Officiant Carmen George Reviews

Officiant Carmen George 6
Officiant Carmen George 7
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/01/2018

We loved having Carmen as our officiant for our waterfront elopement. She has a calm and personable demeanor (even in 95 degree heat!) and we felt like we had known her for ages. We loved the readings about love that Carmen chose as well, they were very pertinent in today's modern world and were miles away from some of the stiff passages you hear from other officiants. We cannot recommend Carmen enough!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Officiant Carmen George's reply:

Hot but lots of love. Thanks for letting me be with you at your sweet wedding. Much love, Carmen

Madison · Married on 06/25/2018

Carmen made my wedding so amazing when I had no idea what I was doing! She has a wonderful idea of having my guests bless our wedding bands and that was the most touching, wonderful part of my special day! She also was our photographer and I just got the pictures and cannot wait to get prints for my husband and I!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Officiant Carmen George's reply:

Maddie, Echo was a great venue for your wedding. Thanks for the kind words, it means everything to me that you are happy. Much love, Carmen

Marcus · Married on 06/24/2018

We would highly recommend Carmen to officiant at your wedding as well other services such as flowers photography... rehearsals etc... We found Carmen at the last minute ... literally... a week before our service was to happen... she didn’t miss a beat with anything we asked and intuitively understood what we were trying to achieve with our somewhat unorthodox Celtic handfast ceremony ... she was kind cheerful and helpful throughout the entire experience imbuing her artistic sensibilities with our own... having Carmen as our justice of the piece truly made for a wonderful day... thank you so much Carmen and best wishes to
    You in the future ... Shana & Marcus

Sent on 07/06/2018

Marcus and Shana,
    You picked such beautiful cords for your hand-fasting ceremony and it was such a lovely day. Thanks for letting me be part of it. Much love, Carmen

Christine · Married on 06/24/2018

My wedding was out of state, so I only spoke to Carmen on the phone before our date. Right away I knew she was going to be perfect for our day! She answered all of my questions, made sure we did exactly what we wanted, and was extremely excited for us even though she’d never met us! And she’s a triple threat! She did the ceremony, the photos, and our flowers. Which everything was beautiful and cared for.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Officiant Carmen George's reply:

South Hero in the summer was a great choice for your wedding. It was magical. Much love, Carmen

Katherine · Married on 06/23/2018

Carmen was exceptional in every way! From the beginning she was so helpful and kind. She was super organized and made us feel like she truly cared about us and our wedding. She did a great job performing our wedding ceremony. She made us beautiful flowers as well. She put us right at ease and came up with a backup plan in case it rained. Everything about our wedding day was perfect and Carmen was a huge part of that!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Matthew · Married on 06/22/2018

I contacted Carmen to help with a surprise vow renewal for my wife and I's 10 year anniversary with only a couple thoughts on how to pull it off. Coming from out of state, and not overly familiar with the Stowe area, I was looking for some guidance. Carmen suggested the Trapp Family Lodge for dinner and a surprise wedding vow renewal on the property with the mountains as our backdrop. Carmen did it all...made a beautiful bouquet of flowers, captured pictures of the surprise moment, and officiated our vow renewal! She even helped sneaking a very special bottle of wine out to the area so it was ready to open and celerate after the ceremony. My wife was absolutely blown away and surprised! Throughout the entire process, Carmen was beyond responsive to email (less than 24 hours, but usually within only a few) and offered plentiful suggestions, even spending a hour on the phone with me a day before the surprise to make sure everything was planned to go off without a hitch. My wife said it was one of the most memorable days of her life, and I can't thank Carmen enough for all her help in making this happen. I would highly recommend Carmen for her many talents and have no doubt that she will deliver as memorable experience for all her clients as she did for my wife and I. Thank you Carmen for all you do!!!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Officiant Carmen George's reply:

Matthew, It all came together perfectly didn't it and we lucked out with an extraordinary gorgeous sunset on the mountains. Thanks for letting me be part of such a romantic gesture. I am so glad she was moved by it. Best, Carmen

Breanna · Married on 06/17/2018

Carmen officiated our wedding and provided flowers. Everything was perfect! In the months leading up to the wedding, Carmen was very responsive to questions. As for the ceremony, Carmen made sure it was beautiful, both by the language she used as an officiant and the flowers she provided. While there were many wonderful things, one thing stood out the most. Carmen took the time to know the names and relationship of everyone involved in our wedding- from my sisters who were bridesmaids to my friend from school who provided music- Carmen knew them all! Just one of many examples of the dedication Carmen will bring to ensure your wedding is the best it can be!

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Officiant Carmen George 8

Officiant Carmen George's reply:

You are so sweet, you make me want to cry. It was such a beautiful day and you two are such a nice couple.

Katherine · Married on 05/31/2018

Carmen did a great job customizing our ceremony as we requested and she doubled as an amazing photographer for us as well. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Hannah · Married on 05/20/2018

Carmen is the dream officiant. I can't even begin to thank her enough for making our wedding the best day of out lives. If you're in Vermont, and Carmen isn't the person who marries you- ya messed up.

Sent on 05/23/2018

Officiant Carmen George's reply:

Hannah, That was a great day wasn't it? :)
    Much love, Carmen

Samantha · Married on 04/21/2018

Carmen George was a joy to work with! She is extremely knowledgeable, kind, fun and professional. She was our officiant as well as our florist and I couldn't have been happier. Our ceremony was beautiful as were our flowers. Her experience is evident when listening to her- she is calm and collected when officiating. And very easy to work with. She was great with our families (including 2 little kids) during our Rehearsal as well as the BIG DAY! She made wonderful suggestions to enhance our overall Wedding and really "got us" and our vision. Never overbearing and always welcoming, Carmen touched bases with us multiple times during our engagement to make sure things were going smoothly. She truly made me feel taken care of and at ease. As well as excited about our wedding!

The ceremony was beautiful. She made it special and unique to us, while keeping to our wishes. My bouquet was GORGEOUS. I sent her ideas and she created a masterpiece. The flowers, colors and arrangement was perfect. As were the centerpieces she created for us- again enhancing my vision.

Can't do better than Carmen George. She is a dream to work with!!!

Sent on 04/24/2018
  • W

Weilin · Married on 04/18/2018

We got married with very little advanced planning and chose Carmen. We're so happy that we did. She was prompt and professional and, most important for us - very very kind. She married us in the snow outside and had some beautiful words prepared. It was great and we will always remember our special day, in part because she did such a great job.

Sent on 05/02/2018

It words mean a lot to me. Much love, Carmen
  • F

Filipe · Married on 03/16/2018

My wife and I decided to elope but wanted to make sure the intimate ceremony was still special. Carmen listened to our ideas, gave some perfect suggestions, and personalized the ceremony to us as a couple. Not only is she a kind and thoughtful officiant, but a talented photographer. She made our small wedding more than special and we couldn’t be more grateful.

Sent on 04/09/2018

Megan · Married on 01/20/2018

Carmen did a wonderful job officiating our elopement..she prepared beautiful vows and truly spoke to the heart.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Officiant Carmen George's reply:

Thanks Megan, I am glad my words carried their meaning and you felt them.
    Much love to you and Brian.

Mike · Married on 09/18/2017

Carmen is awesome! Responsive, helpful, resourceful, and full of suggestions. This was an amazing experience. If you want someone who can answer your questions and think of everything you may not have, she is your woman. Hire her, don't waste your time elsewhere like I did... Mike & Grace

Sent on 09/27/2017

Paul · Married on 05/13/2017

If this day is special and you want everything to go right to the last detail and feel good about this engagement in the end, stop looking and contact Carmen to ease your mind. She was the best!! Some people go through the motions...she cares!

Sent on 05/21/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 04/25/2017

Carmen was our officiant for our elopement and she was absolutely wonderful. Not only is she a complete sweetheart and a joy to communicate with, but she has a wealth of knowledge about Burlington and the surrounding areas. We were traveling from out of state to Vermont for our elopement and didn't know where we would have the small ceremony. Carmen was able to recommend lots of beautiful locations, one of which we did end up using for our ceremony location and it was absolute perfection. We also knew we wanted a sunrise ceremony, which meant everyone getting up crazy early in the morning. I was so nervous asking Carmen to do that because some officiants flat out will not agree to wake up that early (and I can't say I blame them). But Carmen was so kind and understanding and accommodated us without a single complaint. On the actual day of the ceremony she had beautiful vows prepared for us and the ceremony was everything I wanted it to be. If you're getting married in the Burlington area, definitely get Carmen to be your officiant! She knows all the prettiest venues and is so easy to work with. I loved chatting with her on the phone and hearing all her ideas. She's an absolute gem!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Lenny · Married on 08/08/2016

Dear Carmen,

You make our day wonderful, your warm smile, hospitality and patience with us are amazing personality that not everyone had. I am so glad to choose you to be our justice of peace for our marriage. You had respond promptly and recommend us the best photographer for our wedding and this experience is one of the most memorable things in our life that we will always remember.

Lenny & Randolph

Sent on 08/24/2016

Lenny,
    Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed helping you and Randolph pick a romantic wedding location and creating a ceremony that fit both of you.

Much love to you both,

Lisa · Married on 04/01/2016

My Husband and I were married by Carmen on April 1st, in the treehouse at Oak Ledge Park.
    I originally just expected to be married with a JOP reciting the traditional, if not boring, vows. I had very few expectations. While on my search for someone to marry us, I came across Carmen's website. It was very informative and I could tell just by her picture that Carmen was the right fit for us... the joy you see on her face is evident in person.
    Carmen is warm, inviting , and lovely.
    We met her at the tree house and she began reading the most beautiful words. I was amazed and thankful! She made something that I anticipated to be a boring formality into something that we will always remember. It must be so wonderful to do something that you love and to touch so many lives. We could not be more grateful and impressed by our ceremony and the great person that joined us in marriage.
    Thank you so much Carmen!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Officiant Carmen George's reply:

Lisa, It was a lot of fun planning your wedding with you.
    I wish you both lots of love and happiness.
    Best,

Kayla · Married on 04/12/2014

Lovely! Lovely! Lovely!

Carmen was fantastic from the start! She was super excited to help out with our vow renewal and had great ideas! She worked with me in regards to timing, as I wanted it to be a surprise. She had everything ready and played along ever so wonderfully! It was a lot of fun and her reading and vows and statements were honestly so thoughtful, sweet and kind...they were better than our original ones. I loved every second of it and we finally got to get married where we originally wanted and had the isolation of just the two of us. I couldn't have asked for anything better!! Thank you Carmen!!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Rather · Married on 06/08/2018

Carmen was wonderful and made our ceremony special. She made us feel at ease both in the ceremony and during the photo session.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Carrie · Married on 07/06/2016

Carmen was incredibly friendly and flexible and worked with us to make the ceremony just right for us. We wanted a very intimate ceremony and with just us, didn't expect to be able to have any pics to remember the day, so it was such a delight to have her take pictures and capture special moments to share with our loved ones. I would highly recommend Carmen for your ceremony if you are looking for a Justice of the Peace.
    P

Sent on 07/19/2016

Hi Carrie,
    It was my pleasure to work with you.
    I am glad the affordable small wedding package exceeded your expectations and fit in your budget.

Much Love,