Ocean Tents & Party Rentals Reviews

4.3

1 User photo

• Maria
    Maria Married on 09/06/2019

Great experience, service, and supplies!

We used this company for rentals for our wedding a few weeks ago and would recommend them to anyone planning an event or party. The staff always responded to emails quickly and answered any questions we had along the way. They are professional and their supplies are high-quality. Will be using again in the future!
    Stephanie Married on 09/15/2018
    I was blown away with my experience with Ocean Tents. We hired them for a tent, tables, lighting, and some additional party items. Their customer service team was always very responsive to any changes I needed to make, right up to a few days before the wedding. I relied on their expertise when figuring out lighting and it came out perfect!!! Their team of on-site staff were friendly and efficient and a breeze to deal with; they showed up bright and early both days, just like we had requested. Payment was super convenient, using an online system. Their catalogue of rental equipment is very extensive, we found everything we needed! I wouldn't hesitate to use Ocean Tents again.
    Julia Married on 09/15/2018
    I cannot say enough great things about Joe and his team at Ocean Tents! Our 9/15/18 wedding came after two solid weeks of rain on Long Beach Island and we were concerned about the yard turning into a mud pit. Joe and his family were super communicative with us in the week leading up to the wedding and had great suggestions in order to keep the tent comfortable for everyone. We rented most of our supplies (plates, silverware, keg coolers, lighting, etc.) from Ocean Tents, and I was impressed that no one tried to up-sell us on anything and were always helped us find the practical options that we preferred. The set up and break-down crews were super efficient, courteous, and accommodating; we would absolutely recommend these guys to anyone!
    Jen Married on 04/28/2018
    We rented our ceremony chairs and arbor arch for our ceremony from Ocean Tent Rentals. Everything looked amazing and was delivered and picked up on time! Absolutely perfect.
    Meredith Married on 09/09/2017
    So easy to work with!!! My caterer did a lot of the detail work, but when I first reached out they were super speedy with their responses and flexible with my ever-changing list of items. Everything we got from them was in great condition and clean, and delivery and pickup were fast and efficient. Couldn't recommend them more!
    Rachel Married on 10/09/2015
    Everyone I contacted was pleasant and answered all of my questions. They delivered and picked up our chairs without a hitch.
  • User2192856 2+ years ago
    Ocean Tents was very professional and easy to work with. They were the authorized tent company for our venue, Bertram's Garden, and knew the venue very well. They responded very quickly to email and had an easy payment processing system. Our caterer, Ken Correll, knew the owners of Ocean Tent well and he and the folks at Ocean Tents were able to work together to make last-minute decisions about a rain plan, etc, so that we didn't have to even think about that on our wedding day. Everything went so smoothly.
    Christine Married on 11/08/2014
    Ocean Tents did an amazing job at transforming my parent's backyard into the perfect venue for our wedding. People are still raving about the stunning clear tent, bistro lighting and the beautiful tableware. (The quality of their rentals is beautiful btw. They don't look worn like other places we've seen.) They were attentive, hard working, took care of our needs and worked so closely with us and our caterer (Falco's catering) in helping to create the perfect atmosphere for our special day. If we ever need their services again, we will not hesitate to use them!
    Blair Married on 05/30/2014
    We rented ceremony chairs, reception tables and chairs and linens from Ocean Tents. They have a lot of selection and cater to many styles, so you are bound to find exactly what you've envisioned. Their rentals were clean, high quality and reasonably priced.
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 05/17/2014
    Joe from Ocean Tents was wonderful! He knew exactly what I wanted before I told him. The guys that set up and broke everything down were polite and responsive.
  • User1610354 2+ years ago
    I highly recommend Ocean Tents. They provided my silver chivari chairs and cushions, lounge furniture, table rentals and linens. All of the items were delivered on time, set up perfectly and looked great. The owner, Joe, and his staff were professional and polite. The prices are fantastic! They helped me figure out what I needed and helped me plan my order. Their rentals are in excellent condition and made the room beautiful. Many of my friends had already used Ocean Tents and raved to me about them. They are a class act and a pleasure to work with. The showroom is great and lets you set up a sample table. I will be using them for all my future parties. Thanks Joe and all of Ocean Tents for helping to make my event as beautiful as it was.
  • User1387301 2+ years ago
    These guys are good! From the start, Ocean Tents was so easy to do business with. I changed my order throughout the year of organizing, adding things and taking away, and never once did I feel like a bother. They were extremely responsive and honest about what I needed and did not need.

They were priced right, delivered on time, did a super job!!!

I used them for a 20' x 50' tent, carnival lighting and a stage for my band. Highly recommend.
  • Candace
    Candace Married on 06/23/2012
    We rented all of our Chavari chairs and lounge furniture (couches and tables) for our wedding and everything was of GREAT quality! I'm very happy with what we got and the price we paid! I would recommend Ocean Tents to anyone. Thank you for helping make our day so great!!
    Eurydice Married on 09/10/2011
    I want to start by saying I LOVED MY TENT!!! Initially we booked the tent in case of rain since the ceremony, cocktail hour & dancing were in the garden of our venue. Three days prior to the wedding I decided to cancel since the forecast looked clear, plus I thought it would just be a blah tent. The owner, Joe Sr., actually contacted me later that day when the forecast started to turn and asked if I would reconsider. He was very thoughtful since he was familiar with the venue and didn’t want an unhappy bride with guests stuck inside because of the rain. He wasn’t pushy in any way and said it was ultimately my decision. Well I decided to go ahead with it and honestly can say it was one of the best decisions I made. The guests said it added that something special to an already beautiful venue. I wish I could post a picture.
    Laura Married on 06/18/2011
    Great service! We put our deposit down and were going to pay the rest the day off. We received a call saying that we could split the rental with the couple getting married the next weekend. I thought that was really honest of them. They could have easily taken two full payments for the same tent and we never would have known. I really appreciate business people like that. A+++ all around!
    Kristin Married on 10/10/2010
    We would highly recommend Ocean Tents, for even the most involved rentals. Joe Jr. and all of the staff at Ocean Tents were a pleasure to work with. From concept design, to the CAD layout they provided, to installation, to breakdown and clean up there wasn't one time they did not go above and beyond for us. Our wedding was unique, as we were married on a farm with no electricity, not to mention a roof over our heads. We had to bring in everything to make our event possible. Joe Jr. was available by phone, email, and in person whenever we needed him. We rented tents, flooring, carpeting, chandelier lighting, parcan lighting, tables, chairs of multiple types, bars, linens, staging, and a power generator among other items. Their pricing was more than reasonable and their quality was great. Joe Jr. and Ocean Tents can handle any event and should be the first company you call for your rentals.
    Caitlin Married on 06/12/2010
    We hired Ocean Tents to set up chairs for our beach wedding. We were very pleased with how the set-up looked and they were very timely. They stayed to remove the chairs after the wedding so we didn't have to worry about a thing.
    Liz Married on 10/04/2008
    Ocean Tents couldn't be easier to work with. They offered good ideas base on their experience and their prices were excellent. They even located crystal chandeliers for our tent!
  • User2548832 2+ years ago
    We used Ocean Tents for our rentals at our wedding last September. We had a backyard wedding, so we needed a company that could essentially create an event venue from nothing.

Ocean Tents were amazing! They brought in the standard table, chairs and dance floor. But, what really blew us away was the tent setup. We had pending inclement weather so alot of what was pre-planned had to be adjusted last minute. They were able to figure out a way to make all of the original details work, without having the flexibility of the outside of the tent space. They were extremely hard working, and patient with us (as we changed our mind a few times at the very end). They also installed air conditioners to help with the humidity.

The day of the wedding they had a person on staff during the ceremony and reception to assist in the event anything needed to be adjusted (there was a lot of wind and rain).

I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a professional, reliable service with the expertise to back it up.
    Lauren Married on 05/18/2012
    Excellent company. Easy to work with. We had them on standby for tent walls for our reception in case of inclement weather and used them for chairs for our ceremony on the beach. The delivered the chairs on time, set them up perfectly and took care of the clean up. I am very satisfied with their services.
  • User2042657 2+ years ago
    Extremely professional! Overall, a very good experience working with this company.
  • User1953088 2+ years ago
    We had a beach ceremony in October and used Ocean Tents and Party Rentals to set up the chairs for our guests. We were worried about the weather when planning it so far in advance but they were very accommodating with allowing us to cancel the day of the wedding if there would be bad weather. They were friendly and professional during the process and the day of the wedding everything went smoothly. The weather was great so we did not have cancel and the chairs were set up well before the ceremony and placed perfectly. I would definitely recommend them!
  • Kym
    Kym Married on 06/23/2012
    Ocean Tent Co was a pleasure to work with from day one, they were very helpful in the planning of the event layout. When they came out to view the land and discuss set up, tables, chairs etc, they were knowledgable and easy to talk to. They worked with our caterer which made the line of communication between them very easy and one less thing I had to do. The set up of the tent was amazing to watch how quickly and efficiently they can work. The set up of the tent, tables, chairs, and lights was fantastic. I was not there for the clean up but I know it was quick because I was back a few hours later and it was done. I look forward to working with them in the future.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 09/17/2016
    Ocean Tents was awesome. They have such a huge selection that you can view online and they were so easy. They knew my venue well and set up the whole event early- I didn't worry about a think working with them. They called leading up to the event to tell me that the chairs I selected for our ceremony were looking a bit worn from their busy summer wedding season and gave me an completely free chair upgrade. They were responsive and easy to work with- made my venue and ceremony gorgeous!
    Kristen Married on 06/02/2012
    Ocean Tents was the vendor I was most instinctively drawn to for our tent rental. They have beautiful sailcloth tents. I was really excited when they wound up being the vendor that had the best references and the highest value for what they could offer. While my parents worked more closely with them (the wedding was in their backyard), as a bride, I appreciated the fantastic schematics they sent after surveying the property. They were able to see exactly where the tent would best fit and what size would suit both the property and the scale of our event. When it came time for the big day, they were prompt with the set-up and the result was incredible. It truly felt magical to have this tent in my childhood back yard. We opted to have flooring put in as well as a dance floor, which I would recommend. Ocean Tents is professional and provides a quality product and service.