39 Reviews for Oak Mountain

Premium Liquor (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
39 Oak Mountain Reviews

Laura and her staff were absolutely awesome did anything and everything to make our day the best. Amazing views. And Chef Lou made the most amazing food! If you love the outdoors getting married at the top of the ski hill is where you want to be!! And very affordable but regardless of price the experience they provided was priceless. We will go back to oak mountain for years to come. Thank you Laura!!

Profile Picture Jason, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Oak Mountain on Sept 30 it was amazing. Laura and her staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. The food was outstanding. I highly recommend Oak Mountain I can't say enough about this place.

Profile Picture Erica, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Where do we even begin? My husband and I knew we wanted a unique atmosphere for our wedding with a fun and laid back experience for ourselves and all of our friends and family. We came across Oak Mountain and fell in love with the idea of getting married on a mountain, since we got engaged while hiking. We decided to make our first trip to Speculator and just fell in love with the mountain and with Laura! The views were breathtaking, the staff was friendly, the chair lift was a blast, and Laura truly made us feel at home. She had so many great suggestions, and unlike the other venues we visited we could tell that she does weddings because she enjoys making couples happy and not for the money. She was responsive and patient with us during the whole year of planning, and was super flexible regarding visits and making this wedding our own. She worked with all of our other vendors so seamlessly prior to and during our wedding. Everything was so beautiful and enjoyable. I can't imagine our day without Laura and the Oak Mountain staff. We wish we could press replay!!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Event Rentals, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor

Oak Mountain was the best decision we could have made for our wedding! I am not a party planner at heart. Laura and her team made everything so easy that this didn't matter. The mountain top ceremony was beautiful and the staff are so accommodating and friendly that I am still getting praise from guests. My favorite being "that was the best wedding I have ever been to." As a bride, those words mean quite a bit. The food was amazing and chef Lou is fantastic. I honestly can't praise this venue more and would highly recommend them to a couple who is looking for something unique with a top notch staff! Thank you all again so much!!

Profile Picture sharee, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Flatware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

When my husband and I started wedding planning, we knew we wanted a venue in the Adirondacks. I had grown up near Lake George, and we had met at college in Potsdam and done many hikes in the northern part of the park so it just felt right to be married in the mountains as well. From the moment we took the chair lift to the top of Oak Mountain, I knew I didn't want to be married anywhere else. Laura and Matt were just amazing to work with. Any time I had questions or concerns, she was quick to respond and reassure me. The day went off without a hitch. The weather was perfect. The food was delicious. The dance floor was hopping. We got so many compliments on what a beautiful location we had chosen to get married and just as many compliment on the food. Chef Lou was amazing. Everything from the appetizers to the buffet was perfect, melt-in-your-mouth delicious! I honestly can't imagine our day anywhere else. Oak Mountain is the most beautiful location and despite some people having a fear of heights, everyone loved the chair lift ride to the top, if for no other reason than the spectacular views from the summit. We can't thank Laura and Matt enough for helping make our day so perfect.

Profile Picture Sara, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals

Everything you did was amazing. I would book with you again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My wife and I had an off-site wedding nearby to Oak Mountain. We considered the possibility that being off-site, we might be less of a priority to the staff, however we were delighted throughout the entire process (12 months +) with the responsiveness, quality, attention to detail, and honestly...we even felt like family. This experience with Laura, Chef Lou, and the whole Oak Mtn crew was so good that almost 6 months later we still smile and regret we can't do this again. (Though there're always going to be anniversaries!!...summer party anyone?!)

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Family wedding at Oak Mountain was nothing short of fabulous. Not only is the scenery amazing on top of the mountain, but everything at this venue went perfectly. From the rehearsal dinner awesome food and atmosphere to the beautiful wedding day, they made working with them very easy and were always accommodating to any requests we had. The food was excellent! We were the largest venue they've had and it seemed like everyone had their dinner in record time. Laura and her staff are fantastic! I highly recommend Oak Mountain, every aspect of this place is fabulous. I would've given 10 stars if it had allowed

Profile Picture User7322418, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have asked for a better location for our wedding. The scenery is breathtaking, food to die for, and the staff is great. Laura was a pleasure to work with and very responsive and accommodating to our needs! Couldn't have asked for better! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oak Mountain was the best choice we could've made for our wedding venue. It had everything -beautiful scenery, mountaintop ceremony, large beautiful reception space, amazing catered food, professional experienced friendly staff, flexible with decorations, floor plan and other wedding ideas, space for yard games, great bar and restaurant, a super friendly awesome coordinator, and a large parking lot.
Oak mountain made our wedding a magical fairy tale day that went smoothly from beginning to end.
We highly recommend it!

Profile Picture User7321991, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Do not hesitate to book your wedding at Oak Mountain! Laura and the staff are so kind and accommodating. They are personable and were a pleasure to work with. We had so many compliments during and after our wedding.

Profile Picture Carolyn , 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We love Oak Mountain! It is incredibly beautiful. The food was delicious. The staff was amazingly helpful, especially Laura O'Brien and chef Lou. They let us have complete creativity and everything was perfect. We had a blast and so did everyone who attended. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Elyse, 9/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I can't say enough about the family running Oak Mountain. From the first inquiries, Laura has been so responsive and laid back. Matt took the time to show my Mother the venue, since I couldn't make it from Colorado to see it. They have been totally flexible based on what we need and what our budget is. I can't wait to have the wedding and see all of this hard work come together!

Profile Picture User6296846, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I can't even begin to explain how AMAZING Laura and Matt are at Oak! All of our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to and the food was so delicious! I am so thankful we picked Oak for our wedding venue! Not only are the views amazing, but everything else is also. I can't tell you enough about out how beautiful and perfect Oak Mountain was!!!! Thank you again Laura and Matt!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Do it! Best time ever! Even the brief rain storm while on top of the Mountain was good. The food was top notch and the staff was amazing

Profile Picture Rick, 8/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing ceremony on top of a mountain. Food drinks and music also on top. Perfect service perfect atmosphere amazing people to work with. I have 0 complaints about our special day.

Profile Picture Michael , 8/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was a dream. Laura and the Oak Mountain staff all went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was absolutely perfect. They are amazing at what they do here! Everything was incredibly personal and we left the weekend feeling like the day could not have been better. The venue was exactly what we were looking for. My husband and I are not ballroom people, but avid skiers, hikers, campers, and all around outdoor enthusiasts. With that said, being able to have our wedding ceremony at the top of a ski mountain without spending a fortune was absolutely perfect. Myself and my parents have not stopped receiving compliments about the venue. We had many guests tell us it was the most beautiful, unique, and fun wedding they have ever been invited to. You can't go wrong with this venue!

Profile Picture Luella, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently officiated at a wedding on the top of Oak Mt. The staff at the ski resort were fabulous to work with. Made everything easy and very comfortable for guests and wedding party. The food at the reception was among the best I have ever had. All made in-house and much better than average wedding fare. The chef is very personable and wants to delight the guests, taking great pride in the food. It is always a risk to plan an outside wedding and they are prepared to deal with all possibilities and work with whatever happens to make it a perfect day. I would highly recommend this venue for a couple looking for a romantic mountaintop experience.

Profile Picture Teresa, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The lodge has limited air conditioning. Plan the dancing for outside on the patio of it's too hot. Otherwise, best party ever and catering was fantastic. Laura was an excellent host and very fun and flexible with everything until the very last minute. We loved our wedding at Oak Mountain!!

Profile Picture Nate, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Laura, Matt and company are seriously the easiest people in the world to work with. My wife and I weren't that into wedding planning, but Laura was wonderful and helped us every step of the way. She had lots of experience with other weddings and was able to provide suggestions on how to do things, but in the end everything was completely our choice. Every email was answered promptly, which was especially important since we live in Michigan.

The food was also amazing! We tasted the food individually months in advance, and it was just as good when cooked for 75 people. We heard so many complements on the food!

When our wedding day turned out to be foggy, rainy, and everything in between, Laura just asked what we wanted to do, and when we said head up the mountain rain or shine, that was totally fine. We ended up starting the ceremony ahead of schedule to avoid the rain, but that didn't cause any issues. They had the food prepared half an hour early without us even asking. When it finally cleared up near the end of the reception, Matt was more than happy to zoom us back up the mountain to get some amazing sunset pictures.

On top of all that, Oak Mountain was the most affordable venue we found in the Adirondacks! We can't imagine a better venue for our special day!

Profile Picture Kevin, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Event Planning, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor

Don't dawdle..Book it! Everything was amazing... the view, the setup, the staff working the event, the food, etc.. The owners (Laura and Matt) were the best.. helpful, flexible, easy-going, professional... our wedding was everything we wanted and more...

Profile Picture Kara & Jon, 7/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cant say thank you enough to Laura, Matt, Chef Lou and the entire staff at Oak Mountain, They all went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was just perfect. We had the rehearsal dinner up there and the food was just wonderful, and they set the table up very nice. If I needed anything Laura was right there to answer any questions that I had weather it be text message or email . And I had forgot a few things at home and Laura had what I needed. The decorations were better then I had expected. And you couldn't say enough about the food, it was absolutely fabulous. The staff was very friendly and nice. This is a wonderful place to get married at. Everything was just perfect all a round.

Profile Picture Bonnie, 10/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Laura went above and beyond for our wedding this past weekend! She gave us her cell phone number incase we needed anything and I basically texted her every day! She helped us make our dream wedding come true!!!! HIGHLY recommend Oak Mountain to anyone looking for a fun and unique venue!

Profile Picture Emma, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Laura and her husband Matt were amazing! They were so helpful with our wedding. From the food, to the decorations, to the beautiful location, Oak Mountain is the place to get married. We had SO many compliments on how gorgeous Oak Mountain was. Laura gave us her cell phone number and I texted her a ton before the big day and she always answered immediately. The food was AMAZING!!!! Lou is one amazing chef, that's for sure. I would highly recommend Oak Mountain for the bride and groom who want a lovely and romantic venue.

Profile Picture User5498805, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews