Oh So Lovely Photography Reviews

23 | Chicago, IL

23 Reviews for Oh So Lovely Photography

Emily Markham · Married on 10/12/2019

Heart, creativity, and talent - all in one unbelievable person

I got married about a month ago, and am just now posting this because I have been having SO MUCH TROUBLE putting to words how special of a human Esther is. For real, if you need a photographer just stop looking right now and reach out to her. Here’s why:

- Esther’s photos are like art. It’s never just a point and shoot. Your photos will be beautiful and unique and unlike anyone else’s
    - Her. Esther is sweet and patient and LITERALLY everyone at your entire wedding will love her and want to be her friend
    - She’ll see the day through your eyes. She captured my grandma’s face when we talked about my amazing grandpa who is no longer with us. The few seconds my mom and I held hands when I was getting ready. My sister helping me when my shoe slipped off, my husband and his sisters in one of their goofy hugs, and on and on and on

I think that’s her secret – nothing about what you’ll get with Ester is generic. I’ve only seen the previews and can’t believe or understand how she managed to be everywhere and capture every moment of our day, big or small.

On your wedding day, your photographer is with you every single second. During ALL your most special and intimate moments. I spent more time with Esther that day than probably anyone else, and it just felt like she was supposed to be there. Like a very creative/extremely talented friend who happened to take photos of me 😊 If you’re looking for a photographer, for any reason, stop looking and reach out to Esther, because she is everything and more.

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Kylie

Kylie Cibrian · Married on 05/17/2019

Heart and Talent Are Unrivaled

Ever met someone and immediately wanted to make them your friend? That was Esther, for me. Not only is she outrageously talented, but she is one of the kindest and most genuine people I have ever met. Our initial consultation for our wedding was casual and relaxed; my now husband and I felt like we were meeting an old friend. She doesn’t know this, but I cancelled every other photographer meeting after we met with her - and Esther was the first person we met with! I was able to witness her in action prior to my wedding day as she was also the photographer for my best friend’s wedding the year prior (but after our consult). Her style is unique and her ability to capture candid moments is unrivaled. My husband is the worst about smiling in pictures, but I have so many shots from that day of him with the widest grin. On the day of our wedding, Esther patiently coached my husband and I, as well as wrangled our entire bridal party as needed for photos. I am thrilled and elated that such a wonderful person was part of our happiest day. The only gripe I have is that now that my wedding is over and we received all our pictures, I’m going to have to find reasons to keep in touch. Esther is absolutely the one I will be contacting in the future whenever I need pictures in the future. Do yourself a favor and follow her on Instagram, too.

Sent on 08/25/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 12/14/2018

Lasting Impression

460 days later, and we are still swooning over the moments Esther has captured of our most favorite day. Her photography is something that brings back those emotions all over again.

From our first meeting via Skype to the moment we received our images, Esther has left us a lasting impression. Her dedication, passion, and authenticity in helping us relive our wedding can't fully be described in this short space.

Before the wedding, she took the time to listen and hear our thoughts about the day. Being a teacher, I always like to have a plan and use charts and spreadsheets. Esther was very kind with reassurance and answering any questions we had. Her professionalism is unmatched!

We only needed one photographer and Esther was able to capture moments from both sides equally with the time constraints we had. She has a calming presence about her and go-with-the-flow attitude; it definitely helped us to also be calm and relaxed.

My husband and I are awkward when it comes to photos, but she didn't make us feel uncomfortable and worked with our strengths! I definitely recommend learning what your "good" side is and if you don't feel comfortable with a pose or something, definitely speak up. Esther will hear you and adjust.

I come from a big family and she is really good at herding them to where they need to be! She's assertive and when you are trying to get group photos, someone like her is a MUST. Being someone who is extremely punctual, she took care of that for me. THANKS ESTHER!

We love that her journalistic style isn't like everyone else's or something you would see from corporate photographers. No disrespect to them, but her talent and style is just unique.

The one thing I regret is not booking her for longer than 10 hours. She is worth it. TRUST ME.

I can go on and on, but really... I hope this review solidifies your thoughts on booking Oh So Lovely Photography.

Can't wait to book her again for our next milestone.

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/05/2018

The nicest, most talented EVER!

From the begining Esther was the sweetest nicest and easiest at planning for our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. She helped with ideas of locations as well.
    The day of our engagement pictures it was disgustingly humid and my hair was destroyed and my husband (fiance at the time) and I were dripping in sweat. Im not sure how she did it, but she worked her magic positioning us and fixing my hair to make the pictures turn out flawlessly! We also incorporated our beautiful baby daughter in some of the pictures and I cant even put into words how breathtaking the pictures turned out. During the engagement session we were adventurous with our surroundings as well. It was a delightful and memorable experience.
    The day of our wedding, It was also very humid outside and she again made all of the photos beautiful! She captured every important detail of the day. Looking through the pictures, my husband and I didnt even know she was taking pictures at a moment at the wedding and we thought it was just really awesome and so appreciated that she had captured those moments. I will also say as a plus size bride, my number one concern was how I would look in pictures and I personally feel like Esther knew the right angles and ways to move people around that made me look and feel flawless and confident. When I recieved the pictures I was so satisfied and happy with the way I looked. She did a beautiful job. This is more proof of her talent.
    When we recieved our wedding package with the usbs and printed pictures, it was so beautifully packaged, we were so suprised.
    In all of our experience with Esther, we both agree that she completely went above and beyond in capturing such a special and important moment in our lives. Her planning was simple and easy, she was the sweetest person ever, we felt that she really took care of us but also wasnt controlling us on our day, she captured every detail and special moment of our time at the engagement shoot and wedding day more beautifully than we remembered, when she walked in the room the day of the wedding her kindness and calmness really helped calm my nerves, she proved how talented she truly is, and really made us so greatful satisfied in choosing her. We are so happy and blessed to have discovered her.

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing! Blown away by the photos Esther took!

I couldn't be more thrilled with the photos that Esther took! They're stunning and captured such special moments of our wedding day! Beyond being incredibly talented, Esther has such a lovely, calming presence and helped me feel at ease on the day of my wedding. She also did a great job of wrangling friends and family members for pictures, and delivered a fantastic combination of candid and posed photos that still looked natural. I couldn't be happier with Esther's photography and will definitely be recommending her to friends and hiring her again myself for future photo shoots/events!

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica Lacosse · Married on 07/07/2018

Seamless & Effortless

This review is far overdue because the amount of love and appreciation we have for Esther and her work is beyond words! Her eye, talent, promptness, professionalism, and flexibility are all award worthy. Without a doubt the easiest and most seamless vendor we worked with. Esther made it so easy for us to simply enjoy the process. AND our photos are absolutely stunning! Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/07/2019

kelsey · Married on 06/16/2018

Esther and her husband are SO wonderful! They are both so sweet and fun to be around. I loved Esther’s photography style when I found her featured on a wedding blog, and asking her to be our wedding photographer was the best decision. She made us feel comfortable and our photos turned out gorgeous, as I knew they would, because Esther was taking them! We have had several people comment on how beautiful our photos are. We are so happy with them. Also, Esther sent the cutest engraved wooden box to deliver the USB drive and some prints of our photos. We weren’t expecting it, but it was such a pretty presentation and sweet surprise. Hire Esther, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Naomi · Married on 06/10/2018

Esther’s work is amazing. She goes above and beyond expectations and displays such passion and professionalism with her photography. She has done multiple photography sessions for me such as individual, couple, engagement shoot, and my wedding day! I will always highly recommend her to anyone needing a photographer. She is the only photographer I trust! Her style is so natural and beautiful. She makes you feel comfortable and confident. She’s super understanding, flexible, and fun! Truly, greatest photographer in the industry!

Sent on 09/16/2018
  • Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn · Married on 05/18/2018

The Best Wedding Photographer in Chicago!

Esther is by far the BEST photographer in Chicago! There’s a warmth to her pictures that I have not seen by others that brings out the inner beauty of whatever she puts her lens to. From the moment we met her we felt at ease talking with her as if we were old friends. She’s so kind and genuine it makes it easy to work with her. And if you’re not sure what to do in photos, she guides you in a way that is comfortable and feels more natural. There are some poses, but really the photos we loved, that she excels at, are the candid photos she gets. Really all of our photos, from engagement session to our wedding are absolutely breathtaking and they feel like us; like she captured our true emotions. And for the price?! There is no one better. And if you don’t believe me...I actually went through the 700 photographer portfolios they have listed on The Know! That’s how important our photographer was to me and I wanted to make sure I got the best person and the best price. She’s so amazing, my best friend and Maid of Honor just hired her to be the photographer for her wedding. If you’re in search of the best, call Esther.

Sent on 01/14/2019
  • Tabita

Tabita · Married on 10/22/2017

Really enjoyed having Esther and her services at our wedding. We felt comfortable and knew that we could be ourselves! Really easy going and she came up with great shots for our pictures! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Anna · Married on 10/20/2017

We had an amazing experience working with Oh So Lovely Photography for our wedding and the pictures were absolutely stunning. Esther made us feel so comfortable and relaxed on a day that had potential to be stressful. The team really captured the essence of our bridal party, family, and friends and you can tell how much fun everyone had through the pictures!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Brooke · Married on 09/23/2017

Above and beyond our expectations! After searching through hundreds of photographers and their portfolios, I came across Oh So Lovely Photography on the Knot. I was super impressed with Esther's portfolio and fell in love with her style of photography. Communication is key with wedding vendors, and she was very helpful and prompt to answer any questions before and after our wedding. Since we live across the country, the first time meeting was our on wedding day, but Esther and Andrea (Esther's 2nd photographer for the day) made us feel so comfortable and at ease throughout the whole day. They had the perfect balance between directing us with posing and candid shots which resulted in a beautiful array of photos. We have received tons of compliments not only about how beautiful our wedding photos turned out, but also from wedding guests and bridal party, saying how attentive and enjoyable they both were. We're so pleased and honored to have chosen Oh So Lovely Photography to photograph our wedding and would recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 01/27/2018

Samantha · Married on 12/03/2016

I had absolutely the best experience with Esther and her husband David of Oh So Lovely, from our initial conversation to receiving our beautifully gift-wrapped photos and thumb drive in the mail after our wedding. I felt an instant connection with Esther, as she was so positive, professional and kind. Previous photographers I had contacted had been either unresponsive or trying to get me to tailor my needs to what they envisioned, while Esther immediately set up a phone meeting and just listened to what I was thinking. I had found her via Instagram and had been so taken by the beautiful, unique quality of her photos, and what she delivered after the wedding was even more breathtaking than I could have imagined! Also, it was such a blast to hang out with her and her husband before our ceremony during first look photos. It was such a fun and calming way to start off the celebration and put us at such ease, setting the tone for the rest of the night. Honestly, I cannot recommend this couple enough! Such a fun and loving team that took seriously gorgeous photos and captured the night so well with such natural, candid shots (I hate stuffy portraits and Esther totally internalized that). I have had so many compliments and inquiries about the photography. So glad I have such beautiful tokens of the most wonderful day.

Sent on 02/09/2017

Brenna · Married on 10/23/2016

Esther and David were a wonderful team and did an absolutely amazing job capturing our wedding day. We love our photos so much. They are very well taken and edited, all having a very consistent look and tone. We received some of the best photos as really high quality prints in a small glass case and got a very cool wooden jump drive with all the photos, showing excellence right down to the little details. They are very talented, kind, easy to work with, and a lot of fun to be with.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Dawn · Married on 09/24/2016

BEST. PHOTOGRAPHER. EVER. - If you are looking for a photographer who helps you feel comfortable in front of the camera, knows how to capture the perfect moments, extremely talented and creative, and incredibly kind - Esther is the person you are looking for. When Esther and I first talked, I told her I wanted our wedding photos to look right out of style me pretty or modern chicago bride; light, airy, romantic (no pressure, right?) well, she delivered beyond our expectations. I had two years to plan our wedding, which means plenty of time for research, price comparisons, and conversations. She is a force to be reckoned with. Just take a look at her Instagram and blog to get a sneak peak of her work. Truly incredible work and we will be contacting her for all of our future family photos (maternity, baby photos, everything.) Love her and her husband who was the second photographer at our wedding - both are very talented and have great ideas for capturing the right shot. We loved them, our wedding party loved them, and all of our guests. She was the best investment and I'm sooo happy to get to relive the biggest day of our lives through her lens.

Sent on 10/18/2016
  • Susie

Susie · Married on 08/20/2016

Let me begin by saying that photography was one of the most important parts of wedding planning for me. I knew that we would rely on photographs to remember the details of our wedding, and wanted them to be captured in an intimate and beautiful way. My pickiness was quickly met by the impossibility of finding a great photographer at a reasonable price who could be available on our date. I went through dozens of websites, let down by cost or unavailability, until I found Esther and her beloved Oh So Lovely Photography. With stunning luck, I liked her gorgeous work best of all, she was within our budget, and she was available for our wedding day. I couldn’t believe it then, but now I feel it was meant to happen!

Esther is as sweet, kind, and professional as she is talented. For our engagement photos, despite our awkwardness and so-so weather, Esther guided us and worked her magic to produce really beautiful photos. Several of my friends were so impressed that they want to work with her too!

On the wedding day, we got to work with both Esther & her husband, David. Despite the ceremony starting late, which cut into picture time, they were easygoing and later helped us find a moment between light rain showers to get more pictures outside. The only thing I could say makes Esther even better is David, as they work so well together. I can see how he adds another dimension to her work! I can’t wait to see all the photos from our wedding as I know I will be even more moved than I was by our e-session. The preview that we received while on our honeymoon made our trip even sweeter and thrills me every time I look at it!

In short, our photographer was one of the BEST parts of our wedding. For Esther, I know that photography is not just a job but a love and a passion. This shines through in every beautiful picture. Her excitement for the beauty of life and love for weddings truly added to my own wedding experience, and I am so thankful to have worked with and know her!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Very good experience and great photographer.. Very patient with children and very creative! Great value and very professional!!

Sent on 02/07/2016

Andreea · Married on 11/22/2015

Planning a wedding can be overwhelming. It’s a once in a lifetime event and a totally new experience that can cause much stress and anxiety. One of the most important decisions for some couples, and it certainly was for us, would be choosing a wedding photographer. We didn't have much previous experience working with a professional photographer. We feared that our wedding pictures wouldn’t be a reflection of our true selves and our personalities, or that we might find ourselves in awkward interactions with the person who is supposed to be creating these special memories for us. All of our fears and anxieties were COMPLETELY gone upon working with Esther. Our wedding was the best day of our lives and having her be a part of it made it that much more special. Esther made us feel so natural, so comfortable and having received our album now, we are thrilled to see how effortlessly her talent shines through. The entire day was amazing!! If we could do it all over again, we would and there isn’t a thing we would change. Our family and friends were a bit nervous about our pictures being taken on such a snowy and chilly day in Chicago but Esther totally worked that to our advantage. One of our favorite moments was being able to sneak away between the ceremony & reception for a mini private shoot in the most whimsical winter setting. We were frozen but it was so worth it! Our bridal party had a blast and we really felt that Esther helped everyone be comfortable and natural in front of the camera while still giving all of us good guidance and directions. Our family and friends had a blast and they were happy our photographers were so easy to work with, they fit right in with all of our guests! We now have these amazing pictures to look back on and we are so grateful to have had such a considerate, thoughtful and creative photographer to capture it all!

Sent on 02/11/2016
  • Z

Zipporah · Married on 11/07/2015

Esther and her partner, her husband David did an AMAZING job with my wedding photos. I couldn't be more grateful! I told her exactly what I wanted and she went above and beyond.. I used her for engagement, wedding... And we are anticipating a maternity shoot with her soon :) very blessed couple and very very talented! I recommend her to all my friends and family.

Sent on 02/03/2016

Adriana · Married on 06/07/2015

Esther is a wonderful photographer! Very easy to get along withc she's very passionate about photography and making people feel beautiful and comfortable.. She really takes the time to get what you want, what you prefer .. I highly recommend Her to everyone . She's one of the sweetest people you will ever meet, which makes it so easy to to have a great time takif pictures which are so valuable because one of the greatest moments and memories are caught on camera that you can look back to and feel great about :)

Sent on 02/13/2016

Jen · Married on 03/28/2015

Esther and her husband David were just.. Amazing! Our pictures came out beyond what we had hoped for. They helped us pose for the shots, which a lot of photographers don't. They came up with great ideas for pictures. Esther even offered us an engagement shoot before the wedding that we switched to a day before wedding shoot and it was the best decision we made. All while traveling for my wedding. Esther & David are just overal the sweetest people ever and I can't wait to recommend them to all our friends!!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Nicolette · Married on 09/21/2019

So talented!

Esther was absolutely fabulous from the engagement shoot to the wedding day. Both my husband and I are not the most photogenic people and she was able to help guide us into flattering poses and capturing the candid natural shoots. The way she edits the photo is also incredible. I love the coloring and vibe she brings to all of her photos. Hands down great photographer, easy to work with, and so talented!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Stefanie & Otniel · Married on 10/15/2016

I don't believe I am over-exaggerating when I say, Esther of Oh So Lovely Photography is a 5-star artist. She was responsive, and flexible with us, willing to work with me and my fiancé on an early morning when we both happened to be in Chicago (neither of us live in IL!) Her priority was taking photos of us with beautiful, chic scenery, making our interaction fun, and also including our ideas among hers -- not the clock or the money (we stayed within time and budget, which we all appreciated!). My fiancé and I also noted how easily friendly she was, and how she interacted with us to help us get over camera-shyness. In the end, we had fun, received beautiful artistry for photos and highly recommend Esther!

Sent on 11/07/2016