146 Reviews for NYIT de Seversky Mansion

Uncovered Outdoor (11)
Lighting/Sound (10)
Outside Cake (7)
146 NYIT de Seversky Mansion Reviews

We knew once we saw this venue, that this was where we wanted to have our wedding. We met with Jessica who was very helpful in answering all of our questions. On the day of the wedding, our Maitre D' was Jackie and my bridal attendant was Kim. Both were amazing and if anything went wrong, I still don't know about it which is what anyone would want during their big day. They worked with all of the vendors we hired and it all came together to be the wedding of our dreams.

Profile Picture Allison, 11/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Back in October of 2016 my fiancé and I made one last stop on our wedding venue hunt, and the de Seversky Mansion, and we left there ready to book a date. We were guided by Gina who was beyond helpful, and willing to work with us in every possible way. Over the next couple of months we were invited to a Wedding Showcase at the mansion where there top vendors were on display, and immediately decided on a DJ and Florist that night. Gina kept us in the loop over the next few months, right up to our finals meeting, and right up walking down the aisle. Gina was exceptional, and made our life a lot easier.

The day of our wedding I arrived at the mansion early, as they were cleaning, and making final preparations for our wedding. I took a walk around the facility saw a clean canvass, and was excited to see how everything would look when all set up. A short time later I was introduced to Jackie who was going to be our Maitre D' for the night. We struck gold with Jackie. She was amazing from the moment we got there, through the ceremony, reception, and until the time we left. We wanted a smooth and seamless event, and Jackie gave that to us. Any concern we had, never came to fruition because of the excellent work by Jackie and staff.

The Bridal Attendant Joan was the absolute best!!! She was attentive, caring, and most of all genuine in her desire to make our day the best it could possibly be. I spoke with Joan before the ceremony, and let her know that we are going keep the night loose, and not be so rigid on how we do things. After the ceremony was over, she had food, multiple drinks, and a beautiful table setup for us to have something to eat and drink. We only stayed up there for a little bit, but she really did an over the top job of making us feel so special. Joan was just out of this world when it came to being there for us if we needed her. Joan exemplifies everything a person should be, and that goes beyond her job. Every $ worth it !!

Profile Picture Brett, 9/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The moment that we stepped onto the grounds, we knew that de Seversky Mansion was where we wanted to get married. The building and land is breathtaking! The people are also great – Gina was so patient, personable, and helpful! And the service on the actual day/night was outstanding. (Shout out to Joan, our bridal attendant and Jackie, the maitre’d!) They really helped keep us on schedule. No need for a wedding planner if you go with de Seversky as they are helpful with every step of the process! The father of the groom is still raving about the food, which was amazing. Overall, truly made our day stress-free and beautiful. If there's a free weekend, book it!

Profile Picture Lydia, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding this July at the de Seversky Mansion and we couldn’t have pictured a more perfect day! Upon our first meeting with Ana and then Jessica, we knew this is where we going to have our wedding. The grounds are beautiful, it is a gorgeous mansion with a warm cozy feel to it and we loved that. We had a European style wedding – highly suggested! It allows you to utilize the entire mansion and it’s different than most wedding venues on Long Island. Through out the planning process, Jessica was a trooper, consistently answering my emails and thousands of questions. Whenever I felt the need to come in and talk in person or see the mansion again for ideas, etc. Jessica made it happen. They were accommodating for all of our needs and wants. The day of my bridal attendant Joan was a God send. She was behind me every step of the way, with whatever I needed. Jackie our maître de, was awesome, she helped everything flow perfectly. As for the food – amazing! Everyone is still raving about how good it was. We didn’t do a first look, so our cocktail hour was taken over by pictures. I wish we got to eat during cocktail hour because everyone couldn’t stop talking about it! Although Joan the bridal attendant brought us a platter of food and Sushi (my husband would not take pictures without Sushi first so she made sure to bring it out right after the ceremony ☺) we didn’t really sit and enjoy but I wish we would have! For dinner, Joan made sure to ask which of the entrees we wanted and if we wanted more than one, they did a split plate, which looked and tasted amazing! (Another benefit of European style – you get to sit & enjoy dinner) Dessert was amazing as well – so many options, our guests loved it all! We even had them set up a Togo station with pretzels and donuts on the way out. I could go on and on but ultimately having our wedding there was the perfect decision and we couldn’t have asked for a better day! We are patiently waiting for another reason to go back!

Profile Picture User6482535, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access

Getting married at the de Seversky mansion was the best decision we made. I was beyond pleased with the wedding we had. The atmosphere can't be beat and the food was just incredible. From the very beginning to the last minute I felt comfortable and taken care of. The staff is unparalleled. Gina handled the planning of our wedding flawlessly. Jose and Joan took such great care of us during the wedding. Joan is a one of a kind gem. She literally followed us around the cocktail hour with plates of food so we could eat. Our guests were impressed with the venue and the ease in which the party flowed. I would recommend this venue to ANYONE and EVERYONE who is getting married on Long Island. It really is a hidden treasure. I didn't know the mansion was there and was so glad that I found it.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

AMAZING! Absolutely stunning! I cannot say enough great things about our wedding venue and their staff. From day one until the very last second they were professional, responsive, supportive, accommodating and clearly cared and knew about what they were doing. They thought of things that I, a self-admitted perfectionist and maybe even a control freak, didn't think of. The grounds were beautiful and clean; the venue was a dream; the staff super friendly and helpful; the food was delicious, beautifully presented and plenty of it; the bartenders skilled; and the list goes on and on. There's only one thing I would change about our wedding reception and that is to have it be longer! I hope one of my friends gets married there so I can experience it all again. Huge thanks to Gina, Jackie, Joan, and Jose. You were so very wonderful and made our day perfect.

Profile Picture User5360965, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

The venue was an absolute dream. We worked with Gina M. from the beginning and she was just so fun and friendly and responded to questions super quickly. She helped us for the year from when we signed the contract through the day of our wedding and I am so grateful. We had Julio as our maitre d and he was so organized and efficient. Joan was our bridal attendant and ensured we ate and had everything we could possibly need. If you're even considering this venue - stop now - and just sign! It's literally the Gold Coast mansion you wish you owned and they make it like it's your house day of!

Profile Picture Irene, 5/27/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at the de Seversky Mansion was perfection! Jessica made the whole planning process so easy and she really thought of everything. Jackie and Joan were there on the day of the wedding and I am so happy to have had them! The whole staff made the day so special and perfect. And not to mention, the venue is absolutely gorgeous! It was raining terribly on our wedding day, and the mansion seemed even more magical because of it!

Profile Picture Christine, 5/13/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Valet, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

There are not enough great things to say about the mansion and staff at De Seversky! Rocio (our coordinator), Jane (our bridal attendant), and Oscar (our Maitre D') all went above and beyond on our special day. The food was incredible (which is not something you often hear at a wedding) and the mansion was absolutely stunning. Although it's pricier than your typical wedding venue on Long Island, it was worth every penny. We we married in the Garden Room and had our reception in the Ballroom but our guests were free to roam. With 120 guests it was a little tight with 10 tables but no one complained. The only negative thing was that they ran out of two light beers, but it didn't impact myself or the groom. I would recommend anyone to book there not only for the beauty of the venue, but the extraordinary service provided by everyone we encountered.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Indoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

This was the first venue we looked at for our wedding and once we saw the grounds, nothing came close. The staff are really phenomenal and very detail-oriented. The mansion features so many gorgeous antiques and Art Deco era detailing that speak for themselves. We saved a bit of $ by leveraging the items they had in house for cake stand, table numbers, etc. I loved how it was tucked away and the grand entrance and surprise that is revealed when driving up. Also loved that we got to use every single room in the mansion. We got so so so many compliments on the food and let's be real, that's all that matters in a wedding. The staff prepared all three meals for my husband and I and made sure we sat down for dinner. They even packed a doggy bag for us to take home. In addition, my bridal attendant was a godsend and even sewed me into my dress after a wardrobe malfunction.

Only thing I would recommend is to find a DJ that is used to the "European Style" of ceremony, if you pick it. Ours was clueless and it was kind of annoying explaining the set up/ how many mics he would need, etc. They also have a "preferred vendor" requirement for flowers which I didn't love but ours ended up being amazing ("Petals").

Overall amazing venue - definitely on top of the details, very professional and better than expected. My photographs are gorgeous.

Profile Picture User7886454, Recently Married, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Valet, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Our 12/3/16 wedding was spectacular. What a professional and elegant venue. Food is incredible. The space was incredibly comfortable for a winter, inside wedding (We had a european style wedding and used the entire first floor of the mansion). At first we couldn't decide if we wanted a traditional or european wedding, but the european was completely worth it! (130 guests approximately). We had our ceremony in the garden room at sunset and everyone complimented us on how beautiful it was. Jessica Wontz, Gina (bridal attendant), and our day of coordinator functioned seamlessly as a team on the day-of. I am so happy we decided to have our wedding at NYIT De Seversky.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 12/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We can't say enough great things about this place! Jessica and Gina were an amazing team who sid an outstanding job planning our special day for us. Joan (our bridal attendant) the day of the wedding went above and beyond in taking care of our every need...even thinking about things for us before we were able to think of it! She helped with fixing my dress and my mother-in-law's dress when it was torn and stepped on, she brought us hot drinks to warm us up after our cold, outdoor photo seasion,..the list goes on and on...
Our guests are still raving about the beauty of the mansion, the amazing staff, the delicious food....Thank you!!

Profile Picture User6132358, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was our dream venue, and we did quite a bit of searching! It did not disappoint! Everyone here is so lovely to work with and they helped make planning easy! They were extremely capable and had our complete trust the entire time. They were very responsive to all and any questions and I truly felt I was in amazing hands.

This venue was extremely flexible with the start time of our wedding, which was a big priority! Only one event goes on at a time and we had plenty of time to get ready and take photos prior to our ceremony. The different rooms gave us so many different looks through out the evening and allowed our wedding to flow seamlessly. The food was absolutely delicious. I'm very grateful we chose them and have absolutely no regrets. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a personalized wedding!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Valet, Uncovered Outdoor

The De Seversky mansion and its employees were incredible from start to finish.

Jessica was the most professional, flexible and understanding sales rep I've encountered. With both my husband and I being in sales it was so refreshing not to feel like I was being sold on an idea but more so educated on the different options and offerings with no pressure added. She answered every question with the upmost honesty and expertise. She also stayed for the event until the very end which was completely unexpected - even helped us bustle mid way through! She was truly invaluable to the process.
Jackie, our maitre de, was hired on a bit after signing our contract. I am admittedly a control freak with a habit of meticulous planning and was uncomfortable with the idea that I didn't know her going in. As I went for my final appointment Jackie exceeded my every expectation. She was so down to earth and easy to talk to. She understood my vision and took note of all of my intricate details. She even asked a few questions that I hadn't though of previously. The night was executed flawlessly.

Joan, the bridal attendant, was the sweetest and most thoughtful god send. She greeted us at the door with glasses of celebratory champagne and before I could properly thank her was fixing my train and my veil so that the photographer could capture the moment. She was like superwoman and flash combined - she was everywhere without me ever noticing. She was stealth with grabbing food for dinner and conveniently placing it wherever we were on the off chance we could grab a bite! She even went back into the kitchen for some extra buffalo chicken rolls (MUST HAVE)
Speaking of food, it was first class! Not only was it delicious but also beautifully displayed. My sister in law is a chef and even she was blown away. We had a Gatsby style wedding with plenty of variety when it came to the menu and everything was superb. People are still raving about the spread!
Simply put, it was perfect!

Profile Picture Leah, 11/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

This place is amazing! Besides the mansion being gorgeous, the entire staff was wonderful to work with! Jessica was our coordinator, and she was fantastic, always answered emails promptly, and a calming force. A true professional.
The food was fantastic, just as the food was at our tasting, and guests couldn't stop raving. Jackie was our maître de, and was wonderful as well. Everything ran according to plan and was flawless. Joan, our bridal attendant was amazing!!! She went out of her way to make sure the bride was alright from beginning to end. She even packed up our belongings which was a big help, especially since we were all exhausted when the guests left! The entire staff at de Seversky were great. So nice!! All I can say is PERFECTION.

Profile Picture User7370414, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor

This review is belated. We were married at the Mansion in October 2016 and it was truly the wonderful wedding we dreamed of! We started off working with Ana, and when she left, Jessica took over as our coordinator and she was great. Even with the large volume of questions that I imagine she receives every day, she helped us with our custom requests and numerous schedule changes until we were satisfied with each detail. She was also there for almost our entire wedding, which gave me good peace of mind. She even helped to bustle my dress! Thank you Jessica! Thank you too to the day of staff, Jackie and Joan, who made us feel well taken care of. Joan was so sweet, she took a few lovely photos of our day and shared them with us so that we had photos immediately afterward while waiting for our pro shots to come in.
Aside from the staff, the mansion is beautiful and picturesque. There are so many wonderful spots for photos, I wish we had even more time to take advantage of all of them! The food was delicious, and exceeded our expectations. While we enjoyed our tasting, we wondered if the quality of food would suffer once it had to be produced in large quantities on the day; however it was even better! We received many compliments from our guests. Thank you again de Seversky, you will always be a most special place in our hearts.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding was as effortless on our part as was beautiful thanks to the staff at de Seversky. Thanks everyone so much for a glorious evening.

Profile Picture ginker, 9/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with De Seversky has been a dream. From the event planning team to the day of coordinators/bridal attendant I couldn't have asked for more as a bride. The staff was amazing, I worked with Ana and Jessica who were incredibly responsive and so willing to work with me and my requests. On the day of the wedding De Seversky literally set up everything from the signs we had made to the favors and the escort cards. The whole day went off without a hitch. Jackie the maitre de was amazing and so attentive to all of our needs. Joan was an absolute dream to work with as my bridal attendant. It was amazing that all these things were provided to us by the venue. De Seversky really did EVERYTHING. Guests have been raving over the cocktail hour, to quote "The best cocktail hour they have been to". The food was off the charts. There really aren't enough words to describe how amazing the staff was. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone having a wedding of 150 people.

Profile Picture Christina, 9/17/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Recently held our wedding here and it was absolutely magical. The outdoor service, cocktail hour (where the guests thought the food was the dinner, because it was so good), then the dinner and dancing were superb. So happy we chose and were able to get this place for our wedding. Truly unforgettable.

Only wish it could have lasted longer.

Profile Picture User7370875, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married here in August and everything exceeded our expectations. The entire process from the beginning to the end was a lot less stressful thanks to Ana. She was constantly in touch with me and helping answer any questions and needs I had. She also fulfilled all of our requests to really make our day unbelievable. Everyone is still talking about how amazing the venue and the food was. There was a little bit of miscommunication between the Maitre D and our other vendors, specifically the photographers, so they happened to miss some important moments. My only complaint would be that it was difficult to work with one person the entire time and then have a completely different person there the day of. This caused a little bit of confusion the night of the wedding. Other than that everything was great.

Profile Picture Tatianna, 8/13/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Indoor, Valet, Wheelchair Access

Highly recommended venue. I had my wedding in August 2016 and everything was perfect. My limo ran late so the wedding party missed the cocktail hour, there were attendants running after us with food while we were taking pictures, which was great because we were all starving. I am still getting positive remarks about the food at the cocktail hour even a year after the wedding. My bridal attendant was also exceptional.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 8/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jess and Ana, the event manager/specialist, were so patient with me over the past 2 years of planning, always very responsive, and often acted my unofficial wedding planners. Jess was amazing the day of, she really put me at ease the day of that everything would be taken care of and was there to ensure everything ran according to plan. They were so flexible in allowing us to make changes to the menus to reflex our tastes, even letting me completely change the recipe for the mahi mahi entrée. The venue staff on the day of outdid themselves with setting up everything, we had about 9 large boxes of stuff to be set up for the reception and it was all displayed beautifully. My bridal attendant, Joan, was exceptional and so helpful when it came to lacing my dress and helping me with my bustle. De Seversky brides, you are in excellent hands!

Profile Picture Allison, 7/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Valet, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

This place is absolutely amazing. This was our last venue visit and we fell absolutely in love compared to locations in Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. Here are my highlights

1. Staff - Jessica - our sales rep was super helpful and always cheerful and ready to answer questions. The staff on the wedding night made our lives a lot easier and helped us with things (like last minute sewing!).
2. Price - Compared to other locations in the area, the price was very reasonable. Price included food, booze, tables, chairs, linens. For vendors, we had to get a DJ, florist, cake and photographer/videographer.
3. Food - AMAZING. LI weddings are notorious for their food, but I have to say, NYIT's was the best. I can't tell you how many compliments we received from our guests.
4. Venue - the mansion and the outdoor space is gorgeous. You'll have no idea you're actually on a college campus!

Profile Picture B, 7/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

We stumbled upon NYIT in the midst of a long period of looking at multiple venues every weekend, and as soon as we saw the mansion, we knew we had found the place for us. I can only say that everything about the de Seversky mansion is wonderful. Not only is the venue private and beautiful, but the food is delicious and the staff superb. Ana and Jessica and indeed the entire NYIT team are so organized and gracious. We felt that we couldn’t have had a better wedding. The only warning I have is to be careful before hiring some of their event partners – NYIT is first rate, but some of their partners unfortunately are not. We had a guest count of about 100 and had a sit-down style dinner, preceded by a cocktail hour on the veranda. Thank you NYIT, you made our wedding a dream come true!

Profile Picture Linda, 6/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

de Seversky Mansion was the most incredible venue for our wedding! We first looked at the mansion after a friend's recommendation, and as soon as we arrived we knew this was the place for us. We only looked at one other venue which didn't even come close in comparison. Throughout our wedding planning we worked closely with Ana and Jessica who were incredibly helpful and responsive to all our questions and concerns. Everything went very smoothly with our planning process and wedding day thanks to de Seversky. Our wedding day was amazing – we couldn't have asked for a better day. My bridesmaids and I were greeted in the morning by several members of the de Seversky staff. They had food and champagne set up for us in the bridal suite. The staff took care of greeting all our vendors and making sure everything was set up just the way we wanted it. My bridal attendant Joan was fantastic - she was there to help me with whatever I needed for the entire day, including making sure I could taste the food during cocktail hour! Our guests are still raving about the fantastic time they had at our wedding, how beautiful and unique our venue was, and how delicious the food was. I cannot emphasize enough how incredible de Seversky is – you won’t be sorry if you book here!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ryan, 5/29/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor