33 Reviews for Ocken Photography

One Event/Day (1)
Albums (1)
Digital Files (1)
33 Ocken Photography Reviews

Bob and Chris were absolutely amazing! They are very flexible and quick to respond to emails. The pictures they take are stunning and capture the most intimate details. They are very personable. They made the rehearsal dinner and the wedding day so much fun. They went above and beyond to make sure the weekend was perfect. Their energy is awesome! They easily meshed with our families like they were apart it of from day one! I will definitely use Ocken Photography again!

Profile Picture Bailey , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris and Jenn are the coolest people I’ve ever met! We had so much fun and our pictures definitely showed it! The price was just right, our communication was great, and our personalities meshed extremely well! Thank you so much for an amazing experience and gorgeous photos!

Profile Picture Carmella, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris Ocken was our wedding photographer and wonderful to work with on our wedding day! He was very professional yet had a fun-loving personality and most importantly got some amazing shots!! We even had a mother that was a little demanding on how/where we should shoot photos and Chris handled her in a sweet but firm way. He captured all the great memories of our wedding - we LOVE all our photos and we would use him again!

Profile Picture Amber, 4/23/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: One Event/Day, Albums, Digital Files

Chris and his assistant Mona were beyond amazing! Words cannot even begin to describe how well they handled our family! Everyone thought they were long time friends with us as how easily they interacted with everyone and how comfortable the made everyone feel. Chris and Mona did an AMAZING job of managing our crazy family (both my husband's family and my family consists of divorced and remarried parents (some of whom do not get along the best). He did a great job getting all our photos done so we could enjoy some time together even after pictures before the reception started. We are so happy to have found Chris. We intend to use his services as we grow our family to document our lives together through images!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bob Ocken is the only photographer i would use for any event.

Profile Picture Ren, 2/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bob was an amazing photographer. He took amazing pictures..so many that I'm still having trouble deciding which ones to put on my walls. I am not a big fan of the "cheesy" photos, which is one of the reasons I love Bob. He did such a amazing job on engagement and bridal portraits and family photos and pics throughout my wedding night...but what he also manages to catch are the intimate, real moments. He has a knack for taking beautiful photos when you don't realize...and many of these shots are my favorites.
Bob was so easy and fun to work with.....highly recommend using him!!!

Profile Picture Alison, 12/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Bob Ocken is absolutely the kind of photographer/artist you want working on your wedding. He will make sure to capture everything that is important to you on your special day. He is extremely professional, knows how engrained he needs to be in the festivities, and our guests enjoyed his presence. He does amazing engagement sessions, as well!

Profile Picture Janis, 10/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We requested simple straight forward photography to document the day. We weren't into angled shots or pictures of my shoes and the like that are so popular. Bob and his assistant did a great job of listening, getting the pictures we wanted, and taking a few of those other trendy photos that we thought we didn't want. Turns out I am very glad he took those pictures as well, many of them ended up in our wedding album.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/10/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am so happy that Chris Ocken was a part of our special day. He is such a great guy and knows how to handle pushy wedding families. He put me at ease with his sense of humor and knowing Chris was behind the camera meant that was one less thing I had to worry about. He worked seamlessly with our coordinator allowing all of our special moments to be captured perfectly. He was perfect!!!

Profile Picture User3381202, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bob is an incredibly talented photographer who produced a beautiful set of images, giving us exactly what we wanted and more. He is extremely creative, professional, dependable, and an overall pleasure to be around. As soon as our initial meeting began, I knew Bob was a perfect fit. He was clear and efficient, guided us throughout the entire process, and the end result was better than I could have imagined. Thank you Bob!

Profile Picture Alexis, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris was very professional. He captured every moment of our wedding day. I am more than happy with the quality of images he delivered. I would recommend his services to anyone who wants an exceptional photographer with a creative eye for their wedding or special event.

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris is fun, personable, creative, professional and awesome at what he does. He was more knowledgable than our wedding planner at informing us of what to expect and providing direction in regards to the big day and how it would flow. No fake smiles when working with Chris. It was so fun looking at our pictures for the first time. He captured moments that we will remember forever, and was never "in your face". We are very happy with Ocken Photography.

Profile Picture Emily, 4/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris and Mona were beyond amazing for our wedding! My whole family and new family loved them! And we will be using them again!!

Profile Picture Melanie, 12/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris was amazing to work with! He was so fun and energetic and my wedding party and family loved him! I've been in weddings before where the photographer makes you take millions of pictures and we often got bored, however, Chris knew exactly what he was shooting for and once he got it, we were done! Our pictures turned out phenomenal, two months later my husband and I are still looking at them daily! We had a blast and will definitely be recommending Ocken Photography to all of our friends and family.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Abby, 11/3/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris provided so much more than awesome photos at our wedding. His energy and helpfulness and humor added something so special and memorable to our day. He really got to know us and understood our unique view of what we wanted at our wedding. Hopefully if he is not ridiculously famous and expensive in the future, we will have him take awesomely zany family photos for us.

Profile Picture Cait, 10/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Chris from Ocken Photography was a true joy. He was with us through our special day every step of the way, even helping coordinate logistics as we moved from location to location to snap the perfect photos. Chris's warm personality and easy-going attitude helped created a relaxed, fun atmosphere the day of our event. My husband and I couldn't have been more pleased with how our photos turned out after the wedding. I loved pouring through them and seeing how he captured each special step of the day. The images are stunning and something we will cherish forever. You will love working with Chris. I highly recommend him for his fantastic personality, professionalism and beautiful work.

Profile Picture Erin, 10/13/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Out of all the decision made regarding my wedding, the one I feel best about was hiring Chris Ocken. After a very comfortable first meeting, followed by a truly enjoyable engagement session, we felt great about having Chris shoot our wedding day. His assistant, Mona, was also fantastic. I couldn't be happier with the resulting pictures - they capture the day perfectly, from shots of our vows to people getting down on the dance floor. Chris truly cares about telling your story and capturing all the best moments of your wedding, and that shines through in the beautiful photos we have. I would not hesitate to recommend Ocken Photography to anyone - in fact, I already have!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Joanna, 9/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had an out of state wedding last summer. I was having trouble finding a photographer who could meet all my needs. I needed flexibility, a willingness to travel, and someone who understood that while I preferred a photo journalistic style, my parents really wanted more traditional pictures. How lucky I was to find Chris! He was budget friendly and took the most amazing photos. He managed to make everyone happy by shooting in a variety of styles. He had an equally awesome assistant and between the two of them, not a moment was missed. I keep getting compliments on my wedding photos. He made my husband and I look like we belonged in a magazine.

Profile Picture Diane, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I feel guilty for not rating the service a 5 because for many reasons, under normal circumstances I wouldn't have been able to have this service. I contacted Ocken with an inquiry about having a bridal portrait taken; through email -- my preferred means of contact because I can always go back and review what "we" have agreed upon -- Ocken was very obliging, and eventually the portrait session turned into a couple of hours of actually photographing the ceremony and doing some city shots for a really affordable price -- one that I believe was normally only a fraction of the typical costs for Ocken's services. I do know that Ocken was on the high end for photography services, but the amount that we had been quoted was what I assumed I would spend for a bridal portrait {based on research}. I do know, too, that Mr. Ocken did have another event that evening, so a late morning/early afternoon wedding that was also short allowed him the opportunity to do two jobs in one day. Unfortunately the morning of our wedding was the day after some of the worst rain in the area in years and much of the city was flooded and difficult to navigate. We arrived downtown 10-15 minutes later than we planned -- lost time for us, which I fully understand! Because of the weather we also ultimately left the city 30 minutes early {because of the limo driver's schedule} and we lost another 30 minutes of photo time -- again, outside of Ocken's control, but frustrating as the bride especially since with the earlier loss, it represented a total loss of about 1/3 of the time we had contracted and paid for. I really wanted to do an hour in the city and an hour at home, and through the course of email that was changed to just downtown -- I agreed, more is the pity. I can only blame myself for not having the shots I really wanted. Mr. Ocken took hundreds of photos but most of them are pretty much variations on the same. The quality of the photos is excellent -- no problems with clarity or brightness. Mr. Ocken was extremely amiable in person. Unfortunately, I just don't have the bridal portrait that I was hoping to have. I guess my best advice is know well what you really want from a photographer and hold that vendor to those expectations.

Endnote: having received a copy of the review, Chris Ocken contacted me in fewer than 24 hours in an email, apologized that I was not completely satisfied, and offered me some additional time in my home to insure that I had exactly the pictures I wanted. A true gentleman who graciously extended his service. With that kind of work ethic, I would highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Lori, 7/24/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris Ocken and his assistants were amazing!!! Chris did our engagement photos and they were so amazing with the entire Chicago skyline in the background. It was also so FUN to work with him because he has such a great sense of humor and his laugh is contagious! Scott and I felt so relaxed, comfortable, and natural with him. Based on the great engagement photos, we immediately booked Ocken for our wedding. He was so accommodating and flexible. He brought Leigh, an awesome assistant who took many "artsy" pics and Mona, his wonderful intern. We took pics getting ready and all over the city. The results were better than I could have ever imagined and all the pics were ready for us to view and purchase online by the time we came home from our honeymoon. My husband and I enjoyed Ocken so much that Scott actually already said he can wait for us renew our vows so we can work with Chris again! We highly recommend Ocken!

Profile Picture Ana, 7/10/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris is an amazing photographer, extremely down to earth, and lovely to work with. He and Leigh did a wonderful job with our wedding reception.

Profile Picture Julie, 7/2/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Chris and his photographers were great to be around. Chris is like having my own family with me, he made us feel that comfortable. He was clicking away but not in our face making us pose. Once the pictures were given to us to look back at, I made my husband sit and look through them all. The photos told us the story of our wedding all over again. I lived through it and looking at the photos I was able to watch my wedding day as well. Great experience!

Profile Picture Katie , 6/12/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

AMAZING. Chris and Jessica were so easy and fun to work with for our wedding! The engagement photo shoot, as well as the wedding photos, surpassed our expectations as well as everyone who has seen them. Everything was beautifully shot with a creative perspective. Our friends and family can't stop raving about the capture of our wedding day. They both have such an easy personality that makes it so un-awkward and comfortable. They're always smiling, joking and laughing, but never loose the professionalism. If there's one photographer to go with in Chigao, I'd choose Chris Ocken every time.

Profile Picture lauren, 5/29/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Absolutely the best photographer in Chicago!!
Chris really made our day special and everyone loved him. Especially since he had to play along at first and pretend to be our long time friend so not to give up the surprise.
I will refer Chris to everyone I know.

Profile Picture juany, 5/23/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I could not be happier with Ocken Photography. Not only were they easy to work with and EXTREMELY responsive, but the photos from my wedding were absolutely gorgeous. Chris captured so many special moments that when I look through the shots from the day, it's like reliving it all over again. I truly could not have asked for a better photographer, and I highly recommend Chris and Ocken Photography!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/8/09, 1 Review