Nola Dukes Band Reviews

Nola Dukes Band 3
Nola Dukes Band 4

Meghan Mekita · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Keep you dancing!

We were lucky enough to hear the NOLA Dukes at a friend's wedding a while before ours. We had an amazing time, and I was convinced we needed the NOLA Dukes for our wedding. Randi was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. We asked the band to do a special Mother's Day tribute with us, and they made it happen! They also learned our first dance song so that we could dance to live music. We found the NOLA Dukes to be the best deal financially- you can customize the size, which helped us because of some noise restrictions at our venue- but we also found out it helped our budget! Guests loved the band and about 20 people asked who they were. We wanted a band that would keep the dance floor packed all night long- and we got it!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Bradley · Married on 09/01/2019

Fellow gigging musician: NOLA Dukes are 100% Legit

Randi and NOLA Dukes surpassed our expectations in every way. Honestly, if you want a band for your wedding in New Orleans, this is it. I talked with Randi (lead singer and band manager) for almost 9 months leading up to our day. We planned from afar and had a ton of moving parts -- from a String trio, to a Second Line parade, and then finally a 7-piece horn band. Randi and Co. put it all together and even learned some custom tunes for us. This amounted to what would be an outrageous price in the Northeast, where we're from.

I can't tell you how great Randi is to work with. Slacker musician? Hell no. On point business person? Hell yes. And after the great planning and communication, her and the band showed up with some chops, rocked the house, and set the mood for the party of the year that night. I can go on and on, but if you're considering hiring a band for your NOLA wedding, contact NOLA Dukes -- they are what you've been looking for.

Sent on 06/19/2019
    Nola Dukes Band 5

Nola Dukes Band's reply:

Hey Brad! Thanks so much for your nice words. You guys were awesome to work with and we had a great time that night! It was especially great to play for a fellow musician. We wish you all the best and hope our paths cross again! Randi & NDB :)

Tom Glaser · Married on 06/29/2019

Excellent choice for a wedding

Randi was excellent helping us with booking the band, music selection and setting the schedule for their performance. The band's performance was great.

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Nola Dukes Band 6

Kelly · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing!!!

When we talk to our guests the one thing they always bring up was how amazing our band was. We had our wedding at a small plantation bed and breakfast so we knew we wanted to have both a jazz and contemporary type vibe for our wedding. Me and my husband are from California and the majority of our guest would be out of towners as well so we wanted to give them as much of a New Orlean's experience as possible. Nola Dukes Band went above and beyond my expectations with both working with Randi and the band itself! I couldn't recommend Nola Dukes Band enough! They were by far one of the best decisions I made in planning the wedding! Thanks again for everything Randi and Nola Dukes!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Ashley · Married on 02/09/2019

Dance the night away with nola dukes!

NOLA DUKES IS AWESOME!!!! We held our reception in the courtyard/first floor at Brennan's. From the very beginning, I new I wanted NOLA DUKES. They did not disappoint!! They worked with me closely throughout the planning process, gave me an awesome website that I could type out a schedule, song preferences, etc. It was so easy to navigate. They worked with our schedule, help us outline the evening in terms of announcements, toasts, cake cutting, etc. I cannot say enough good things about how talented they are. If you have a wedding in NOLA, do yourself a favor, and hire NOLA DUKES!!!

Sent on 02/27/2019

Laura Drumm · Married on 12/29/2018

Want to have a fantastic band? Choose Nola Dukes!

My daughter got married 12/29/18 and it was a 250 guest wedding at Broussard’s. The couple are both from New Orleans and wanted a wedding that reflected NOLA yet was unique. Cue NOLA Dukes and the objective was met! Fantastic music, excellent communication; Randi was the best to work with!
    I’m always told I can’t keep a secret. Well I showed my daughter! She wanted a Second Line. I told her we couldn’t afford it and then promptly called Randi. She helped me pull off the perfect surprise with a second line! They offer both: second line and several band ensemble packages. There aren’t enough stars ⭐️ in the sky to give Randi and NOLA Dukes what they deserve!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Shirley · Married on 06/10/2018

We recently hired Nola Dukes Band to play for a customer event in New Orleans for our company! Great band and truly awesome to work with!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Melissa Hill · Married on 06/02/2018

Very professional, and extremely talented!

The NOLA dukes talent was beyond our expectations. They performed r&b, hip hop, motown, country, and their performance/sound was better than the actual artist. Our guest never sat down. It’s been 6 months since we had our reception at the Beau Rivage and friends still talk about the amazing NOLA dukes band.

Sent on 10/22/2018
    Nola Dukes Band 7

Jeff and Ande · Married on 05/12/2018

Nola Dukes is such a great band to work with! We were lucky to see them twice beforehand at some friends' weddings and fell in love with their energy and range of songs they could play. Randi is very easy to communicate with and discuss how you want the night to flow. The band is excellent at reading the crowd and playing songs that keep people moving on the dance floor. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a great band at a great rate...they are the best!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Molly · Married on 05/12/2018

Nola Dukes were fabulous! They handled all their planning on their own which helped me have one less thing to stress about. They were able to play all of our song selections for both the ceremony and reception, and everyone kept asking us who the band was! They had so much energy and made our reception a blast. Would HIGHLY recommend for your next event!!

Sent on 07/02/2018
    Nola Dukes Band 8

Belinda · Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I love Nola Dukes, they rocked the house. They are just such a great band to work with, and Randi was so very helpful in helping plan out our reception. We got nothing but compliments from our guests and everyone was on the dance floor all night long. We highly recommend the Dukes for your wedding.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Philip · Married on 03/17/2018

Not only are the Nola Dukes an incredible band, but they help a ton during the planning phase. Randi and I worked together on different ideas throughout our wedding. All we wanted was a giant party where everyone would dance, Randi asked what kind of music and then set a playlist. They were the topic of the night. Would buy them again!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Kathy · Married on 03/10/2018

My now-husband found these guys because he was in charge of music; both because he’s much pickier in this arena than I am, and also because I really have no idea what I’m talking about. I loved being able to go see them play at Little Gems Saloon ahead of time, and I immediately loved their energy and allllll the options working with them offered. We started looking early and considered many bands, but we kept coming back to NOLA Dukes. We couldn’t find the energy or options anywhere else. Once we started working with Randi, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt we had made the right choice, and it was worth every penny. Randi walked the two of us through every step, brought up things we had never thought of and provided solutions, added a second-line band and took care of all city permitting and PO organizing, helped us figure out ceremony music last minute when we had no idea what we wanted, added an extra horn when my husband decided he couldn’t live without one at a NOLA wedding...all in all, incredibly helpful, thoughtful, kind, supportive, proactive, easy to reach and the end result was amazing. Our guests had an unforgettable time and nearly a month later folks are still getting in touch to tell us how amazing it all was. I’d go with these guys over and over and over again. If you’re not sure what you’re doing and want someone to walk you through things, or if you know exactly what you want, NOLA Dukes can do it all and we are so so grateful to have booked them, worked with them, and have them do our wedding absolutely perfectly. Thank you Randi and Co!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Juliet · Married on 03/09/2018

Randi and the Nola Dukes were AMAZING! We checked them out beforehand at the Little Gem after debating for a long time on our band choice, and were so relieved once we saw them play. We knew we would book them right away! Everyone kept saying how great the band was, and I have had a few people so far ask who they were. Randi and the band did a beautiful custom rendition of our first dance song. Everyone had a great time, the sound level was perfect. Randi was one of the most organized vendors I worked with throughout the planning process. I also really enjoyed being able to choose how many band members to accommodate our budget (we ended up splurging a little bit on 8 members and it was a great choice; they have an option for everyone). Thanks so much! We love y'all!

Sent on 03/14/2018

Allyson · Married on 03/03/2018

The NOLA Dukes are the perfect wedding band, in my opinion. Randi did everything she could to ensure that our wedding reception was a success, and we couldn't be happier with our decision to hire them. Our guests (and even the staff at our venue) were praising the band all night and the dance floor was full from start to finish. They played a great mix of classic and contemporary songs, and they weren't cheesy in the least. No regrets!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Bobby · Married on 02/09/2018

As the Father of the Bride I cannot stress how FANTASTIC Randi and the Nola Dukes Band is to work with!! From the planning, website to the actual event! They get the party started and it keeps on going until the very end! I have never had so many friends and family ask who was the band and where are they from!!! If you want a great band for your party or reception, NOLA DUKES should be on top of your list!

Sent on 02/26/2018

Stephen · Married on 12/30/2017

My wife and I loved working with the Nola Dukes. Randi, band manager, was our point of contact throughout the process She is a PROFESSIONAL. She truly understands the flow of an event and what points are critical for executing a performance. Throughout the planning, Randi answered all of our questions very timely and thoroughly. She asked us tons of questions too! Randi asked us questions to try to understand what we were envisioning for the night and helped us formulate the type of evening we had in mind. There were many things that would never have crossed our mind until Randi brought them up. You can tell she cares and she knows what she is doing. This level of competence was carried throughout the whole band. We hired a 9 piece for our wedding in New Orleans and they were THE FOCUS of the night. They knew when to crank it up and when to be in the background. The night went flawless and it is a testament to crew we had at the wedding. It's one thing to be a great band. It is another to be able to provide an experience like the Nola Dukes can. Their delivery is incredible and i really do think it is in part to how well they plan for the event and consult with the couple. Thanks again Y'all! - Love Bonnie and Stephen

Sent on 01/15/2018

Katelyn · Married on 11/01/2017

So far the process has been really easy. Very lovely to work with. Can't wait to celebrate on our wedding day!

Sent on 12/20/2016
  • Anita

Anita · Married on 10/28/2017

The band was phenomenal!! People are still raving about them! We hired them as the ceremony music, the MC and the band for the night. We also were able to second line at the end of the night. They were so flexible with our needs. The singer asked me what I wanted throughout the night to ensure that we were happy. Could not have asked for a better service or price!

Sent on 11/14/2017

nathan · Married on 10/27/2017

The Nola Dukes were an amazing wedding band! We had our wedding in October at Broussards in the French quarter and Randi took care of everything musically for us. She arranged for our ceremony music, our second line brass band, and the of course the wedding reception music. We had a consultation call with Randi to discuss our likes/dislikes and then we filled out a questionnaire on the Nola Dukes website. The Nola Dukes Band took it from there! They nailed our musical taste and all of our guests were raving about how great the band was. My wife and I were a little nervous because we live in Atlanta and didn't have a chance to see the Nola Dukes Band in person. We only had youtube videos and reviews to go off of. We are so glad we took the leap of faith. The band was wonderful and Randi was very pleasant to work with. My wife and I would HIGHLY recommend this band. Not your typical wedding band. These were real musicians. - Nathan

Sent on 12/27/2017

Caitlin · Married on 10/07/2017

The Dukes were absolutely fantastic -- they truly exceeded our expectations!! We were looking for a great band that wasn't your average wedding band.... and they nailed it. "Hurricane" Nate and our incompetent Mayor put a significant damper on and condensed the timelines of our celebration but more than anything else everyone commented on how awesome our band was! They performed our first song - "Lovely Day" and were also able to accommodate a particularly funky version of "Aint it funky now" by James Brown. Everyone ended up on the dance floor while they belted out a handful of wedding standards and a large number of high energy surprises that kept the party going. We look forward to re-living our Day at one of their showcase shows at the Little Gem for our First Anniversary!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Michele · Married on 09/16/2017

Don't wait to book. Just do it. You will be so happy! Randi and The Nola Dukes were amazing! All of our guests are still talking about how AMAZING our band was. Randi is a beautiful soul and was so helpful throughout the process. She helped us arrange ceremony music and organized the whole reception progression. Still on cloud nine from our wedding thanks to the Nola Dukes!

Sent on 09/22/2017
  • Rob

Rob · Married on 05/28/2017

Awesome all over. Our point of contact, Randi, was extremely responsive and patient in the face of all of my 2000-word emails regarding logistics and details and special requests. We had a few specific, somewhat complicated requests for our first dances, and they all went without a hitch. The band had great energy and kept everyone dancing all night. We got a lot of positive comments about them from our guests as well. As a bonus, they were an all-in-one package, meaning they were able to provide a string duo for the ceremony and a brass band for the second line (they also handled the route, police and permits for the second line). Hopefully I'll never have to get married again, but if I do, I'm definitely booking the NOLA Dukes again!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Ellen · Married on 05/01/2017

Randi and Nola Dukes were absolutely everything we could of hoped for! With just a few simple suggestions and a bit of guidance, they seemed to entirely understand our music senses and translate it into a fantastic set that had everyone dancing and enjoying themselves. The range of genres was exactly what we were looking for - everything from songs by the Black Crowes to Bruno Mars, and their Jackson 5 medley still has me blown away.

When in New Orleans, you need a horns section, and Nola Dukes is sure to deliver on that front! Randi was incredibly engaging and sweet, the perfect MC/host, and not to mention killer vocals (did I mention the Jackson 5 medley?!). Many of my family members are musicians themselves and are still raving about Nola Dukes.

There is not one single thing I would change in terms of music or Nola Dukes at our wedding. They picked up the vibe we wanted instantly and had as much fun with it as we were having. From leading up to the event and all of our interactions, to day of and after - not a single critique. It all was extraordinary!

Sent on 10/30/2017