NYC Flower Project Reviews

58 | Brooklyn, NY

58 Reviews for NYC Flower Project

58 NYC Flower Project Reviews

Ling · Married on 08/18/2018

Gus and Nicole were an amazing team to work with from the beginning of planning to the wedding end! They were easy to get in touch with throughout the process and were always there when I needed them. They even did a complimentary sample of my initial idea for the table arrangements before we signed anything - something I greatly appreciated given other vendors we looked at weren't as accommodating. Speaking of other vendors, NYC Flower Project's price quote was comparatively very reasonable for NYC and a city wedding. They were very transparent about the breakdown of costs from the start, and it put me at ease that I was dealing with straight shooters that wouldn't nickel and dime me with various add-ons and supplements.

I felt I was able to be involved in the vision of the arrangements with expert guidance from Gus, who took me on a walkthrough of the flower district to hand pick the flowers I wanted in my arrangements. Gus and Nicole were very receptive to any changes in the weeks leading up to our big day. The end result was absolute perfection, and the industrial loft space was turned into a modern garden with plenty of candle light and votives complementing the florals. It was pure magic, and I couldn't have asked for more from this team. Highly recommend!!!

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

I had absolutely no vision of what I wanted as far as flowers and Gus sat with me and we put together a Pinterest board with ideas. I gave NYC Flower Project a bit of latitude to determine what would like nice as I figured they were the expert and I didn't have a set idea except I didn't want everything to look rounded off. We settled on a garden style with light and dark colors. When we saw, the sample, it was gorgeous (although the centerpieces looked big). Gus assured us it would work in our space. He couldn't have been more right. On the day of, everything looked beautiful-centerpieces and bouquets. I received so many compliments. I didn't even need other accents in the venue space. The flowers spoke for themselves and were a definite highlight.

Liana · Married on 06/03/2017

I can't say enough good things about Nicole and Gus ! I felt like I was working with friends . Their creative ideas and hard work blew our minds ! We could not have asked for better vendors . They did 3 of our events engagement party , bridal shower and wedding and all 3 were spectacular! Our wedding was beyond stunning and looked like something out of a magazine . They surpassed our expectations tremendously and we can't express our gratitude . Nicole is the sweetest most down to earth person with such amazing ideas and taste and Gus is a flower genius !!!!!! I am so bias but I felt like our flowers were by far the best I've ever seen !!! ?? We would recommend them to anyone who wants their event to be over the top AMAZING!!!!!!!

Sharde · Married on 03/24/2017

Guss and Nicole are creative geniuses! We absolutely loved working with them because they have a chill yet professional vibe that truly kept us calm throughout this process. We spent months going over the design then a month or so before our wedding Guss created a sample/ mock table for us and I knew the wedding day flowers would be truly beautiful. They were flexible on the price and included candles and bud vases with the flowers. I didn't have to go out and buy those extra things. They included them with the total cost of flowers. That was so helpful! At one point Guss thought he didn't understand our vision and asked us to come in just to make sure he got it right. Then on the day of the wedding Nicole and Guss created the most beautiful flowers for the reception and the ceremony. I would totally recommend NYC Flower Project for a wedding or any event..OR personal floral design in your home! They were a joy to work with!

• Y

Yesenia · Married on 09/25/2016

Nicole and Gus are very easy to work with! They help with ideas and really made our wedding day beautiful! I'd use them again for sure!

Joanne · Married on 09/09/2016

After going to three different florists who either weren't in my price range or didn't capture my thought process, my wedding planner suggested NYC Flower Project. Upon arriving to NYC Flower Project they had this gorgeous mock up (for which I didn't have to pay an additional fee) that just nailed my vision. I was beyond excited for what they created and even more excited when I walked into the venue and saw the beauty they've created. I had a naked caked which they beautifully decorated with flowers, they made adorable flower crowns for my flower girls and provided the sign for my sign holder. I went over my original budget for flowers but it was worthwhile. Additionally, Nicole and Gus (whom are business partners) had such a chill personality which was a bonus.

Caroline · Married on 08/13/2016

We used NYC Flower Project for our August 2016 wedding, and were thrilled with their work! We met to discuss the look we were going for, and they executed perfectly, providing tall candelabras for centerpieces and beautiful flower arrangements for the reception and wedding party. They were very responsive and flexible when we had to make a few small changes to our order in the final week. It was amazing walking into the reception room and seeing exactly what we had envisioned (all for a very reasonable price) - highly recommend!

• LLB

Lisa · Married on 04/30/2016

I just used NYC Flower Project for my wedding and am so thankful we went with them! Gus and Nicole were a pleasure to work with from day one and took all the stress out of It. They were also very willing to work within our budget. Our centerpieces were stunning and Gus made me the most beautiful bouquet. And our chuppah was absolutely amazing! I couldn't be happier, I would highly recommend them to anyone planning an event.

Deisy · Married on 11/25/2015

The centerpieces & bouquets came out perfect! NYC Flower Project was able to take my dream and vision and make it a reality. They were even able to accommodate last minute ideas that I came up with weeks before the wedding and they got my favorite flowers that other vendors said my chances of getting were slim to none. Will definitely use this vendor for future events and recommend to others.

Gretchen · Married on 11/12/2015

Gus and Nicole delivered exceptional floral arrangements for my wedding. They simply asked me what type of flowers I envisioned and not to worry about cost. It was definitely a good decision to pick them! NYC Flower Project brought my vision to life and most importantly, worked with my budget!

Sherry · Married on 09/17/2015

Gus and Nicole are Fabulous!~ They do wonderful work!

Ekaterina · Married on 08/23/2015

We ve heard about NYC Flower project through Dyker Beach were we had our wedding.
    It was a pleasure to plan our flower decor with Gus and Nicole. They live what they do and deliver it the best. Our centerpieces came exactly how i pictured it and chuppa was absolutely beautiful! They used birch wood with Orchids and greenery to decorate it. Couldnt be done better.
    If you will tell them what you want and expect they will work with your budget.
    Thank you Gus and Nicole for your wonderful work !!!

Josephine · Married on 07/11/2015

I wanted philanopsis orchids and I would not settle or change my mind. I shopped around for a florist for 2 years! NYC Flower Project did everything I wanted and their price was reasonable considering the type of flower I wanted which was very rare and expensive. I am so glad I did not budge on my vision because the ballroom was breathtaking and just took my venue to another level! Nicole and Gus were a pleasure to work with and I will work with them again. They directed me and gave me advice and had innovative ideas on how to create these centerpieces that were just over the top. Thanks again for the memorable experience!

Linda · Married on 02/08/2015

Working with Nicole and gus made my life much easier they give you the best advise to have your wedding of your dreams
    thanks you nyc flower project

Linda and eli Zikry

Linda · event on: 02/06/2015

Thank you gus and Nicole for fixing 12 flower arrangement with in less then 48 hours they were beautiful

Really enjoyed working with Gus and Nicole at NYC Flower Project.

We had an unorthodox vision for our ceremony and reception decor, and Gus got it right away, from our first phone conversation. We later got to visit the flower market with him, and meet Nicole at their studio, and the concept was fleshed out to become more than I had imagined.

I gave Gus some budget flexibility, and he came back at the low end of it... a plus for any bride.

NYC Flower Project was recommended to us by the venue, and we found it really helpful that they were familiar with the space and its constraints, but also helped us get the most out of the venue by suggesting things they had seen them do for other couples in the past. This really worked to our advantage.

• I

Irmak · Married on 01/03/2015

I had the best experience ever with Nicole and Gus of NYC Flower Project! They made my vision come to reality! My wedding was exactly what I had hoped and more! I couldn't be happier!!!!!

Gus and Nicole were amazing.... creatively, professionally and personally. I would work with them on any event i plan! They know their florals and have creative vision.
    With over 15 years working in events, i highly, highly recommend this vendor.

Ashley Rylee · Married on 11/01/2014

For our LOVE SUMMIT we wanted someone who understood our vision of our matrimonial event. With the NYC Flower Project you don't just get florist you get VISIONARIES who are artist and passionate in their field. I didn't know what to expect when i was looking for a florist. But just by giving the theme of our wedding Gus and Nicole were able to turn that into more than we could have imagined. When you're planning a wedding every little detail counts and they took on their job with the same critical eye as we woould have. They single handedly created the atmosphere i was striving for. Im so thankful for all the effort and love they put into their work. The dedication and passion they have is priceless. They were not only professional but they were considerate and inspiring. If you want someone who knows how to make your dreams come true the only right choice is The NYC Flower Project

Lily · Married on 09/27/2014

Working with Gus and Nicole from NYC Flower Project was seamless. We found them through a referral from our wedding venue. We met them on numerous occasions and they were helpful every time. First was a general consultation-they met us on the spot at their workshop to brainstorm ideas, share pictures and discuss the themes/colors of our wedding and the look we wanted. The second time they took us to the flower district to see flowers available during our wedding season, and we decided what we liked/disliked to come up with a plan together. The third time we met at our venue, and they showed us some gorgeous samples of what our centerpieces and bouquets would look like-they let us keep them so I was able to show my bridesmaids. They were always careful to ask if we would approve of different colors if they had ideas, and everything they suggested was beautiful and better than we originally would have imagined. We also arranged to meet them again at a showcase at our venue for one final meeting where they showed us more samples of our centerpieces and even shared their box of pizza. Thanks, Nicole and Gus!

Gus & Nicole were super professional. They met with me before the event in the Flower District. We discussed colors, décor, the look of flowers, and very specifically what I wanted. I really didn't know what I wanted but they had great ideas. When the flower budget unexpectedly shrank they worked within the budget and never complained or made me feel bad about it. In all the wedding craziness I forgot to give in my deposit. They never freaked out about it or were nasty like other wedding vendors can be. The centerpieces and gazebo flowers were exquisite. Beautiful and colorful. Everyone commented on how beautiful they were. Some people are into DIY flowers. Could I have done it myself? Yes. Would it have been as nice? Not likely but I could've done a decent job. The benefit of having them do your flowers is not worrying about how it will look, not having to source the best, cheapest flowers, and not having the hassle of set up and clean up on your special day when you have a million other things to do. They are worth every penny!!!

Suzanne · Married on 09/07/2014

Gus was our flower guy for our wedding. He was recommended by the venue as he is the house flower provider/arranger.

We did not know where to begin with flowers nor what was in season so Gus took us on trip to the flower district to show us and get an idea of what we, or really, what I liked.

He had great recommendations on how to maximize the usage of flowers from the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception.

They have a great eye for flower arranging and we pretty much left it up to him and his wife to make it pretty! And on our big day, they did a great job. We and our guests were very impressed with the flowers. Beautiful work! Strongly and highly recommended!

Alba · Married on 07/25/2014

Working with Nicole and Gus at NewYorkCityFlower Project was an absolute pleasure! I was looking for a florist and had interviewed with a few before meeting up with them, The minute that I met with them I knew that they were the one. They were able to work with my vision and budget successfully. They executed my vision beyond my expectations... Some of the elements used to pull my theme together were birdcages and tree bark, the theme was garden whimsical.

Timing, execution, choice of flowers, ideas and most of all their work ethic was spot on. At the last minute 2-3 days before the wedding I decided to change my favors to succulents and they were even able to pull that together for me for a reasonable extra cost. I was able to enjoy my wedding and truly appreciate the flowers and centerpieces because I had full confidence in Nicole and Gus and their work. I would recommend them any day. Just let them know the specifics of what you'd like and let them do the rest!

Vickiana · Married on 07/05/2014

Our wedding day, 5 July 2014 at Top of the Garden - The service, arrangements, decorations, and beyond that. Everything you can imagine, and more.

A great first meet up, our conversations, and services were amazing! We had a wedding planner, Raquel Peralta, who was able to work very close to Gus & Nicole. The creativity they all provided was an amazing one! It really made our day! We had a budget like every other couple when getting married, and they were able to accommodate us. An Alice in Wonderland vision in the summer time!

Thank you so much for making our day spectacular!

Best wishes,