Oh Sew Perfect Reviews

12 | Goshen, NY

12 Reviews for Oh Sew Perfect

Kimberly Misner · Married on 08/09/2020

Holly is amazing!

Holly is amazing! She altered my dream wedding dress to fit me perfectly. I met with Holly for three fittings before my wedding and each time she was such a pleasure to work with. I am petite but curvy and Holly made sure my dress fit me like a glove. I had an all lace gown and when we received my dress from the vendor there was a piece of lace missing in the back. My dress shop contacted the vendor and they sent the wrong piece of lace so Holly worked her magic and fixed it for me by hand! Holly is so sweet and is truly talented at what she does. My bridesmaids went to Holly as well and loved her as much as I did! We will definitely be going to Holly for all of our future alterations!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

Thank you Kimberly! It was such a pleasure working with you, I wish you tons of joy and happiness now an always!

Lisa · Married on 06/05/2020

Excellent and Comfortable

Holly was a delight to work with. She put me at ease with all my many ideas on alterations. A very professional and creative mind. I recommend her to all brides looking for a comfortable and high quality experience.

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

Even though we just met, I truly appreciate your lovely review. I'm looking forward to our next meeting and your big day!!

Kristen T · Married on 09/21/2019

The Right Fit!

Holly was a dream to work with and made my wedding dress dreams come true on a budget and on time! She genuinely cares about your time and big day. Perhaps most importantly, she LISTENS to you in order to achieve your desired seamstress needs! I also loved the fact that I could support a woman-owned small business in my community.

Sent on 01/09/2020

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

Kristen!! Thank you for all the kind words. I had so much fun working with you and I'm truly going to miss your beautiful smile, infectious laugh and all around bubbly personality!! All the best to you!!
  • Trista

Trista Polo · Married on 09/08/2019

Custom work on point

Holly made me a custom skirt from fabric I provided. I found a picture on the internet and with her guidance and input we created the perfect signature piece for fancy wedding events and other gala type events. Holly was flexible and attentive and guided me through this process, which I had never done before. I use her exclusively now for all of my alteration work and wouldn't trust anyone else.

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

Thank you Trista! Definitely a fun project to work on, even more fun because the color and design were fabulous!!
  • Brittany

Brittany Brooks · Married on 08/03/2019

Less is more!

Holly was highly recommended to me by a mom group on Facebook. She was professional and friendly from the start. I had a simple, delicate dress that needed hemming and an alteration to the neck line. She took a sweetheart neckline and gave me the off the shoulder look I was hoping for!
    On top of it all, my grandmother brought Holly her wedding dress with the request to make “keepsakes” from it to give to myself and my cousins as we got married. Holly took the time with a 60 year old lace dress, carefully taking it apart and creating beautiful, unique handkerchiefs that are absolutely treasured by us all.

Sent on 12/31/2019

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

Thank you Brittany! It was such a pleasure to work with you and your grandmother. I loved hearing the story of you and your cousins playing dress up with your grandmothers wedding dress. I was honored to oh so carefully take the dress apart and create something you'll all cherish for a life time.
    You look absolutely beautiful, thank you for sharing!
    Congratulations and Best Wishes to you all!
  • Brianna

Brianna Catherine · Married on 07/12/2019

The Perfect Fit

Holly is so wonderful!!! I had A LOT of concerns with my dress along the way (just the typical things every bide to be thinks of), It was very big when I bought it, and I thought the material was very unforgiving. Holly re-assured me many times she would make sure it would be the perfect snug. She met with me many times to go over the changes and there were times i would even just text her my concerns and she listened. At the end of it all my dress fit perfectly. It was amazing to see the transformation. I highly recommend Holly!

Sent on 01/28/2020

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

Brianna! Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I have to say, on your final fitting day, I had goosebumps! You looked so amazing, your dress fit like a glove and I couldn't have been more proud to make that happen. All the best to you now and always!

Cara · Married on 06/22/2019

Incredible!!

Holly was truly phenomenal. She altered two wedding dresses for me under a very tight deadline. One was more casual, but the other was very ornate and needed to be fitted quite a bit. I had a terminally ill family member, so we planned a small ceremony in a matter of days. Holly did these alterations and relieved so much stress in a difficult situation. I went back for a few more fittings for our larger wedding several months later. She did a gorgeous job and basically restructured the entire top of my dress after I lost more weight than expected during my final fitting. She was highly recommended by my dress shop and just truly outdid herself. But most importantly, she is kind, patient, talented, and just such a lovely person. I am so happy to have used her for my wedding day!

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

Cara, thank you so much for a lovely review. It was an honor and a pleasure getting to know you and to be able to help the best way I know how...especially during a difficult time. Its nice to know I was able to relieve a bit of stress.
    Congratulations and Best Wishes, you look absolutely Beautiful!!!

Jenny · Married on 11/17/2018

Beyond perfect

The dress!! Beyond beautiful! I felt like a princess all day long! Holly gave me flexibility to wear my heals and my sneakers without the length of my dress being too short or too long. Literally perfect! She build in a bra so I would be comfortable and confident. I cannot say enough about how beautiful she made my dress look. She also did all my girls alterations. It’s very easy to talk to holly. She will listen to all your concerns. She made herself available for dress fitting that worked with my crazy schedule. With all the craziness of a wedding, it was just a pleasure to not have to stress about how your dress will look and fit! Talented is an understatement and her detail and vision will surpass any other! I highly recommend Holly! Thank you 💕🥰

Sent on 12/28/2019

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

Thank you Jenny this is so so sweet! I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I wish you all the best now and always!!
  • Amber

Amber Gardner · Married on 07/09/2018

Wedding Dress alterations and much more...

Oh Sew Perfect is the best spot in the Hudson Valley for alterations and home to my go-to seamstress Holly for over 5 years! Her customer service is impeccable, she is super focused on making sure I feel confident and comfortable. From my wedding dress to cocktail dresses to my bands custom equipment covers, I always leave the shop knowing I will look & feel my best and be 100% satisfied with Holly’s work. Thank you!!! See you soon. :)

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

Amber, thank you for the glowing review! Its been my pleasure to not only offer my help for your wedding but also to be involved in other aspects of your life that makes me feel "cool"!
    I wish you all the best for now and always!!

Megan · Married on 05/18/2018

Holly IS oh see perfect in every way!!

Holly is not only incredibly talented, but an absolute pleasure to work with. I had total trust in her skills and taste to change the sleeves of my wedding dress, and the outcome was beyond all expectations.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

Thank you Megan, I appreciate you taking the time to add a review. It was a pleasure working with you as well!!
    All the best,

The Only Person I Trust With Special Alterations

Holly is truly a gifted artist. She did exceptional alterations for my wedding gown, and created a magnificent bustle. She also helped my mother with tips and tricks to spruce up my veil (an heirloom which, over time, had lost its luster). She is seriously committed to detail, she has a natural talent, is so so so very kind and easy to work with. She treats your items as if they are her own. She’s also a renaissance woman. I’ve seen her alter gowns, build brand new gowns out of vintage gowns, create first communion and baptismal gowns out of wedding gowns. I’ve seen her work with leather, silk, canvas- everything! Her talents are limitless. She knows her stuff. Trust her!!!

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

You truly are the sweetest!! Thank you so much for this beyond glowing review. There are no words for how much I appreciate it!
    I wish you all the best now and always,

Lindsey · Married on 06/08/2014

Holly is the best!

With all that you have to worry about while planning a wedding, this is one area you can make easy: have Holly alter your dress! She is so incredibly skilled, creative and caring! I love her work so much that I’ve brought all of my bridesmaid dresses to her since my wedding, one of which was totally beaded and she did an amazing job shortening it while preserving the design in the beading. For my wedding, we worked together to create the look I wanted to add to my dress, by building up the fullness of the skirt to add to the vintage vibe. She used her experience to determine the best placement for the tule, taking into account the weight of the dress. The end result was absolute perfection!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Oh Sew Perfect's reply:

Lindsey! Thank you so much for taking to time to leave such a wonderful review!! I truly appreciate it and always look forward to seeing you, your mom, and sisters.
    Sending lots of joy and happiness your way,