Occasions Party Centre Reviews

25 Reviews for Occasions Party Centre

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/26/2019

Stress free day

They took the stress out of planning, I would’ve been so overwhelmed without Tricia’s help, she is very knowledgeable in every detail...no surprises when it came to prices. Our room looked even better than I could have imagined! So many compliments on the food, it was on point. When it was time to leave, everything was already packed up and ready to go on a simple cart to our car.

Sent on 04/27/2019

Chrissy · Married on 07/22/2017

I had my reception here on 7/22 and it was everything we dreamed of and more. We worked with Trisha and she was amazing! We had so many compliments on the friendliness of the staff and quality of food. They took care of all of the decorting and made it look absolutely stunning!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Brittney · Married on 05/26/2017

Occasions Party Centre did such a specular job for our big day. Tricia is an absolutely invaluable asset to the Occasions team. From our initial meeting over a year ago through the big day, she was extremely responsive and helpful. I cannot begin to count the amount of questions she fielded and answered timely through our experience.

From the time we booked with Occasion’s in the Garden Room a year ago they’ve completely renovated the space. When we booked we loved the quality, price, and size…but were blown away by the updates. The new, modern look accented our vision perfectly. I actually started to tear up when I walked into the venue the night of the rehearsal. After all, I had given them all of my décor in boxes with no direction (poor bridal move) and they took the thoughts right out of my mind.

Our guest are still raving about the food—the mac n’ cheese, top notch! Not a single complaint.
    The bartenders—INCREDIBLE. Our guest like to have a good time and their ability to keep up with the requests was nothing next to impressive. There was never a wait, even with a crowded bar.

I would recommend Occasions without hesitation to any bride in search of a beautiful, updated, and STRESS FREE wedding venue. They are the pros at what they do—there is a reason why they’ve been in the business for so long.

Sent on 06/12/2017

This was the first and only venue we looked at! We wanted a place that we could have the ceremony and reception in the same place and we found it with them! They have been extremely helpful so far!

Sent on 01/03/2015
  • User4171928 · 2+ years ago

Lisa and Abby are great! They were great in answering any questions leading up to the wedding and so attentive and helpful the day of. The entire venue is beautiful and requires minimal decorating.

Sent on 04/17/2015

dennis · Married on 10/05/2013

They are the best of the best, hands down. No one can compete with their quality, price or service.

Sent on 10/23/2013

emily · Married on 08/24/2013

Every Thing Was Perfect!!! Abby Was Amazing To Work With!!! I Highly Recommend Them To Anyone Looking For Their Fairytale Wedding And Reception!!!!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Heath · Married on 08/24/2013

Beautiful from start to finish. Food and service were excellent. Real life fairytale night.

Sent on 09/30/2013

I cannot say enought wonderful things about Occasions Party Centre and the staff. They were so amazing!!! Our wedding was absolutely perfect. Lisa and her crew took care of us from start to finish. From the ceremony to the reception, everything was fabulous. I'm still getting compliments on the promptness of the wait staff, the beauty of the entire area, and how delicious the food was.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Andrea · Married on 08/09/2013

Occasions was the perfect place for our wedding!!! We still have people talking about how it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been too !! They were very easy to work with ad well!! Thank you for making our wedding such a special experience for everyone!!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Beautiful venue, wonderful food!! overall a great placed. I HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 07/03/2013

rachel · Married on 06/05/2010

This reception hall had it all! And very friendly and available staff to answer your questions night or day!

Sent on 06/16/2010

Ashlee · Married on 09/05/2009

Occasions were wonderful. They took care of everything so my fiance and I could enjoy our day. The food was excellent as well!

Sent on 09/23/2009

Stacie · Married on 08/08/2008

They did anamazing job helping set up for the ceremony and reception. The staff was wonderful and the food was delicious! They helped to make our special day perfect!!

Sent on 11/11/2008

GraceAnn · Married on 07/19/2008

Occasions is a beautiful place to have a wedding. The rooms they offer are open and clean. The best part about occasions was their food. Everyone was talking about how good it was. Very happy with their business.

Sent on 08/01/2008

Greta · Married on 10/01/2005

We had a great reception! Everyone loved the food and the sunken dance floor is great!!!

Sent on 02/29/2008

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect! Wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Kayle · Married on 06/20/2015

Occasions is a completely gorgeous facility and they have the best value (thanks to their all inclusive packages-no service fees, gratuities, etc.!) Everyone who came to my reception fell in love-the food was DELICIOUS, it was beautiful, and the staff were fantastic (they even went above and beyond for a family member I have in a wheelchair). My reception was in the Garden Room-the larger room upstairs-and it was perfection. We took photos there and during the reception people were able to hang out on the grounds and patio outside (the kids particularly enjoyed this). I worked with Abby and Lisa during my year and a half engagement and they were always so helpful with questions and requests. I cannot recommend Occasions enough, it was by far the best decision I made for my wedding!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/22/2013

We went to six venues before we were referred to Occasions. We walked in, and knew this had to be the place. Abby and Lisa were amazing to work with - detailed and organized. They also responded to questions and concerns almost immediately. The venue is absolutely stunning. We were in the garden room, which allowed for seating on the outdoor patio and a cigar bar. The guests had a wonderful time. The food was good... the bartenders were fun and everything went smoothly. Would recommend this venue highly.

Sent on 07/19/2013

We were very pleased with our wedding and reception at Occassion's in the Garden Room.

Sent on 11/19/2012
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 05/12/2018

Overall, we had a really great experience having our wedding at Occasions. The Garden Room was absolutely beautiful and the staff did a great job decorating and the wait staff was very attentive. The food was delicious. We loved that the drinks are all served in glassware, not plastic cups. Tricia was great about getting back with us quickly with any questions we had. One thing we weren't happy about was that they increased the price of the food/beverages by 6% two months prior to the wedding. They do mention this in the contract, but it makes me wonder if this is something they do with all of their clients. We were very upset and they compromised to only raise it by 3%, but its still frustrating. The other thing we were upset about was during the reception, they started tearing everything down 1 hour before the wedding was scheduled to end. I feel like this put a damper on the party and made people feel like the wedding was ending, well before our time was up. Also, something that other vendors did was reach out to me after the fact to see how everything went. Occasions did not and I think that would have been really appreciated and showed that they cared.

Sent on 06/14/2018

4.2

Such a BEAUTIFUL vendor! I am so pleased with the way that my wedding reception turned out. I have seen various pictures of weddings that were held here, and it is amazing to me how the "look" of the hall changes with the decorations! You can literally decorate however you want for your wedding and it will work. The food was delicious. The staff was helpful.

Sent on 06/18/2013

Amber · Married on 09/29/2013

3.0

Occasions Party Centre was everything we needed for our wedding and reception. The value for their service was really exceptional. We had a few glitches and miscommunications the day of the wedding, and the coordinator that day was someone we had never met previously, while we were expecting to have the woman we had been talking and planning with be the one to run the actual event that day. Overall, however, we could not have dreamed of a more perfect venue for our wedding and reception. We really appreciate all the fine work they did. Also, everything there is BEAUTIFUL. It made for some fabulous pictures and a gorgeous day.

Sent on 02/15/2014

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/06/2011

3.6
      3.0
      3.5

I was overall very please with Occasions. Like most things with weddings, they do nickle and dime you for every little thing. I was a little frustrated leading up to my wedding because there were some things that we weren't allowed to do with our centerpieces, etc. and it seemed like there was a charge for EVERYTHING. The day of my wedding went very smoothly though. They were very hospitable and the food was great.

Sent on 03/19/2012

Maria · Married on 07/08/2017

3.4
      1.5
      3.5
      2.5

I don't regret having my wedding a year ago @ Occasions. It was the most perfect venue for my wedding. Outdoor area, lots of room in Garden Room. Great dance floor. Pretty environment. I still get compliments on the food! However, the people I worked with didn't make my planning and experience great at all. They were the reason for my pre-wedding stressors. I was originally told when booking that we wouldn't have to pay for no-shows. I find out the week before that wasn't true. My husband even heard the same thing, so I knew I wasn't being crazy. Unfortunate because I had grandma's brother & mom's cousin who were both in & out of the hospital, so they couldn't be guarantees at it got closer. They both, & spouses, were not able to go-at least $250 wasted. Also, we had a band & Occasions less than accommodating for them giving them a closet to put their stuff-- where workers were coming in & out. They did not even let them use a room unless I paid for it! (+$300!) Another HUGE problem was that I was originally told I was going to be able to come in the Friday night before (wedding Saturday) & set things up. My MIL and SIL made the centerpieces, so venue said we could get most things set up & put the flowers in the cooler over night, in which venue would end up placing out the day of. Well, Occasions decided to BOOK AN EVENT in my same room that night before my wedding. I found out about this A WEEK before. They ended up reverting another thing they said & did not let us put flowers in their cooler. I had to bring everything I was going to set up & leave instructions. Well, the instructions also weren't followed. I was supposed to have few tables with 9 spots, but that was not done come wedding time. Bartenders were rude, carding my BRIDESMAID cousin-& only her when she went up w/ a group of bridesmaids. The bar also served a man before serving my grandma who was there 1st. To top it all off, I paid for security but ended up having 3 wedding crashers whom I kicked out.

Sent on 07/09/2018