Off the Beaten Path Wedding Reviews

Off the Beaten Path Wedding 5
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 06/22/2019

Alicia is amazing!

Wow, I don’t even know where to start. Although we had friends who we always knew we’d be using for our wedding day photographers and didn’t get the pleasure of meeting Neil, Alicia was incredible.

My husband and I traveled from New York to get married in GNP. We originally planned a tiny elopement but as the day got closer, more and more friends and family joined in. Alicia never missed a beat. From sending me 50 lodging options the first day we spoke to seeking out and coordinating plans for our large group to keeping the ball rolling on every single detail & coming up with things I never would have thought of to make our day (and surround days) absolutely perfect. Alicia is sweet, loving, assertive, talented beyond her years and an absolute boss. I can’t imagine our trip without her. She fit in seamlessly with our group, like we had all known her forever & she even met us in the park to scope everything out and took a trip up going to the sun road with us. She also 100% understood my vision (& made up for my lack of) and constantly sent me amazing ideas and was never once pushy or bothered when I would change my mind 15 times. I could go on and on but I’m running out of characters :p
    My (and every wedding guests) only complaint is that she has yet to come visit us in New York so we can all hang out more!!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Off the Beaten Path Wedding's reply:

Jenna, you beautiful soul! I promise we'll plan that trip to New York sometime soon :) It was so much fun to help create your + Kyle's destination wedding and show everyone Montana's stunning views. I loved bringing your unique boho style to life - and even more so, getting to know you two and your family and friends. Your ceremony literally brought me to tears. You two are moving mountains and totally amazing together!
  • Rachael

Rachael Swetnam · Married on 06/04/2019

Alicia and neal are simply the best!

LOOK NO FURTHER! The BEST wedding planner/day-of coordinator & photographer duo are right here. Alicia and Neal are the most amazing wedding/elopement planners and photographers you will EVER find. Our elopement turned into a small wedding after more family members agreed to come than we expected, and Alicia put together all of the pieces with ease (venue, vows, officiant, music, food, flowers, cake, decor of multiple venues, invitations, literally clearing the venue of grizzly bears, signage, photos.. I can't even list everything. the list of what she did to arrange our "short/small ceremony" goes on and on. It turns out you CAN have bougie, sky-high expectations on short notice with a small budget -- because Alicia will make it happen for you. She was extremely respectful of our budget and kept finding creative ways to help us save money. She was 100% reliable and dependable, and went the extra mile in every way. I didn't know what I didn't know, and Alicia handled it all. She communicated often and clearly, created spreadsheets and documents, and called/emailed frequently. I had not met Alicia until the day of the wedding, but I felt like I knew her because we talked so often and she's so open and personable. The day of, I almost spent more face-to-face time with Neal because he was photographing us for the entire day so he was always nearby (and Alicia was off making everything perfect). He has a very calming presence which I needed more than I realized. You can tell quickly that he is a HIGH quality photographer who knows what moments to capture. He made so many great memories for us just because he is a pro and knows how to do it and in a flattering light. Our photos are INCREDIBLE and they make me cry every time I see them. We have such wonderful memories of that day thanks to Neal's talent and the care he put into our special day. My (now) husband and I joke (but.. not really joking!) about getting married again every year because it was the best day of our lives. It would have never been so perfect without Neal and Alicia. I just don't know what to say other than I have super high expectations of basically everything, and I would not hesitate to not only recommend them to my best friend or family member, but also use them again in the future. THANK YOU, Alicia & Neal!! We'll be calling you soon for our vow renewal.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Jenifer

Jenifer Klem · Married on 03/15/2019

Amazing day made even more amazing by Alicia and Neal!

I cannot recommend Off the Beaten Path Weddings enough. Alicia and Neal made everything for our day move along seamlessly and beautifully! If there was a problem, I still have no idea! They were great. From hiring the best vendors to scouting out the location in the middle of winter (a hike to a waterfall) there really isn't much they wouldn't do to make your day amazing.

Off the Beaten Path Wedding 6
    Sent on 03/26/2019

Off the Beaten Path Wedding's reply:

Jenifer, it was so wonderful to work with you! You and Dave picked such a beautiful location and had the most FUN celebration we've been part of. It's hard to pick a favorite part of the day, from the frozen waterfall to the dinner yurt and sledding. Your guests will never forget it! Wishing you two a lifetime of joy together ❤

Heather Plunkett · Married on 01/08/2019

Perfect experience!

My husband and I are from New York and decided to elope in Montana. We only hired Alicia and Neil a little over a month before the date. And you would of thought they had months! They made it so amazingly special for us. From the flowers to makeup to hair to the cake and etc! I can’t even describe how talented they both are. Alicia with finding all the perfect vendors and knowing exactly what you want. To Neil with his amazing photography and making it so relaxed and special. If you want your dream wedding hire them! You will not regret it!

Sent on 03/08/2019

Off the Beaten Path Wedding's reply:

Heather, thank you so much for your kind words! It was really special to be part of your & Dennis' intimate elopement. We love that you wanted a unique, small town experience in the mountains. Wishing you years of great adventures together!

Allison · Married on 10/13/2018

Alicia and Neal are an amazing team. We hired them for wedding "day-of" coordination. From the time we hired them, they were attentive and a true set of team players. Coming from a bride who is very Type A, Alicia fit into our style of organization, brainstorming, and "get stuff done" attitudes. With living in Bozeman, having this team from Billings help out was the best choice for us with the steep/inflated wedding business here. I would recommend this team 10-times over for any wedding coordination needs.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Off the Beaten Path Wedding's reply:

You beautiful bride! We so enjoyed working with you and Ari to make your wedding dreams a reality. Your family and friends were so much fun! It was an incredibly special day we'll never forget.
  • Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 10/05/2018

My fiancé and I won an engagement shoot through these guys! They are wonderful people. Very kind and and thoughtful and extremely fun people. I can’t wait to book them for my wedding planning and wedding photography. I will highly recommend them to everyone! Thank you Neal and Alicia for capturing the most perfect pictures for us!

Off the Beaten Path Wedding 7
    Off the Beaten Path Wedding 8
    Off the Beaten Path Wedding 9
    Off the Beaten Path Wedding 10
    Sent on 03/14/2018
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 09/22/2018

Fun and footloose

We got the whole package from Off the Beaten Path, both planning and photography, and couldn't be happier. I was finishing grad school while trying to plan our wedding, and Alicia and Neil were a welcome and fun break to studying. They made planning our wedding fun, and the day of was everything we wanted and more. Our pictures turned out great, there are too many to choose from to give to our family! I really love Neil's style, as it's different from traditional wedding photographers. He really pays attention to light and timing and sees what no one else does.

Off the Beaten Path Wedding 11
    Off the Beaten Path Wedding 16
    Off the Beaten Path Wedding 17
    Sent on 12/15/2018

Off the Beaten Path Wedding's reply:

You are so sweet, my dear! It was an absolute joy for us to be part of your special day. You and Josh were so intentional in crafting the experience for your guests and it shone through. There were so many beautiful moments to capture!

Tyla · Married on 07/13/2018

Absolutely loved these two! They are both so helpful, & know what they're doing. My photos turned out amazing & I couldn't be more happy with how everything went. Thank you so much Neal & Alicia! I will be recommending you to everybody.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Off the Beaten Path Wedding's reply:

You and Luke are so sweet together! You two have such a beautiful love story. It was a pleasure to be part of your big day and capture all the special moments. We wish you years of love and happiness!

Ashley · Married on 07/07/2018

I am so grateful for the time and dedication Alicia (and Neal) put into making our wedding a reality. Our wedding site was truly "off the beaten path" with over 300 guests, and by no means easy to put into fruition, but Alicia and Neal were up to the task! There were some hiccups along the way, such as me not having cell service or wifi the entire week leading up to the wedding- making it nearly impossible for us to communicate, and the rental company getting lost for hours and then stuck on the land about a half mile away from the wedding site, requiring Alicia and Neal to work their butts off well into the night. Our caterer only spoke Spanish, and our wedding site hardly had cell service. Despite all of these challenges, the wedding was lovely and so incredibly special. Alicia helped me realize items we needed to rent/purchase/borrow/bring in order to accomplish our goals, communicated clearly with our vendors, and did it all with a smile. She was professional and friendly and easy to work with. I HIGHLY recommend working with Alicia as a day of coordinator/wedding planner!

Off the Beaten Path Wedding 18
    Off the Beaten Path Wedding 19
    Off the Beaten Path Wedding 20
    Off the Beaten Path Wedding 21
    Sent on 07/16/2018

Sara · Married on 06/14/2018

Alicia and Neal were incredible to work with. We had a simple intimate wedding in mind and they both went out if their way to make sure it was just what we both envisioned. Working with vendors, making sure small children were happy and taking us in the mountains for a ceremony we will never forget. Stress free and so easy going.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Off the Beaten Path Wedding's reply:

Sara, we loved your vision of an intimate mountain wedding and enjoyed our time working with you and your family. Weddings like yours are why we started this business! We wish you all the best.

Anne · Married on 05/05/2018

Alicia and Neal were the day of coordinators for our wedding. “Day of” is a loose definitely because they went above and beyond just the day of to help organize our vendors, create timelines, attend meetings, and visit our home (which was our venue) to ensure everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend Alicia and Neal to any couple who would like a stress free, fun wedding experience.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Off the Beaten Path Wedding's reply:

Thanks Anne, it was our pleasure! You two are an awesome couple and we really enjoyed working with you.