Noel Del Pilar, Destination Wedding Photographer Reviews

66 | San Juan, PR

66 Reviews for Noel Del Pilar, Destination Wedding Photographer

Tanner W. · Married on 05/30/2021

Engagement photos

Great experience worked great with us and very responsive / easy to work with

Would recommend

Sent on 06/15/2021
  • Amanda

Amanda C. · Married on 05/29/2021

We didn't knew how valuable Noel was

I'm a woman of many words so please bear with me. The bottom line is that hiring Noel was just a brilliant decision and if I could convince you to do just one thing for your wedding is to hire his livestream service.
    We were engaged in March 2019 and by May, we already had booked "all our vendors". Noel was not one of them. We had scheduled our wedding for Summer 2020, but along came the pandemic and we postponed it to May 2021. The Puerto Rico government executive orders kept changing and we had to bring our guest count from 230 people to 70. It was such a painful thing to do given that we both had big families and a lot of friends that would not be able to be there on our big day.
    Months went by and when we decided to finally go forward with the second date, we started to entertain the idea of having a livestream. I'd seen them on Instagram stories and our coordinator sent us the information of a livestream service that wasn't Noel either. They only covered an hour of the ceremony and the price was super steep. I slept on it for too long and my coordinator notified me that they got booked for our date, and then she sent me the quote for Noel's services. Life has a funny way of steering you into the right people.
    Immediately I felt a hunch that it was meant to be and even lobbied with my now husband to select the biggest package which included footage of the ceremony and part of the reception. Done deal. We reached out, paid the deposit and I must admit that neither me or my then fiance knew exactly what we were paying for, we just wanted to include our loved ones that were not going to make it to the event.
    Noel was very communicative since we hired him. He prepared a slide show with our photos from our love story as an introduction to the ceremony video and sent us the youtube links for both ceremony and reception. We added those links to a virtual invitation that was sent to all the people that wouldn't be able to attend physically. From then on, we just trusted the process. On the day of the wedding, we saw Noel and his team, and that was that. They were very discreet, they set up nicely, they moved along with the photographer and videographer.
    On the day after, I knew that hiring Noel was probably one of, if not the best investment we made for the whole wedding. My aunts, uncles and cousins were able to watch from North Carolina, Missouri, and New York. My friends from all over the states, Canada, Colombia, Mexico, England and Spain tuned in to watch. An aunt of mine called my dad during the wedding asking him to say hello to the camera. It was awesome!
    My husband's family, which is beyond huge (he has 35 first cousins) joined in to see the livestream. Friends and family sent me photos of the watch parties and it was the most beautiful and endearing thing in the whole wide world.
    The best part was that I could re-watch the ceremony and part of the reception on the day after. I woke up and went to re-watch our vows, our first dance, the toasts, the priest's homily, which was so beautiful and catered to us, the dancing, my walking down the aisle with my dad and it has been a magical experience because although we had a photographer and a videographer, their deliverables take up to several weeks or even months to be edited and ready, and the wait can be crazy. We stayed at our hotel for a couple of days, but when we arrived home, we ourselves had our own watch party and cried and laughed and danced along to the video. It's been two weeks since the wedding and I've probably re-watched the whole footage 7 times.
    I sent the links to the attendees too, and they've been able to capture themselves in the videos. I've had telephone calls with family members that were at the wedding and with some that weren't recalling moments from the livestream. Watching the unedited version of our wedding has been so amazing because we spent such a long time looking forward to that day and now I have it at the reach of my phone, incredibly accessible.
    About 5 days ago, I watched it for the first time on a computer, instead of the youtube app of my phone and I was able to read the live comments that I was not able to see in my phone screen and I cried tears of joy because I almost didn't hired this service and it was such a godsend, such a marvelous high quality amazing service.
    A few days after, Noel sent us the links to download the videos, and I still haven't, because I have them saved in the "watch later" part of my youtube library and every so often, when I need a pick me up because work is crazy and I re-watch a little bit again.
    Do yourself a favor and hire Noel. Even after the pandemic, even if you can invite all the people you wish to have with you there, give yourself the gift of being able to re-watch it the day after. If you enjoy it half of how I've enjoyed it, you'll have a blast.

Ps. the photos I'm attaching were taken from people that were not physically at the wedding, from their phone's/TV's. The quality of the video is superb.

Sent on 06/15/2021
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 07/31/2020

Noel was terrific on our wedding day. He was very professional and kept the flow moving before the ceremony and after. He knows how to direct people to get the best angles and pictures and does it quickly so more pictures could be taken overall than if a lot of time was wasted setting up shots.
    We recommend him 100% to anyone!

Sent on 01/22/2014
  • Marlene

Marlene S. · Married on 07/04/2019

Arrived early and ready to record our special day

Noel arrived earlier than scheduled and we can tell that he has professional experience that he has passed down to both his kids. They are a family business and he should feel proud to lead by such an impressive sample and role model❤️

Sent on 07/05/2019

Stephanie · Married on 03/25/2019

Noel was the best photographer. Easy to work with, quick response time and amazing photos. Could not have had a better experience ! Highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/07/2018
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 03/23/2019

The consummate professional and incredibly gifted photographer

I hired Noel de Pilar to photograph my wedding at Condado Vanderbilt, which was a destination wedding. I met Noel in Old San Juan a few days before with my husband, and he took a creative photo array of us. Not only did we see some beautiful spots in the City, it was a great insight into his artistic talents. Plus, he found the way to make us feel comfortable with him and relaxed when having posed pictures taken as a couple. Of what he showed us on his camera, the shots were stunning. Even more impressive, was his work on the day of the wedding. When I was getting ready with the bridal party, his presence was barely known - he caught wonderful candid shots. At the Vanderbilt, his work was tremendous. He knew all the best spots for photos and how to best pose us. We felt so relaxed in his presence, as did all our guests with him. And when we wanted to request additional photos, he was immediately and graciously accommodating. He showed us a photo taken of us on the staircase and it was breath-taking. Now, we are so eager to see the final work product, which we know will be phenomenal. Everyone should have such a classy and talented photographer at their wedding.

Sent on 04/11/2019

Delmary · Married on 01/25/2019

Professional Photography with a Personal Touch

Noel and his team really made my wedding -- they were so professional, they thought of everything, used any down time they had to grab so really priceless photo, and were great when giving direction. They worked through my shotlist and gave great suggestions to manage/balance photo time with reception time. Noel even helped my mom button my wedding dress (my dress had clear buttons with hard-to-see lace holes), all while getting the perfect mother/daughter shot. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Pooja · Married on 07/06/2018

The best wedding photographer!

Noel and team were an absolute pleasure to work with. Noel always made himself available every time we came to Puerto Rico during the planning phase. Post wedding as well, he was great to work with through the photo and album edits. We are extremely happy with the wedding photos. I highly highly recommend Noel!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Dianna · Married on 04/01/2018

He was amazing on time and ready to go . Noel was very professional. Lookiing forward to seeing my photos

Sent on 04/03/2018

Daniel · Married on 03/04/2018

I always thought people were a little full of it when they’d say their wedding was the best day of their life. I was completely wrong. Our wedding was so full of special moments, and Noel’s photography is making sure that we never forget a single one.

We met Noel in San Juan and were so impressed with the quality of his photos from previous weddings. His attention to detail and ability to capture the little things made him an easy choice.

Leading up to the wedding, Noel was always in communication with us. Even when one of the most catastrophic hurricanes in San Juan history went through, he let us know that he was ok, and that he was still going to help us with our day.

On the day of the wedding, we had to make some last minute adjustments due to rain. Noel was quick to communicate, and had a backup plan for first look pictures that worked wonderfully. We have received his photos, and we can’t believe how amazing everything looks. It’s like being back in that day every time I open up the album. We feel so lucky to be able to go back and relive the best day of our lives. Thank you so much, Noel!!

Sent on 03/11/2018

George · Married on 02/17/2018

George & Geovanna’s wedding

Noel made our special day even more amazing. He listened to what we wanted, he gave us flexible options and did not rush thru the photo or video sessions. The end result of our wedding album and the videos where amazing! Thank you Noel !

Sent on 01/30/2019

Stephanie · Married on 07/08/2017

Noel is very talented and professional. He was very easy to contact leading up to our wedding, was very professional and efficient on the day of the wedding, and delivered beautiful photos quickly after our wedding. He was flexible when I asked him to take certain photos at certain times throughout the day, and we are so happy with the almost 2,000 photos we got from the event! Thank you, Noel!

Sent on 08/23/2017
  • Y

Yogita · Married on 07/05/2017

Noel is awesome photographer. He is very professional and patience. I was in PR with my family for vacation. We decided to have professional pictures done in old San Juan. Noel captured best shots of beautiful Old San Juan. It was perfect memories from our vacation. Pictures come out very nice. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Karen · Married on 06/24/2017

Noel is so reliable and a complete professional! His communication prior to our destination wedding was amazing. Everything was via email, he always responded quickly and sent me an email to check in or just to say hello. He was punctual on our wedding day and for our trash the dress session the next day. The turn around time for our photos was only 5 weeks (so quick) and he mailed out our USB Priority Mail shipping with a tracking number immediately after confirming our address - love that. Not only is he extremely dependable, but he is a true artist. Our photos came out amazing! He instructed us on how to pose, because my husband and I definitely needed guidance and the photos came out amazing! The lighting during our beach sunset shoot was PERFECT. I would highly recommend Noel!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Caterina · Married on 06/17/2017

We love our experience with Noel. He is great and very professional. He also came to our Rehearsal Dinner to take some photographs and get to know us.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Nii · Married on 06/08/2017

We went with Noel based on a recommendation from the hotel. I could not be happier with our choice of photographers. due to time constraints on our part, We did not meet until after the ceremony; however, i was confident he was aware of what i wanted. he replied promptly and thoroughly to every email i sent. He was full of suggestions for what had worked in the past, but also willing to do the little things i wanted. He was polite, prompt, inconspicuous and took many, many photos. The photos came back amazing! i can not stop looking at the them! I would choose Noel if I need any such service again and would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone I know!!!!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Paul · Married on 06/07/2017

Noel was an incredible photographer. He covered every aspect of our wedding beautifully and was professional throughout. I highly recommend him based on our experience.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Justin · Married on 05/05/2017

Noel couldnt have been more of a pleasure to work with! My wife and I were very nervous who to chose as a photographer since these pictures and videos will be the things we look back on! And the decision we made in Noel we feel is the best Puerto Rico has to offer!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Mary · Married on 04/27/2017

Please Please Please hire Noel Del Pilar - we couldn't be happier with our wedding photos. We appreciated the amount of pictures we received, the creativity and detail Noel used, as well as the fact that he didn't touch up the photos in a way that was obvious. This is a real review...and Noel was top-shelf, classy, and professional mixed in with a little fun. Thank you Noel for the best pictures. We cannot stop looking at them! Mary and Freddy Bruno

Sent on 06/28/2017

Lourdes · Married on 04/19/2017

We are so pleased with the service, professionalism and amazing photos Noel provided us during our special day. I keep looking at our photos and the attention to details highlighting each one is exceptional. We were honored that Noel shared our special day and captured all the great memories.

Sent on 04/27/2017

Nicolette · Married on 03/12/2017

There's definitely a peace of mind when you hire Noel! It's never easy planning a wedding, nevermind from afar. But once we found Noel, we no longer had to worry about any tasks related to the photography. He was concerned with all the details, just like us, and it shows through his work.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Natalie · Married on 02/25/2017

AMAZING wedding pictures! WE are so happy that we had Noel for our special day, he captured so many amazing moments and we are over the moon happy with our decision to work with him. Make sure you have Noel at your wedding. he did a tremendous job!

Sent on 03/25/2017

Jenn · Married on 02/17/2017

Simply the best. He delivers what he promises and captured all the important moments. He spent quite a bit of time with us and knewe of all the great spots for photos. He had all the connections to get us in the great places and paid close attention to every detail. So many of our designers have asked to use our wedding photos. He is quite an artist and fun to work with.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Daniela · Married on 03/12/2016

Noel was a pleasure to work with. It rained almost our entire event and I was afraid we wouldn’t have a nice pictures, but he was truly able to capture all the special moments. Our albums just came in and I couldn’t be happier with the end result. Thank you so much, Noel!!

My advice to brides is to tell your guests there are no pictures allowed to be taken during the ceremony. It's a special moment and you don't want to see everyone in your pictures with their iphones in hand!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Tory · Married on 02/12/2016

Noel was amazing! He was sweet, patient, and directed us beautifully. Our photos are exactly what we wanted. He has a great, artistic eye. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 02/18/2016