North Arrow Creative Reviews

22 Reviews for North Arrow Creative

• Chelsea

Chelsea Smith · Getting married on 11/11/2020

Absoute best

We were so lucky to use North Arrow Creative for our engagement, wedding, and boudoir session! They are so talented and innovative with their work. We LOVE everything they captured and the special touches they put on things. Having amazing photos and video was a top priority for us and Rachel and Kyle were with us each step of the way, making the planning effortless. They responded to each of our questions promptly and helped ease any worries on the day of. Honestly they are the most fun to work with. The engagement session was the first encounter working with them and we were blown away with how much fun we had! And of course by how unbelievable the photos and video turned out.
    As far as boudoir sessions go, I highly recommend working with Rachel. She made me feel so comfortable and at ease during the session with some great music and lots of laughter! It was a wonderful experience. Not only are they extremely passionate about their work, they are amazing people who we are now proud to call our friends. Not only will these photos last forever, but so will our friendship. We can not thank them enough for giving us beautiful photos and video.

Sent on 04/07/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa Beitzel · Married on 04/24/2020

Best Photographers!

Rachel and Kyle are the best! They made us feel so comfortable taking photos and we were so impressed with them and the photos of our big day! I am so glad we found them and we are definitely looking forward to hiring them for any of our future photography needs!

Sent on 05/29/2020

Kendra Jatho · Married on 03/14/2020

North Arrow Creative made this bride so so happy!

Choosing North Arrow Creative to capture our special day was hands down THE BEST decision we made throughout the whole wedding planning process. From the engagement session to wedding day, Kyle and Rachel made us feel so comfortable and loved which made for capturing amazing photos for us to enjoy forever. They invest so much time and energy into their work and put their whole hearts into each part of the process which truly shows! Our wedding party loved interacting with them and they were so easy to work with - very efficient yet very professional and fun! We would choose this team over and over again for all of our life events with full confidence they would capture our memories beautifully!

Sent on 03/21/2020

North Arrow Creative's reply:

We loved capturing your wedding and engagement! Loved getting to explore Maeystown with you guys!!! Thank you so much for the kind words!

Cassidy H · Married on 03/05/2020

Wedding Boudior

We had a bridal boudoir shoot recently and I really loved working with Rachel and Kyle. They made me feel confident and beautiful and I really loved the images I got back.

Sent on 01/28/2020

North Arrow Creative's reply:

Thank you so much, Cassidy! I loved capturing Boudoir images with you and appreciate your continued support!

xo,
    Rachel
  • Leslie

Leslie Furdek · Married on 11/16/2019

The Most Amazing Photographers You Will Ever Meet

My wife and I stumbled on North Arrow Creative's page when searching for a local photographer to do our engagement session and wedding day. We reached out to them and they quickly set up a Skype session to learn more about us and give us the opportunity to put a face (faces) to the name. From that moment on, we knew we had the right team to help us document our wedding experience. Kyle and Ray are an amazing team who are passionate about love, in all forms, and show that through every conversation, hang out, and picture they take. Kyle and Ray even traveled with us to Kansas City to take our engagement pictures in some of the most important places to us. Prior to our wedding day, we got the chance to hang out with them again and go over every single detail of the day. They never leave a meeting until every question has been answered or scenario explored, which I could not have appreciated more. Our pictures turned out more amazing than I could have ever imagined. Once the wedding day is over, all you will have left of the day are the pictures and videos, so choosing a photographer is, in my opinion, your most important decision.....CHOSE NORTH ARROW CREATIVE....you will not be disappointed. We have gained 2 new friends in Kyle and Ray and will use them for any major life event moving forward.

Sent on 12/10/2019

North Arrow Creative's reply:

You guys are the best!!! We had so much fun on your engagement session and at your wedding and we truly appreciate you!!!
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn Seyer · Married on 10/12/2019

Stop contemplating, book your session today!

A little more than a month before getting married, I plucked up the courage to do a boudoir session as a gift for my significant other. While trying to find a photographer, I ran across Rachel and North Arrow Creative. I immediately fell in love with their photos and work! I was nervous reaching out, especially with such a time crunch. Rachel was amazing!! She was so helpful in getting me a slot for my shoot and helping me plan my wardrobe. She was very positive and reassuring about the whole experience. The shoot was great and definitely not awkward like I thought it would be. Rachel is so sweet and funny! Definitely breaks any awkward tension and makes you feel comfortable. She was so quick in getting my gallery back to me, which was such a relief since I waited till the last minute. She sent me sample spreads of the album I wanted to make sure it was exactly how I imaged. Everything turned out so amazing! The album was perfect and my husband loved it! It definitely ended up being just as much a gift for myself as for him. I never knew how much confidence an experience like this can give. It was much needed, especially in the tabloid world we live in. I honestly was blown away when I saw some of the photos she took and couldn’t believe that was me. It was such a different light to see myself from her creative perspective. I would highly recommend utilizing Rachel and North Arrow Creative for a boudoir shoot or any other photography needs!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Rachael Yadmaec · Married on 06/08/2019

Extremely talented and incredibly genuine people!

I HIGHLY recommend Rachel & Kyle. They're extremely sweet people and made us feel so comfortable during our shoot. They both have an amazing eye for scenery and made this process so easy for us. They were so patient with us as we needed to change locations and stop for feeding breaks for our daughter. Rachel's creativity + Kyles hospitality and attention to detail makes them the perfect Duo.

Sent on 03/24/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2019

Boudoir Session

I knew I wanted to do a boudoir session & gift it to my husband on our wedding day. As with many people, I was a little nervous about the whole process. I must say though, Rachel & I completely hit it off the first time we met. When I reached out to her about the boudoir session, she couldn’t have been more excited & helpful. Throughout the shoot, she made me feel 100% comfortable. We laughed & listened to music, it was such a wonderful experience & for those that may feel a little apprehensive—know that Rachel will take away any nervous feelings you may have. She got my photos back to me in a very timely manner & her willingness to work with all of my wants & needs in the photos is so much more appreciated than I could ever express to her. She fulfilled every single request of mine quickly & my album turned out beautifully. She has a true gift, from her personable attitude down to her amazing photography skills, she is just fantastic. I will always recommend Rachel as well as the entire team at North Arrow Creative for any photography & videography needs.

Sent on 01/30/2020

North Arrow Creative's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words and for your bravery and vulnerability! I LOVED photographing your boudoir photos - I hope we do it again someday soon!!!

xo
    Rachel

Andrew · Married on 03/23/2019

Simply the BEST

I cannot say enough good things about the team at North Arrow Creative. From the very beginning, Kyle and Rachel made the entire process an enjoyable one. They took the time to get to know me and my wife and use that to capture our story in the best way possible. From their timelines to their blogposts, they were simply incredible. I liked that during the wedding ceremony, we had these trees that were blocking the fire escape. At the very base, out of any camera shot, Kyle was tucked away recording every second of our intimate moment. I would HIGHLY recommended this team to anyone who wants to tell their unique story in a cool and creative way!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Justin and Jenny Cottingham · Married on 01/19/2019

Perfect experience

My wife and I recently used North Arrow to photograph our wedding day and could not be happier! A few months back we used them for our engagement shoot and loved not only how professional both Kyle and Rachel were but how down to earth they were and how much they enjoyed what they do. We knew then that that they were a perfect fit. They captured every special moment of our wedding day and we were honored to have them with us.

Sent on 02/17/2019

Jared Parker · Married on 11/17/2018

Nobody better

Rachel and Kyle are everything that you want and much more! From the first moment that we reached out to them, they wanted to be invested in our story and personally involved with us. For them it was about making sure that we got what we wanted. They offered us lots of photography packages to choose from, and they helped us choose one that fit our budget and our vision. They went out of their way to communicate with us and make sure that we were on the same page and happy with the whole process. They scheduled multiple meetings with us so that they could get to know us better, learn our personalities, and be able to capture the very best moments of our wedding day! Not only is their effort and work ethic amazing, their talent is equally fantastic! The pictures that they took were phenomenal, every one of them. Their staging, their variety, their locations choices, their angles, the quality and lighting, and everything else was done with great attention to detail and pride in their work. They work well together, they were very fun and easy to work with, and even better, they were very good at working with our family and friends on the day of our wedding. You have to understand, we had 19 people in our bridal party, not including my wife and I. That’s a lot to handle for anyone, much less a photographer who’s trying to keep a tight schedule! Rachel and Kyle did an incredible job of both keeping it light and fun and using our friends’ high amounts of energy, and still keeping things moving and flowing smoothly from location to location. The pictures were finished within a month after our wedding, we absolutely love them, and we would highly recommend Rachel and Kyle to EVERYBODY! They have very bright futures in photography!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Ami · Married on 10/05/2018

Best Photographers EVER!!!!

Kyle and Rachel are not only the best photographers and videographers that I have ever encountered, they’re two seriously incredible people. The first time I met Kyle and Ray few years back, I knew that I would want them to shoot my wedding one day. These two have worked numerous hours Nonstop to make sure Rok and I had the best wedding experience and memories. I was blown away by the details, the emotions, the feelings and the stories the photos and videos have told. These two are incredible. If you are looking for photographers to capture the REAL moments, the best ones... You found them! They are incredible at what they do, and are so much fun to be around! Thank you for making our day the most special and leaving us memories we’ll watch over and over again. We love you guys❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 12/24/2018

Rebecca Suen Thessen · Married on 09/22/2018

The Best!!

I hired Rachel and Kyle to do a family Christmas Photoshoot with our dog, and it was seriously the best experience ever! Not only were they well prepared and on time for the shoot, they made sure that everyone (including my dog!) felt comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process. Being in front of the camera can be stressful for some, but with Rachel and Kyle, they made sure we enjoyed every minute of it. I seriously can not recommend them highly enough! Absolute professionals. Same goes with my boudoir shoot with Rachel. She made me feel so confident and beautiful, and the photos turned out so gorgeous and elegant. Boudoir shoots, as one can imagine, can be a very nerve wrecking experience. But that wasn’t the case at all due to Rachel’s friendliness and professionalism.

Sent on 01/29/2020

Tommy Hunkins · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing! Best photos and video ever!

Choosing North Arrow as our photographers was the BEST and easiest decision of the wedding planning process!

We knew Rachel and Kyle from several friends' weddings and always loved their style. When it came time to plan our own, we initially went with a combo package of DJ and photographer, but had some concerns about the quality of the photos and video. While it may have been cheaper, you get what you pay for, and when it comes to a wedding day - you've only got one shot to get a good pic!

We decided to meet with Rachel and Kyle to talk through what a package with them would look like and are so happy we did! After deciding to make the switch, everything from there was a breeze!

We had a pretty good idea of the style and direction we wanted for the photos, and Kyle and Rachel not only listened to that, but took it and executed it exactly - 10 times better than we could have imagined!

We're so happy with the photos and video from our wedding day and would recommend North Arrow to anyone and everyone! You won't regret it! :)

Sent on 06/27/2019

laurend · Married on 08/11/2018

My sister wanted to capture the exact moment she surprised our family with the news that she was pregnant with the first grandchild. And my background in marketing told me that using a friend with an iPhone just wouldn’t cut it.
    Enter Rachel to save the day! She worked with us to plan a double shoot: an engagement session for me that was the “cover story” for getting everyone together for the family session, plus the surprise portrait (all planned with only 2 short weeks' notice).

Rachel knew all the quintessential St Louis spots to suggest, and was also flexible and trusting enough to go along us when we told her there was this “great little pond that may or may not be under construction that held special meaning to us.”
    My fiancé, who hates having his photo taken but had also worked with professional photographers for years as a Creative Director, was impressed with Rachel and even started enjoying being on the other side of the camera for a change!
    Thank you, Rachel, for capturing such magical moments with our growing family!

Sent on 04/05/2018
  • Ste

Ste Ly · Married on 07/28/2018

Hire this team if you love candid, in-the-moment photos

We hired North Arrow for our engagement session and loved not only the quality of their work but how enjoyable they made our session and time together. They spent extra time on all of the details for a shot and made it an enjoyable experience for my fiance (who isn't crazy about taking photos.. much less a photo session) and I.

The style of the shots is exactly that we were hoping to achieve-- natural, eclectic with a little bit of hipster/rad flavor. We were not interested in "posey" photos and I would say their style compliments for in-the-moment magic. We loved working with them so much we ended up hiring them for our wedding as well! Truly a great experience throughout. Communication with their team was also quick and professional.

Sent on 01/19/2019

Makila · Married on 05/19/2018

Rachel is awesome! So far, we have only done our engagement photos with her, but we are also having her shoot our wedding. The pictures turned out amazing and she was able to pick a spot that both my fiance and I loved! She used multiple cameras which made for a variety of pictures that all turned out great! Also, she was very helpful in telling us how we should pose with each other :)

Sent on 02/23/2018

Kayleigh · event on: 11/06/2017

I reached out to Rachel for family photos after admiring her work photographing our friends' children. Since our initial six-month shoot for my eldest daughter, we've returned to Rachel to capture our eldest's one year birthday and now her sister's newborn photos.

What I liked about Rachel's work is that each shot is fresh, crisp and captures the real spirit of each person. She zeroes in on the person and is somehow able to bring out intricacies of each individual that aren't easily caught on film. What I always appreciate about working with Rachel is that she continues to shoot, long after the original still shot, to ensure the photographs catch our true personalities. Some of my absolute favorite portraits that we've printed and hung in our home are those where we're all laughing together in the moment.

I highly recommend Rachel for any portrait photography need, including family and children, and look forward to the next opportunity we have to work together.

Sent on 02/12/2018

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband Liam and I highly recommend Rachel for all of your photography needs! Rachel provided us with excellent service for both our engagement and wedding photos. From the very beginning, Rachel was very professional and personable. She met with us and was able to guide us through the steps and details of her photography style. She also kept in touch with us in the months before the wedding in order to help create a wedding day timeline of events.

For both the engagement session and the wedding, Rachel made us feel comfortable and relaxed so that she could capture some really amazing photos! She was very flexible and gave some really great suggestions for locations and poses. Rachel managed to capture all of the emotions throughout the day, like the “getting ready” shots, the first-look with my dad, Liam’s reaction as I was walking down the aisle, and the excitement of our guests dancing at the reception.

We are extremely happy with the photos that we received from Rachel! Every time I look at them, it’s like I’m transported back to that special day. We will definitely use Rachel’s photography services in the future, and will recommend her to anyone who is looking for creative and high quality photos!

- Sam and Liam

Sent on 02/07/2018

Meredith · Married on 10/13/2017

I'm so glad we went with Rachel for our wedding photos. Aside from the pictures being amazing, Rachel and Kyle were a blast to work with on our wedding day! They showed up exactly when planned in the morning, had the entire day of shots planned out and timed perfectly, were super cool and easy to get along with and everything just flowed seamlessly (even the pictures with our dogs)! We absolutely love our pictures and can't wait for our album as well. Our wedding party even commented on how great they were! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/01/2018

Amanda · Married on 04/29/2017

I absolutely LOVED working with Rachel! She is very accommodating and super talented. I think the one thing that makes her stand out from the rest is that she has a sense of humor and she makes you feel very relaxed and comfortable. She made the chaos of wedding planning way less stressful because I knew everything in the photography department was being taken care of and she had it under control. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 02/13/2018
  • Catherine

Catherine Martin · Married on 09/04/2016

Talented and Laid Back Photography Team

Kyle & team did a phenomenal job photographing our wedding. They captured every moment perfectly, and provided a kind, calming presence throughout the day. I couldn't ask for anything more in a photography and video team. Even four years later, Kyle will still answer my email questions immediately. I would recommend them to anyone looking for beautiful wedding photos from an easygoing, approachable (and very talented!) group of professionals.

Sent on 04/17/2020