Northstar Entertainment Agency Reviews

39 | Lowell, MA

39 Reviews for Northstar Entertainment Agency

39 Northstar Entertainment Agency Reviews

Netta · Married on 06/29/2018

We contacted Northstar Entertainment to find a DJ for our June wedding. They were very responsive and friendly right from the start and we were pointed in the direction of contacting Steve Gamlin about our wedding. We chatted with him over the phone and we could tell just from that conversation he was super friendly, very knowledgable about what he does, and very enthusiastic. From there we knew he was the right choice! Throughout our time working together, Steve met with us to answer any questions we had and was so easy to talk to about what we envisioned for our wedding. He was always super responsive through many emails we exchanged throughout the process which we really appreciated. Using his own studio time, he also took songs we wanted for our wedding but we thought were too long and cut and spliced them together to make the song shorter and still sound perfect. We are so grateful for this touch he added and for his talent! Come our wedding day, he was calm, cool, collected, professional, and so fun as well! He took all of our suggestions and executed them exactly as we wanted. There were no unwanted or unexpected surprises throughout the night and out of all of our wedding vendors, we agreed he was one of the very best. Steve really made our day special from start to finish and we would recommend Steve Gamlin and Northstar Entertainment to anyone looking for a fantastic wedding DJ or band.

Daniel · Married on 12/30/2017

Steve did our wedding very recently and he was great to work with. Steve always answered us promptly when we communicated with him. He showed great enthusiasm for our song choices and made some great suggestions when we asked for them. He moved the night along greatly and kept our guests dancing until after midnight. We highly recommend him to others!

Greg · Married on 11/25/2017

Steve had been the DJ for a wedding my wife had been to years back. We looked to see if he was still in the business and I will be forever grateful that we did. We met Steve at a local coffee shop and from the second we talked to him, we knew he was the right man for the job. He is laid back, but yet professional and superior in his job performance. He was able to help us with song choices, give opinions, and always available. My wife and I work odd hours and Steve always wrote an email back right away. He was accommodating to several parent dances, 3 toasts, and several other requests we made. He always had a smile, and always made sure we knew he was there for us. I don't understand why anyone would use anyone else besides Steve. My wife and I are so thankful for the amazing job he did. The DJ will always make or break your wedding and we had several guest tell us our wedding was one of the best weddings they had been to recently. That is in big part thanks to Steve. Thank you Steve!!

Shosha · Married on 08/26/2017

Steve was amazing ! He kept everything running perfect and we couldn’t of been happier with our DJ pick. He kept everyone happy and dancing and laughing all night long. Excellent job Steve thanks so much!

Laurie · Married on 08/12/2017

Steve was great! So easy to work with and responded quickly to the multiple emails/messages we sent. Things can change by the minute when planning a wedding, and having a reliable, responsive & professional DJ set our minds at ease. Highly recommend!

Michael · Married on 07/01/2017

Steve was great! Couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Very professional, accommodating, easy to work with, and understanding of our wants, needs, and vision for our ceremony and reception. Highly recommended!

Val · Married on 06/17/2017

Hi, Steve and Dave were great at our June 2017 wedding. They were organized, helped me find playlists of the unique artist my fiancée and I enjoyed, and even dressed with our theme!

Of note Steve and Dave were somewhat last minute replacements when my first DJ fell through. I wish I had been with them from the beginning, it would have saved me the headache!

Bryanna · Married on 04/08/2017

Steve was wonderful! So easy to work with and kept everyone on the floor dancing all night!!!

Sandy · Married on 12/10/2016

I want to thank you for finding the best duo ever to play for my event. They are so diverse, they could play any song requested from rock and roll to Burt Bacharach. Kelly has a beautiful voice and Ray is a great pianist. My guests raved about Horizon Duo, and we danced all night. It was such a fun night, we will never forget. Please let John know that his efforts did not go unnoticed. After the party, I received several calls, texts, and cards from friends saying how much they enjoyed the event.

• User7441292 · 1+ year ago

From the second we first spoke to Northstar Entertainment we could not have been any more comfortable or impressed with their service. We were walked through the entire planning process of our ceremony and reception music, leaving a majority of it in their hands. During our wedding and after, our guests made it a point to say how excellent the ceremony performers and DJ were. Pure class. Come HIGHLY recommended.

Trygg · Married on 09/04/2016

Steve Gamlin and Northstar are great to work with, really good communicators and planners, and the end result was awesome. We had a great wedding and the music was perfect. The dance floor was packed all night.

Becky · Married on 07/16/2016

Even months after our wedding we are still receiving complements about our DJ Steve Gamlin. The dance floors was packed all night and he played a great variety of music. Our wedding venue even remarked to us about how professional and courteous Steve was to work with. Would highly recommend!

Kate · Married on 07/02/2016

Steve was so accommodating and easy to work with!

Great DJ, very professional. Did a fantastic job!

MATTHEW · Married on 06/10/2016

You can't go wrong with DJ Steve Gamlin. Highly professional and very accommodating to our requests. The first time we met Steve was at the wedding, all the planning was done long distance via email and phone.

My wife and I agree that paying a bit of a premium for Steve was well worth it. Everyone danced the night away and had a blast. More than a few of our guests commented that it was the best wedding music they've heard. If we had to do it over again, we wouldn't book a date until we knew Steve could be our DJ. He has our highest recommendation!

Melissa · Married on 06/06/2015

How on earth did we get so lucky as to have the guy who literally wrote the book about wedding DJ’ing handle our reception? DJ Steve is the best! He read the crowd perfectly for our cocktail hour, playing something for everyone. He was great at mixing all of our requests into the flow of the evening and handled the random crowd requests with perfection. Steve was a lot of fun to talk too, as well and we’d recommend him to anyone who is planning an event that requires a DJ. We'd actually like to have a party again, just to have Steve be our DJ.

Crystal · Married on 04/19/2015

We were lucky enough to have Steve Gamlin DJ our reception... He was awesome!!! Kept everything on track and we didn't have to worry about a thing! I had a lot of requests and lists of songs and we had everything we wanted to make our night even more special. Thank you, Northstar and thank you, Steve!!!!!!

Rebecca · Married on 09/20/2014

Working with Steve was easy and simple. Before the wedding, my husband and I met with him at Panera. He is very laid back and genuinely cares about what you want. 11 months before the wedding we went over the do not play list, the general feel we wanted, and started to brainstorm what songs we wanted. Steve has his own recording studio and said he could take anything we found (youtube, other) and clip it based on time according to our needs. A month before the wedding we sent in our final playlist (Steve went above and beyond in terms of flexibility telling us we could let him know of changes anytime... including the day of the wedding).

During the wedding, Steve arrived on time and got every single cue of the bridesmaids/groomsmen/bride transitions perfectly. During cocktail hour and dinner the music was just perfect (not stuffy, not boring... but lively and appropriate for dinner). Even more impressive was his ability to improvise. I asked him to play my college fight song about 15 minutes before it was needed, and he made it happen.

Most importantly, he was able to read the crowd. He was able to keep the music volume fun and lively so that everyone (including the older folks) could get up and enjoy the music. Towards the end of the reception, he turned the music up which was perfect for us 20/30 somethings. I am recommending Steve to friends getting married in the upcoming year and hope you enjoy working with him as much as I did!

Brianna · Married on 09/19/2014

Steve Gamlin was an amazing part of our wedding! He was so easy to work with and made sure my wedding went exactly as I wanted it to. He even remembered special requests that I would have forgotten I asked for amidst all the excitement of being a bride. He hands down granted all of my musical wishes! Everyone was raving about the music. Thank you Steve Gamlin for helping make my special day that much more amazing and personalized! Highly recommend!

• Shannon A

Shannon · Married on 05/23/2014

Steve Gamlin was our Dj. I would recommend him in a heartbeat. He played every single song on our must play list, didn't play anything from the do not play list, and kept people on the dance floor all night with his song choices and flow. He made sure to get the correct pronunciations of everyone being introduced, and edited our songs perfectly so that nobody could even tell (we wanted our parent dances and first dance to be shorter than the songs were). He even made a change to our entrance song when I called him the night before to tell him we needed it to be longer. We got tons of compliments on him from our guests. We couldn't be happier!

Michelle · Married on 01/25/2014

Steve Gamlin is absolutely amazing, he kept the party going, everybody loved him. I was so worried that nobody would dance but not one time I saw the dance floor empty!!!! couldn't be happier :)

Eliot · Married on 01/18/2014

I am a wedding photographer who has worked at several weddings alongside Steve (through coincidence, I am not associated with him professionally.) I have worked with dozens of DJs, but when the time came for me to choose a DJ for my own wedding, the choice was easy. Steve was affordable, and very responsive during communication leading up to the wedding. He was cooperative and affable with our other vendors, as well as our guests. His laid back and non-intrusive attitude put guests at ease without any cheesy games or gimmicks. He did a wonderful job of keeping the dance floor full with his music. He gracefully combined the music we had requested with his own choices based upon the feel of the crowd, and people absolutely loved it. I could not be happier; I have had multiple wedding guests tell me that our wedding was the funnest wedding they have ever been to, and a lot of that had to do with Steve; I would recommend him to anyone.

Jennifer · Married on 09/21/2013

I cannot begin to sing the praises of Steve Gamlin of Northstar Entertainment Agency, but I will try.

Steve came highly recommended; however, I needed to vet the disc jockey of my wedding.

We met for coffee one evening and after an hour, I knew that I needed to have Steve. He is extraordinarily well-versed in current and classic music. His access to a private studio allows him to create cuts of songs for entrances and for first and last dances.

His customer service is beyond compare. We ended up meeting with Steve again for coffee to finalize the playlist for the wedding. What Steve does best is listen. He was by far the easiest vendor to work with, which translated to a successful wedding day. His flexibility and patience when working with other vendors was superb.

Both families were supremely impressed at his humor, personality, professionalism, and his ability to read the feeling of a room. Once started, the dance floor was never empty, and in fact, people were sprinting up a hill to reach the dance floor at times.

If you are considering working with Steve, do yourself a favor and set up a meeting -- you will not be disappointed.

Claudia · Married on 07/20/2013

Amazing!! Everyone I spoke with a worked with from this company was fantastic. From John & Jamie on the administrative end to our DJ Steve Gamlin. All email inquires & phone calls were quickly replied to from John, Jamie & Steve. Steve checked in with me before the wedding to confirm details that we exchanged over email. He was very concerned with pronouncing everyone's names correctly, having the timing of reception events correct, playing the songs we requested, & avoiding those we didn't want. Over the phone & via email, John & Steve are easy to talk to, they were always sincere & honest in their opinions & always very professional! Steve was also very helpful providing a microphone & sound for the officiant at our outdoor ceremony, & communicating with our ceremony musicians about their needs. I highly recommend this company without reservations!

Nicole · Married on 06/01/2013

Steve Gamlin from Northstar Entertainment did an awesome job at our wedding! He was fun, energetic, and listened to all of our song requirements! Thank you Steve for making our day amazing!