Northeast Event Design Reviews

105 | Portland, ME

105 Reviews for Northeast Event Design

• CHRISTIE

Christie K. · Getting married on 06/03/2021

The best & only dj you should hire for your wedding!

Danny and his team were OUTSTANDING and made our wedding unforgettable! You don't just hire a DJ, but an entire night of entertainment! Danny is so professional and knowledgable in his profession, keeping up on the latest trends in entertainment and music! He kept the party going until the very end and all the guests raved about how great the music was throughout the entire night! I will never use any other company and HIGHLY recommend Northeast Event Design! They are worth every penny and I would give them 10 stars if I could! The BEST in the business, hands down!!!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Dominic · Married on 02/09/2021

Exceeded Our High Expectations

I cannot express how highly I recommend the DJ services of Northeast Event Design. Having great music on our wedding day was a very high priority for my bride and I. After attending MANY weddings over the years we understand how important it is to have a skilled DJ. We had an initial meeting with Danny to discuss our vision and multiple check-ins over the months leading up to our wedding to make sure all the details were perfectly planned. He listened to everything we wanted he was extremely thorough and also treated us like we had been friends for years. When our wedding day arrived we were completely at ease knowing that Danny had us covered. His attention to detail was impeccable and exceeded our already high expectations. We also received a ton of positive feedback from our guests. Worth every penny.

Sent on 12/04/2020
  • Jaime

Jaime P. · Married on 10/03/2020

Communicative, Entertaining, and Reliable!

Planning a wedding during a pandemic proved to be challenging in so many ways but fortunately for us, Greg was always confident that our wedding would be fun and memorable no matter the obstacles.  What can I say?  This is the guy who makes or breaks a wedding!  And he didn’t disappoint. Throughout the craziness of this summer’s planning Greg was always in contact and always made us feel at ease about any worries we may have had.  He was absolutely fantastic. Easy to talk to. Great voice! Awesome communication!  And really cares...sincerely.  Greg was like having another party planner on the day of and leading up to our wedding.  He wanted to know all of the details and made us feel super relaxed about our scheduling and plans for the big day.  We knew whatever might come up would be managed and we wouldn’t even notice. He was just the extra security we needed knowing he had all the bases covered. He was over prepared and brought tons of extra cables and patch cords for video or whatever was needed. He had plenty of backup setup just in case. We knew he could fill in if needed for the ceremony musicians and cocktail hour. We sent him a playlist of just our general interest of music we listened and songs we absolutely wanted to hear. He helped us out with last minute details; setting us up with some outdoor lighting and even surprised us with personalized graphic for the DJ booth!  We had so much fun and regardless of being an intimate wedding we felt our small group was having the best time. I can honestly say my husband and I danced the WHOLE night!!!  And we got so many compliments about our DJ!  Thank you Greg!

Sent on 11/30/2020
  • Joe

Joe · Married on 10/03/2020

The Best Event Director!

DJ Danny and Joe were the best event directors! They were one of 2 key vendors that were constantly reliable and dependable, always keeping our wedding on pace with how we wanted and discussed beforehand. Danny kept a continuous, open line of communication, working with our budget, with other vendors and with the theme and overall aesthetic of our wedding. Joe helped Danny behind the scenes wherever needed and went above and beyond what was asked of him, which helped out alot!

Sent on 12/12/2020
  • Whitney

Whitney Y. · Married on 09/19/2020

Not your ordinary DJ

We got to experience Danny’s work at my sisters wedding, so hiring him wasn’t even a question for us. Danny’s energy is contagious, he is so much fun and had everyone dancing the entire night. Leading up to the wedding, Danny is very responsive, easy going, and accommodating. He helped us pick out the perfect songs for every part of the day, and his custom display and set up is beautiful, it adds so much to the overall look. Aside from being such talented DJ, Danny also plays a huge role in the sticking to the timeline. He worked very closely with our day of coordinator to make sure he knew every detail of the day. He was able to guide people to the next location/ event, while maintaining the perfect flow to the evening. Danny even pays attention to the finer details, he keeps an eye on the clock to make sure we have time for everything... ie reminding us when it was time for sunset photos. I can’t say enough great things about Danny, I would hands down recommend him to everyone I know. We are so grateful to have him be a part of the most amazing day!!

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • mariana

Mariana · Married on 08/24/2019

Wedding DJ

Absolutely fantastic! Would recommend over and over again!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • F

Felicia M. · Married on 07/13/2019

Best DJ ever!

Danny was literally the best DJ ever!!! So many people came to me after the wedding telling me how “amazing the DJ was!!!” He knew all the right songs to play to keep the party going! So helpful throughout the whole entire wedding planning process! I’m the most indecisive person there is and Danny was so helpful sending us all kinds of song lists to choose from. And so patient with me!! Would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Maura D. · Married on 06/29/2019

Danny Knocked it out of the park!!

If you are still in search of an entertainer/DJ for your wedding or special event stop everything you’re doing and send an email to Danny at North East Event Design and BOOK HIM! Danny exceeded all of our expectations from start to finish. We booked him based on his fabulous reviews and we are here to say that he truly set the tone for our wedding reception in such a natural, organized, collaborative, and FUN way! We had a few special requests and specific details and Danny shared in our excitement and helped us execute them all seamlessly. He was communicative from start to finish and always responded quickly to emails. He took the time to get to know us and understand our crowd to ensure that everyone had the best time possible. Danny ALWAYS made sure we knew what to anticipate at every point during the reception timeline which was extremely helpful for everyone. He communicated with each person doing a speech to make sure they knew when they were on deck, where to put their toasting glass, where the mic would be etc. We hope we someday have another opportunity to book Danny because not only is he an incredibly talented and organized professional, he is a phenomenal and genuine person.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Erin · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfection

I can not say enough good things about Greg from Northeast Event Designs. He was so friendly and personable to deal with from the first communication I knew he was a good fit. Once we got into the weeds of things I was so excited to be working with him and his company as they do and provide so many added features to make a wedding or event so unique and special.
    We opted to add the lighting and Social wall which was a HUGE hit and so perfect. We had photo slideshows for dances and dinner, and people could upload photos, and even had music videos it was the best vibe for our crowd. The dance floor was never empty except maybe the occasional mishaps with drinks.
    I cannot say enough good things about our experience. He was professional but still just kind of the friendly neighbor who you could even joke with and laugh. He was so helpful through the process and made everything such a smooth process. He even dealt with the last minute changes that came up and it was like it was planned all along.

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Audra M. · Married on 06/08/2019

Book now!

Worth every penny! We had the pleasure of working with DJ Danny! We booked him for our wedding in June and he was amazing. He was present but not annoying, he knew exactly what songs to play to keep the whole crowd amused! We had some tough requirements and let me tell you he met everyone! He knew and helped with things my wedding planner didn’t even think of! Book him now !!!!!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Alex S. · Married on 05/26/2019

Thank you Greg!

When planning our wedding, my husband and I were very particular about who our entertainment would be. We have been to so many weddings and bar/bat mitzvah parties where the entertainment was horrible, either playing music that was engaging or appealing only to a small number of people (by being too clubby, or by using such tired, predictable and cheesy music) or by having an emcee who was so obnoxious and made the whole night about themselves. We knew that our friends and family were coming to celebrate and dance, and so we interviewed a bunch of bands and a few DJs trying to find the right people to lead our party. We ultimately decided to book with Northeast Event Design. This was a fantastic decision!

Throughout the planning process Greg was a delight to work with! He was responsive, promptly answering all of our questions, and was really helpful in providing suggestions, while still making sure that our wedding reflected our vision for the day. He was so great at personalizing and organizing the day to make sure it was truly OUR wedding.

Our wedding was an absolute blast! Seriously, the dance floor was packed all night. If Greg can make a playlist that kept our 85-year-old grandparents, our teenaged cousins, our 20- and 30-something friends and our parents and their friends all dancing all night, then he can truly do anything!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Jason C. · Married on 04/06/2019

could not ask for more

Northeast Even Design, was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning. We both knew that the music makes or breaks a wedding, so we went with the recommendation of one of the groomsmen. The highest praise I can give Greg is the best kind of vendor, the one you don't have to worry about. He showed up well in advanced, double checked with us several times, and kept the dance floor hopping. Any issues or problems that he incurred during our event, he handled them himself or grabbed someone else, and left us to enjoy the night. He knew the secret to getting people on the floor was to get the kids out there dancing, and even got my side of the family that historically never danced. The reception went off with out a hitch, any time changes we need to make to accommodate running a few minutes late he rolled with really well. The reception could not have been better and that is in large part to Greg's great skill at MCing and keeping the floor packed

Sent on 04/09/2019

Kelly · Married on 11/10/2018

Hire this company and you will not be disappointed!!

My husband and I could not be happier with hiring Northeast Event Design for our wedding! Not only did Danny provide music perfectly picked out for us, but he was incredibly helpful and ensured that everything went smoothly for us throughout the day. Along with the music, Danny provided an entertainment setup with a monogram screen of our names he designed, as well as uplighting throughout our barn venue, that tied it all together beautifully. We would both highly recommend Danny, and Northeast Event Design, to be a part of your big day, or any party you are planning!

Sent on 02/07/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly R. · Married on 11/10/2018

Hire this company and you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Katie · Married on 11/03/2018

Phenomenal DJ!

We really could not have asked for a better DJ! From start to finish, Danny was extremely nice and professional and just plain easy to work with. He definitely took a lot of stress away from the wedding planning process with his responsiveness and detailed questions. He made an effort to get to know us which was really nice. He also provided us with a detailed questionnaire to guide us through the process of the timing for the night and music we wanted for each part of the reception. He thought of ideas that hadn’t crossed our minds, but added a lot to the night. We loved that he wanted to meet in person to go through the questionnaire with us so he could introduce himself before the reception too. During the reception he checked in with us throughout the night to make sure we were happy, to let us know certain announcements were about to be made and to make sure the names for intros were pronounced correctly. He kept the dance floor packed the whole night and did a great job reading the crowd so he knew when to switch up the music. During the night I had a few friends come up to me and tell me the music so far was fantastic. He played a great mix of everything from oldies for our parents generation to 90s for our friends to some fun dance music for when we broke out the glow sticks at the end of the night. He even surprised us with special foam glow sticks to go along with ours. I could go on and on, but bottom line is you won’t be upset if you go with Danny and Northeast Event Design. He was phenomenal!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Jerilyn L. · Married on 10/12/2018

Professional, Easy Going and Excellent at their craft

I planned our wedding in Maine from across the country (California) and I didn't even get to meet Greg in person until the day of our wedding, but I didn't need to because just after a few conversations over the phone I knew he was our guy! He was incredibly easy going, was flexible with our non-traditional requests and created such a wonderful and welcoming atmosphere for our guests during cocktail hour and dinner and then a party vibe for dancing! I would HIGHLY recommend Greg and Northeast Event Design!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/29/2018

For a successful wedding day I cannot stress the importance of a phenomenal DJ/Emcee, and Dan from Northeast Event Design was just that! He was in contact with us throughout our planning process, responded to emails in a timely manner, and met with us prior to our event to walk through our entire timeline. Although our venue came with a day of coordinator, it was Dan who oversaw the entire day and made our wedding run smoothly. He worked seamlessly with our vendors, checked in on us throughout the event, and honored many of our guests late night dance requests! If you are looking for an "all in one" DJ and Emcee to make your event one to remember for both you and your guests, Northeast Event Design is the way to go. I would highly recommend Dan as he took the responsibility of our most important day incredibly seriously and delivered ten fold!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Kendra · Married on 09/29/2018

Gold Standard DJ - Look no further!

Truly look no further for a wedding DJ! Greg was absolutely top notch from our initial outreach to executing everything flawlessly on the day-of. Responsive, flexible, and creative - Greg and his team will work tirelessly to make sure your event goes off with out a hitch. Not only is Greg just an all around great guy and easy/fun to work with - but he's so clearly passionate about his work, and it shines through in many different ways. He was one of our most organized vendors, and was constantly planning and thinking ahead about specific details that were unique to our venue and were a true mark of a professional and veteran in this field. Our ceremony was rather remote with minimal power capabilities and a lot of moving parts, but Greg never missed a beat and all the songs lined up perfectly - and the microphones were just the right volume. Greg also worked with us to craft tailored playlists for our reception and cocktail hour that fit our personality as a couple perfectly - and he kept the dance floor packed the whole night! Also - a quick note on lighting...I never realized how much a few small key lighting details can transform a space until we saw Greg's vision come to life. When in doubt - Go with the lighting options! If that wasn't enough, Greg also remixed a couple of songs just for us - because that's just the kind of guy he is! We truly cannot recommend Greg and Northeast Event Design enough - we'll never use another DJ/Event Company!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Maija D. · Married on 09/22/2018

We would recommend Northeast Event Design 10 out of 10 times!

Before we met Greg, Northeast Event Design had been recommended to us by family and friends but we knew that we wanted to make an informed decision for our special day. After all, one's wedding entertainment is one of the best investments you can make when planning your day. Which is why we were fortunate to meet Greg at the 2017 Freeport Wedding Show. He was kind, far from salesy, and willing to let us think things through.

After the wedding show, we met up with Greg at a local Dunkin Donuts and ended up closing the place down... little did we know it'd become a trend when later we closed down a local restuarant. Let's just say that sometimes in life you click with people and we definitely did with him. We knew he'd be the perfect DJ for our wedding!

Greg was amazing to work with from start to finish. He gave us all our options and even went out of his way to go to our venue with us to see it in person and test out lighting. He was understanding and came through with every one of our requests.

Fast forward to our wedding day and Greg did not disappoint! He worked well with our wedding coordinators, family, and friends. He truly ran the show. He knew what songs to play to keep the dancing going right until the last song!

Not only did we get the best DJ around but gained a friend in the process. If you're looking for a DJ, in need of lighting, or wedding entertainment, we would recommend Northeast Event Design 10 out of 10 times!

XO, Corey & Maija Dyke

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • Keren

Keren · Married on 09/02/2018

Words cannot express how thrilled we were that we chose to use Northeast Event Design for our wedding. We worked with Danny DeBruin who completely exceeded our expectations every step of the way. He was entertaining, adaptable, knowledgeable, extremely professional, and had an incredible attention to detail that was so extremely helpful during the planning process (we were so grateful for the questionnaire!). Danny blew us away on the day of our wedding. He kept the party going, read our crowd easily, and effortlessly transitioned the night forward. Danny was the only vendor we went over budget for and we are so grateful we did because it was worth every penny. A good or bad DJ can make or break the party and Danny did an incredible job!! I cannot recommend him and Northeast Event Design enough to ANY bride looking for the absolute highest quality of service and professionalism available in Maine. Thank you Danny for everything!!! You were amazing!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Abbey · Married on 09/01/2018

We are so thankful Danny served as our wedding DJ! This vendor was super important to us, as we knew it's not uncommon for DJs to steal the show. Danny was the opposite -- it was not about him, but rather delivering a celebration that met (and exceeded) our desires. From the very beginning to end, he was highly professional, responsive, consciencious, and genuinely passionate about what he does. He followed the vision and direction we offered (plays / do-not-plays, etc).... and where we gave him creative license, he hit a home run. He has a unique talent for reading the vibe / energy of the crowd and responding with just the right music. We had countless guests comment on how much they enjoyed the dance party. And truly, I (the bride) remember looking around the dance floor and noticing how HAPPY everyone seemed. It was awesome. We recommend without reservation!

Sent on 09/14/2018
  • W

Will · Married on 08/25/2018

Best and Easiest Decision We Ever Made!

Danny was the unsung hero of our wedding! He made the entire process incredibly easy(even when we weren't). Danny's personal touch, understanding, and desire to make the event exactly what we had imagined cannot be understated! The entire wedding was on the dance floor the entire night! Our wedding would not have been nearly as special had it not been for Danny! Choosing Northeast Event Designs should be the easiest decision you make for your whole wedding, and I promise Danny will make it the most fun wedding any of your guests have ever attended!

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 08/18/2018

We were so happy with Greg at Northeast Event Design!
    He was organized and professional. He even accommodated additional hours because the party was still going! :)
    He even shared an amazing video from our day that we saved and will cherish forever!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Maria · Married on 07/28/2018

We can't say enough about Danny. He was an amazing help before, during and after our wedding. He is incredibly professional, but still personal and fun. It is evident that he takes the importance of the day very seriously. He kept everything moving smoothly, was quick to help when a snag in the timeline came up and spun absolute JAMS all night! So many people have said to us that he was the best DJ they've ever heard at a wedding, and it's true. Danny is the top of his craft and if you don't book Northeast Event Design for your wedding or event than you're doing it wrong.

Sent on 08/15/2018

Alicia · Married on 07/21/2018

Hiring Greg was one of the best decisions we made. During the ceremony his sound system was perfect for our outdoor oceanfront wedding. His sound system (clear and great sound) and DJ skills left our dance floor packed for the whole night. He took our ideas and song choices and created an amazing atmosphere all night long. We asked him to make us a surprise dance mix last minute and he did so within 24 hours!!! It was absolutely AMAZING! The photo booth was a hit for all ages. We are so happy to have even more photos of an unforgettable night. The uplighting was flawless and added a lot to our venue!

Alicia & Johan