21 Reviews for Occasions - Invitations & Announcements

4.7
21 Occasions - Invitations & Announcements Reviews

Booking with Occasions was the best decision we made. Mary made selecting the invitations and stationary fun. Mary's attention to detail and thoroughness resulted in beautifully perfect invitations. We had the inside and outside envelopes addressed by the stationer -- it saved us hours of hand addressing and the look was neat and classy. For an extra cost, Mary made us a Seating Scroll --that way our guests could quickly determine where at what table they were seated and they didn't have to stop and pick up individual seating cards.

Profile Picture User7413051, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Mary helped me find the invitation of my dreams within my budget. I received so many compliments on our invitations. The quality was exceptional for the price. The programs were made for me in a very short timeframe. They coordinated with the invitations and Mary spent a lot of time on the phone with me to make sure every detail was correct. Mary is very timely in her responses and pays attention to every detail. It was wonderful to work with someone local and who I knew was just an email, phone call, or visit away. I would highly recommend working with Mary at Occasions!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I was introduced to Occasions through a local bridal show. I was very impressed with the quality and selection that I saw and made an appointment to discuss options with Mary. The meetings with Mary were AMAZING! Her dedication to making making my wedding special truly showed through each meeting, email, and phone call. Mary was always professional and quick to respond to any question or need I had. She had great insight into the small details such as addressing invitations, wording, fonts, and overall style.

The quality of the invitations I saw were unbeatable also. Before, meeting Mary at the bridal show, I had ordered sample invites off of various websites online. They do not even come close to the quality and sophistication of the products and service that Occasions has to offer.

I believe that the real excitement of a wedding for a guest starts the moment they open an invitation. The invitations and service through Occasions and Mary will not disappoint.

Profile Picture User4857281, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Mary was awesome to work with. She helped us find the perfect invitations for our wedding and really knew her stuff. I was clueless about the different types of printing and she helped me understand everything so I could pick the invitation that was best for us. She was so kind and always got back to me right away on any questions that I had. I would highly recommend her to anyone. You will get beautiful invitations for your event and you will be satisfied with the service you receive!

Profile Picture User3863924, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Mary has your best interest in mind. She didn't want me to overspend anywhere and gave me tips where I could save money! She was very flexible with me on meeting times and had no problem working around my schedule. Despite having clients with earlier wedding dates than me, she was quick to get my proofing and final product to me in less than 2 weeks from start to finish! She really is great to work with, highly recommend her to anyone in this area.

Profile Picture User4936563, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

It was an easy process. Loved my wedding invites. Cost more than I wanted but they are a good quality.

Profile Picture carrie , 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Mary was amazingly helpful to us. We procrastinated our timeline for invitations and were concerned about getting a quality product in a rushed time period. Mary helped us pick out beautiful invitations and worked with our timeline. The quality and quantity of invitations she has is spectacular. She professionalism can't be matched. We highly recommend Mary at Occasions.

Profile Picture Deborah, 3/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Mary was wonderful. We were on a time crunch in ordering our invitations and Mary stepped right in and got things done in order for us to receive our invitations in a timely manner. She was very professional and was prompt in getting back to you. I would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Debbie, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

I absolutely loved working with Mary in picking out the invitations for my wedding. She was so helpful in guiding us through the collection of invites that we could choose from, based on our personal style and the style of our wedding. She was very professional and very affordable. Whenever we had questions, she was always available and was very patient!! It was much appreciated! Our invitations were gorgeous and I am so happy we chose to work with Mary and Occasions!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/28/14, 1 Review
0.0

I had been told to go to Occasions from another vendor. I recently moved to Lansing so with not being familiar with the area, I needed all the help I could get. Our first meeting we went in with a budget and she basically laughed in our faces. We were willing to stretch the cost because she did have beautiful invitations and a wide variety. We picked out the invitations, the add ons, and quantity and she quoted us at $565. It was over budget for us but we were willing to pay the extra because we loved the invitations. She then sent us an estimated invoice online which was $580. The new price was more but we expected that since she was trying to put together the first estimate in her head. Throughout the process, Mary seemed ok at getting back to us. However, apparently she has some technology issues. She would send me a round of proofs, I responded the day of and the next time the day after telling her the corrections I wanted. A week later I would get an email asking me to respond to the proofs in which I had already responded too. It became very irritating and it took the process 2 months to finally get our invitations in. Also she told us she would give us a discount if we liked and shared her page on facebook and when I did, she denied seeing it, even though she acknowledged my like of her page on a status she put up and I liked. Our invitations also have a ribbon on it and the company didn't have our color so Mary was nice enough to order us our color. When we got our final invoice, it was $650, $85 more of the original cost. Going over our budget as it was, we weren't happy. She didn't give us the facebook discount. She neglected to tell me that the proof price went up after you did a certain amount of proofs. She charged me for putting the new ribbon in without telling me (I have hands, I could have done it myself for free). Also, when I called to question about the price, she hung up on me 3 times! Overall, I'm so happy I never have to deal with Mary again!

Profile Picture Annalicia, 6/20/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Working with Mary was great. We met with her and were able to see a huge variety of options for our invitations. Being able to touch and feel the different paper qualities made a huge impact on the invitations we chose. One of the biggest fears I had going into searching for the right invitations was the overall wording. Mary did an excellent job helping us to navigate those waters. Mary stayed on top of everything and made sure we got the exact invitations we wanted and in the right time frame for our wedding. Mary is excellent at what she does and I would highly recommend her to anyone who doesn't want to deal with the fuss and stress of wedding invitations.

Profile Picture Sophia, 6/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

For anyone needing any kind of invitation or cards of any sort, there is no reason to look any further than Occasions. Mary really puts so much effort into making sure her work is even more than could be expected. For any bride looking for the most memorable wedding, this is definitely one area that will stand out. Mary is creative and has so much to choose from to make any wedding PERFECT!!! GREAT JOB MARY!!!

Profile Picture Allen, 5/18/14, 1 Review
4.7

Occasions made my life easier by providing beautiful invitations and helpful advice. Thank you, Occasions!

Profile Picture Megan, 8/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

I was very happy to have the counsel of such an experienced provider as Mary to help me. I needed to include some unusual wording and she guided me well to identify and meet our needs. The invitations are in and they are beautiful. This special reception here in Michigan to honor our Daughter and Son in Law's marriage has been enhanced by the invitations Mary assisted us to find and create. Thank you.

Profile Picture Madelyn, 7/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Mary listened to our ideas and helped us throughout the process with our wedding invitations, programs and napkins. Her high attention to detail ensured the final product was perfect!! We really enjoyed working with Mary and look forward to working with her again in the future. In the end, Mary exceeded all of our expectations and formed a lasting friendship with us!!

Profile Picture Marisa, 11/10/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations

Mary is simply the best. She helped me with my wedding invitations. I had a very unique situation, where I found out my father had terminal cancer and would not make it to my original June wedding date. So in a rush, she helped me pick out my dream invitation. Mary helped with all the wording, and PROMPTLY got my proofs, quotes, and any other detail I possibly could have wanted. She did the same thing for my June reception on my original wedding date. I cannot stress enough that she made an already stressful situation one of my favorite parts of planning my wedding and later reception. I recommend her highly, and send anyone I know to her. I'm looking forward to continuing my relationship with her in all the major life changes I have ahead :)

Profile Picture Liz, 10/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Mary takes the time to review all shipments by looking at each item and verifying that it meets her and customer expectations. If quality does not meet expectations she makes sure that corrections are made. She takes the time to learn and understand what we are looking for in our invitations. As well provide multiple selections for us to review to make the best decision. She really is worth to take the time to meet. We are extremely pleased with her ethics, professionalism and quality.

Profile Picture Matthew, 5/12/12, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

I LOVED using Occasions to order my wedding invitations! Mary was very professional and her books of invitations were amazing. I am always skeptical at going with a vendor I do not know much about, but I can truly say that Mary did a marvelous job. We loved our invitations so much we got table numbers and a seating scroll through her. Mary was always willingly to meet with us if we were unsure about something and always responded back to e-mails and phone calls promptly. Could not have asked for a better vendor to use to get my invitations. Thanks Mary!

Profile Picture Alyson, 4/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

My invitations are absolutely beautiful, I am getting so many compliments! We had bought do-it-yourself invitations but after seeing Mary's booth at a bridal show we knew we had to order from her. The one thing I will tell brides is DO NOT OVERLOOK postage! I ended up spending $150 on stamps because each invite needed 3 stamps because of weight and bulkiness. Overall, I am very happy with the end product. It is definitely worth it to spend extra on invitations... it's the first impression people will have about your wedding!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

When my daughter and I started the process of choosing save the date and wedding invitations from Mary at Occasions, we had no idea how to go about the process. It's more than just picking an invitation from a book. So many more things are involved, like the size of the print, placement of the words, the actual verbage that needs to be on the invitation, making sure everything is sent in a timely manner. If something wasn't right with the printer, she took care of it, it was one less thing we didn't have to worry about.! She was more than willing to accomadate us as far as meeting us when it was convenient for us. Honestly, our invitations were absolutely beautiful!! I feel the invitations set the tone for the whole weding. I would highly reccomend Occasions!

Profile Picture Lori, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Mary was very helpful and easy to communicate with from the start. We were so pleased with the way our invitations turned out, they were everything we were hoping for and we were able to stay, for the most part, in budget. We also really liked the idea of supporting local small business.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/25/09, 5 Reviews