Oak Mill Bakery Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Shamus
    Shamus T. Married on 03/20/2022

Cake You Will Remember

Oak Mill Bakery has a number of beautiful wedding cakes on display at their bakery in Arlington Heights, and we started working with Bill there. The first step was to arrange a tasting. We had two of our close friends join us for a cake tasting. For an hour, we leafed through books of cake designs, and tasted various cakes and frostings. At the end we had decided on our cake design, and flavors. It was a very enjoyable experience. We ordered the cake, and provided our own topper before the wedding. The cake was absolutely beautiful, and tasted delicious. I receive numerous compliments from guests about the cake. It looked, and tasted wonderful. I recommend Oak Mill Bakery without any hesitation.
  • Joanna
    Joanna Married on 10/16/2021

Very easy going

You NEED to have their almond bread and chocolate fudge!!!! All my guests loved our cake. For my cake topper I gave them what I wanted and what I had in mind and they definitely understood the assignment! This was included with my venue so I have no clue what the price was.
  • Erika
    Erika F. Married on 10/02/2021

Guests said it was the best wedding cake they've ever had

So glad we chose to go with Oak Mill Bakery for our wedding cake! Basia was so professional and helpful during our tasting and leading up to the wedding. They nailed the design we wanted and our guests were raving about how good the cake was!
  • Janae
    Janae N. Married on 09/26/2021

Best gf cake ever!

It was very important to me to have a gluten-free wedding cake, as many members of my family have Celiac disease. BEST DECISION. Everyone I told the cake was gluten-free was shocked!! It tasted AMAZING!! So many compliments from our guests. 10/10 recommend.
  • Anna
    Anna T. Married on 06/13/2021

10/10 would recommend

Oak Mill Bakery did a wonderful job with our wedding cake. They work closely with our venue, Alpine Banquets, to ensure that everything went smoothly with the wedding cake. Alpine Banquets coordinated with the bakery all of the details of the delivery and the guest list. The only thing we needed to do was schedule a tasting appointment, and then TASTE the cake. It was fantastic. This venue could be used in the city, but also in the suburbs.
  • Shannon
    Shannon K. Married on 09/01/2019

No worries

The cake tasting was done 5 months ahead of time and was a fun experience. They don’t create every flavor combo imaginable (which makes sense) but they have a little bit of everything. It up to you to create your own bite. A little confusing at first but once you get the hang of it it’s fun and you do understand exactly how your flavors will taste.
    My cake arrived on time and looked exactly how I envisioned. Oak mill worked directly with my venue so after choosing my cake I didn’t have anything additional to do. It was a seamless experience and my cake was SOO good. I had lemon cake w a raspberry jam and vanilla buttercream - very moist and lemony.
    Price was included in the venues per person cost, so I don’t know the actual price.
  • Steven
    Steven T. Married on 08/24/2019

Yumz in da Tumz

You'll want your cake from here! It was such an easy and enjoyable experience doing our cake tasting and the end result was incredible. Our cake looked absolutely beautiful and tasted absolutely amazing as well. By the end of the night it was all gone our guests loved it so much. I can't recommend this place enough! Just a great experience all around.
  • Amanda
    Amanda J. Married on 08/11/2019

Best Bakery in Chicagoland area!

Oak Mill Bakery did an amazing job on our wedding cake on 08/11/19!!! The cake was very fresh and delicious. Most importantly there was plenty of cake for all of my 150 guests and we saved the top layer to eat on our 1 month anniversary (Oak Mill Bakery can make a fresh top layer cake for your 1 year anniversary). We ordered a 5 layer vanilla and chocolate cake with raspberry and custard filling. Oak Mill Bakery delivered our wedding cake on-time at our reception in Lake Forest and assembled it beautifully. We also ordered 10" assorted pastry sweet trays on each guest table instead of doing a traditional sweet table. The sweets were a big hit with all of our guests and the Roshky were my personal favorite! Oak Mill Bakery staff was very knowledgeable with designing the cake and creating a cake exactly how I wanted. They also had a free cake tasting before ordering your wedding cake. I would highly recommend Oak Mill Bakery for your wedding; you will not be disappointed!
  • Dave
    Dave Married on 07/27/2019

Wedding Cake, Pie, Cookies, all amazing!

Working with Basia and the Oak Mill Bakery was so easy and turned out to be a great call. Everyone loved the pies and assorted cookies we got, in addition to our cake! Basia organized a tasting for us and my wife's parents to try all sorts of cakes and fillings. Within an hour we made our choices on everything and were on our way. It was great having it be such a simple and DELICIOUS process. Thank you Basia!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful and Delicious

I got married at The Glen Club and Oak Mill Bakery was one of two bakeries that were included in the wedding package. My husband and I have had many desserts and cakes from Oak Mill Bakery before so we were thrilled. Basia was so helpful and easy to work with during our cake tasting. She was very knowledgable and let us try many different combinations until we picked our favorites. I had a vision for what I wanted my cake to look like and they made it happen exactly as I wanted it! It was a simple design and a delicious cake... we can't wait to eat it again in a year.
  • Jenny
    Jennifer Married on 05/10/2019

Delicious and prompt

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicious. They also gave me free upgrades they surprised me with on my wedding day!
  • Paula
    Paula Married on 04/06/2019

Affordable, tasty, and beautiful cakes.

We got a great deal because Oak Mill works with our venue Royalty West Banquets. We got a delicious red velvet cake and it was a gorgeous cake.
    Nicholas Married on 12/07/2018

Delicious cake

The cake was fantastic. The taste was so good and the design was perfect!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 09/30/2018
    When I initially found out that a wedding cake was included with our venue package I was a bit concerned. I assumed the cake would be your typical "meh" wedding cake with barely any options. I was very pleasantly surprised by my experience with Oak Mill Bakery, and my confidence grew as more and more brides I spoke to told me they had gotten their wedding cakes there.

Basia was so friendly, and we were able to taste all of the combinations in which we were interested. We ended up going with a lemon cake with lemon curd filling and buttercream frosting. It was delicious, though I will say I was a bit disappointed with some of the other flavors I had wanted (red velvet and almond, specifically.) However, I was pleased with the variety of options included in my package, as well as the upgrade availabilities.

The cake was GORGEOUS, especially when combined with the decor of my florist. The only complaint we received from the guests was that the wait staff cut the pieces too small! The cake top only lasted a few days before my husband and I devoured it, there was no way that thing was lasting a year. ;)
    Madelyn Married on 08/31/2018
    My husband and I were very pleased with how beautiful and delicious the red velvet wedding cake came out! Thank you!
    Bridget Married on 08/04/2018
    We used Oak Mill Bakery and had our consultation with Bascia at the Niles location. The tasting was so fun and she helped us with a variety of flavor combinations and helped guide us to the most delicious wedding cake we thought we'd ever had! We chose a simple design for the cake and used our own cake topper that they placed on the cake for us. We've already talked about going back to the bakery to get a smaller cake just for ourselves!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 07/07/2018
    Loved our cake! It was beautiful and tasted yummy!
    Munia Married on 07/06/2018
    They did a great job designing my cake not only they made sure it look better than what I had in mind but the taste was great and the price was better than most of the bakeries around. I only have to show the cake lady a picture of my flowers and she took care of the rest!! I really recommend it
    Michaela Married on 06/30/2018
    Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and scrumptious! We thought the 3 tier would be smaller but it actually was much bigger than we expected! It was plenty for our 89 guests with leftovers. The tasting was also well done with great suggestions. Thank you so much for the cake. We will be back to do more business!
    Gretchen Married on 06/02/2018
    Our wedding cake was not only stunning but it tasted amazing! After our tasting, we were confident in Oak Mill's quality and service. Bascia is a skilled expert at what she does. She even helped us create our very own cake buffet with different varieties of cakes. We were so impressed and the night ended with no cake left over because guests enjoyed it so much! We were so pleased with Oak Mill Bakery's service and, most importantly, the delicious/gorgeous cakes. We strongly recommend them for all of your cake needs!
    Mary Married on 11/04/2017
    We've used Oak Mill Bakery for just about any family party! I cannot wait for my cake tasting and to select a beautiful, delicious wedding cake! I know they will knock it out of the park!!
  • Anna
    Anna Married on 09/23/2017
    We didn't work directly with Oak Mill (our venue package included a cake from here) but they were nice and responsive. They had the design we wanted and our cake actually tasted better than what we tried during the tasting. We did almond cake with fudge filling - so good! Very pleased with how it turned out.
    Cristin Married on 09/22/2017
    We worked with Basia and she was such a pleasure to work with! I knew going in that I just wanted what was covered with my venue package and she did not try to up-sell me at all. She went through our options, gave us clear direction on how the day would go and made it such a pleasant experience. The cake on our wedding day was PERFECT. Everything we wanted. I would recommend Oak Mill Bakery to every bride!
    Naomi Married on 09/16/2017
    I'm not a big fan of cake, but I love theirs! They made a beautiful cake for my wedding and it was delicious! Everybody wanted to take a piece home. They were extremely accommodating and had great communication with us the entire time. I highly recommend this bakery! I will be ordering all of my future cakes from here
    Bernadeta Married on 08/19/2017
    Cake turned out better than I hoped for.