Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe Reviews

Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 6
Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 7
  • Madeline

Madeline · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful, Delicious, Great to work with!

This bakery is so lovely to work with. Their staff is warm and welcoming and the finished product was perfect. Their pricing was very reasonable and much better than other popular bakeries in Buffalo! Would absolutely recommend them to anyone in the area!

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 8
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 07/27/2019

Ohlson's bakery is simply amazing

I had heard nothing but positive reviews from Ohlson's Bakery, yet somehow they were able to exceed my expectations for our wedding cake. They were able to create a cake that not only looked amazing but also tasted as good as it looked. They were able to take all of my design wishes and turn them into reality and I could not have asked for a better experience working with them. Their delivery was timely and professional as well, and they took care of everything on the day of the wedding, eliminating all of my worries. We would highly recommend Ohlson's Bakery for weddings or any special occasion.

Sent on 09/22/2019
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 9
  • Tarah

Tarah · Married on 06/21/2019

From the Testing to the wedding day, everything was perfect!

The planning group at Ohlsons was on point the entire process. Their cakes had an incredible reputation and everyone was stunned by how beautiful and tasty the wedding cake was. I love that both my husband and I got the flavors we each love and truly enjoyed the entire experience with them!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Danielle · Married on 02/02/2019

Fantastic and easy

Olson's did a phenomenal job making our winter wonderland cake! It was so delicious and everyone loved it!

Sent on 02/09/2019

Maria · Married on 01/04/2019

Upon meeting we tasted several cakes, fillings, frostings and were able to pick exactly what we wanted. I had no idea what kind of a cake I wanted, but was provided magazines to look through and found the perfect cake. The bakery took care of everything making it absolutely perfect.

Sent on 06/18/2008

Alexandra · Married on 12/08/2018

The most beautiful AND delicious wedding cake EVER!

The title says it all! I can't say how many people came up to me telling me that this was one of the most delicious wedding cakes they'd ever had, and not to mention the cake it self looked gorgeous! usually you get one of the other, but not with Ohlson's. Lisa was so kind during our meeting to discuss flavors and styles and was very willing to work with us to make it look exactly how we wanted. Thank you to Ohlson's for the best wedding cake ever!

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 11/10/2018

Great tasting cake - looked great too!

Cake tasting was the appointment that everyone wanted to attend. We showed up at Ohlson's with 6 people in tow and they didn't bat an eye at letting them all taste with us. We tasted a few cakes around Buffalo, and this cake base was definitely the best - moist, fresh, and delicious! Lisa was great to work with, suggesting designs for us to react to, and being flexible when we asked for changes. Everything was delivered to the venue with no issue (as far as we know!) and it's a nice touch that they give you a free cake on your one year anniversary so you don't have to keep the top layer in your freezer! I highly recommend hiring Lisa and Ohlson's for your big day!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Katie Feiner · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious Cake

Ohlson's Bakery made the cake for my wedding. It was amazing and everyone loved it! I went with a cake from their 300 series and it was perfect! Affordable and delicious. I would recommend Ohlson's Bakery for any party or event.

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious and beautiful wedding cake

We hired Ohlson's Bakery for our October Wedding. We purchased a 3 tier display cake, 2 sheet cakes and a package of gluten free cupcakes. We also did a birthday cake for a guest of ours who was celebrating a birthday on our wedding day. From the first tasting to the delivery, everything with Ohlson's was perfect. But, most importantly, the cakes were DELICIOUS! Our guests raved about the cake all night and our guests with dietary restrictions were absolutely ecstatic to be included with the gluten free cupcakes. Thank you, Ohlson's for making our wedding cake a highlight of our evening!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Matthew · Married on 10/12/2018

Delicious Wedding Cake

We are very pleased that we chose Ohlson's Bakery to do our wedding cake. They took our ideas and used them to create a wonderful focal piece for our wedding. We received so many compliments from our guests!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 10
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing desserts, beautiful wedding cake!

Ohlson's did an amazing job with all of our wedding desserts! We decided to do a smaller cake and dessert table at our wedding and everything was delicious! They were extremely accommodating to all our requests and were great to work with! Would highly recommend them to anyone looking for delicious affordable wedding cakes and/or other desserts for any events! Everything they make is delicious!

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 09/22/2018

Felt like Family

The moment we stepped into Ohlson's bakery it felt like home. They are Christian based and it feels like a small town bakery/cafe. We had a wonderful little cake tasting and there are replicas of cakes to choose from and an ipad with so many cake decorating ideas! We love the 300 series because it fit perfectly in our budget. They were even able to customize our cake and mix and match within that series. We loved our cake: it was beautiful and delicious. We picked the almond cake. We had ~110 wedding guests and there was more than enough cake for them with the whole top left over! The cake could definitely feed 130 guests as advertised.
    Also, if you have time grab some breakfast too!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 11
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 12
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 13
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 14

Lisa · Married on 09/08/2018

Ohlson’s was fantastic to work with! Neither I nor my husband really like cake so we wanted something rather inexpensive and we were also having a small wedding so we didn’t need a huge cake. However, after we tasted Ohlson’s we were totally blown away! They ended up being the first and last place we visited because we knew we wouldn’t find anywhere better. Our cake turned out beautiful and still didn’t cost an arm and a leg. We are definitely going to give them more of our business for future events!

Sent on 09/25/2018
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 15

Lucy · Married on 08/25/2018

Married on 8/25/18

Our cake created by Ohlson's was exactly what we wanted. The staff was extremely patient and helped create a cake we would love to eat over and over again. The pricing was extremely fair for what we chose. Ohlson's will work with you to ensure your money does not go to waste. When it came to the cake itself, all the flavors were so decadent! Whenever we get together with guests who attended the wedding, they rave about how amazing the cake was and wish they had more. Thank you Ohlson's!

Sent on 12/19/2018
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 16
  • User5147109 · 1+ year ago

I can't remember the woman's name that worked with me but she was so nice. I was very indecision in what kind of cake I wanted but she helped me to create a cake that I absolutely love. When we sampled the cake they were amazing! They were so moist and delicious and the cake was very inexpensive!! I would definitely recommend ohlsons bakery to anyone looking for a wedding cake!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Kristen & Jessica · Married on 08/18/2018

Cake turned out amazing! Exactly how we wanted it. We went with a cake from the “350 series” and it was simple yet elegant. It was so good too. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2018

Ohlson's Bakery is amazing!!! We had a wonderful experience using them for our wedding and our cake was not only delicious but gorgeous! We received so many compliments from our guests! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/28/2018
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 17
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 18

Ashley · Married on 08/11/2018

My wedding cake

Ohlsons did a fantastic job creating my wedding cake to be exactly as I wanted! Lisa listened to the ideas that I had, and I sent her photos as well. The taste of the different layers of cake was delicious! They worked with me to combine different cake types and frosting for the layers. The design of my cake was exactly what I wanted! I was so happy with my wedding cake, and I would highly reccomend them for your wedding!

Sent on 01/13/2019
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 19

Shannon · Married on 08/08/2018

Hire this vendor for your dessert ! Cake was AMAZING! Very professional. Cake was beautiful and delicious.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Travis · Married on 07/07/2018

Amazing Cake and Great People

You pretty much can't go wrong with Ohlson's -- they're a household name around town, and we decided to go with them for our wedding cake. Make sure you stop by and have lunch when you make your appointment (it's worth it), and they're so helpful with decor ideas. We went with a three-tier almond-raspberry, and our guests are still talking about it. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Valerie · Married on 06/22/2018

We did the 300 series for our wedding- 3 tiers for 350. We then added a few sheets for extra cake to be cut in the back. It worked out great. We had a beautiful tiered cake at a great price. We had the raspberry marble with buttercream icing, it’s fantastic! I first tried the cake at a bridal expo and knew I had to have it. We had a cake tasting and placed our order the same day! The manager let me leave some details blank until a later date because I didn’t know which colors I wanted to use just yet. She was great about it! The cake was delivered on time and looked flawless. The florist placed fresh flowers on the cake. Everything about Ohlson’s is great. They have so many other pastries and desserts at their bakery and even a cafe where we had lunch on our visit to drop off the cake topper and it was delicious!!!! I highly recommend Ohlsons for their affordability, great service, and delicious cakes!

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 20

Lora · Married on 05/19/2018

The cake was delicious and beautiful. They incorporated our main flower type, calla lilies, into the cake and it turned out perfectly.

Sent on 06/13/2018
  • Jaci

Jaci · Married on 04/14/2018

Absolutely the best tasting cake in our area! The design was absolutely beautiful and their prices are reasonable. I even last minute decided on getting a grooms cake and they were very accomodating. Definitely will be going back for another cake on our 1-year anniversary :)

Sent on 06/07/2018

Ashley · Married on 11/11/2017

When we went to Ohlsons for our cake tasting, we were blown away! Best tasting cake we’ve ever had. Lisa was awesome to work with, she gave us many options and ideas for our wedding cake. The cake turned out beautiful and was everything we wanted. We picked almond and marble - it was the best!!! We are looking forward to our anniversary cake :)

Sent on 11/23/2017
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 21
    Ohlson's Bakery & Cafe 22
  • Dzevada

Dzevada · Married on 10/07/2017

i ordered my wedding cake from here and i am amazed at how it turned out!! highly recommended

Sent on 10/19/2017