Oakwood Cleaners Reviews

Oakwood Cleaners 1
Oakwood Cleaners 2

Keesha · Married on 05/07/2011

3.0

They did a great job with my cleaning and preserving my dress! A little too expensive but I wanted my dress to last forever.

Sent on 11/03/2011

Morgan · Married on 05/09/2009

3.0

They did such a great job with my dress. There were some problems with scheduling initially, but mostly because I waited until the last minute. I totally recommend these people- they did great!

Sent on 06/10/2009

Dee · Married on 09/04/2015

As the mother of 3 boys, I brought in 2 dresses. The dresses were well done and looked beautiful. I appreciated the extent of detail given when taking the dresses and at delivery. I was shown the dresses, how to take care of them. My third son got married in March and I plan to bring in that dress if my newest daughter in law does not take care of it herself.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Nicole · Married on 08/30/2014

They did a great job. My dress looks beautiful again. When I picked up my dress they went over all instructions and gave me a pair of white gloves to use at home. I will go back again if needed. I would recommend preserving over the standard cleaning to anyone.

Sent on 01/09/2015

Tempie · Married on 05/02/2009

The lady who did my alterations was absolutely amazing!!!!

Sent on 06/14/2009

Katelyn · Married on 07/13/2013

4.2
      3.0

Gosh, so many mixed feelings about Oakwood Cleaners. I worked directly with Rhonda before my wedding to prepare to have my dress steamed. I was coming in to Nashville from out of town the Wednesday before my wedding. We discussed via phone and email the process and I felt so confident about it all.

On the Wednesday before I took the dress in to their White Bridge location. The employee there was fabulous. She took out my dress, complimented it over and over and used the white gloves to inspect it and make her recommendations. She quoted me a price, and I left the dress. After, Rhonda even called to check in on me. Wonderful!

From the beginning, we had planned for my father to pick up my dress the morning of the wedding. I called on both Thursday and Friday to confirm this plan (and check to see if the dress had been done early, which they thought it may be).

Unfortunately on Saturday morning when my Dad arrived, they had no record of my dress. They said my name wasn’t in the system, no notes about him picking up a dress, and my dress was nowhere to be found. My Dad called me in a panic, which led to a seriously stressful half an hour trying to get a hold of Rhonda without going into total bridezilla mode. I finally just asked my Dad to see if he could look around in the back, and he was able to quickly spot my dress and take it with him.

The work Oakwood did was incredible – my dress looked great. It is super unfortunate that the mix-up Saturday morning occurred, because it’s hard not to look back and think about how much stress it caused on my wedding day.

I would still recommend them, but would guide brides to work with them as early as possible and ensure the dress is back in your hands before your wedding day.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Oh my gosh Katelyn, it appears that I, Rhonda caused that mess. I had mistakenly put your name in backwards with your first name as your last name so that is why they could not find it in the system. I truly apologize for not being available to you and for making that error. Thank you for your kind words after that experience. Congratulations on your marriage.

Erin · Married on 09/12/2015

3.0

I brought two gowns into Oakwood for their restoration services, which I'd heard were top-notch. One dress was from 1990 the other from 1950. I was unable to convince the employees that the dress from 1990 (which had yellowed thoroughly) was supposed to be white (even though the bride who wore it first swore up and down it was), and they said it would be $1,000 just for them to try to restore it, so we took it somewhere else that did it for under $400.
    BUT they did a PHENOMENAL job on the 1950 dress. This dress was handmade, and only worn once, but there was a significant break in the lace in the back of the dress. The repair took a little longer than anticipated, but they were actually able to replace the lace, rather than just stitch it up. You can't even tell it was ever ripped!

I'd give my confidence in their restorations department a thumbs down, but their cleaning/alterations department a BIG thumbs up.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Rachel · Married on 05/17/2014

3.2
      3.5

Oakwood is by far the premiere bridal cleaning service in Nashville- they were recommended by several trusted friends. Initially my experience was frustrating- I only needed my dress to be pressed, and they said they could have it done within three weeks, but after my dress came back from the woman who did the alterations (who rushed the job to meet their three-week timeline) they said the window was now four weeks and I would get my dress back only a day or two before the wedding.

So, I found a backup JCrew gown on Ebay just in case and sent the original dress in to get pressed. The dress was brand new and did not need to be cleaned, even though their staff tried to talk me into it. When the dress was ready, I went to pick it up and all of the creases that were there initially were still there.

After some back and forth they agreed to give it another try and were successful in getting the dress perfectly pressed and to me within 4 days of the wedding. Their prices are definitely bridal- just pressing was over $200- but the end result was perfect, and even with the issues, I would recommend Oakwood and use them again.

Sent on 07/07/2014

1.6
      2.0
      1.0

I had heard so many good things about Wedding Gowns preservation and that Oakwood Cleaners was the way to go. The closest location was about 1 hr 1/2 away , but I decided that it was worth the time and money to preserve my custom made gown. It was dropped off at the end of November 2013 with a pick up at the first of March . Here it is almost the end of March 2014 and my gown is STILL not done. I understand how some companies can fall behind , which is understandable but the fact that I never received ANY phone calls, updates etc. I had to call multiple times to question where my gown was - always receiving the same answer they they were not sure why it isn't done , they will check the status and call me back .
    I never received a call back! I was always the one to make the phone call.
    They would keep telling me to try back again next week.
    I called today to check the status again - being that it is a month late . I was told that my gown was not at the factory , nor at their store . THEY WOULD HAVE TO FIND IT!! Why is my gown lost exactly?! It was eventually found about 2 hours away at another location. Pickup date - still to be determined .
    Moral of the story. Do NOT trust this company with something as special as your wedding gown. They did not take care of my gown to my expectations for the price of $700 for preservation - I was expecting way more than this AWFUL customer service .

Sent on 03/20/2014

0.8
      1.0

I brought my couture wedding gown to Oakwood a few months after my wedding to be cleaned, have a small hole from the bustling repaired, and some bead work secured that had begun to come loose. I was quoted 2 months, my credit card put on file, and assured that it would be done.
    Today, the scheduled day for my pickup, I was very excited to get my gown back. Upon arriving at the Cool Springs location the girl behind the counter seemed confused that I was there to pick up a gown. She said they didn't have any gowns. I could see it from where I was standing, so she brought it up. I inspected the gown to find that NONE of the promised repairs were done. I was told the manager would call me the next day.
    After further thought, I returned and asked for my gown back so that I could have the repairs done elsewhere. Low and behold the manager was in. This manager then looked my order up in the computer while looking at the dress and said "There must have been 2 holes as it's marked in the computer as complete." There was only one hole and it wasn't touched. That makes me think the seamstress couldn't find the hole, or didn't want to do it and just marked it complete.
    Upon asking why the bead work wasn't repaired as promised I was told that bead work is $65/hour and that the girl who promised me that is no longer with them. My phone number is on file with them, and in 2 months they couldn't pick up a phone to tell me this.
    The manager who I spoke with, Rachel, was very patient and seemed understanding, but I am just not even remotely satisfied with any of the answers or solutions offered to me. In 2 months they couldn't repair a small hole or call me to remedy their employee's misquote.

Sent on 12/19/2013

Oakwood Cleaners's reply:

Hello. Thank you for making us aware of this situation. At Oakwood Cleaners we pride ourselves on quality and customer service. We will be looking into this event, meeting with those employees involved and taking action to make sure this kind of thing does not happen again.

Dee · Married on 11/07/2015

0.8
      2.0
      0.0
      0.0
      1.0

Still was not ready after 4 months. When I went to pick it up on the promised date....they said they could not contact me with the number they had- funny when she tried - it rang right to my cell phone in the store. Apparently the seamstress still had to sew a few things back on. Another month went by, still no call. After my call the dress was finally ready. Work was just okay and did not get the original sash back or the original bag. Oh well, and I had pre-paid- "my bad". Not a good value- too expensive!

Sent on 12/30/2016

0.6
      0.5

I was recommended Oakwood Cleaners by a good friend whose daughter's wedding dress was heavily soiled with dirt and wine and came back looking great.
    My daughter's dress was lightly soiled on the hem from the dance floor. Even the employee at Oakwood remarked that it had little soil.
    Yet I was charged over $300 and when I picked it up, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned.
    Hugely disappointed.