Ocean Spray Beach House Reviews

15 | Supply, NC

15 Reviews for Ocean Spray Beach House

Linda M West · Married on 08/25/2019

Beach wedding

The house was perfect for a family wedding. The 12 bedrooms - each with its own bathroom gave everyone the privacy they needed. The 2 ample living spaces were just right for relaxing with everyone.
    The owner Craig responded quickly to questions and provided the names of local vendors for the wedding.
    We would love to return to the house and it’s beautiful setting.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Anita · Married on 09/17/2016

Loved everything about Ocean Spray for our daughter's wedding. Great owner to work with; our caterer and rental company were familiar with the house and set up was a breeze. Beautiful, well appointed, well laid out... the walk through the dunes to the beach was such a lovely interlude before the ceremony. And the beach!! amazing!! so wide and private for our perfect sunset ceremony. Our reception was held on the deck and in the mid level living room. Accomodated 70 guests perfectly. And to just go to sleep at the end of a perfect evening knowing we had tomorrow to relax and clean up....and then enjoy the beach again...priceless. I recommend a beach destination wedding...and I am so glad we chose Ocean Spray!

Sent on 03/17/2018

Craig and Lori · Married on 04/11/2015

The best day of my life!! Wow what can I say, Ocean Spray exceeded our expectations. I was not able to visit the house before booking, so I was very nervous booking off of pictures and reviews. Well for once in my life I was not disappointed, Ocean Spray blow me away from start to finish. We had 29 people that stayed at the house and everyone agreed "It can't get better than this"! The day of my wedding I had an additional 20 guests and had the wedding on the beach and reception around the pool. There was more than enough room for all and was the wedding of my dreams. Hopefully we will return to reminisce with our family and friends. Thanks again to Craig for all his help...

Sent on 11/29/2015

Amanda · Married on 08/31/2013

My husband and I recently rented Ocean Spray Beach House for our August 31, 2013 wedding. It was the PERFECT location for our wedding. We had a little over 100 guests and the house handled that number beautifully. The location was romantic, and relaxed and just exactly what we were looking for. We had the ceremony on the deck with chairs lining each side of the pool. It worked out wonderfully since my husband and I both have older relatives who would have had a difficult time getting down to the actual beach. We then had the cocktail hour on the second floor while we took photos and our coordinator reset the pool deck for the reception. Our DJ was on the second floor deck overlooking the pool area, where we had the dance floor. We had up-lighting on all of the palm trees around the pool and lots of candles. With the ocean breeze, and beautiful weather I couldn't have imagined a better place to get married. It was just perfect.

Sent on 11/04/2013

This house was Beautiful! I had alittle over 100 quests and each guest was comfortable with the space. Beautiful house for a beach wedding!..and definitely enough space.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2012

The house was fabulous! Beautifully decorated and incredibly spacious! My family and friends felt right at home and the wedding turned out beautifully! I loved the pool area and proximity to the beach! I cannot wait to come back for another family event! I would absolutely recommend this venue to any bride looking to have a gorgeous venue for her special day!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Judi · Married on 05/12/2012

I can't speak highly enough about Ocean Spray Beach House! After searching up and down the North Carolina coast and into South Carolina, for the perfect house to sleep our large family and to be the beach wedding/venue of our dreams- I luckily found this remarkable place! Not only did it comfortably sleep our group of 32, it allowed us mid-week check in (which is next to impossible to find anywhere) to have a Saturday ceremony.

The decor is updated and beautiful, giving you that perfect "beach retreat" feel. And the view is gorgeous! Being in a gated community to me was a plus, knowing that there wouldn't be a ton of random people cruising by...

With a guest list of around 120 people the space never felt crowded. The pool area is more than big enough for tables (we had 12 6-top rectangular tables and could've had more). The left side of the carport was a perfect dance floor with room for tables for people to watch and mingle. And we even used the right side for Cornhole! The first floor balcony was our buffet line, gift table, candy buffet, and cake table area- and yes, more than enough room!!

We think of this dream wedding/week everyday! Our guests are still talking about how perfect it was and we all highly recommend it!

Craig was very helpful with any questions we had along the way and he has done a beautiful job with this dream of a house!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Tracey · Married on 04/14/2012

The Ocean Spray Beach House was by far one of the most beautiful houses to hold a wedding/reception. It was extremely spacious with 12 bedrooms and a perfect fit for my bridal party and people closely associated with wedding to stay. The layout of the house was absolutely wonderful. The house is located in a very quiet community and a not so crowded beach which made for a great wedding. I would not pass this house up for anything in the world. You have wonderful views from anywhere in the house, front and back. The house is equipped with an elevator, which made life way too easy for the elderly, and even some young folks, to go from the ground to third floor. The pool was spectacular to have right at your back door. And with the heated aspect of it, it made for some great nights in the water with a cool breeze. The outside deck area made for the best layout for a beautiful reception as well. I personally had my cake cutting and first dance on the first floor balcony where everyone sitting below could see everything going on. You will not find anything else like this house on the coast of NC. People to this day, 3 months later, still rant and rave about how great and beautiful everything was with the wedding, reception, and house.

Sent on 07/30/2012

What an awesome weekend! My wedding was perfect and could not have selected a more beautiful setting to get married. It made it so special having all of my bridesmaids and wedding party stay at the house under one roof to enjoy our wedding weekend. So many of our guests commented that they have been to several weddings but this location and atmosphere were best. I only wish one of my bridesmaid will select Ocean Spray for their wedding so I can relive it again!

Sent on 08/04/2012

We rented this beach house to have my wedding there the following Saturday. It was a whole week to relax and spend time with both sides of the family. It was a wonderful time! The weather was perfect and we had plenty of space for all of the family and some of the bridal party. Overall, I loved my time at this beach house and would definitely recommend it for weddings!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Jessica · Married on 09/05/2011

The Ocean Spray Beach House was EXACTLY what you see online. It is the perfect location, space, and set up to host a beach wedding with an indoor, or outdoor reception. Our wedding was exactly like we imagined.

Sent on 05/22/2012

Angie · Married on 05/08/2011

Perfect location for a bride and groom with a large family attending the beach wedding. More than enough room for a party of thirty! The house, the pool and the beach are all gorgeous. I wish I could rent this house for my summer vacation with the family!

Sent on 07/27/2012

Keily · Married on 04/16/2011

Owner was responsive, flexible, and helpful as we planned our wedding at Ocean Spray--he answered all of our questions about the home and sent a lot of pictures to help us plan for our stay. The home is beautiful and made a great setting for our wedding. A storm on the day of our wedding changed our plans for an outdoor wedding on the pool deck to an indoor wedding using the 2 large living spaces inside, and it worked out beautifully.

Sent on 08/12/2012

Heather · Married on 08/20/2015

I found this listing a little less than a year before the wedding day. I'd been searching for a beach venue for my partner and I for a while and even with family connections to some of the best beach venues, I couldn't find one I really loved, nor one that wouldn't have taken most of our budget. Then, this venue popped up as a recommended venue and I fell in love! I scoured pictures of previous weddings here and suddenly no other venue would do. I had to explain many times to family and friends why I chose a beach house for the venue. I quickly rattled off the beauty of this place and the fact that we could have our wedding party stay here as well as our families.
    I had a chance to view the house personally before I put a deposit down, so for those of you who can't see it before you arrive, it really IS as beautiful as the pictures show. Such a huge space and yet it did not feel too affluent because of the family atmosphere. Every room had their own bathroom, which our guests loved. Two rooms open to a balcony and four rooms open to decks that lead down to lower levels. The huge windows in the house make you want to go outside, and that's just what we did. The rooms were spacious enough to lounge in and relax after a long day outside. The pool was so refreshing after a quick shower off from the beach. It was also cleaned while we were there!
    I had such a wonderful time and would stay there again for a family reunion. With all the good there were two minor nuisances. The bathroom drains need to be cleared of debris as every shower and sink drain took a long time to clear water. Also, I would suggest anyone going in the summer to bring something to repel mosquitos. Because the dunes are protected, you can't use a harsh chemical around the house, but some citronella candles placed around the deck would have been very helpful.
    One additional note, I misplaced one of the payments and the owner was very forgiving. He allowed me ample time to rectify the situation.

Sent on 08/25/2015

When searching for a location for our wedding the choices were many. We were extremely pleased with the venue and all the amenities. I would not hesitate to recommend to a friend.

Sent on 07/27/2012