NYIT de Seversky Mansion Reviews

154 Reviews for NYIT de Seversky Mansion

154 NYIT de Seversky Mansion Reviews
  • arorapower2018

Lindsey · Married on 09/15/2018

A gorgeous venue with top-notch staff!

With my side from Maryland, his side from Queens/LI/New Jersey, and most of our friends from the Tri-State area, it just made sense to get married in NY. Engaged in May 2017, we knew we wanted June or September of 2018 and narrowed down our venue selections for visits. After visiting de Seversky, we went to another Jersey City venue, but we could not stop thinking about the mansion. After making sure it checked off all the boxes, we brought my parents to the venue and they saw how much we loved it, so we booked it for 9/15/18!

With what we thought was going to be a wedding for 220 (we ended up with about 180), they were hesitant that the space was going to be too crowded or the flow from room to room was going to be strange, but it was exactly everything I could have hoped for!

My planner, Leah Weinberg of Color Pop Events, and Rocio Morello worked together seamlessly from what I saw and Rocio or Jessica was always there with a quick answer to a question I emailed in. The team at the mansion was top-notch, super professional, and my Dad was quite impressed with our tasting event, which was delicious (get the sea bass!).

On the day-of, the bridal attendant team, maitre'd, and his staff were amazing, always inquiring if we were in need of anything and gently working through the timeline and getting people to the different rooms of the mansion as the night progressed from cocktails, to dinner in the dining room and atrium, to dancing in the ballroom.

As soon as we stepped on campus at NYIT, we fell in love with de Seversky. Nothing else could come close and throughout the whole process, we felt genuinely cared for. Our guests had the most amazing time on the most gorgeous September evening and for that I am extremely grateful for everyone’s hard-work to make our day so special. Thank you!

NYIT de Seversky Mansion 1
    NYIT de Seversky Mansion 2
    NYIT de Seversky Mansion 3

Allison · Married on 06/09/2018

After our first meeting with Taylor (no longer with de Seversky) in January 2018 we knew we wanted de Seversky to be our wedding venue. It is a gorgeous venue! We wanted a Saturday wedding in the summer 2018. The only two dates available were June 9th and a Saturday in August. Even with less than six months to plan our wedding, we decided on the June 9th date. We chose a gatsby-style reception (attended stations, instead of a sit-down dinner), but with traditional style seating. We had approximately 115 guests.

Towards the end of our planning, Taylor left de Seversky and we worked with Rocio. Rocio met with us and made the transition seamless. She answered all of our questions and was incredibly helpful in the weeks leading up to our wedding.

Many of our guests commented that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to and that the food was excellent. I highly recommend the gatsy-style reception -- your guests have so many more food choices and allows them to socialize by walking around the mansion.

It goes without saying that Jose did a terrific job as our Maitre D'. He ensured that every detail was executed flawlessly.
    Just before we were introduced at the reception, Jose noticed that my husband had some makeup on the shoulder of his tuxedo and cleaned it off just in time for our introduction.

My bridal attendant, Kimi, did such an amazing. She went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and to ensure our day went smoothly. My garter slid off at the beginning of the night, Kimi held onto it, sewed it to the right size, and gave it back to me right before the garter toss.

We highly recommend de Seversky for any event!

Jessica · Married on 05/12/2018

Our wedding was Saturday May 12th, 2018 at the de Seversky Mansion, and it was truly everything we ever could have wanted and beyond! My husband and I had never heard of this venue before starting our research, but when we pulled up to visit in March 2017, we knew right away this was a very special place. This was the first venue we toured and the only one we truly seriously considered. The class, grace, and elegance of the mansion itself, the grounds, and the staff is unmatched. We worked closely with Rocio from start to finish - she is the definition of a patient, organized, and knowledgable sales and event professional! She was incredibly responsive to us, along with our families, and was extremely timely and thorough in all communication. We were so pleased to work with her and we also had the good fortune to communicate with other members of the deSeversky staff throughout our planning process and on the day of the wedding - all of whom were just as awesome (the chef, the amazing maitre'Ds - Jose and Jackie, my lovely bridal attendant Kim, among several others). This made all the difference on our big day, and during the months and days leading up to the wedding, as we knew we could count on them to answer any questions quickly and thoroughly. If you can, be sure to attend the Bridal Show at the venue - this was our first time sampling the venue's food and we were blown away. This is not typical wedding food! It was clear from everything we tried at the Bridal Show and from our tasting, which we did in January 2018, that the level of technique, expertise, and sophistication the chef brings to the table is well beyond anything we could have asked for. virtually ALL of our requests for specifics were met and exceeded. Everything from the bridal suite, to the enclosed glass room for indoor ceremonies, to the grand piano, to the fountains, to the incredible landscaping, to the proximity to the city and our other vendors made this our perfect venue.

Shana · Married on 04/27/2018

I got married on 4/27 and it was a everything I could have ever dreamed of. Rocio, Jackie, Melissa and the rest of the De Seversky team were absolutely amazing. My husband and I felt like VIP's and my vision was executed better than I could have ever imagined. If anything did go wrong to this day I still dont know about it. Our guest are still talking about the amazing food and how beautiful the mansion was. My wedding was perfect thanks the the De Seversky team.

Katherine · Married on 12/09/2017

We cannot say enough wonderful things about the Deseversky Mansion and their staff.

We looked at quite a few venues on Long Island and our vision kept bringing us back to this mansion. Actually, from our first visit there I felt it was the only venue where I wanted our wedding reception to take place. It is a step back in time with beautiful interior and grounds- even in the winter.

Although our guest list was at the max for this venue, we decided to go with it and slightly adjust our numbers. We planned the European style reception and it was a huge success with our guests, many of whom had never experienced this type of reception.

During the planning stages of our wedding, Jessica and Rocio were extremely accessible and responsive to any and all of our questions. They were easy to collaborate with and were open to new ideas to fit our needs.

When wedding day arrived, the dependable staff at DS impressed us even more. Jackie and her team ran the reception to what I would call perfection, and it showed. My family and I were put at ease and could enjoy the entire day because the DS team was so helpful, punctual, and controlled the entire behind-the-scenes seamlessly. They were true professionals that made our event happen and really cared that it was our dream day.

If we had to do our wedding over, we wouldn’t change a thing and we would come right back to this venue and staff. Thank you Jessica, Rocio, Jackie, and Team! You are the dream team!

Christiana · Married on 09/09/2017

I had my wedding at the de Seversky Mansion in September and could not have been happier! The staff is amazing! They could not have been more accommodating! If you have your wedding there you will not be disappointed. I think that it truly is a hidden gem. My guests are still talking about how incredible everything was. If you want a venue that is not your typical catering hall affair than this is the place for you! The food is excellent and restaurant quality. They will work with you to create any menu you want. They also allowed us to have dinner outside which had never been done before. Dining outside overlooking the large pond made for a magical evening. The night went off without a hitch all thanks to the wonderful staff! A+++++!

Brett · Married on 09/08/2017

Back in October of 2016 my fiancé and I made one last stop on our wedding venue hunt, and the de Seversky Mansion, and we left there ready to book a date. We were guided by Gina who was beyond helpful, and willing to work with us in every possible way. Over the next couple of months we were invited to a Wedding Showcase at the mansion where there top vendors were on display, and immediately decided on a DJ and Florist that night. Gina kept us in the loop over the next few months, right up to our finals meeting, and right up walking down the aisle. Gina was exceptional, and made our life a lot easier.

The day of our wedding I arrived at the mansion early, as they were cleaning, and making final preparations for our wedding. I took a walk around the facility saw a clean canvass, and was excited to see how everything would look when all set up. A short time later I was introduced to Jackie who was going to be our Maitre D' for the night. We struck gold with Jackie. She was amazing from the moment we got there, through the ceremony, reception, and until the time we left. We wanted a smooth and seamless event, and Jackie gave that to us. Any concern we had, never came to fruition because of the excellent work by Jackie and staff.

The Bridal Attendant Joan was the absolute best!!! She was attentive, caring, and most of all genuine in her desire to make our day the best it could possibly be. I spoke with Joan before the ceremony, and let her know that we are going keep the night loose, and not be so rigid on how we do things. After the ceremony was over, she had food, multiple drinks, and a beautiful table setup for us to have something to eat and drink. We only stayed up there for a little bit, but she really did an over the top job of making us feel so special. Joan was just out of this world when it came to being there for us if we needed her. Joan exemplifies everything a person should be, and that goes beyond her job. Every $ worth it !!

Lydia · Married on 08/05/2017

The moment that we stepped onto the grounds, we knew that de Seversky Mansion was where we wanted to get married. The building and land is breathtaking! The people are also great – Gina was so patient, personable, and helpful! And the service on the actual day/night was outstanding. (Shout out to Joan, our bridal attendant and Jackie, the maitre’d!) They really helped keep us on schedule. No need for a wedding planner if you go with de Seversky as they are helpful with every step of the process! The father of the groom is still raving about the food, which was amazing. Overall, truly made our day stress-free and beautiful. If there's a free weekend, book it!

Nikki · Married on 07/21/2017

We had our wedding this July at the de Seversky Mansion and we couldn’t have pictured a more perfect day! Upon our first meeting with Ana and then Jessica, we knew this is where we going to have our wedding. The grounds are beautiful, it is a gorgeous mansion with a warm cozy feel to it and we loved that. We had a European style wedding – highly suggested! It allows you to utilize the entire mansion and it’s different than most wedding venues on Long Island. Through out the planning process, Jessica was a trooper, consistently answering my emails and thousands of questions. Whenever I felt the need to come in and talk in person or see the mansion again for ideas, etc. Jessica made it happen. They were accommodating for all of our needs and wants. The day of my bridal attendant Joan was a God send. She was behind me every step of the way, with whatever I needed. Jackie our maître de, was awesome, she helped everything flow perfectly. As for the food – amazing! Everyone is still raving about how good it was. We didn’t do a first look, so our cocktail hour was taken over by pictures. I wish we got to eat during cocktail hour because everyone couldn’t stop talking about it! Although Joan the bridal attendant brought us a platter of food and Sushi (my husband would not take pictures without Sushi first so she made sure to bring it out right after the ceremony ☺) we didn’t really sit and enjoy but I wish we would have! For dinner, Joan made sure to ask which of the entrees we wanted and if we wanted more than one, they did a split plate, which looked and tasted amazing! (Another benefit of European style – you get to sit & enjoy dinner) Dessert was amazing as well – so many options, our guests loved it all! We even had them set up a Togo station with pretzels and donuts on the way out. I could go on and on but ultimately having our wedding there was the perfect decision and we couldn’t have asked for a better day! We are patiently waiting for another reason to go back!

Lauren · Married on 07/14/2017

Getting married at the de Seversky mansion was the best decision we made. I was beyond pleased with the wedding we had. The atmosphere can't be beat and the food was just incredible. From the very beginning to the last minute I felt comfortable and taken care of. The staff is unparalleled. Gina handled the planning of our wedding flawlessly. Jose and Joan took such great care of us during the wedding. Joan is a one of a kind gem. She literally followed us around the cocktail hour with plates of food so we could eat. Our guests were impressed with the venue and the ease in which the party flowed. I would recommend this venue to ANYONE and EVERYONE who is getting married on Long Island. It really is a hidden treasure. I didn't know the mansion was there and was so glad that I found it.

Edyta · Married on 07/08/2017

AMAZING! Absolutely stunning! I cannot say enough great things about our wedding venue and their staff. From day one until the very last second they were professional, responsive, supportive, accommodating and clearly cared and knew about what they were doing. They thought of things that I, a self-admitted perfectionist and maybe even a control freak, didn't think of. The grounds were beautiful and clean; the venue was a dream; the staff super friendly and helpful; the food was delicious, beautifully presented and plenty of it; the bartenders skilled; and the list goes on and on. There's only one thing I would change about our wedding reception and that is to have it be longer! I hope one of my friends gets married there so I can experience it all again. Huge thanks to Gina, Jackie, Joan, and Jose. You were so very wonderful and made our day perfect.

• I

Irene · Married on 05/27/2017

The venue was an absolute dream. We worked with Gina M. from the beginning and she was just so fun and friendly and responded to questions super quickly. She helped us for the year from when we signed the contract through the day of our wedding and I am so grateful. We had Julio as our maitre d and he was so organized and efficient. Joan was our bridal attendant and ensured we ate and had everything we could possibly need. If you're even considering this venue - stop now - and just sign! It's literally the Gold Coast mansion you wish you owned and they make it like it's your house day of!

Christine · Married on 05/13/2017

Our wedding at the de Seversky Mansion was perfection! Jessica made the whole planning process so easy and she really thought of everything. Jackie and Joan were there on the day of the wedding and I am so happy to have had them! The whole staff made the day so special and perfect. And not to mention, the venue is absolutely gorgeous! It was raining terribly on our wedding day, and the mansion seemed even more magical because of it!

Rebecca · Married on 04/22/2017

There are not enough great things to say about the mansion and staff at De Seversky! Rocio (our coordinator), Jane (our bridal attendant), and Oscar (our Maitre D') all went above and beyond on our special day. The food was incredible (which is not something you often hear at a wedding) and the mansion was absolutely stunning. Although it's pricier than your typical wedding venue on Long Island, it was worth every penny. We we married in the Garden Room and had our reception in the Ballroom but our guests were free to roam. With 120 guests it was a little tight with 10 tables but no one complained. The only negative thing was that they ran out of two light beers, but it didn't impact myself or the groom. I would recommend anyone to book there not only for the beauty of the venue, but the extraordinary service provided by everyone we encountered.

• User6202944 · 1+ year ago

Our 12/3/16 wedding was spectacular. What a professional and elegant venue. Food is incredible. The space was incredibly comfortable for a winter, inside wedding (We had a european style wedding and used the entire first floor of the mansion). At first we couldn't decide if we wanted a traditional or european wedding, but the european was completely worth it! (130 guests approximately). We had our ceremony in the garden room at sunset and everyone complimented us on how beautiful it was. Jessica Wontz, Gina (bridal attendant), and our day of coordinator functioned seamlessly as a team on the day-of. I am so happy we decided to have our wedding at NYIT De Seversky.

Cindy · Married on 11/26/2016

We can't say enough great things about this place! Jessica and Gina were an amazing team who sid an outstanding job planning our special day for us. Joan (our bridal attendant) the day of the wedding went above and beyond in taking care of our every need...even thinking about things for us before we were able to think of it! She helped with fixing my dress and my mother-in-law's dress when it was torn and stepped on, she brought us hot drinks to warm us up after our cold, outdoor photo seasion,..the list goes on and on...
    Our guests are still raving about the beauty of the mansion, the amazing staff, the delicious food....Thank you!!

Barbara · Married on 10/30/2016

This place is amazing! Besides the mansion being gorgeous, the entire staff was wonderful to work with! Jessica was our coordinator, and she was fantastic, always answered emails promptly, and a calming force. A true professional.
    The food was fantastic, just as the food was at our tasting, and guests couldn't stop raving. Jackie was our maître de, and was wonderful as well. Everything ran according to plan and was flawless. Joan, our bridal attendant was amazing!!! She went out of her way to make sure the bride was alright from beginning to end. She even packed up our belongings which was a big help, especially since we were all exhausted when the guests left! The entire staff at de Seversky were great. So nice!! All I can say is PERFECTION.

ginker · Married on 09/30/2016

My daughter's wedding was as effortless on our part as was beautiful thanks to the staff at de Seversky. Thanks everyone so much for a glorious evening.

Edward · Married on 09/16/2016

Recently held our wedding here and it was absolutely magical. The outdoor service, cocktail hour (where the guests thought the food was the dinner, because it was so good), then the dinner and dancing were superb. So happy we chose and were able to get this place for our wedding. Truly unforgettable.

Only wish it could have lasted longer.

Tatianna · Married on 08/13/2016

My husband and I got married here in August and everything exceeded our expectations. The entire process from the beginning to the end was a lot less stressful thanks to Ana. She was constantly in touch with me and helping answer any questions and needs I had. She also fulfilled all of our requests to really make our day unbelievable. Everyone is still talking about how amazing the venue and the food was. There was a little bit of miscommunication between the Maitre D and our other vendors, specifically the photographers, so they happened to miss some important moments. My only complaint would be that it was difficult to work with one person the entire time and then have a completely different person there the day of. This caused a little bit of confusion the night of the wedding. Other than that everything was great.

Cheryl · Married on 08/05/2016

Highly recommended venue. I had my wedding in August 2016 and everything was perfect. My limo ran late so the wedding party missed the cocktail hour, there were attendants running after us with food while we were taking pictures, which was great because we were all starving. I am still getting positive remarks about the food at the cocktail hour even a year after the wedding. My bridal attendant was also exceptional.

Allison · Married on 07/22/2016

Jess and Ana, the event manager/specialist, were so patient with me over the past 2 years of planning, always very responsive, and often acted my unofficial wedding planners. Jess was amazing the day of, she really put me at ease the day of that everything would be taken care of and was there to ensure everything ran according to plan. They were so flexible in allowing us to make changes to the menus to reflex our tastes, even letting me completely change the recipe for the mahi mahi entrée. The venue staff on the day of outdid themselves with setting up everything, we had about 9 large boxes of stuff to be set up for the reception and it was all displayed beautifully. My bridal attendant, Joan, was exceptional and so helpful when it came to lacing my dress and helping me with my bustle. De Seversky brides, you are in excellent hands!

B · Married on 07/02/2016

This place is absolutely amazing. This was our last venue visit and we fell absolutely in love compared to locations in Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. Here are my highlights

1. Staff - Jessica - our sales rep was super helpful and always cheerful and ready to answer questions. The staff on the wedding night made our lives a lot easier and helped us with things (like last minute sewing!).
    2. Price - Compared to other locations in the area, the price was very reasonable. Price included food, booze, tables, chairs, linens. For vendors, we had to get a DJ, florist, cake and photographer/videographer.
    3. Food - AMAZING. LI weddings are notorious for their food, but I have to say, NYIT's was the best. I can't tell you how many compliments we received from our guests.
    4. Venue - the mansion and the outdoor space is gorgeous. You'll have no idea you're actually on a college campus!

Linda · Married on 06/19/2016

We stumbled upon NYIT in the midst of a long period of looking at multiple venues every weekend, and as soon as we saw the mansion, we knew we had found the place for us. I can only say that everything about the de Seversky mansion is wonderful. Not only is the venue private and beautiful, but the food is delicious and the staff superb. Ana and Jessica and indeed the entire NYIT team are so organized and gracious. We felt that we couldn’t have had a better wedding. The only warning I have is to be careful before hiring some of their event partners – NYIT is first rate, but some of their partners unfortunately are not. We had a guest count of about 100 and had a sit-down style dinner, preceded by a cocktail hour on the veranda. Thank you NYIT, you made our wedding a dream come true!