North Arrow Creative Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
    Ali H. Sent on 03/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hands down the BEST/Coolest/Most Creative Photos EVER!

There's cool and creative – and then there's Rachel. From her genuine kindness to her incredible artistic eye, Rachel brings the type of light, energy and support to every session that TRULY makes you feel at home in your own skin. (Even if you're awkward like me!)

Whether you want a traditional photos or something a little more edgy, she brings ideas to light that will far exceed your expectations. And the photos??? Well, they're nothing short of *CHEF'S KISS* (I look at them 10x a day and might even use them for my Christmas card???)

Anyway, I am so lucky to have found North Arrow and can't wait to work with them again in the future!!!
    Jaclyn P. Sent on 03/21/2024

Strongly recommend!

I am so happy that we chose North Arrow to capture our wedding day. They were professional, friendly, and creative throughout the whole process. They listened to our vision and preferences, and delivered stunning photos and videos that exceeded our expectations.
    Their team was amazing on the day of the wedding. They arrived early, set up their equipment, and blended in seamlessly with our guests. They were respectful, courteous, and fun to work with. They captured every moment of our ceremony and reception, from the emotional vows to the hilarious speeches to the lively dance floor. They also took us to some beautiful locations for our portraits, and gave us helpful directions and suggestions.
    The final products were delivered earlier than expected and in high quality. We were blown away by the photos and videos that they created. They captured the essence of our wedding day, the emotions, the details, the atmosphere, everything. They also edited the photos and videos beautifully, with natural colors, smooth transitions, and fitting music. We love how they organized the photos and videos in an online gallery, making it easy for us to access and share them.
    We are so grateful to North Arrow for their amazing work. They gave us memories that we will cherish forever. We highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer/videographer. They are the best!
    Keersten R. Sent on 12/28/2023

Photography

I loved my experience with Rachel! She was easy to work with and great at communicating my options! I highly recommend north arrow for anyone who wants to get good pictures and feel comfortable getting them!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Dolly H. Sent on 02/22/2024
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best boudoir and wedding photographers

I had an absolute pleasure of doing a boudoir shoot with Rachel and let me tell you, even tho it was my first time ever shooting boudoir, Rachel did THE BEST at directing me with poses and guiding me throughout our session and I did not feel uncomfortable or uneasy even for a second. Needless to say the outcome of that shoot was beyond amazing and I am in love with all the perfect portraits in the album. The retouching and editing she does on all her portraits is exceptional.
    Not just that, I have known Rachel and Kyle for a few years now and have seen them first hand doing amazing photography on the venue. They captured my sister’s entire wedding right from their engagement celebration to their pre wedding and till the reception night. We absolutely love north arrow creative and we would recommend it to all our friends and family for all their future celebrations and occasions.
    Rachel, you are amazing inside and out 🩷
    Jena H. Sent on 11/13/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing!! Rachel is so awesome and easy to work with. She made my vision come to life!

Absolutely loved working with Rachel and loved all my images!
    Paige A. Sent on 09/05/2023

Boudoir Photography

If you are looking for the ultimate hype woman for you boudoir shoot, look no further! Rachel made me feel comfortable and confident in a way I never would’ve imagined. I am so happy with my images and honestly, I still have a hard time believing that they are me! Rachel’s tips and posing guidance will leave you looking like a model 😊
  • Alicen
    Alicen R. Sent on 08/22/2023

Best Photography Team!

I had already hired the amazing duo that is North Arrow Creative multiple times for portrait, career/lifestyle, and engagement photos, so I knew they were going to knock our wedding out of the park, but I was still just absolutely blown away once the photos came back!

First of all, we got our preview gallery back much faster than I was expecting, and my husband and I were both so in love with the pictures! Honestly, if those preview photos were all we got, we still would have been over the moon. They were stunning, and captured the feel of our day perfectly. When we got the rest of the pictures back, I felt like I was once again reliving the high of that day, they transported me right back there, and were so, so beautiful (and funny! some of our guests' candids were hilarious, which we loved!). There was a great mix of posed and candid photos, and both Kyle and Rachel are great at directing you for poses and just generally making you feel at ease. No posing knowledge required!

They were great to work with through the whole process leading up to our wedding - they carefully listened to what both me and my partner wanted out of our big day, what moments were important that they capture. They provided us with a very detailed schedule for the day of the wedding as well, which we and all our vendors appreciated. They were endlessly patient the day of our wedding when, of course, family & friends started demanding group photos of them that weren't in our plan (and Kyle & Rachel only proceeded with the additional photos as long as it was okay with us as well, which we appreciated).

I can't wait to order an album of our wedding pictures now - I had actually ordered an album of our engagement photos from them a few weeks before our wedding in the hopes that I could use it as a guest book. Kyle & Rachel, being the amazing people they are, took that small turn around window and made it happen - editing dozens of photos and arranging them into a beautiful guest book/album for us. They even got it all done with a couple revisions I had requested. The book arrived on time, and it was absolutely stunning - very high quality, and will be a keepsake we treasure for a long time. I can't wait to order something similar for our wedding photos - the only hard part will be choosing a mere 30-ish photos from the hundreds of amazing photos they gave us.

I really couldn't be more happy with North Arrow Creative's work, you can't go wrong with these amazing people!
    Jackie H. Sent on 07/29/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

North Arrow Creative is so talented!

We LOVED working with Kyle and Rachel for our wedding! Beginning with our first phone call, they were so personable, kind and knowledgeable. Throughout the process of preparing to shoot our big day they asked us numerous questions that prompted us to think about details we had not yet considered. As an interfaith couple, we had many Jewish components within our wedding ceremony. They were knowledgeable about the different traditions and already had ideas for how they could best capture those special moments (see Ketubah and breaking the glass photos!).

We had an engagement session prior to our Wedding day and during that session Kyle and Rachel helped my husband and I become more comfortable in front of the camera (we are both quite awkward!) and gave us feedback on poses. Due to all they did in the engagement session, our photo taking on the day-of went so smoothly! Rachel and Kyle were also immensely flexible and quick on their feet. It was quite busy in Forest Park that day, but they quickly thought of several spots we could go that would be less busy and where we could take our pictures. They also are COMMITTED to their vision and will do whatever they need to, including standing on questionably secure objects and laying on the ground, to get the picture!!

And don’t even get me started on their final products… we are in AWE every time we look through our photo album. They captured so many beautiful moments, both formal moments and the inbetween silly moments. They truly captured the beauty and magic of our special day and we could not be more grateful. Thank you, thank you Rachel and Kyle for sharing your talent!
    Catherine U. Sent on 07/22/2023

Amazing Experience

Rachel was very attentive and easy to communicate with. She made the photography session was relaxing and enjoyable. She made sure that I was comfortable and confident with every picture. The images she produced were appealing and high quality. Everyone who has seen the photos from our session was impressed including me. Would definitely recommend her to everyone!!
    E H Sent on 12/12/2023

Good Shot for North Arrow

We had an amazing experience with Rachel and Kyle from North Arrow for our St. Louis wedding. Their professionalism and creativity were evident in every photo. They beautifully captured the essence of our day, blending candid and posed shots against the stunning backdrop of St. Louis.

Their friendly approach made us feel comfortable, resulting in natural and joyful photographs. The final album was exceptional, with each image beautifully edited. We've received numerous compliments and are thrilled with the memories they captured.

We highly recommend North Arrow for their skill, passion, and ability to make a wedding day unforgettable. A heartfelt thank you to Rachel and Kyle for their outstanding work!
    Gabby L. Sent on 12/20/2022

Hire them!

I cannot stress enough how much we loved working with Rachel and Kyle! Every moment was captured so perfectly and I feel like you can really see both of our personalities in every photo. Both our engagement and wedding photos were so much fun and they made my husband and I feel comfortable and confident the entire time. Neither of us are particularly fond of getting our picture taken, so we were really nervous when we first started planning our wedding. After our engagement session I was actually so excited to do it again! They were very flexible and helped our day run way smoother than it would have without them there. We just got our photos back and I am absolutely in love with every single one of them! If you’re unsure about investing in an amazing photographer for your wedding, IT IS SO WORTH IT!!
    Katie S. Sent on 04/18/2023

Best Wedding Photographers

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Rach and Kyle for our engagement and wedding photos! They were very communicative and helpful throughout the planning process. From the time we met them at our consultation to our wedding day, they exuded the knowledge and creativity to achieve our dreams. Beyond that, the photos they captured at our engagement session and on our wedding day were absolutely stunning- we’ve gotten endless compliments from family and friends! I cannot recommend them enough!
    Shelby N. Sent on 05/23/2022

Boudoir Photography

I did a boudoir shoot with Rachel for my upcoming wedding. She did an amazing job. I was super nervous for the shoot and she made me feel extremely comfortable and confident!! The photos turned out amazing! Can’t say enough good things about my experience with this vendor!
    Mallory S. Sent on 11/29/2022

Birthday Boudoir

I had such a fabulous experience with Rachel for my birthday boudoir session!! She listened to my ideas and ran with it, was organized, and super communicative. She had drinks ready, music playing, and things set up when I arrived (what a cool space btw), then we laughed and enjoyed ourselves from then on! Rachel was great with giving direction on how to move/pose during the session, and I loved the positive encouragement and support.

The following day was my birthday and she sent over some killer teaser photos (I mean come on)!! I LOVE all the photos, you can definitely see the artistic eye and incredible attention to detail in the work. It was so challenging to narrow them down and I can’t wait to see the final book! I’m so glad I found North Arrow Creative and can’t wait to work with them again in the future!
  • Meghan
    Meghan Sent on 10/26/2022

Out of this world!

RUN, DON'T WALK to book this incredible team. I cannot say enough about our experience with Kyle and Ray. They truly made our whole wedding process so special, from our engagement pictures to the last dancing pictures from the wedding. Not only are they both so talented, but they are also amazing people and that comes out in every picture. They made us feel so comfortable and taken care of throughout the entire process and I could not recommend them more. I am beyond thrilled to be able to look back at all of the pictures for years to come!
  • Cierra
    Cierra L. Sent on 09/02/2022

THE BEST. We loved them!

We loved working with Rachel and Kyle! They are helpful, hilarious, make everything so easy and comfortable and we absolutely loved our photos from engagement/boudior/ and wedding! I can’t rave enough about them, we will use them for anything photo related in the future!
  • Kylie
    Kylie J. Sent on 08/23/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best choice i've ever made!

I've used North Arrow Creative for ANY and ALL of my photography needs, and will 100% continue to do so! Ray and Kyle are extremely personable, beyond hilarious, indubitably comfortable to be around, and are full of lively, positive energy. They're very punctual and professional, and their work never falls short of museum-worthy masterpieces.

A big part of what really made them stand out to me, was their ability to give me direction on how to move/pose during sessions, in addition to their constant encouragement. I can shy/awkward in front of the camera, especially with a stranger or someone I don't know well, but never once have I been nervous when working with Ray and Kyle.

I love how genuinely positive and encouraging they are. Their sincerity and vibes really boost my confidence during sessions and make it so easy for me to loosen up. North Arrow Creative will always be my first recommendation when asked, and my first choice when needing photos/videos!
    Cody G. Sent on 08/03/2023

North Arrow did great!

They have a great vision for what you guys would want and were super accommodating. Loved doing shoots with them!
    Kylie D. Sent on 06/07/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best photographers ever!

The best photographers ever!!! We would never consider anyone else. They are super sweet and extremely professional. We booked them for our engagement session and wedding photos. They are so good at directing couples while still letting us do our own thing. They are great at capturing candid moments as well. We have loved all the photo sessions we have worked with them!

North Arrow Creative's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Kylie! We loved capturing your engagement and wedding and wish you guys all the best!!!
  • Lily
    Lily W. Sent on 06/09/2022

100% recommended! Best experience

By far the best experience we could have asked for. Ray and Kyle did any amazing job capturing our engagement photos and our wedding photos. I recommend doing both engagement and wedding with them! We felt like we knew them by the wedding day and it made the experience that much better! We were comfortable around them and that made the posing and the reactions in the photos so much more genuine. I couldn’t be more thankful of them and their insane amounts of talent behind the camera. 1000/10 can’t recommend them enough!

North Arrow Creative's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Lily!!! We loved capturing your engagement and wedding and are so happy for you!
    Teresa G. Sent on 05/29/2022

Gorgeous photos

We absolutely loved working with Kyle and Rachel for our engagement and wedding photos. They are so friendly and excited about giving you the best possible experience. We originally reached out to them because we loved their vibrant, rich style, and we were not disappointed. They are an absolute pleasure to work with. They’re very organized and had checklists and timelines prepared for us, as well as a questionnaire to get to know us better and allow them to come up with creative ideas for us. Doing the engagement shoot before the wedding was definitely a plus because it put me at ease for the big day. I tend to be somewhat of an introvert so I wasn’t expecting to enjoy the session as much as I did, but they made it so relaxing and enjoyable it felt like we had hired friends to photograph us. They gave us super helpful tips on how to pose well not only during posed shots but also during certain moments during the ceremony to get us the best possible candid shots. We had a very large wedding party and they were able to keep everyone organized and ahead of schedule on the big day. We also had what could be described as not ideal weather for our outdoor pavilion wedding, but Rachel and Kyle handled it like absolute troopers and were able to capture incredibly beautiful moments amongst the chaos. And of course, the pictures turned out incredible. They were just as vibrant and rich as we hoped and really captured the joy and energy of the day. We will absolutely be using their services again and would happily recommend them to anyone!
    Joshua H. Sent on 07/28/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

They helped make our day the best day ever!

Rachel and Kyle provided the best Pre-wedding, Wedding, and Post-wedding experience! Highly professional, friendly, and caring of our wants and needs.

They met with us virtually ahead of time to get to know us, our story, where we were having the Ceremony and Reception. Truly felt like they were present, receptive, and thoughtful! They took thorough notes during that meeting, and followed up with emails to further the information they would make relevant on our big day.

On the day of, they were incredibly professional and took so many pre-, during, and post-ceremony pictures. They were highly inconspicuous, which resulted in such great candid photos. We and our families couldn't have been more pleased with the results of the pictures and videos!

I would highly recommend them for any of your photography/videography needs!

Kudos to you Rachel and Kyle for helping make our day the best day of our lives!
    Carter K. Sent on 11/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Phenomenal we love them so much

I cant stress enough how amazing this team is. like wow. they have been ON POINT FOR EVERYTHING that we wanted when it came to pictures and video!!!!! we are so grateful for them and we absolutely loved working with them in every way. from engagement pictures to boudoir shoots and now the WEDDING!! like i am an awe of even the teaser photos. if you need them for every part of your photography needs THEY ARE THE ONES!!!! we loved them so much, use them they’re effing phenomenal. (p.s. they stopped traffic for us to get the most epic shot, so let’s be real they’re amazing ❤️).
    Alexandra P. Sent on 05/18/2021

The Absolute Best

There are no words to describe the level of talent and perfection that Rachel, Kyle and their team brought to our wedding day. They were able to wrangle our group, make everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera and deliver the most beautiful photos and video we could have ever hoped for.

During our engagement session, they took the time to curate a shoot that was custom to us and fit with who we are as a couple. And they brought that same intimate feeling to our wedding day.

They thought of everything from timeline and location scouting to even bringing biodegradable confetti for some special shots on-location. They were able to work on the fly and adapt as things changed, as things inevitably do during an event.

Even if they were stressed, they never showed it and just exuded the most wonderful, exciting energy that permeated to the rest of the group.

I can't imagine what our day would have been like without them, but I know it wouldn't have been anywhere as perfect.
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne T. Sent on 01/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

North Arrow Creative is Superior. Period.

Me, my husband, and our entire families have fallen madly in love with North Arrow Creative! Due to Covid we needed to find a photographer in 2 months time and North Arrow happened to be available by the grace of God! They were more than accommodating and whipped up everything we needed in a matter of a few weeks. They provided a well thought out timeline, they had scouted our location, and had talked with us extensively about our vision for our wedding day. When it came to our wedding day, we felt like we were in amazing hands with Kyle and Kegan! They were both such joyful people to be around it was clear they are complete pros at their job and have shot tons of weddings. They were great at adjusting on the fly to any photo ideas we had and even went out of their way to accomplish this grand concept I had for a photo in my mind and it turned out better than anticipated! The turn around time for our photos was within 2 weeks and the photos that the team had selected just captured every aspect of our wedding day perfectly! I feel like I am reliving the day time and time again. Another big aspect that we took into consideration when choosing North Arrow was their editing style. It is so timeless and not over done so I know we will want these photos on display until we are old and gray. I truly cannot recommend every member of this team enough and hope that everyone considering North Arrow Creative will book them ASAP! It is so worth every, single dime!
illustration stars