Off the Vine Catering Reviews

Off the Vine Catering 4
Off the Vine Catering 5

Ann · Married on 05/18/2019

On top of every detail

Food was amazing! So many compliments on the food we picked for our wedding. They had a great selection for vegetarian options. Nothing disappointed! Toby was helping me the whole way through and was very patient with my lack of knowledge on planning.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Allison · Married on 08/11/2018

Off the Vine was fantastic!! We hired them to cater our wedding at Misselwood this summer. Toby was a pleasure and she provided us with so much help and many tips during the planning process from the tasting, to our planning meeting and finally our wedding day. They have an extensive menu and the food is delicious! Many guests commented on how much they loved the food. The passed appetizers were a big hit as well, we recommend the sliders and the pizza! We also added to our dessert selection and Off the Vine was happy to take our custom request. In addition, they made sure we actually ate on our wedding day! They brought appetizers to us and the bridal party/family as we were taking pictures during cocktail hour and they also made sure to remind us to sit down to eat dinner and we actually did sit and enjoy our first meal as a married couple. We highly recommend Off The Vine to all Boston area couples!!

Sent on 09/18/2018
  • Caroline

Caroline Humphrey · Married on 06/15/2018

Delicious and gorgeous food!

We hired Off the Vine Catering for our June 2018 wedding after a fabulous tasting with them in the summer of 2017, and we are so glad that we did.

The food was absolutely amazing, and nearly every guest commented to us that it was a highlight of the night for them. Everything from the passed hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour, to the entrees, to the desserts and mini cheeseburgers for a late-night snack was absolutely perfect.

Toby was a true pleasure to work with throughout the planning process, giving honest recommendations about our menu and numbers. On our wedding day, she made sure that our timeline was running smoothly, and her catering staff was incredibly kind and attentive to all guests.

We highly recommend working with Off the Vine for your event, you will not regret it!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Maria · Married on 05/27/2018

Toby was an absolute pleasure to work with! We chose Off The Vine to be our wedding caterer at Misselwood on May 27 2018. My husband and I are foodies. And coming from a large Italian family food is everything, it’s the heart and soul of brining people together. I knew right after we finished our tasting that OTV was it! Their food is incredible!! It’s truly fine dining. The presentation is out of this world. The passed appetizers, the Italian antipasto standing station, the main courses... EVERYTHING was good. Our guests are still raving about the food. Not one person had something they didn’t like. This is not “typical” wedding food. I would reccommend OTV a thousand times over, for any event but especially weddings! OH and shout out to the catering staff, they were phenomenal. (Everyone noticed)

Sent on 06/08/2018

Carol · Married on 05/27/2018

I just wanted to "thank you" for your top-notch service on everything from the superior food to the personalized attention to the guests at my daughter's wedding yesterday. Your waitstaff felt like were one of us as they celebrated right along with us. I have received nothing but raving reviews from the guest on the food. They can't stop talking about it.
    I look forward to meeting you again perhaps at an upcoming relatives or friends celebration.
    May you have continued success! It was a pleasure meeting you all. Lots of love from the Buonopane family.

Sent on 07/21/2018

Off the Vine Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words - we are so happy you and your guests enjoyed themselves!
    All The Best !

Katherine · Married on 11/04/2017

From day 1, Amanda was incredibly responsive, organized, and detail-oriented. She helped with all aspects of our day, beyond menu selection, including timelines, linen and table setting selection (ours was absolutely gorgeous based on some great recommendations), venue layouts, set up for the day, and general best practices. She was always available for any questions and happy to jump on the phone at any point. She went above and beyond in so many ways, including inviting us to see another wedding set up at our venue as she knew they had a similar color palette, just to help us get a better vision for our day! Amanda was clear from day one that her team's priority is making the bride and groom happy, which they 100% delivered on. When my husband and I were running late in photos/portraits (which cut into the cocktail hour), someone came to us with wine and apps to help tide us over. In terms of the food, we are still getting compliments for how delicious everything was! The app choices were fantastic (and Amanda's team went above and beyond to create a special app reflecting my husband's family traditions), everyone raved that their steaks were all cooked perfectly, and I know for a fact that many guests smuggled extra desserts out at the end of the night. Amanda took so much stress off my shoulders and I cannot recommend working with her and Off The Vine enough!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Erica · Married on 10/06/2017

Off The Vine was the best decision we made for our wedding day! We did not hire many vendors as we were working on quite a tough budget and are fortunate to have many creative, helpful family members that offered to do flowers and decor. Off The Vine worked with us to make our night absolutelt perfect and handled all of the details. They had our ceremony and reception space set up exactly as we had described and the service throuhout the nigt was exceptional. They even made sure my new husband and I were fed and had a drink on standby as we took pictures :) Amanda was wonderful to work with. She was extremely responsive. The piece that made the biggest distinction for me was that, unlike other catering companies we had looked into, it never felt like Amanda was trying to upsell us on anything. She worked with us every step of the way to ensure we were comfortable and happy with every big decision that was made. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was. We could not be happier and would recommend Off The Vine to anyone!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Allie · Married on 09/23/2017

We worked with Amanda to plan the catering and overall event for our Fall 2017 wedding. Simply put, we loved Amanda. She was professional, clearly very experienced and worked hard to make our vision to come to life. Our first in-person impression was the tasting for our wedding. Everything was fully prepared and ready when we arrived. Amanda took copious notes, which she did in fact use 7 months later at our wedding (no need to repeat anything to her!). The food at the tasting was perfect. What made me especially happy is that the food tasted exactly the same on our wedding day. Off the Vine was able to prepare, cook and plate food just as we wanted for our large group of guests. Amanda was very responsive and proactive throughout the run up to our wedding. I was always confident in her advice and that she would have everything in hand. I really cannot say enough about Amanda. If I could have hired her as my full wedding coordinator I would have done it in a heartbeat.

The only flaws we encountered on wedding day were twofold. The bartenders, while very friendly, did not mix well-balanced cocktails. They were so strong they did not taste good. We also had a few guests that were over-served at the end of the night.

Also, we did not receive any dinner leftovers despite a few guests cancelling last minute. I'm not sure where those steak dinners went...

Overall, hire these guys fast for your next event. They were great to work with and bring professional expertise to the table. Plus their food was great! (PS, go with Montillios for your wedding cake. Off the Vine will coordinate with them. Our cake was perfect and tasted great.)

Sent on 12/25/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/17/2017

If I had known, never having had a catered event before, how smoothly, wonderfully and professionally our wedding would go with Amanda and OTV at the helm i would have worried a lot less about planning the event. And of course, the food was outstanding without being ridiculously complicated. I would highly recommend Off the Vine Catering.

Sent on 11/20/2017

amanda · Married on 08/27/2017

From day one Off the Vine was amazing. So dependable and reliable. Always willing to accommodate and be there when I needed. The food was beyond amazing and everyone is still taking about it, even months after our wedding. I truly couldn't thank you enough for the amazing and beautiful memories.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Erin · Married on 08/12/2017

I cannot say enough about how amazing Off the Vine was for our wedding in August. We worked with Amanda from beginning to finish and she was an absolute life saver. Amanda was prompt to respond with any and all questions, she had great suggestions, she made us feel comfortable and at ease through the whole process, and she ran the whole wedding without being seen. She is knowledgeable and professional, and such a pleasure to work with. Service was fantastic, our guests enjoyed the servers and staff, commenting on how friendly they were and great to talk to. Everyone was so impressed with the presentation and the food. We had a few different passed hors d’oeuvres but the chicken and waffles and mini sliders were favorites. The salad and main course were delicious. Everyone not only licked their plate clean but still talk about the food months later. Everything was fresh, well prepared, and cooked to perfection. We could not be happier with our decision to go with Off the Vine and we would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 11/24/2017

Jenny · Married on 06/17/2017

Working with Off the Vine and Amanda was an absolute dream! They not only took care of the food but also set up our ceremony and reception. All of the food was delicious and we have received SOOO many compliments! Even now months later people still talk about how goo dthe food was. OTV also provided peace of mind because they have worked at Elm Bank so often and knew exactly how to work the space while still catering to our specific requests. Look no further for a top notch wedding caterer!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2017

I worked with Amanda at Off the Vine for our May 2017 wedding. Amanda was amazing from the very start. I never waited long for responses to my many many questions which when putting a large event together, was critical. She was also so happy to encourage my creativeness and make sure my ideas came to life. I never felt the relief I experiences dropping off all of my decorations to her the few days leading up to the big day! I knew that she would put my vision together perfectly. The staff the worked our event were amazing and all of our guests had nothing but amazing things to say. Of course we cannot talk about Off the Vine without talking about the food. They have an EXTENSIVE selection of passed apps that are super fun and delicious! Amanda made sure me and my husband were well taken care of during our formal photo session after our ceremony. We did NOT want to miss out! We chose a chicken and beef option and again, nothing but stellar reviews from everyone! I would recommend Off the Vine to anyone looking for an amazing experience with a great staff! They really made our day amazing!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2017

Off the Vine catering was absolutely amazing to work with leading up to and on the day of my wedding. Amanda's knowledge of the whole wedding process and her ability to take the couple's vision and make it come true made the whole day relaxing and perfect. I would suggest that anyone looking for excellent food and wonderful service, check out Off the Vine because they really know what they are doing! Everyone from my wedding still talks about the "best appetizers and steak I've ever had at a wedding!" It was truly the best day and working with Amanda and her staff completed it.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Justin · Married on 02/26/2017

Food was beyond amazing!loved it!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Beth · Married on 11/15/2016

Amanda and the team at Off the Vine were great! The food and service were amazing, and we got a lot of positive reviews from our guests, including some family members who work in the industry and were very impressed. Amanda was very responsive throughout the entire planning process, and she really helped to keep my overall wedding planning on track. She was a big part of making the day come together, and it was perfect!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2016

We worked with Amanda primarily through the process and she was amazing, super attentive and helped me get through all the details! Our day of catering manager was amazing as well. Great food and great team.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/24/2016

Off the Vine is amazing. The food is AMAZING. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they've ever had. Amanda (Event Manager) is absolutely incredible. She was the most responsive and professional vendor I worked with. She was never just concerned with the menu selection. She asked proactive questions about the wedding timeline, set up, favors, other vendors, etc. Honestly, her attentiveness and thoughtfulness is what often times kept me sane. The wait staff, chefs, and bartenders at the wedding itself were also all incredible. I highly, highly, recommend using Off the Vine!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Nancy · Married on 08/13/2016

We had Off the Vine cater our August wedding for 125 people. They did an AWESOME job! The food was amazing and the service was exceptional. Also, Amanda coordinated the wedding with exceptional attention to detail and was thoughtful throughout. She even helped us with the rehearsal the night before. And, after getting several quotes from other vendors, I found OTV to be very reasonably priced. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Nikki · Married on 07/15/2016

This. Place. Rocks.
    My wedding was everything I wanted and more. Right off the bat Amanda was able to see and understand the vision I had for my wedding. She helped me from the very beginning to make it a reality. Extremely professional and extremely helpful. I am still getting comments about the food at reception- everyone has told me it was the best wedding food they ever had! Not only was the food outstanding but the detail and time Amanda put into the day before and the day of my wedding was something I will never forget. On the day of my wedding I knew that I did not have to worry about anything as she would and did take care of all the last minute things I forgot! She is simply the best.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Megan · Married on 06/18/2016

Off the Vine well exceeded our expectations!! From the get go Toby was a pleasure to work with - extremely professional and helpful in answering all our many questions. The tasting was wonderful and made us feel very confident in our decision to book with OTV. On our wedding day the food was beautifully presented and more importantly delicious!! Our only regret was that we didn't get to eat more of it!!! PS. We highly recommend the truffle mashed potatoes!

Sent on 07/06/2016
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 06/18/2016

Amanda Allard with Off the Vine is unbelievably amazing!!! She not only was our caterer, but since we were new to the wedding scene (first family wedding), and were doing a non-traditional wedding at our families home she truly was our wedding planner! She came to the rehearsal and helped us plan how we walked down the aisle, and kept my large bridal party (12 bridesmaids -- eek!) focused. My wedding day was perfect because of her, and I can't speak more highly of her/this catering company. People are still talking about the food at our wedding, and i've already recommended them to many of my newly engaged friends. My family has Celiac disease, and they made so many gluten free options for them, I was overjoyed with the quality of service and taste of the food at this company. This review doesn't even do it justice!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Jenny · Married on 05/15/2016

We absolutely loved Off the Vine Catering!! Amanda and her crew were amazing! All of our guests loved the food, especially the appetizers and cheese spreads. We knew that the food was going to be awesome since we enjoyed everything that we tried during our tasting. We still have friends telling us how much they enjoyed the food at our wedding. They also took care of setting up the reception and decorations and everything looked beautiful and impeccable. Amanda was great to work with and was always available to answer questions and requests. She made the preparations for the wedding reception very easy for us and had great suggestions. We will definitely get Off the Vine again for future catering needs.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Jamie · Married on 04/16/2016

We could not have been happier with "Off the Vine" Catering and particularly with their wedding consultant Amanda. She was beyond excellent. From the first phone call and competitive bidding process, through the food tasting/linen selection, to the day of the wedding helping with absolutely everything including a flash mob set up - she was spectacular. The wedding was in April, it is now January and I am still getting compliments about how amazing the food was and how beautiful the presentation was.

Hire "Off the Vine" - you will not be sorry!!

Sent on 01/09/2017