Oak Hill Weddings Reviews

37 | Apple River, IL

37 Reviews for Oak Hill Weddings

Carissa · Getting married on 09/20/2020

Amazing and flawless

Working with the owner has been the best experience. We are going to meet with her in two weeks.

Sent on 01/24/2019

Oak Hill Weddings's reply:

Carissa! You just made my day! I always, always appreciate a kind review but I haven't even met you yet and to hear that you've enjoyed working with me before even meeting me means a lot. Looking forward to our tour in a couple weeks!
  • Molly

Molly Dvorak · Married on 02/06/2020

A Day to Remember!

It is better late than never, but my husband and I got married here last June. The venue is gorgeous and I was sold when taking our tour. There were no worries or stress working with Becky and her staff. They made the day seamless and one we will never forget!

Sent on 03/29/2020

Oak Hill Weddings's reply:

Hi Molly! Thank you so much for sharing your review. I'm so happy that you loved your wedding day. Best wishes!
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 10/10/2019

Dream Venue

We had our October wedding here, and it was like a fairy tale. It's so naturally beautiful there, and there's so many stunningly gorgeous ceremony locations to choose from. We got married in the chapel and had our reception in the tent. I'm so excited to see all the photographs that we took roaming the grounds. This place is seriously straight out of a story book. Becky was super easy to work with, and I felt confident knowing we had an open line of communication in case I had any questions or concerns. She has tons of experience, and made sure our vision for our wedding day became true. Oh! And the donkeys rule! Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Oak Hill Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Mary! I’m so glad we brought your vision to life. I can’t wait to see the pictures 🙌! You were such a lovely bride - best wishes!
  • Ginta

Ginta · Married on 09/07/2019

Dreams to Reality

Oak Hill was the most breathtaking venue I could have imaged for my wedding. I was never a big wedding girl myself, but this place has everything. Becky runs the whole place like a pro and is truly a sweet angel, full of advice, wonderful tips, life-saving suggestions, killer vendor recommendation, and is the was the most responsive vendor that I had during my entire wedding process (what a relief!) The venue itself has so many opportunities that allow you to customize your wedding day to be the way you want it and it even has free range donkeys! Who doesn't love that!?! My wedding was extremely unusual with plenty of multi-cultural flare and Becky made it work seamlessly. I would recommend this place to anyone with a love a nature, a knack for DIY decorations and a little bit of a creative spirit.
    Would recommend: 1000/10

Sent on 01/02/2020

Oak Hill Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! You and Andrew were a joy to work with and I loved learning about your cultural traditions. I'm glad Earl and JoJo were a hit - they are little heartthrobs!! Please come back and visit on your anniversary or whenever you are in the area. Happy New Year!
  • Lexee

Lexee Guerra · Married on 08/16/2019

Beautiful venue!

The Oak Hill Wedding Venue is absolutely amazing. From the initial walk Becky and her staff were so accommodating, informative, organized, and kind. The venue has something for everybody, from antique cars, horses/donkeys, antique store, rustic barn, an old schoolhouse, the chapel, and the beautiful tent! We were told many times throughout the day by guests how much they love this wedding venue. I can’t recommend this venue enough!!

Sent on 08/24/2019

Oak Hill Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Lexee! Your review means so much to me and our staff at Oak Hill. You had such a beautiful wedding - we will all be talking about it for years to come!
  • Angelia

Angelia · Married on 06/21/2019

Simply Perfect.

2 weeks later I am still coming down from cloud 9. Becky and her entire staff were amazing the day of the wedding and through the planning process. Despite the rain, I could hardly be upset because Becky was so hands on and made sure the day was still picture perfect. Absolutely the best decision I made was choosing Oak Hill. My family and I will be cherishing these memories in this gorgeous venue for years to come!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Oak Hill Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! You and Rhys were a joy to work with! My entire team commented on how in love the two of you are. Come back to take anniversary photos!

Linda · Married on 07/15/2018

My husband and I got married at Oak Hill on 7/15/18 and everything about the venue was perfect! Becky and her crew are so amazing to work with. I had tons of questions leading up to the big day and Becky was super responsive. She also sends a ton of planning tools and a vendor list, which is helpful if you aren't from the area. About 2 weeks before the wedding, I turned in an excel spreadsheet basically outlining everything and the team at Oak Hill set it all up (and took it all down the next morning for us to pick up). The property is gorgeous and there are various areas that you can set up the way you want (Country Store, Schoolhouse, etc.). There are props you can borrow for free or for a small fee too. Overall, if you are looking for a beautiful outdoor wedding location with so many opportunities for creative and fun ideas, Oak Hill is perfect and you will not be disappointed by Becky and her team...they are super professional and organized and if there is something that went wrong that day, I couldn't tell!

P.S. One thing I would suggest is if you are not providing guests with transportation to and from the venue (which I did not), remind them to have some kind of map accessible because the internet reception is not the best (which is awesome in my opinion, though). Also, let the donkeys roam around, all of my guests loved them :)

Sent on 08/20/2018

Oak Hill Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Linda! I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear that you were so impressed with Oak Hill. Best wishes to you and Roger! Come back next year for anniversary photos!

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

My husband and I got married here in September of 2017. It was the perfect day and Becky and her crew were amazing to work with. They made sure everything ran smoothly and had all of our decorations and props in the correct places. I felt so calm and relaxed on my wedding day knowing that Becky and team had everything under control. I highly recommend Oak Hill!

Sent on 04/01/2018

Oak Hill Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Sarah! I'm so pleased to read your review. I hope all is well!

Joselyn · Married on 09/15/2017

We had our wedding on September 15th 2017. It was the perfect day. Leading up to the wedding Becky (the owner) was a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful when answering questions and brainstorming ideas with me. She was very accommodating to ideas that were outside the norm. The grounds were well kept and it was wonderful that the staff did the set up and tear down for us. We got so many compliments on our venue. The venue allows you to bring in all your own vendors so that really lets you make your wedding your own. We brought up our caterer from the Rockford area. We brought everything from plates to our center pieces. (They do have a suggested vendor list if you are not a DIY person). Overall we had a perfect day and could have not done it without Oak Hill. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Oak Hill Weddings's reply:

Joselyn, it was a pleasure working with you as well! Thank for the kind words and for sharing your experience at Oak Hill. Best wishes!

We are getting married at Oak Hill Weddings next September. Becky has already worked with us SO MUCH! I can't wait to get married here, It is so beautiful!

Sent on 02/22/2015

Katie · Married on 09/11/2016

I got married at Oak Hill this past September and was so happy with everything. Becky is very organized and accommodating. The property is beautiful and all of our guests are still talking about how unique and fun our venue was! We are so happy we decided to chose Oak Hill for our wedding :) Thank you so much to Becky and your team at Oak Hill!!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Katelyn · Married on 08/27/2016

Becky at Oak Hill Farm is one of the most pleasant people to work with in planning a wedding. Oak Hill handles the whole setup and tear down of your decor although the natural asthetic of the venue is decor in itself! Becky also has great recommendations for other vendors to complete the wedding with utmost simplicity. Our wedding will be talked about for years and we did it all for about the price of renting a local union hall with none of the "do-it-yourself" setup. We paid a little more for this venue but it included so many money and time saving features that the extra expense easily paid for itself. We loved Oak Hill and would recommend it highly.

Sent on 09/16/2016

Ali · Married on 09/19/2015

Not only is Oak Hill the dreamiest of dreamy when it comes to a a more rustic and natural wedding, but the Oak Hill team is phenomenal as well. Coordinator Becky was so easy to work with- she answered all our questions, her communication and needs of us were streamlined, she was very flexible, and super relaxed (which made me by default feel very comfortable and at ease). The property was flawless, the day ran so smoothly, and our guests had a blast. Becky's mom Sandy officiated our ceremony, and like her daughter, she was so well-prepared, easy to work with, and did a great job. Oak Hill will not disappoint!!!

Sent on 11/30/2015
  • leigh-ann

leigh-ann · Married on 09/18/2015

Becky was so great! We had down pouring rain all day on our wedding day and they helped adjust our entire schedule to still make our wedding day beautiful. Our guests loved the location, it was beautiful.even in the storms! I wish i could do it all over again...maybe a little less rain!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Adrienne · Married on 07/19/2015

I appreciated all the help the venue provided - they answered all my questions, were willing to give us a 2nd site visit, provided checklists to complete so we knew exactly what we needed and everyone was on the same page, and provided a day-of-coordinator.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Colleen · Married on 06/27/2015

Oak Hill was absolutely our wedding dream come true. It is really hard to put into words how wonderful this place is and list the many reasons why but I will try.
    To begin, the grounds are absolutely magnificent- unlike any other venue out there. The grass is well kept and plush green which provides the perfect canvas for so many beautiful photos. The multiple buildings on the grounds are well kept and look freshly painted. Between the time we booked the venue and actually had the wedding (about a year and a half) I swear they added new things and did more work on the grounds. They always seemed to be improving something. The barn where you can get ready is absolutely adorable and provided a perfect starting place to get dressed and have a snack/refresh after pictures and before the ceremony. The outdoor reception tent was so perfect and fit our rather large wedding of about 150 very comfortably. With this crazy summer wedding it was nice to know the tent comes with the availability to put the walls down if there is unfavorable weather. We used the chapel for our wedding ceremony and it was beautiful- nice and simple. You can totally decorate it up or just leave it plain and simple. No need to do much in the chapel or on these grounds- they have cute things EVERYWHERE. Chandalier hanging from the tree, polaroid style frame for pictures, rustic signs, wagons for serving dessert and beverages, lanterns, you name it they got it!
    Becky is what really makes the whole thing come together though. None of the beauty and ease of putting it together would be possible without her experience and wonderful customer service. She was always organized, available and attentive to our calls and emails and even let us roam the property as we got closer to the day and needed measurements, etc. I couldn't more highly recommend this venue or Becky and her staff. People are complimenting our venue even weeks later and the pictures came out PHENOMENAL. You have to see this place!

Sent on 07/17/2015
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 05/24/2015

Where do I begin to explain how amazing this venue is?.. The moment we began our tour of this place we completely fell in love with it. Not only is it a beautiful location with a ton to offer, but the history behind how it came to be a place where wedding are now held is so neat. My husband and I didn't need to look any further once we visited, we knew we had to be married there.

Becky, is friendly, professional, and very helpful. The on-site officiate, Sandy, is such a sweet lady. They truly went above and beyond for us on our wedding day. We got married on Memorial Day weekend and it totally down poured, but they were so wonderful and really made everything go so smoothly.

They did a wonderful job setting up all our decorations. Appropriately priced. They have a lot of cool props such as wine barrels, antique wagons, and even a vintage car you can utilize. If you're looking for that ourdoor kind of barn feel, but want it to be classy and stylish, you need to check this place out.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Meggan · Married on 08/23/2014

We had our ceremony at Oak HIll, in addition to a "welcome hour" before the ceremony. The grounds of Oak Hill are STUNNING. Seriously, it is like a fairy tale there. Our guests were all so complimentary of such a beautiful, quaint, and unique venue. Becky was great to work with- her and her staff had to change our plans (due to rain) at the last minute and pulled everything off without a hitch! Sandra (Becky's mom) was our officiant.... we absolutely fell in love with her and could not be happier that we chose to have her marry us. We originally thought we would have an outdoor ceremony.... due to incliment weather, the ceremony was moved inside the chapel. WOW. We LOVED the intimate setting of the chapel and are so happy we decided to have it inside. We could not have asked for a better experience! I would recommend Oak Hill to anyone looking for a personal, unique, and intimate event.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Hillary · Married on 07/19/2014

Oak Hill was the perfect setting for our wedding. Everywhere you look it is beautiful! We got so many compliments about how pretty our venue was. Becky and her family do a great job! Becky was helpful with planning and all of my questions. They set everything up exactly how I pictured it. Thank you Oak Hill!!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Becky is awesome and made my wedding visions a reality!! She was amazing to work with and her property is stunning!

Sent on 07/27/2014

We were so lucky to have found Becky and Oakhill! In our wedding search, they were our first and last venue appointment. We fell in love just looking at the website, but were blown away when we first saw Oakhill...and it was in the dead of winter with snow on the ground! The property is breath taking and has so much to offer! There are so many amazing photo opportunities!

We were looking for a laid back, country, romantic feel and Oakhill had it all. From the old school house and country store, to the barn house, and the tent...every area was amazing. The items Becky offered (horse and carriage, vintage car, wagons for gifts and drinks) just added to the rustic/country feel. Our guest are still calling us saying how unique our wedding was and how beautiful the property was!

Becky was great throughout the entire process. She provided us with lots of spreadsheets to help us plan, she also offered a lot of ideas to get us thinking on how to run it all. One thing we loved is that we were able to pick our own vendors (Becky offers tons of suggestions), bring our own decor if we wanted and provide our own alcohol. It made the financial side of the planning a little easier! Becky was very attentive and responsive throughout the entire process. The day of ran very smooth and everything was laid out and set up exactly how I had imagined.

I would recommend Oakhill to any bride looking for a relaxed and unique venue! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/31/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/24/2014

Becky and her staff went above and beyond for our wedding. I had so many guests tell me this was the best wedding they have ever been too. She and her staff had set up everything the way I wanted, I didn't have to worry about a think the day of the wedding. No need for a wedding planner as Becky is the most helpful! She was prompt answering any and all questions I had leading up to the wedding and worked so well with all vendors. Got ready in their beautiful barn house which is beautiful !!! The church...,the reception tent.... All beautiful! Wouldn't have changed a thing about the day! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 07/10/2014
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/09/2013

Oak Hill Farm is the perfect wedding venue! Finding Becky and Oak Hill was a godsend for us. My husband and I are both from Chicago and we wanted to have an outdoor wedding in a relaxing setting. We were very frustrated trying to find a place that was a romantic outdoor setting that wouldn't be a headache to organize since we were planning and paying for the wedding ourselves. We found that and so much more at Oak Hill.

First of all Becky is amazing and our visit to Oak Hill took our breath away even though we visited in the dead of winter. We were welcomed into the beautiful barn and we were blown away by the idea of being able to use the space as a bridal and groom's suite. Becky showed us pictures of past wedding at the farm and I do not believe it is possible to take a bad picture here. It is so gorgeous! When Becky showed us around we were moved by her stories and love for her land and for what she does.

We came to Oak Hill looking for a place to have an outdoor ceremony, and Becky has several options for that. We fell in love with the chapel, though! Becky's family moved the chapel to the farm when her father passed away sand Becky was also the first person to the married in the chapel. We were so moved by the history and the charm of the building that we knew it was the place we wanted to be married.

Planning the wedding was easy with Becky's help. She sent us very organized spreadsheets of all of the options we could choose. It was easy to pick everything we wanted a la carte and then there were no surprises about how much everything would cost. She was also helpful and responsive to any decoration questions. Becky answered all of our emails right away and no questions was too small or too silly.

The day of our wedding was perfect! The church, cocktail hour in front of the school house, and the reception under the tent were perfect! Everyone said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! Thank you so much Becky!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Susan · Married on 06/01/2013

Becky and the staff at Oak Hill took care of everything which allowed the wedding party to relax and enjoy the excitement of the day. The Barnhouse was a truly beautiful location for the bride and her bridesmaids to spend the morning as they got ready. Each room was decorated with amazing character and provided many unique backdrops for our photographer! Becky set up the drinks and snacks for our Welcoming hour before the ceremony, and had calmed our weather concerns with a back up plan if necessary. From the quaint farm setting and the beautiful Chapel ceremony to the antique car and Clydesdale horses, Oak Hill provided the wedding memories our daughter had been dreaming of.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Megan · Married on 05/11/2013

Oak Hill was the only place my fiance and I could see getting married once we saw it. Everything about the site was picture perfect from the barnhouse to the reception tent to the quaint little white church. We knew right away that there was just no other place that would match our personalities, interests and love for the outdoors. When we arrived for our first meeting with the owner, Becky, we were even more convinced that this place was it. She was so friendly, accomodating and professional along with having great vision and passion for what she does. We had met with other venue coordinators and most seemed to rush us through the process and seem so money hungry. You could tell right away that this site was Becky's whole life and she put everything into it. Not only was she organized and detail-oriented but so quick to reply to each and every tedious email we sent her over the year. She offered suggestions, pictures and examples of how to set things up and gave us several preferred vendors to help us through the process since we did not have a wedding planner. This helped immensely and gave us trust and confidence that she knew what she was doing and each and every vendor had the kindest praise for her.
    When our wedding day came she handled each task and issue that came up with great poise and professionalism and made sure everything ran smoothly. Our day was absolutely breathtaking even minus a lot of wind and brisk weather. The site itself has an unimaginable amount of options for photography and the sky has no limits with how you can create it to fit your image of your wedding day. We got so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful and unique the venue was and lots of "How did you find this place??". We hold Oak Hill and Becky in the highest regard and would recommend the site to anyone. Thanks Becky for giving us an unforgettable day!

Sent on 05/13/2013