Novae Film and Photo Reviews

Novae Film and Photo 4
Novae Film and Photo 5

Sophie Robinson · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Such enthusiastic photographers!

Grace and Ben were SO awesome to work with. I think Grace was more excited about my wedding details than I was haha! They were very easy to communicate with and were overly generous with their time. We LOVED our wedding photos, they're everything we hoped for! They could not have made us feel more comfortable and in love on our wedding day. We felt like celebrities! Highly recommend this fantastic duo.

Novae Film and Photo 6
    Sent on 01/16/2020
  • Siobhan

Siobhan Godwin · Getting married on 08/07/2020

Thank you Grace and Ben!!!!

Grace and Ben brought such a kindness and warmth to their work. From our first interaction to the final product, they were incredibly accommodating and an absolute pleasure to work with. Grace and Ben made us feel as though we were the only wedding of the year! Through endless hours on the phone, tireless preparation, and consistent accessibility, the two were there for us every step of the way. Much like their beautiful souls, their work was equally beautiful and creative. We love you Grace and Ben, and thank you a million times!

Novae Film and Photo 7

Jessie Hamilton · Getting married on 07/09/2020

Video on Point

We had such a great time working with Grace and Ben for our wedding/engagement video. They are so down to earth, funny, and they make you forget you're being filmed. They have such fun and unique visions and then are able to execute perfectly. We were so happy to be able to have them document our wedding day for us and would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/12/2019

Novae Film and Photo's reply:

Jessie,

We had the absolute best time with you two at your engagement session and wedding day! We couldn't ask for better people to cross our path and trust us in such a monumental time! Honored to say the very least! Thank you so much for having us!
  • Alicia

Alicia Sastamoine-Rackley · Getting married on 04/10/2020

Unique. Fun. Dope AF.

Grace + Ben are true gems. They love hard and give so much time for those minor details that make such a big impact in the overall production. My wife + I are not the most overly PDA kind of people. We are super weird but love that about us. They didn't force us to be something we are not. They didn't rush anything. They understood what was important to us. We hired them because they have such great personalities that balance one another out. Grace is super amazing in completely different areas than Ben and vise versa. My wife loved them because they made things simple and made her feel dapper AF. Hire them. Pronto. Especially if you want something unique.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Sarah Lovering · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing work!

Grace & Ben are the best of the best! If you are contemplating booking them for any of your photo or video needs, do it! you will not be disappointed! They are so professional and organized yet low key, and chill and make you feel so comfortable! They work so well together as a couple, and truly make you feel important and special on your big day, and are so accommodating! Thank you Grace & Ben for your amazing talent, flexibility and commitment on our wedding day! We are forever grateful for the memories you captured for us!

Novae Film and Photo 8
    Novae Film and Photo 9
    Novae Film and Photo 10
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/01/2019

Flawless film & photo. Gives you all the feels.

Where to even begin? If we could give more than 5 stars we would. The amazing partnership of Grace and Ben that makes up Novae Film and Photo is absolutely top notch. During our wedding planning, we went back and forth trying to decide if we could afford video into our budget. After talking and working with Grace, it was a no brainer. And after watching a bunch of stranger’s videos on their website that they had already done and bawling our eyes out, we knew there was no body else we wanted to do so. From the beginning, they were extremely thorough and reliable. They always responded to my countless emails in the most pleasant ways. We started with engagement photos. We had never had professional photos done before but that was no issue with them. They made us feel extremely comfortable and guided us the entire time. Our engagement photos were SO BEAUTIFUL and got us so much more excited for our big day. Leading up to our wedding, Grace made sure we were on the same page with everything so that I (the bride) did not have to stress at all. There were some special moments I wanted captured and they made it top priority. On the day of the wedding, Grace, Ben, and their assistant they brought were WONDERFUL. And let me just tell you, the final products blew our minds. When I watch our wedding highlight video I still cannot believe its us! The quality of the film & photos are unreal. The song choice, the audio clips, the intimate moments, ALL OF IT was documented so perfectly in the film. I get the feels all over again watching it. Friends, family, and so many others have reached out to tell us how emotional it made them feel. The video truly did exceed our expectations. Also, when it comes to the photos they truly got it all. The colors and quality of the photos are absolutely stunning. Its almost impossible to pick our favorites to hang on our walls because there are just TOO MANY that are perfection.
    All in all, if you’re looking for a business that can do both film & photo FLAWLESSLY then look no further. SERIOUSLY. Grace and Ben are beautiful souls who will work their butts off for you and deliver the highest quality you could ever ask for. We love them and would choose them over and over again.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Novae Film and Photo's reply:

Laura! This review is everything. Your words! They mean so much! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. We cannot even begin to explain how thankful we are for you both and that you trusted us with such a big day in your lives. We absolutely adore the both of you and little Atlas and wish you all the best on this next chapter in your lives!! THANK YOU!

Samantha · Married on 06/01/2019

The Dream Team

When we saw Grace + Ben’s beautiful work, we knew our wedding photos would be keepsakes we’d be thrilled to have. What we didn’t imagine is just how much the photos would bring our memories to life in the weeks to follow. They truly captured the happiness we felt that day. Each photo helps illustrate all of the love our friends and family shared, and collectively they tell the perfect story of our wedding day. From highlighting little moments we may have otherwise missed to catching stolen glances, laughter and amazing dance moves, the images document our day with such care. Each time we look at our pictures, it seems as though we discover something new in them.

They have a natural way of capturing the beauty and excitement of the day while ensuring everyone has never looked more themselves on film. They offer gentle direction to keep you on track without ever influencing the room, except to offer encouragement and to share in your happiness. If you’re very lucky, they may even join you on the dance floor to close out the night!

I couldn’t recommend Novae Film and Photo more. They’ll put love, talent and kindness into the finished product that you’ll carry with you long after your wedding day.

Sent on 01/15/2020

Jenn · Married on 05/26/2019

the best!!

Where do I even start with these two...
    WOW - what an incredible duo. We pretty last minute decided we would like to have a film to remember our wedding day and were SO thankful to find that Grace and Ben were available on our wedding day!

Through the planning process, Grace was so helpful in creating a day of timeline and provided such valuable insight for what to include / what to pass on on our wedding day from all of the weddings she has been a part of (cause lets be honest I literally had no clue what I was talking about lol).
    Jon and I are normally pretty camera shy and it was so sweet that Grace and Ben coached us through different shots and made us feel so comfortable in our own skin. I've never felt so beautiful or confident than I did on our day!

Ben also has some craaaazy cool drone skills. It was really special to see the drone flying over all of our family and friends and knowing that it was creating a memory we'll be able to watch in all of our years to come!

I cannot say enough good things about these filmmakers and truly don't have the words for how thankful we are to have had them play such a huge role in our wedding day.

• Aileen

Aileen · Married on 05/25/2019

Ben and Grace were absolutely amazing every step of the way through this process! We hired them for our engagement pictures and they were super flexible in accommodating the ideas that I had. We even had an issue with the timing of our shoot due to a mishap with traveling, and they still found a way to work with us. Once we got to the actual shoot, Grace was so awesome in making us comfortable in front of the camera, and had done research on photoshoots similar to ours and Ben is a great photographer so we were able to get the absolute best shots! We parted ways and they got the first edited preview back to us before the end of the night (I was so eager)! The rest of the photos were sent a few weeks later, incredibly timely. Grace warned me that her clients said they usually had a tough time choosing which picture they loved most, and she was spot on. 10 out of 10, can't recommend enough!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Maggie · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing - a MUST hire!

We were absolutely in LOVE with Grace and Ben. From the moment we met them, I knew they were going to make our dreams come true. They were both beyond amazing to work with and I can’t stress that enough. These are not your standard wedding videographers…We were blown away by our wedding video they created. Tears, laughter and everything in between. They seamlessly captured all of MAGIC on our wedding day. Their expertise in cinematography and video productive shined thru in their work. If you want a team that will keep you calm and allow you to relive your special day, they are your go-to videographers. Novae Film and Photo — is a must hire. Their demeanor and professionalism will BE SURE to wow you away. Couldn’t recommend them more

Novae Film and Photo 11
    Sent on 06/27/2019

Steven · Married on 01/26/2019

The best of the best!

Grace and Ben, they are the dream team. Not only were they calm, and supportive. But also gave direction with ease, and almost unnoticeable to make sure that the moments were genuine, and that we felt like we were the only people in the room. Thank you two for being such amazing people, that captured our special moment perfectly!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Jessica Plourd · Married on 12/28/2018

Simply the best!

Grave and Ben were the photographers at our wedding and we couldn’t be more happy with their work. They were both accommodating, knowledgeable on what would look best and more importantly made us so comfortable.

Sent on 03/13/2019

Eric · Married on 09/01/2018

Grace and Ben did such a wonderful job filming our wedding. They went above and beyond with what they were able to capture. They were climbing, crawling, jumping and running for shots that made the entire experience such a great one. They were responsive in the pre-meetings and set us up for success on the day of. They were also such a joy to work with. I think they might have been more excited than us two. We couldn't have asked for a better duo and the work the provided was top notch

Sent on 09/05/2018
  • Athena

Athena · Married on 08/11/2018

Wedding photos!

We absolutely loved working with Grace and Ben. They are both very talented and their eye for Beauty is uncanny. Our photos were a dream! I would use them again! :)

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Kirsten

Kirsten · Married on 07/21/2018

Outstanding videography!

We are so happy with our wedding film and the professionalism, attentiveness to detail, creativity and friendliness that Grace and Ben gave us leading up to the wedding, the day of and during the editing process. They made us feel really comfortable knowing what to expect and they truly valued our requests with the film. Their drone footage was exceptional! Grace and Ben are such a genuine, kind and talented duo and I wouldn't look any further for wedding videographers!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Melanie Laenen · Married on 07/14/2018

The absolute BEST!

We are SO HAPPY we chose to hire Grace & Ben / Novae Film and Photo as our videographers. They are incredibly talented and we are SO happy with our wedding films- but most importantly, they are wonderful people. It was truly special to be able to share the joy of our wedding day with people who genuinely love weddings & love love. Thank you Grace & Ben for capturing our day and for being all around awesome humans!!!!!!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Taylor · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I were so fortunate to hire Grace and Ben to be our wedding photographers! Our wedding literally would not have been the same without them. We chose to have our ceremony at our family camp in Casco Bay. Although engagement photos were not part of our wedding package, Grace and Ben included them so that they could scope out the site in advance and be prepared to get the absolute best photos on our wedding day. We opted to do our own wedding planning, which ended up working out really well with Grace's help. She sent us an example wedding day schedule several months before the wedding, which actually turned into my wedding guide. Everyone had a copy. Working with Grace and Ben on our wedding day was very easy; I was able to relax and not think about which photos were left or if we were missing anything or anyone. They helped us work through the inevitable hiccups that happened the day of and stayed with us to document the entire wedding day until they felt satisfied with the collection of photos. We are so happy we chose Novae Film and Photo; from the sneak peak that they sent us before we even landed on our honeymoon to the finished portfolio, their work is really something special.

Sent on 09/14/2018
  • Olivia Grace

Olivia · Married on 06/23/2018

Highly recommend

I booked Grace and Ben as the videographers for my wedding this summer, and I highly recommend them. They were wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. Grace was very quick to respond to emails and helped me figure out some of the logistics of the wedding day, such as when and where to have our first look. It rained most of the day leading up to our wedding but Grace and Ben made it work and were still able to get beautiful footage of us outside during our picture time before the ceremony. Our wedding video turned out better than I could’ve ever imagined. It perfectly captured the feeling of our wedding day. We had so much fun with our friends and family and every time I watch the video I feel like I’m reliving the day. I seriously can’t stop watching it—I’ve rewatched it at least 10 times since we got it last week. Grace and Ben, thank you SO MUCH for your amazing work!!!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Bridget · Married on 01/27/2018

Novae went above and beyond with our wedding video. They were so amazing to work with and very personable! And can I just say all our guests didn’t even notice them! They did an absolutely remarkable job with capturing our day, so gracefully. Our wedding video I still watch on replay and cry everytime. They nailed it right on the head. Everything I could have hoped for AND more! They captured every moment we could ever ever want! Every laugh every cry and all the antispaction leading up to! I’d reccomend them over and over and over again.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Amira · Married on 12/31/2017

Grace and Ben are EXTREMELY talented and create high quality films! Having them film our wedding was an absolute no-brainer. We really couldn't have picked a better videographer. They are thoughtful, fun, and open to hearing what awesome ideas you might have for your special day! A lot of people don't want to spend the additional money on videographers, but if you choose Novae Film you will quickly realize you would be willing to pay them double! They capture moments, memories and FEELINGS that pictures just can't replicate! Thank you Grace and Ben for being a HUGE part of our special day!!!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Alex · Married on 12/31/2017

Best Ever- you MUST book

Thank you very much to Grace and Ben for perfectly capturing my wedding. Those two are such amazing people and it was an honor to have them film our wedding. Don’t think twice about booking them, you are missing out if you don’t!

Sent on 11/19/2018

LARISA · Married on 11/11/2017

Best wedding photographers in the biz!! Grace and Ben were personable, professional, flexible and see easy to be with. Having people try to capture an intimate moment is no easy task, but Grace and Ben made this process so seamless. From getting ready, to incredible first look pictures, from the ceremony to the candids at the reception. they captured it all. i can't say enough good things about this company!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Amy · Married on 11/04/2017

I cannot say enough about the quality of Reel Maine Co: their work, their professionalism, Ben and Grace as a unit...wow. I have rewatched our video countless times and cried and laughed each and every single time. Grace and Ben were there from the conception of what we wanted as a vision for that day to the start and finish of our big day. Grace made sure I looked picture perfect, literally wiping the sweat away to catch the right photo. Ben followed my handsome groom all day to catch the little tidbits otherwise lost. We are so thankful to Reel Maine Co. for their creative minds and for their real love of what they do. We love you Grace and Ben!!!

Novae Film and Photo 12
    Sent on 05/15/2018

Kendall · Married on 10/14/2017

Grace and Ben exceeded our expectations on every level! From the moment we met them we knew it was going to be a great fit. Not only are they extremely talented, they have a wonderful presence as well. They were “invisible” when they needed to be and were always smiling and positive. We are beyond thrilled with their work and believe they were able to capture so many genuine moments because of how comfortable they made everyone around them feel. Look no further, Grace and Ben will make you laugh and smile on your big day and will produce a video that you will cherish forever! Thank you, thank you, Grace and Ben!!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Kayla · Married on 10/07/2017

Grace and Ben are very professional and just as excited for your big day as you are! They were so sweet and I could not ask for a better wedding feature film!!!

Sent on 05/21/2018