28 Reviews for Oak Hill Weddings

Outside Alcohol (1)
China (1)
Flatware (1)
28 Oak Hill Weddings Reviews

My husband and I got married here in September of 2017. It was the perfect day and Becky and her crew were amazing to work with. They made sure everything ran smoothly and had all of our decorations and props in the correct places. I felt so calm and relaxed on my wedding day knowing that Becky and team had everything under control. I highly recommend Oak Hill!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sarah, 9/30/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Scenic Views, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We are getting married at Oak Hill Weddings next September. Becky has already worked with us SO MUCH! I can't wait to get married here, It is so beautiful!

Profile Picture User4785896, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at Oak Hill this past September and was so happy with everything. Becky is very organized and accommodating. The property is beautiful and all of our guests are still talking about how unique and fun our venue was! We are so happy we decided to chose Oak Hill for our wedding :) Thank you so much to Becky and your team at Oak Hill!!

Photo
Profile Picture Katie, 9/11/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Linens, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Parking, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Indoor

Becky at Oak Hill Farm is one of the most pleasant people to work with in planning a wedding. Oak Hill handles the whole setup and tear down of your decor although the natural asthetic of the venue is decor in itself! Becky also has great recommendations for other vendors to complete the wedding with utmost simplicity. Our wedding will be talked about for years and we did it all for about the price of renting a local union hall with none of the "do-it-yourself" setup. We paid a little more for this venue but it included so many money and time saving features that the extra expense easily paid for itself. We loved Oak Hill and would recommend it highly.

Profile Picture Katelyn, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Not only is Oak Hill the dreamiest of dreamy when it comes to a a more rustic and natural wedding, but the Oak Hill team is phenomenal as well. Coordinator Becky was so easy to work with- she answered all our questions, her communication and needs of us were streamlined, she was very flexible, and super relaxed (which made me by default feel very comfortable and at ease). The property was flawless, the day ran so smoothly, and our guests had a blast. Becky's mom Sandy officiated our ceremony, and like her daughter, she was so well-prepared, easy to work with, and did a great job. Oak Hill will not disappoint!!!

Profile Picture Ali, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Outside Cake, Server(s), Barware, Linens, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol

Becky was so great! We had down pouring rain all day on our wedding day and they helped adjust our entire schedule to still make our wedding day beautiful. Our guests loved the location, it was beautiful.even in the storms! I wish i could do it all over again...maybe a little less rain!

Profile Picture leigh-ann, 9/18/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I appreciated all the help the venue provided - they answered all my questions, were willing to give us a 2nd site visit, provided checklists to complete so we knew exactly what we needed and everyone was on the same page, and provided a day-of-coordinator.

Profile Picture Adrienne, 7/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oak Hill was absolutely our wedding dream come true. It is really hard to put into words how wonderful this place is and list the many reasons why but I will try.
To begin, the grounds are absolutely magnificent- unlike any other venue out there. The grass is well kept and plush green which provides the perfect canvas for so many beautiful photos. The multiple buildings on the grounds are well kept and look freshly painted. Between the time we booked the venue and actually had the wedding (about a year and a half) I swear they added new things and did more work on the grounds. They always seemed to be improving something. The barn where you can get ready is absolutely adorable and provided a perfect starting place to get dressed and have a snack/refresh after pictures and before the ceremony. The outdoor reception tent was so perfect and fit our rather large wedding of about 150 very comfortably. With this crazy summer wedding it was nice to know the tent comes with the availability to put the walls down if there is unfavorable weather. We used the chapel for our wedding ceremony and it was beautiful- nice and simple. You can totally decorate it up or just leave it plain and simple. No need to do much in the chapel or on these grounds- they have cute things EVERYWHERE. Chandalier hanging from the tree, polaroid style frame for pictures, rustic signs, wagons for serving dessert and beverages, lanterns, you name it they got it!
Becky is what really makes the whole thing come together though. None of the beauty and ease of putting it together would be possible without her experience and wonderful customer service. She was always organized, available and attentive to our calls and emails and even let us roam the property as we got closer to the day and needed measurements, etc. I couldn't more highly recommend this venue or Becky and her staff. People are complimenting our venue even weeks later and the pictures came out PHENOMENAL. You have to see this place!

Profile Picture Colleen, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I begin to explain how amazing this venue is?.. The moment we began our tour of this place we completely fell in love with it. Not only is it a beautiful location with a ton to offer, but the history behind how it came to be a place where wedding are now held is so neat. My husband and I didn't need to look any further once we visited, we knew we had to be married there.

Becky, is friendly, professional, and very helpful. The on-site officiate, Sandy, is such a sweet lady. They truly went above and beyond for us on our wedding day. We got married on Memorial Day weekend and it totally down poured, but they were so wonderful and really made everything go so smoothly.

They did a wonderful job setting up all our decorations. Appropriately priced. They have a lot of cool props such as wine barrels, antique wagons, and even a vintage car you can utilize. If you're looking for that ourdoor kind of barn feel, but want it to be classy and stylish, you need to check this place out.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony at Oak HIll, in addition to a "welcome hour" before the ceremony. The grounds of Oak Hill are STUNNING. Seriously, it is like a fairy tale there. Our guests were all so complimentary of such a beautiful, quaint, and unique venue. Becky was great to work with- her and her staff had to change our plans (due to rain) at the last minute and pulled everything off without a hitch! Sandra (Becky's mom) was our officiant.... we absolutely fell in love with her and could not be happier that we chose to have her marry us. We originally thought we would have an outdoor ceremony.... due to incliment weather, the ceremony was moved inside the chapel. WOW. We LOVED the intimate setting of the chapel and are so happy we decided to have it inside. We could not have asked for a better experience! I would recommend Oak Hill to anyone looking for a personal, unique, and intimate event.

Profile Picture Meggan, 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oak Hill was the perfect setting for our wedding. Everywhere you look it is beautiful! We got so many compliments about how pretty our venue was. Becky and her family do a great job! Becky was helpful with planning and all of my questions. They set everything up exactly how I pictured it. Thank you Oak Hill!!

Profile Picture Hillary, 7/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Becky is awesome and made my wedding visions a reality!! She was amazing to work with and her property is stunning!

Profile Picture User3518512, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so lucky to have found Becky and Oakhill! In our wedding search, they were our first and last venue appointment. We fell in love just looking at the website, but were blown away when we first saw Oakhill...and it was in the dead of winter with snow on the ground! The property is breath taking and has so much to offer! There are so many amazing photo opportunities!

We were looking for a laid back, country, romantic feel and Oakhill had it all. From the old school house and country store, to the barn house, and the tent...every area was amazing. The items Becky offered (horse and carriage, vintage car, wagons for gifts and drinks) just added to the rustic/country feel. Our guest are still calling us saying how unique our wedding was and how beautiful the property was!

Becky was great throughout the entire process. She provided us with lots of spreadsheets to help us plan, she also offered a lot of ideas to get us thinking on how to run it all. One thing we loved is that we were able to pick our own vendors (Becky offers tons of suggestions), bring our own decor if we wanted and provide our own alcohol. It made the financial side of the planning a little easier! Becky was very attentive and responsive throughout the entire process. The day of ran very smooth and everything was laid out and set up exactly how I had imagined.

I would recommend Oakhill to any bride looking for a relaxed and unique venue! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture User4141181, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Becky and her staff went above and beyond for our wedding. I had so many guests tell me this was the best wedding they have ever been too. She and her staff had set up everything the way I wanted, I didn't have to worry about a think the day of the wedding. No need for a wedding planner as Becky is the most helpful! She was prompt answering any and all questions I had leading up to the wedding and worked so well with all vendors. Got ready in their beautiful barn house which is beautiful !!! The church...,the reception tent.... All beautiful! Wouldn't have changed a thing about the day! Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oak Hill Farm is the perfect wedding venue! Finding Becky and Oak Hill was a godsend for us. My husband and I are both from Chicago and we wanted to have an outdoor wedding in a relaxing setting. We were very frustrated trying to find a place that was a romantic outdoor setting that wouldn't be a headache to organize since we were planning and paying for the wedding ourselves. We found that and so much more at Oak Hill.

First of all Becky is amazing and our visit to Oak Hill took our breath away even though we visited in the dead of winter. We were welcomed into the beautiful barn and we were blown away by the idea of being able to use the space as a bridal and groom's suite. Becky showed us pictures of past wedding at the farm and I do not believe it is possible to take a bad picture here. It is so gorgeous! When Becky showed us around we were moved by her stories and love for her land and for what she does.

We came to Oak Hill looking for a place to have an outdoor ceremony, and Becky has several options for that. We fell in love with the chapel, though! Becky's family moved the chapel to the farm when her father passed away sand Becky was also the first person to the married in the chapel. We were so moved by the history and the charm of the building that we knew it was the place we wanted to be married.

Planning the wedding was easy with Becky's help. She sent us very organized spreadsheets of all of the options we could choose. It was easy to pick everything we wanted a la carte and then there were no surprises about how much everything would cost. She was also helpful and responsive to any decoration questions. Becky answered all of our emails right away and no questions was too small or too silly.

The day of our wedding was perfect! The church, cocktail hour in front of the school house, and the reception under the tent were perfect! Everyone said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Thank you so much Becky!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/9/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Becky and the staff at Oak Hill took care of everything which allowed the wedding party to relax and enjoy the excitement of the day. The Barnhouse was a truly beautiful location for the bride and her bridesmaids to spend the morning as they got ready. Each room was decorated with amazing character and provided many unique backdrops for our photographer! Becky set up the drinks and snacks for our Welcoming hour before the ceremony, and had calmed our weather concerns with a back up plan if necessary. From the quaint farm setting and the beautiful Chapel ceremony to the antique car and Clydesdale horses, Oak Hill provided the wedding memories our daughter had been dreaming of.

Profile Picture Susan, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oak Hill was the only place my fiance and I could see getting married once we saw it. Everything about the site was picture perfect from the barnhouse to the reception tent to the quaint little white church. We knew right away that there was just no other place that would match our personalities, interests and love for the outdoors. When we arrived for our first meeting with the owner, Becky, we were even more convinced that this place was it. She was so friendly, accomodating and professional along with having great vision and passion for what she does. We had met with other venue coordinators and most seemed to rush us through the process and seem so money hungry. You could tell right away that this site was Becky's whole life and she put everything into it. Not only was she organized and detail-oriented but so quick to reply to each and every tedious email we sent her over the year. She offered suggestions, pictures and examples of how to set things up and gave us several preferred vendors to help us through the process since we did not have a wedding planner. This helped immensely and gave us trust and confidence that she knew what she was doing and each and every vendor had the kindest praise for her.
When our wedding day came she handled each task and issue that came up with great poise and professionalism and made sure everything ran smoothly. Our day was absolutely breathtaking even minus a lot of wind and brisk weather. The site itself has an unimaginable amount of options for photography and the sky has no limits with how you can create it to fit your image of your wedding day. We got so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful and unique the venue was and lots of "How did you find this place??". We hold Oak Hill and Becky in the highest regard and would recommend the site to anyone. Thanks Becky for giving us an unforgettable day!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Theservice and flexibility was fantastic. There were many of your suggestions that we would never have come up with on our own that were incorporated into the day helping to make it seamless and a success.

Profile Picture Bradley, 5/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is the picture perfect place to host any event. Becky and her family are the most amazing people. Everything down to the signature cocktails was perfect for our wedding date. They catered to us and always made sure Matt and I had a smile on our face and that we were happy. We can't wait to host our anniversary party there!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/13/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having my welcome hour (cocktail hour held before the ceremony in lieu of a receiving line. Thanks for the idea, Becky!) and ceremony at Oak Hill is by far the BEST decision I made while planning my wedding. I am still getting compliments from guests saying it was the most beautiful wedding they’ve ever been to, and I give Oak Hill 100% of the credit. The shabby chic, vintage, rustic vibe from Oak Hill can be found nowhere else. The chapel, schoolhouse, country store, and original hay barn make it a unique setting. Working with Becky was so fun and easy. Living in the Chicago land area, I relied heavily on emails when contacting vendors in Galena. Becky always responded back to me quickly and fully answered all of my questions. Sandy, Becky’s mother, was our officiant and did an amazing job. The day of the wedding went so smoothly. Becky and her husband were there to set everything up, greet guests, and even hold my train while walking down the steps to the ceremony (we held ours outside below the barn house in front of the pond). Oak Hill will always hold a very special place in my heart and I will definitely be going back to visit with Becky and Sandy. I have a feeling that I will be attending a wedding there in the future as many of my guests are still raving about Oak Hill’s beauty and even want to hold their own wedding there, too.

Profile Picture Kalin, 7/3/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant, Unique Services (Other)

Our wedding was beautiful. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We were a bit disorganized, but it seemed that they had a program for that. Didn't like paying hourly though, felt pressured for time as we only had 2 hours for our ceremony. Ceremony was at 11:30, guests were afraid they'd get lost. We arrived around 10:30, and our guests began arriving 15 minutes later-despite our rental time being from 11am-1pm. Would recommend at least a 3 hour rental for ceremony only. Also, recommend the horse and carriage. The pictures were awsome, that was the best $150 that we spent on our wedding. Liked that we had the freedom to do what we want, but that freedom also meant a little more work during the planning process. They give you 3 ceremonies to choose from-traditional, contemporary and non-religious......but it you want reading or musicians in there you have to add those in yourself. Recommend against facing your guests during the ceremony. The reason is because the officiant is in almost all of the photographers picture. Highly recommend Oak Hill, but consider the things above.

Profile Picture Desneige, 10/17/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is truly the most exceptional spot to have a country/farm wedding. Becky is so incredibly helpful every step of the way. The chapel could not have been more perfect, the setting was all I dreamt it could be, the staff went above and beyond, and the evening turned out to be one that we still look back and glow about. The setting was so perfect for the best pictures I have ever been in. Becky and everyone that worked with us made it a day that I will never forget!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/23/06, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married at Oak Hill on May 26th, 2013 and couldn't have asked for a better venue. We had rain on the day of our wedding and the wedding coordinator, Becky, was so accommodating and flexible with our change in plans. Despite the rain, she helped to set everything up beautifully and made sure the events ran smoothly.

Sandra, the officiant, did a great officiating our wedding ceremony outside on the lawn behind the barnhouse overlooking the pond. We used the restored barnhouse to get ready and had our placecards in the old schoolhouse. There are endless photo opportunities at Oak Hill and I can't wait to see our wedding photos. Oak Hill will always have a special place in our hearts!

Profile Picture Kate, 5/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Becky did an absolutely great job with making my wedding day a great day. I would recommend Oak Hill to anyone.

Profile Picture Carrie, 9/12/09, 5 Reviews