Nola Dukes Band Reviews

55 Reviews for Nola Dukes Band

• Ca Du

Ca Du 路 Getting married on 03/07/2022

Randi is the best!

Through the recomendation from a friend, we went to listen to Nola Dukes Band at a local venue. After listening to them and talking to Randi we knew they would be a great band for our wedding. We went to hear them play one more time and then booked them for our May 2020 wedding. Randi was easy to talk to, made suggestions for what we needed, and was responsive to all my questions. Then Covid and stay at home orders! So our May wedding did not happen. After talking to all of our vendors we decided to re schedule for July 2020. (Our wedding was smaller so we were able to proceed.) Covid caused some extra stress and challenges (and lots of tears too) in re scheduling our wedding, but Randi was there every step of the way. She was flexible and we made the needed modifications in order to have our wedding in July. Our friends and family were so excited to celebrate with us and we all had a fabulous evening. It was an evening we all needed and the band provided the environment for us to celebrate being together. I would recommend Nola Dukes Band to anyone who is looking to have a celebration- big or small. I wish everyone success moving forward in these uncertain times. Thanks again to Randi and The Nola Dukes Band for making our wedding so enjoyable and fabulous.
    Christine & Kenny

Sent on 07/27/2020
  • Brent

Brent Leblanc 路 Getting married on 03/10/2021

NOLA Dukes and my daughters wedding

Extremely professional on the business side, Randi guided us thru the entire process. Stage presence and talent, Killer !

Sent on 11/21/2019

Nola Dukes Band's reply:

We had a blast playing at your daughter's wedding! Thanks so much for your kind words, Brent! Couldn't have done it without you all!

Emerite Comboy 路 Getting married on 12/06/2020

Love the Nola Dukes!

The Nola Dukes were amazing and Randi was such a pleasure to work with. They were truly a blast to have at our wedding!

Sent on 07/28/2020

Mollie Dunbar 路 Getting married on 11/11/2020

Outstanding/ incredible

We could NOT have been more pleased and the band could not have been better or more enjoyable! I would recommend them 1,000%!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Nola Dukes Band's reply:

Thanks, Mollie! We couldn't have done it without you ;) We're so pleased you're pleased and equally glad you enjoyed us!!
  • Annie

Annie Lamparter 路 Married on 03/01/2020

Best reception band in New Orleans!

Look no further for a reception band because Nola Dukes is it! Growing up in New Orleans, you see the same few bands play at every wedding with the same songs. When it came time for our own band research, we knew we wanted a band that was different and fun. My husband found Nola Dukes online. Since we live out of state, we listened to their demo CD and sent my sister to their showcase at a bar - from there, we were sold! We booked them without ever hearing them in person, which was a little scary, but I knew we were in good hands. We did an 8 piece band at our reception, which was priced very reasonably and in line with other bands we checked out.

Randi is absolutely amazing to work with as she is professional and prompt in her responses. Also, when it came time to talking through the reception, she offered solid advice and professional opinions on order of events and songs. For selecting songs, there were a couple "must play" songs, lots of "absolutely do not play" songs; but, otherwise, we left it up to the band as to what to play. Nola Dukes knocked it out of the park! The dance floor was never empty, and the range of songs and genres they played was awesome! Randi was great at interacting with the crowd and keeping the party going. Afterward, so many people told me it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to, and we owe most of that to Nola Dukes! Randi, thank you for everything!

Sent on 03/21/2020

Hey Annie,

It was truly our pleasure to celebrate with you! Thanks again and all the best to you and your families!

Randi
  • Megan

Megan Abdalla 路 Married on 02/15/2020

Best Night!

I cannot say enough good things about the Nola Dukes! From the planning process to the day of my wedding, we felt completely taken care of! They answered all of our questions and made our ceremony and reception perfect! I loved every minute! I would definitely recommend them to anyone wanting a band for their reception! I鈥檓 already wanting to plan a party just so I can book them again!

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mullings 路 Married on 01/25/2020

Best day ever

I'm so impressed and speechless of yall! It was absolutely amazing

Sent on 01/27/2020

C Tolivar 路 Married on 01/12/2020

The best wedding band out there!

Randi and her team were amazing. She is so professional and personable and friendly and fun!!! They had the dance floor full the whole night. People who claim to not dance even danced!!! Do yourself a favor and hire them, you won't regret it.

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Maddie

Maddie Dunbar 路 Married on 11/23/2019

Could not ask for a better band!

Absolutely the best wedding band we could've asked for! We would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Nola Dukes Band's reply:

Thanks for your review, Maddie! We are so glad we were a part of your big day and making it even more special!

Meghan Mekita 路 Married on 11/05/2019

Keep you dancing!

We were lucky enough to hear the NOLA Dukes at a friend's wedding a while before ours. We had an amazing time, and I was convinced we needed the NOLA Dukes for our wedding. Randi was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. We asked the band to do a special Mother's Day tribute with us, and they made it happen! They also learned our first dance song so that we could dance to live music. We found the NOLA Dukes to be the best deal financially- you can customize the size, which helped us because of some noise restrictions at our venue- but we also found out it helped our budget! Guests loved the band and about 20 people asked who they were. We wanted a band that would keep the dance floor packed all night long- and we got it!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Dylan

Dylan Lawrence 路 Married on 10/04/2019

Beyond Amazing

Working with Nola Dukes was the best and easiest decision for our wedding. From start to finish they were incredibly responsive, well organized, and fun. They listened to and incorporated all of the ideas we had while planning while offering insightful advice from their years of experience. The music at our reception was everything we dreamed of; our family still can't believe they were on the dance floor the whole night. Aside from the unbelievably fun music, Nola Dukes made us feel so special from the personalized touches they worked into their performance. This band is so fun!!

Sent on 10/11/2019

Bradley 路 Married on 09/01/2019

Fellow gigging musician: NOLA Dukes are 100% Legit

Randi and NOLA Dukes surpassed our expectations in every way. Honestly, if you want a band for your wedding in New Orleans, this is it. I talked with Randi (lead singer and band manager) for almost 9 months leading up to our day. We planned from afar and had a ton of moving parts -- from a String trio, to a Second Line parade, and then finally a 7-piece horn band. Randi and Co. put it all together and even learned some custom tunes for us. This amounted to what would be an outrageous price in the Northeast, where we're from.

I can't tell you how great Randi is to work with. Slacker musician? Hell no. On point business person? Hell yes. And after the great planning and communication, her and the band showed up with some chops, rocked the house, and set the mood for the party of the year that night. I can go on and on, but if you're considering hiring a band for your NOLA wedding, contact NOLA Dukes -- they are what you've been looking for.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Nola Dukes Band's reply:

Hey Brad! Thanks so much for your nice words. You guys were awesome to work with and we had a great time that night! It was especially great to play for a fellow musician. We wish you all the best and hope our paths cross again! Randi & NDB :)

Tom Glaser 路 Married on 06/29/2019

Excellent choice for a wedding

Randi was excellent helping us with booking the band, music selection and setting the schedule for their performance. The band's performance was great.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Kelly 路 Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing!!!

When we talk to our guests the one thing they always bring up was how amazing our band was. We had our wedding at a small plantation bed and breakfast so we knew we wanted to have both a jazz and contemporary type vibe for our wedding. Me and my husband are from California and the majority of our guest would be out of towners as well so we wanted to give them as much of a New Orlean's experience as possible. Nola Dukes Band went above and beyond my expectations with both working with Randi and the band itself! I couldn't recommend Nola Dukes Band enough! They were by far one of the best decisions I made in planning the wedding! Thanks again for everything Randi and Nola Dukes!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Nichols 路 Married on 03/28/2019

You've Found Your Band.

WOW. Randi and crew exceeded our expectations. We are music fans and go to a lot of live music. We are saying with all honesty that this band was tight, tight, tight!! Very professional, friendly, responsive to pre-wedding communications, and got everyone on the dance floor. We couldn't recommend this band enough-great song catalog and the Dukes were able to play some very difficult requests with ease. We used their acoustic guitarist for our ceremony and he was amazing. We then used the 8-piece band for the reception and they knocked it out of the park.

Sent on 04/03/2020

Thanks Ryan!
    We love playing for you! All the best and come see us next time you're in New Orleans!
    Randi

Ashley 路 Married on 02/09/2019

Dance the night away with nola dukes!

NOLA DUKES IS AWESOME!!!! We held our reception in the courtyard/first floor at Brennan's. From the very beginning, I new I wanted NOLA DUKES. They did not disappoint!! They worked with me closely throughout the planning process, gave me an awesome website that I could type out a schedule, song preferences, etc. It was so easy to navigate. They worked with our schedule, help us outline the evening in terms of announcements, toasts, cake cutting, etc. I cannot say enough good things about how talented they are. If you have a wedding in NOLA, do yourself a favor, and hire NOLA DUKES!!!

Sent on 02/27/2019

Laura Drumm 路 Married on 12/29/2018

Want to have a fantastic band? Choose Nola Dukes!

My daughter got married 12/29/18 and it was a 250 guest wedding at Broussard鈥檚. The couple are both from New Orleans and wanted a wedding that reflected NOLA yet was unique. Cue NOLA Dukes and the objective was met! Fantastic music, excellent communication; Randi was the best to work with!
    I鈥檓 always told I can鈥檛 keep a secret. Well I showed my daughter! She wanted a Second Line. I told her we couldn鈥檛 afford it and then promptly called Randi. She helped me pull off the perfect surprise with a second line! They offer both: second line and several band ensemble packages. There aren鈥檛 enough stars 猸愶笍 in the sky to give Randi and NOLA Dukes what they deserve!

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • F

Fanny Lim 路 Married on 09/29/2018

So much fun and very talented

Nola Dukes Band is simply a blast to have at a reception. My husband and I first saw them at a friend's wedding and immediately knew we needed to have them at ours. Everyone was out on the floor the entire night, even some of the older crowd. We love their take on some our favorite hits, and we can't say enough about how easy it was to plan out how we wanted to reception to go with Randi. We highly recommend them if you want guests to remember how much fun your wedding was!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Shirley 路 Married on 06/10/2018

We recently hired Nola Dukes Band to play for a customer event in New Orleans for our company! Great band and truly awesome to work with!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Melissa Hill 路 Married on 06/02/2018

Very professional, and extremely talented!

The NOLA dukes talent was beyond our expectations. They performed r&b, hip hop, motown, country, and their performance/sound was better than the actual artist. Our guest never sat down. It鈥檚 been 6 months since we had our reception at the Beau Rivage and friends still talk about the amazing NOLA dukes band.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Jeff and Ande 路 Married on 05/12/2018

Nola Dukes is such a great band to work with! We were lucky to see them twice beforehand at some friends' weddings and fell in love with their energy and range of songs they could play. Randi is very easy to communicate with and discuss how you want the night to flow. The band is excellent at reading the crowd and playing songs that keep people moving on the dance floor. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a great band at a great rate...they are the best!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Molly 路 Married on 05/12/2018

Nola Dukes were fabulous! They handled all their planning on their own which helped me have one less thing to stress about. They were able to play all of our song selections for both the ceremony and reception, and everyone kept asking us who the band was! They had so much energy and made our reception a blast. Would HIGHLY recommend for your next event!!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Belinda 路 Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I love Nola Dukes, they rocked the house. They are just such a great band to work with, and Randi was so very helpful in helping plan out our reception. We got nothing but compliments from our guests and everyone was on the dance floor all night long. We highly recommend the Dukes for your wedding.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Philip 路 Married on 03/17/2018

Not only are the Nola Dukes an incredible band, but they help a ton during the planning phase. Randi and I worked together on different ideas throughout our wedding. All we wanted was a giant party where everyone would dance, Randi asked what kind of music and then set a playlist. They were the topic of the night. Would buy them again!

Sent on 03/19/2018