NYIT de Seversky Mansion Reviews

NYIT de Seversky Mansion 7
  • X

Xandra · Married on 06/02/2012

Dearest Gabrielle & Damien:

Well, where should we begin? We can't express enough our gratitude for taking of us - in making our day absolutely wonderful. You and the entire de Seversky team worked with me every step of the way! There was no request that went unfulfilled. You've exceeded all our expectations. Thank you for making this wedding a dream come true. It was absolutely perfect!

The mansion & the Staff: The grounds were breathtaking, the ballroom was absolutely beautiful and the cocktail rooms were the perfect setting for an elaborate cocktail hour. The service can only be described as impeccable, perfection! Every guest enjoyed and mentioned that the staff took care of them. Every person who worked that day was absolutely delightful and helpful. We have to commend Damien for taking care of us. There are no words to describe our gratitude. You've made us feel so special. Thank you for making our day absolutely PERFECT.
    The food: Our guests raved about how much food and drinks were offered during the cocktail hour. Many guests could not believe that after that opulent cocktail hour a full meal was served and the DESSERT cafe was to die for!!!
    I would like to thank you, Gabrielle and Damien and the whole de Seversky staff for making our day absolutely beautiful. These memories will always be embedded in our hearts. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

Sent on 06/11/2012
  • Verzhine Owens

Verzhine · Married on 05/04/2012

We were completely bowled over by the tremendous job that the entire staff of the De Seversky Mansion did to make our wedding day the most wonderful day of our lives. Everything exceeded all our expectations. The day went smoothly and better than planned, and a great deal of that was due to the mansion and its team.

We knew we wanted to have our wedding at the De Seversky Mansion from the day we toured it. Grand, beautiful and old, we imagined instantly a Gatsbyesque 1920s party with all of our friends and family.

Cocktail hour would be in the Library, the light-filled Terrace Room and on the sprawling grounds: great green lawns, a huge stone patio and views of a small lake and a perimeter of trees.

Dinner would take place in a large dining room with half the tables under a glass enclosure on the patio.

And dancing would be in the Ballroom, a huge room with dark wood paneling, a fireplace and large, low-hanging chandeliers. The Library and Terrace Room would be open again for those guests tired of dancing, who could sit and have coffee and dessert, or drinks.

Eric Redlich (assisted by Gabrielle Dubey) at the mansion worked with us and was completely professional and hospitable. Every party is different, to be sure, but we had some unique requests, not the least of which was to have almost half the menu items made vegan.

To this, as to everything, they responded affirmatively and enthusiastically. Guided by a favorite cookbook, the talented chefs made dishes that not only held up next to their regular fare, but were in most cases better than anything at the best vegan restaurants in NYC. Most of our guests were not vegan (the groom was), but they completely loved all the food.

Eric and Gabrielle worked extremely hard to make sure we were satisfied with every step of the process. They kept reiterating that they knew this day was important to us and that we needed to be happy. We weren’t difficult, and we never would have had to have been: they took care of everything.

Stated frankly, with the De Seversky Mansion, the venue and catering were the easiest part of our wedding planning.

And the day was spectacular. We were blessed with sunshine and warm weather the first weekend of May. Our 175 guests were ready to party. The mansion, the decor, our guests’ outfits: it felt like a night out of time.

Roger, the maître d’, and Damian, a service manager, were amazing. They attended to us all night and made sure we didn’t want for anything. They thought of what we might need before we needed it. There was no time to think about anything and Roger thought about it for us.

The entire service staff impressed our guests with their hospitality. A spirit of excellence has infected the mansion. There was no lack of smiles and every want was answered. Cocktail hour, dinner and dancing all flowed so easily, opulently, memorably.

The food was remarkable. It was really good, and not just good for wedding food. And there was a lot of it.

I want to commend Eric, Gabrielle, Chef Robert Rizzuto and the entire staff for helping to make our wedding more special than we ever imagined.

And to you, the Internet, I highly recommend the De Seversky Mansion for your wedding or special event.

Reilly and Verzhine
    May 4th, 2012

Sent on 05/23/2012
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 04/27/2012

It was always my dream to get married at my own private castle and that's exactly what de Seversky is. From the moment we pulled up I knew it was the place for me. It is exquisite. It is a unique, memorable place for any event! Our day was magical. The service was top notch! Our guests could not believe that they literally never had an empty glass. The food was outstanding- one thing was better than the next. And the mansion is just stunning. You will literally feel as if you are de Seversky's #1 concern. All of the staff that we worked with- Eric and Gabrielle- were fantastic. The possibilities are literally endless, they will go above and beyond and customize anything and everything to make you happy. So many people have told us that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been too. de Seversky will truly make your wedding a day you will never forget!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Janet and Robert · Married on 03/31/2012

Everyone at DeSeversky was professional, warm and truly cared about making my daughter and her new husband's wedding perfect, and they succeeded! Ytala, Gabrielle, Eric and the entire serving staff were delightful and competent.My entire family love love, loves Roger and Damien, our maitre'ds. They gave 110% to every detail, every minute of, our affair. Nothing was too much (90 year old grandparents included!). They thought of things that we didn't to make every aspect of the wedding beyond our expectations. Beside the fact that they are true professionals and very attentive to every detail, they are loving, caring individuals who let us know with a smile or a nod that they wanted our daughter and son-in-law's wedding to be the best.
    We've had so many compliments from family and friends saying the wedding,food and service was fantastic! The setting was exquisite. We felt as if we had gone back to the Gold Coast Gatsby days.
    We highly recommend DeSeversky to anyone who wants a wedding that is truly special, elegant,and has delicious food presented beautifully in a unique setting.

Sent on 04/10/2012

James · Married on 03/24/2012

This is a fantastic wedding venue. One guest after another told us that this was one of the most beautiful wedding venues they had ever seen. It’s also incredibly well maintained, so the original glory of the mansion has remained and will for the foreseeable future. The food was also excellent, from the Dim Sum bar at the reception to the short ribs, duck, and butternut squash ravioli at the reception. But really, the highlight of the place is the staff. Even before the day of the wedding, the planning was as hassle-free as could possibly be imagined. Gabrielle, the coordinator, promptly and patiently answered each question I sent her, no matter how silly or trivial. I could tell that everything was being taken care of. On the day, Roger, the maître d’, ensured that we were taken care of from start to finish that day. My wife and her family arrived for makeup and brought bagels. Roger made sure they were laid out (literally) on a silver platter. I arrived with my brother later on and kept asking him silly questions. He bore them sagely and reassured me, at each turn, that I needn’t worry about anything. He was right. An offhand question about the mini-beef Wellington hors d'oeuvres resulted in a plate of them just a minute later. A subtle comment from Roger that our food was on the table ensured that we had a chance (unusual among brides and grooms) to eat. But what surpassed all of that, even, was when you offered to drive back some of the things we had accidentally left at the mansion. Everything went off without a hitch. We couldn’t have been happier.

Sent on 05/31/2012

Michael · Married on 10/28/2011

After visiting over 15 locations on Long Island, deSeversky was the obvious choice to go with. Elegant, Classy, the most attentive and professional people without feeling pressure and a sense of tackiness that most of the other wedding factories on Long Island feel. The staff is all yours the day of your event and cater to your every need in the most The mansion feels lilke home and the staff make you feel amazing and that the day is all about you, with no attitude, nothing rushed, and they will make your day magical just like ours. Location and food is honestly the best on long island, noone has food and service like deSeversky. I look forwad to going back for annivesaries and family parties in the future, the mansion is simply perfection.

Sent on 11/14/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 10/22/2011

Our ceremony and reception at the de Seversky Mansion could not have been more wonderful. It was our dream wedding; the gorgeous environment (inside and out) fantastic food, and the attentive, friendly, and approachable staff. Our guests could not stop talking about how great our wedding was and we will never forget how special we felt from the moment we booked to moment our wedding was over. The sales reps and wedding coordinators could not have been more helpful. Any questions we had a long the way, they were available to answer and any minor concerns we had they were there to reassure us. They were so flexible, respectful and fulfilling towards our requests and really made us feel like it was our home that we were hosting out wedding at. We would recommend the de Seversky Mansion to anyone whose looking for a wedding venue or anything else to have a celebration for. We are already trying to figure out what we can host there next! Thank you to everyone there as each staff member had a hand in making our wedding the best it could be!

Sent on 11/07/2011

Christina · Married on 10/01/2011

I used de Seversky for my October wedding, we chose a European style reception. We had various parts of our evening hosted in different rooms in the mansion (I had about 150 guests). I really had a fantastic experience and received a ton of compliments from our guests. Damian was a fantastic Maitre'd and it was a pleasure having him work our event. Eric was great to work with during our decision process and planning. We chose de Seversky b/c we thought it was unique venue, the estate was beautiful, and we had heard great reviews about the food. I really enjoyed the European style experience and thought it was fun for our guests as well. I didn’t get to eat much at my wedding, but the food I did try was very good and our guests had great things to say about it as well. The service was very professional and warm as well throughout our day. I would recommend this venue for a wedding size under or around 150 people, and for bride/grooms that aren’t looking for a traditional/standard wedding. This place is charming and warm and looks beautiful at night and during the day. I also used some of their recommended house vendors and they were great as well. I hope de Seversky keeps its charm in years to come!

Sent on 11/09/2011

KATE · Married on 09/23/2011

I was worried with the weather being that it was pouring on our wedding day but Eric & Damon assured us that the wedding would be perfect which it was. We have received rave reviews from guests and family that the food was amazing. Everyone was so impressed with the mansion and loved the fact that it was a free flowing wedding - getting comments like "best wedding I have ever been to" from many guests. Mike & I couldnt have asked for more

Sent on 09/27/2011

Colleen · Married on 09/18/2011

First of all, the venue speaks for itself. It is gorgeous, decaent, and unique. My guests were in awe from the moment they pulled up the drive to the beautifully manicured gardens and elegant decor.
    Then on top of that, the service is stellar. Damien, my maitre'd, managed the event with such professionalism and ease all the while giving me the personal attention and preparation I needed.
    The planning process was remarkably smooth. Every call or email I put through to Melissa or any of the banquet staff were attend to within hours.
    I was living out of town for 7 out of the 16 months of my planning process and I was never stressed or concerned that things weren't being taken care of.
    I hope I can hold an event at the DeSeversky again someday. It was truly a magical evening.

Sent on 10/21/2011

Amanda · Married on 09/04/2011

Everything about this place is fantastic; the venue, the food, the service, the staff. I did not have to stress about one thing when planning my wedding with the De Seversky which I am told is usually unheard of! The planning process was simple and the actual day could not have gone any better. Our guests all had a great time and so did we!

Sent on 09/20/2011

Eileen · Married on 08/07/2011

We couldn't be happier with the service, food, staff and professionalism at the DeSeversky Mansion. Roger, our Maitre D and Dwight, the leading bartender were instrumental in making our wedding reception elegant, stress-free and wonderful. Eric Redlich of sales was most responsive and accomodating. A+ all around!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Stephanie · Married on 07/29/2011

All I have to say is WOW. If you have the option of having your wedding at the de Seversky Mansion, I highly suggest that you do. I had my wedding there in July and it was the most amazing night of my life. My guests raved about the food, the staff were so polite and professional and sweet, the mansion itself is to die for, and the drinks were free flowing! The mansion staff were even able to provide an unusual specialty cocktail for all my guests. Amazing!!! This place is just wonderful and there are not enough superlatives available to describe it. HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE!!!

Sent on 08/21/2011

Caitlyn · Married on 06/17/2011

We had an absolutely amazing wedding :) From the moment we arrived to the time we left we were well taken care of. Roger and Damien were very attentive to our every need the day of. They made us feel at ease the entire night even when skies opened up and never let up. I never had to worry about a thing. They were extremely flexible and willing to relocate our ceremony at the drop of a hat if the weather cleared up.
    Eric was absolutely fantastic to work with during the whole planning process. As a long- distance bride it was great to work with someone who was willing to do everything over the internet or meet at my convenience when I was home. The entire night definitely exceeded our expectations. Our friends and families are still raving about the entire night.
    The food was absolutely delicious. We had a lot of out of town guests who could not believe the food. De Seversky definitely did a fabulous job showing them what a New York wedding is all about.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2011

We had such a wonderful time at deSeversky! Melissa was wonderful for the 16 months leading up to our wedding and really made sure we had everything we wanted and more for our wedding. Roger and Damien made sure everything ran flawlessly during the reception. We couldn't be happier with our choice!

Sent on 05/07/2011

tara · Married on 03/19/2011

Our wedding at the de Seversky Mansion was the most spectactular, beautiful and amazing event ever. We wanted the WOW factor and certainly received it. From the minute you pull up and see the mansion and the grounds it will take your breathe away! Everyone cannot stop talking about how personal and unique the wedding was. We had our pictures up all over the mansion to make it look like it was our home. Everyone could go from room to room and try all of the amazing food and the ballroom with all the flowers was just amazing! Roger and Damian took such good care of us that day and Melissa was always available if we hd questions about anything and made sure our day ran so smooth.
    We were able to enjoy every minute of our wedding and it was so much more than I ever dreamed of, I cannot recommend the de Seversky Mansion to host your wedding enough, it truley was an amazing event!

Tara & Jimmy
    March 19, 2011

Sent on 04/06/2011

Alicia · Married on 10/16/2010

Every single person at de Seversky went above and beyond, especially Eric (sales) and Roger (maitre d). Our wedding was almost three weeks ago and it was smooth, completely beautiful and so fun! We had a number of opinionated family members helping plan the wedding, with many special requests, but de Seversky treated us as if we were their family. This is a staff that completely eliminates the need for a wedding coordinator! The food is excellent, the site is impeccable and the professionalism is unmatched.

Sent on 11/03/2010

Kate · Married on 10/15/2010

Absolutely gorgeous. The last thing I wanted while planning my wedding was a standard catering hall. I got exactly what I was looking for in the de Seversky Center. The setting is picturesque, the ballroom elegant but warm and inviting. We had 120 guests for a traditional seated dinner and dancing and it didn't feel crowded at all (though many of the older guests didn't dance. I don't know that I would push it much more than 130) I had my heart set on getting married outside on the patio, but when a nor'easter derailed those plans the staff had in minutes organized a beautiful alternative in the atrium with dozens of candles around the room - I now couldn't imagine it any other way. Melissa was endlessly accomodating and responsive throughout the planning process. Damien (the maitre'D) had things taken care of before I even had a chance to ask. I didn't even realize that I forgot to ask my maid of honor to add the fresh flowers from the florist to the cake when the baker delivered it and never found out who ended up actually doing it, but they looked beautiful - so much better that what I had planned. I had considered hiring a day-of planner but am SO glad I didn't waste the money - they are completely on top of things. I didn't really have a chance to eat but loved everything at the tasting and am told the food that day was excellent. My guests still comment on what a wonderful time they had and for many, that it's the best wedding they have ever been to. In all of my pictures everyone, even those in the background, are smiling and laughing - I can't ask for a better endorsement than that.

Sent on 10/29/2011
  • O

Olga · Married on 10/03/2010

AMAZING...AMAZING...AMAZING! DeSeversky made my wedding day a magical event. Their staff are so incredible that you will be in great hands if you have your wedding here. I have nothing but positive things to say about this venue, their staff, their flexibility, and best of all their OUT OF THIS WORLD food! My guests are still ranting and raving about how fantastic everything was! Pass on the catering hall and have your wedding at De Seversky! You will NEVER EVER regret your decision!

Sent on 10/22/2010

Greg · Married on 06/26/2010

We celebrated our wedding on June 26th of 2010. Plain and simple, the de Seversky center was just excellent. Our guests, family, and friends keep telling us what a great party it was. The food was like being at a top restaurant in NYC and the flexibility, professionalism, and kindness of the staff was evident from the minute that we first looked at the mansion. If you are looking for an extremely elegant wedding at a reasonable price, with a no hassle atmosphere and a staff who makes an already stressful time much less stressful, this is your place. 5 stars all the way.

Sent on 08/18/2010

kate · Married on 06/05/2010

This venue is one of the most amazing and relatively unknown on Long Island.

Our guests were amazed by the beauty of the setting and couldn't say enough about the food. I couldn't wait for the guests to arrive, and make that turn into the driveway and see the amazing mansion that awaits them. Its absolutely breathtaking.

We were so beyond happy with everything that was done for us. Melissa had been a pleasure to work with in the months leading up to the wedding, always quick to answer my questions and help with suggestions. Rodger and Damien were amazing - anticipating our every need and subtly asking us for direction on any questions as things progressed.

I highly highly recommend this venue if you are looking for elegance and class.

Sent on 06/06/2010

JoAnna · Married on 02/20/2010

The de Seversky Center is the perfect place to celebrate if you are looking for a classy event. The service was perfect. I felt like a princess in a mansion. The bridal suite and grounds are perfect for pictures, even in the winter. After we arrived from our church ceremony, I was able to sit back and relax because I knew the staff had everything under control. The food was delicious and abundant. I am so happy we had our wedding reception at the deSeversky center.

Sent on 03/01/2010

David · Married on 01/23/2010

NYIT de Serversky Center provided the dream wedding our daughter always imagined. Melissa, Roger and Damian all went out of their way to ensure the evening was flawless. This was without a doubt a five star wedding all around.

Sent on 01/27/2010

Laura · Married on 10/03/2009

It was amazing working with the staff at the de Seversky Center. The planning was a breeze with the help of Eric and the wedding was a huge success thanks to Anthony and the rest of the team. I have heard nothing but wonderful things from all of our guests (they especially loved the food!)

Sent on 10/08/2009

Angela · Married on 09/27/2009

Everything was absolutely perfect! Everyone was wonderful to deal with any even had last minute accommodations when the rain stopped! Thanks to everyone and I highly recommend having your wedding there!

Sent on 12/14/2009