Oh, Karina Photography Reviews

31 | Boston, MA

31 Reviews for Oh, Karina Photography

Julie · Married on 06/22/2018

Karina is great! Taking our engagement photos was insanely fun despite the fact that it was majorly cold right on the water. We had a blast and can't wait to see how our wedding pics come out :)

Sent on 07/28/2017

Kim · Married on 06/17/2017

Karina is the absolute best! She came recommended to us from a couple of different people and we are so glad we reached out to her. I lost my dad 6 months prior to our wedding day, so I was nervous that my family and I would have a difficult time taking portraits. Not only was Karina understanding and sympathetic to this, she also embraced a goofy idea I came across to lighten the mood (think, bride in T-rex suit?). Karina kept us smiling and laughing the whole time. We loved having our "practice shoot" beforehand, too, it really did help us get to know Karina and vice versa. On our big day, Karina made sure to capture every important moment and any special requests we had, but also gave us direction to make sure she got us looking our best. We can't wait to see the photos, but we know they're going to be amazing.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Rimma · Married on 10/21/2016

I don't think we can say anything that hasn't been said about Karina before....but...she is just amazing.
    Karina made the entire pre-wedding process easy, letting us know what to expect and how best to communicate with her - we had a somewhat unconventional wedding day and she was so flexible and willing to help us accomplish exactly what we wanted. Karina was such a joy to spend the wedding day with and made it so much fun. But, aside from just being a fun and lovable human being, her photos are WONDERFUL! When we got the email that our photos were ready, we rushed home and sat in front of the screen for two hours going through all the photos and had aching cheeks from smiling so hard. The photos were so unique, so colorful, and really reflected all the joy of the wedding. Karina is somehow able to capture happiness in the most honest of ways. We loved her!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Leyla · Married on 09/24/2016

Karina did the most amazing job photographing our wedding! She is so much fun to work with and from the beginning she made us feel so comfortable. What might have otherwise been somewhat awkward wedding portraits, were a ton of fun and came out beautifully. Karina did an amazing job capturing our personality and those of our loved ones (many of our family members told us these are the best photos anyone has ever taken of them!) She also took care of all possible logistical details and our wedding day ran so smoothly. If you are looking for a wedding photographer who is so fun, professional, and will capture the personality of your wedding day with beautiful pictures, I would 100% recommend Oh, Karina!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/19/2015

Our experience with Karina was nothing short of amazing!!! My husband is not the biggest fan of having his picture taken and her fun and energetic attitude made picture-taking a blast. She captured our day better than I could have ever imagined. She was prompt with her responses and always incredibly helpful if I had any questions. In addition, I had Karina take boudoir pictures as a wedding gift to my husband. She made the whole experience very comfortable and the pictures came out beautifully. He ABSOLUTELY loved them. Karina has a truly artistic eye and it shows in every picture she takes. We would highly recommend her because she is beyond talented and awesome to work with!!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Megan · Married on 08/08/2015

There are truly no words to completely describe what Karina has done for us. That said, I'll try. Karina is everything we ever wanted in a wedding photographer, and then ten times more. She is hilarious, fun, crazy talented, thoughtful, efficient - just a superb, superb person and photographer. I want to make up situations in which I need a professional photographer, just so I can hire her again (and hang out, because have I mentioned that she's an incredible person as well as photographer?).

In the photographs, she captured every single thing that we wanted to capture. She GOT us. She got what we were trying to do. She captured the joy, the laughter, the closeness, the small little moments. She's creative and talented. So talented. She's got the eye.

I could go on and on and on and on. Seriously - the BEST decision we made in our wedding planning. Unbelievable. We are absolutely blown away.

Sent on 08/30/2015

Corinne · Married on 06/13/2015

We chose Karina because she was recommended to us, we liked her work, and she fell in our price range. If all we had gotten from her were the fantastic pictures she took, we'd still recommend her.

Her work speaks for itself, but her value as an asset in your whole planning/wedding process can't speak as loudly. So I'm writing this to tell you that she made things easy. She wanted to meet up before we hired her so she could get to know us and we could all get a feel for how we'd work together. She included an engagement session which served as a great check-in point before the wedding (and got us more of her awesome photos). She responded quickly to any contact we made, and also worked with the venue to make sure that she'd be set with anything she'd need on the day-of.

Then, on top of everything, she indulged us in our crazy idea to walk three miles across the city on our wedding day to get from our apartment to the venue. From getting ready, to traveling to the venue, and then getting the family portraits done, she kept things fun, but focused and light-handedly directed, too (which we needed!). And all we heard from friends and family after the reception was how great she was at noticing moments that were happening and unobtrusively capturing them, gathering and encouraging when needed.

Karina is so great to work with and gives you a treasure-trove at the end of it all. Hire her. You won't regret it.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Michael · Married on 05/23/2015

She is #1 and there is no reason to even consider anyone else!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Stephanie · Married on 04/10/2015

From the moment I met Karina- I knew she would be a great fit, and knew my (now) husband would love her too. She wasn’t pushing services on us that we didn’t need or want. I would say our style was a little funky but not so out of the box we’d look at our wedding photos 20 years from now and say “what were we thinking”. Karina got it- instantly. She was patient with us despite my inability to make a decision regarding our engagement shoot. She was very responsive with every email I sent regardless if I was being a crazy bride or not… and overall- she was fun to be around. I didn’t feel at any moment that it was a chore to take photos. At the wedding, she blended right in- which was great, no forced shots. She was worth every penny, and we wouldn’t hesitate to book her again (or recommend her to anyone I know).

Sent on 09/28/2015

Aimee · Married on 10/18/2014

Karina was seriously the best to work with. She’s extremely personable, skilled, and professional. Post wedding, so many of our Guests came up to us and mentioned how much they liked her and her approach. A true win all around! I whole heartily recommend her. The photos are amazing and capture moments in their best and truest light.

Sent on 03/11/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2014

I recommend this photographer to anyone for any occasion. She is an upbeat and enthusiastic professional that puts everyone at ease in front of the camera. She captured the most beautiful and amazing shots of our wedding weekend and got many great candid and posed shots in the most subtle of ways. From the initial meeting, Karina was extremely flexible with our weird schedule and venue changes and really went above and beyond to make sure we got everything we needed and wanted. Unbelievable price for the quality of the finished product and time she puts in, she even includes an engagement shoot in the package. Very quick turnaround time and amazing quality photos, I wholeheartedly recommend her!

Sent on 11/17/2014
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 06/28/2014

My husband and I are on the shyer side -not exactly people who like getting their picture taken but Karina is verifiably an actual wizard. We could not believe how awesome our pictures came out! My family has been raving non-stop how awesome she was at the wedding. We could not agree with them more. Honestly, genuinely highly recommended!

Sent on 08/06/2014

OH KARINA!!! She's AMAZING!!! Her great attitude, fun spirit and creativity makes every photo shoot with her a blast. Her photos are absolutely gorgeous, capturing all the little moments as well as all the big picture stuff. I'm so grateful I was able to work with her for the wedding (as are all my family and friends since they now have tons of great pics too!).

Sent on 07/12/2014

Karina is awesome!
    I can't tell you how many of my guest came to me and said, "what a great choice for a photographer!"
    She fit right in! A great bubbly personality that puts you at ease so, your photos look perfect NOT forced.
    Working with her is a wonderful experience, and I would recommend her over and over again.
    I will also continue to use her as my photographer for all events of the future and family photos.
    We are a big Oh, Karina Photography cheerleaders!

Sent on 08/06/2014

As a bride and owner of an Event Planning & Design business, I had high hopes for the perfect photographer. Karina was exceptionally talented, mindful, flexible, FUN, and had a fantastic eye for what we were looking for. I have already recommended her to my clients and I hope that we work again in the future.

Sent on 08/07/2014
  • kellie

kellie · Married on 03/29/2014

karina has an amazing eye for detail and a true passion for photography. the family loved her, she was great with the little ones and I continue to get compliments on my photos. I actually have to many that I love to put into the album!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Working with Karina was easy, stress-free, and just plain enjoyable. She was ready for any crazy idea we had, and threw in some wonderful ideas of her own. We felt so relaxed working with her, and the energy and overall feel of the wedding was captured in the photos she took. Everyone at our wedding raved at how cheerful and engaging she was, and it was a delight to have her and her fellow photographer there for our special day. I highly recommend her for anyone looking to get fantastic photos, taken with lots of care, attention to detail, and a smile.

Sent on 03/26/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/20/2013

I cannot say enough about Karina. From the moment my husband and I met her, we knew she would be the perfect photographer for us. She was responsive, professional and most importantly FUN. She put all of my anxieties about being photographed to ease and she embraced any ideas we had. Karina is creative and can work wonders behind the camera. So many of my guests commented on how she was "everywhere" during the wedding. She captured every moment and most importantly the small moments. We received our photos this week and my husband and I laughed, cried, smiled and oooed and ahhhed and just about everything in between. Hire Karina, she is sure to provide you with a positive experience and photographs that are fun, colorful, creative and so beautiful.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Margaret · Married on 07/06/2013

As soon as I got engaged, every single one of my married friends told me not to be cheap with the photographer. Because the wedding lasts a second, but then you have the photos to keep for the rest of your life. I just received my photos yesterday and I feel like it was a bargain considering how beautiful they are and how ridiculously high the level of quality is. Every single one of them is beautiful, and every single one of them really captures the joy, the wonderful emotions, and the fun of the entire wedding day. I keep looking at them and am reminded of how lucky I am to have her take our photos.

When we first met with Karina, I was immediately impressed by her friendliness and her professionalism. Getting to know her has been a pleasure, and it made us immediately so comfortable with her. And since your photographer is the one vendor who is with you a lot on your wedding day, it's important for you to feel comfortable around them (even if you're not that comfortable getting your photo taken).

In addition, it was important to me to have engagement photos taken, since I really wanted nice photographs of us in our normal lives (and not just a bunch of iPhone pictures posted on Facebook and Instagram). It was also super helpful to know how we looked in photos, as well as to get more comfortable being photographed in general. I am so glad we did this because our engagement photos are gorgeous and super duper fun.

Finally, I am not the skinniest person on the planet and so I was really worried that I would kind of look dumpy and frumpy on camera (don't they say you gain 20 pounds on camera). I have to tell you that this was a silly concern. Karina manages to capture all of the moments of your wedding day in such a way that every single person looks absolutely beautiful.

So if you want absolutely amazing photographs of your wedding and engagement, and you want to hang out with an awesome person, then you should definitely contact her.

Sent on 07/24/2013

Laura · Married on 06/15/2013

Karina rocks!! She was friendly, energetic, and responsive throughout the whole process, and was easily the favorite vendor my husband and I worked with for our wedding. We had a pretty unusual idea for our engagement photos--we wanted to dress up in old Halloween costumes and walk around Boston--but I wasn't sure if the pictures would come out looking silly. Not only was Karina totally on board with the idea, she made us feel at ease during the engagement session (we had a total blast!), and the photos were EXACTLY what we were hoping for, but even better. (She also took some awesome non-costumed photos of us.)

For our wedding, Karina was on the ball about everything, and even helped me work out our wedding-day timeline. When she was taking photos of my husband and me after the ceremony, she actually ran across Storrow Drive so that she could stand on the median to get the perfect shot of us above on one of the footbridges. If you've never seen Storrow Drive, I will tell you, it's NOT a road anyone normally crosses on foot! If that's not dedication, I don't know what is! Our wedding photos came out completely gorgeous. They captured all the fun and emotion of the day. If you're thinking about hiring Karina, just do it. She's got serious talent!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Jackie · Married on 10/07/2012

Karina was amazing as our wedding photographer. She was (and still is
    even almost a year later) very responsive to all of our emails no
    matter how weird or annoying the request might be. The engagement and wedding photographs came out wonderfully and really capture how special the day was for everyone.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Cynthia · Married on 07/21/2012

Karina is THE BEST. I'm not someone who enjoys getting photographed, but we were instantly comfortable with Karina. During the wedding and reception, I don't remember feeling the presence of her camera at all, yet when we looked at the photos, we were amazed at how many great shots she got of us and our entire families, and how "in the middle of the action" the photos felt. Invisibility cloak, perhaps?
    When shopping for a photographer, we noticed the same posed shots over and over, and the same Photoshop effects and filters. Karina's photography stood out because she has straight up talent, and her photos absolutely reflect the personality of her subjects.

Sent on 08/28/2012

Chikae · Married on 07/05/2012

Though we were planning a very low-budget teeny wedding, photography was one my "must-haves" that I didn't want to compromise on. I combed through hundreds of photographers from offbeatbrides and yelp and narrowed it down to three people whose photography and professional styles seemed like they would mesh with us the most. Out of those three, Karina just blew us away! She was actually the first person we interviewed and both us went away from the meeting thinking that our feeling of "Jackpot!" was just because she was the first person we met. Nope. From her friendliness (we knew right away that our parents would feel comfortable around her) to her preparedness (she brought sample wedding albums with her for us to peruse) to her having flexible time/financial packages that worked with our small, short wedding (she already had a "small wedding" package figured out vs. the other two who told us they would have to get back to us with prices), she was the perfect fit for us in every way :D Thanks go Karina, we have beautiful engagement and wedding photographs that we will treasure forever!!

Sent on 07/29/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2012

After meeting with many photographers, we chose to go with Karina, and we definitely made the right choice! From the get-go it was clear that Karina was professional, fun, and creative. She arrived to our venue early and began going to work right away, setting up artistic shots of my dress, shoes, and the girls getting ready. She was great at getting shots without being intrusive and making anyone feel self conscious. Once we began formals, it was clear she had an artistic vision. She did a great job encouraging us all to be silly and have fun. My bridesmaids kept going on and on about how much they loved Karina! My husband and I went down to the Charles River to take photos, and on the way Karina said she'd been wanting to shoot a couple inside a sculpture we were passing. So we got the driver to stop right on Mass Ave, we all piled out of the car and did photos at this impromptu location. I could tell she was genuinely excited to be taking our pictures, which made our enthusiasm only increase. At the reception she and her assistant were constantly there without making their presence too known. By the end of the night, I really felt like they were both just two more people attending my wedding! Since our wedding was only yesterday, we haven't gotten our photos yet, but I know they'll be excellent - the results of our engagement session were great! If you're looking for a creative photographer who will make your wedding day even more of a blast, hire Karina!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Dagny · Married on 06/24/2012

Karina is wonderful, and I've been agonizing ever since our wedding on how to write a review that will do her justice. From the very beginning she amazed us and drew us in with her style and her friendly, genuine presence and throughout our engagement sessions and wedding day we never, ever wavered in this opinion. Her work speaks for itself, but it's worth noting that if you love her portfolio, you're going to freak out with happiness when those photos are of you. It honestly felt like Karina was another guest at our wedding - in the best possible way. She was kind and helpful, unobtrusive and bubbly. My husband and I did not want an unfamiliar person present at our wedding, and we got our wish with Karina!
    Also? She's seriously as cool as she seems, as if you needed another reason to HIRE HER RIGHT NOW!!!

Sent on 10/04/2012