129 Reviews for "No Macarena" DJ & Custom Music Service

Sound/PA System (19)
MC (11)
Liability Insurance (7)
129 "No Macarena" DJ & Custom Music Service Reviews

We had such a good feeling about Kim from our first meeting, and she did not disappoint. She took our playlist and ran with it. No flash, just good music, and that's exactly what we wanted. We kept saying, Kim just "gets it"! Our dance floor was packed all night!

Profile Picture Alli, 10/21/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Leading up to the wedding, Kim and Darrel were responsive and helpful. On the night of the wedding itself, Darrel was amazing. He had everyone dancing the whole time. It could not have been a better experience!

Profile Picture Ben, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Amazing!!! Dave was our DJ and he was fantastic. So easy to work with and he really understood the vibe we were going for at the wedding. We had a blast and danced all night! Use them- don't bother looking around. They are the best, hands down.

Profile Picture Yvonne, 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We recently had Dave dj our wedding. He was fantastic and we'd absolutely use No Macarena again for another event. Dave was on time, he introduced himself, was very friendly and easy to work with. We discussed requests prior to the wedding, we shared some styles of music we liked and Dave did the rest. We asked for a subtle Philly theme and he provided that by playing some hits without us having to give him exact details. The whole crowd was up and dancing for the entirety of the night. Thank you again so much, everything was fantastic.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

In 2003 I was at a wedding and heard a Bjork song during the cocktail hour and thought, "Wow, who is this DJ!?" I went to the DJ table and took the business card. It was No Macarena and I was 19 years old. Ten years later, my best friend got married and the DJ was really on the mark, so I asked my friend who the DJ was and she said No Macarena! So I didn't really shop around for a wedding DJ. My husband and I had had fun making a playlist of music we thought would be fun to hear at a wedding. I shared it with Kim so that she could get a read on us, and she wound up playing a lot of it, which was great. We had entertained the idea of just using that playlist on an iPod and foregoing having a DJ, but we're so glad we had Kim there to keep the party going. The price was very reasonable, and we were so happy with the whole event.

Profile Picture Mallory, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I have some interesting musical tastes. Think: Michael McDonald, ABBA and the Spice Girls. Kim found a way to blend together our 'must-haves' with similar songs in the genre and when we gave her our "no play" list, we could feel the high-five through the phone as we could tell she was tired of playing them too. So many guests remarked how our set list was incredible. At a typical wedding, the music hits and misses with a few solid dance songs that get people out there, a few groaners that people begrudgingly dance to and some "huh?" songs that people use as an excuse to nibble their dessert or grab another drink. At our wedding, it was non-stop dancing and fun and our guests let us know how awesome it was. Thank you Kim!

Profile Picture Tim, 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List

Kim was the perfect DJ for our wedding! She played a great mix of music and ended the night for us in an unforgettable way.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Josh from No Macarena did such an incredible job!!! He played all my favorite songs, got the crowd dancing, and did an excellent job with the introductions. I couldn't be happier with the service we received!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We were incredibly happy with "No Macarena" for our wedding. The owner Kim was very friendly and professional. She listened to what we wanted and gave us exactly that. She got people on the dance floor. We got compliments all day about the great music selection. I would definitely hire them again for another event!

Profile Picture Oona, 5/13/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

No Macarena was great from start to finish. It made for a very lively wedding. She played all our suggestions and filled in other fun stuff. A wonderful DJ!

Profile Picture Leah , 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We could not have been happier with No Macarena on our wedding day! Kim was so easy to get along with, at one point, she even helped calm me down when another vendor had upset me. Leading up to the wedding, she was great to communicate with - answered emails promptly and entertained all of my silly questions. The music was incredible, she knew exactly what to play to make everyone dance - old and young alike! We got compliments on the music all night, and for months after the wedding. Multiple people have even asked me for her contact info! They say that good music makes a wedding, and we couldn't agree more. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 3/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired No Macarena primarily because it was one of the preferred vendors of our venue. Being that we live 3,000 miles from our venue, we really relied on word of mouth from trusted sources. No Macarena comes highly recommended not only by our venue/caterer, but also from other vendors within the Philadelphia area.

From my first conversation with Kim, I knew I wanted to work with No Macarena. She was extremely professional and personable. She worked with us early, and touched base occasionally during our planning. We talked more during the last month, finalizing playlists, going over the ceremony, and finessing the details of the first dances. She worked incredibly well with our day-of coordinator.

While we had a playlist, Kim was able to read the crowd to determine what would work and when. I didn't select every song, but it didn't matter--each time I looked at the dance floor, there were people out partying it up! No Macarena is not your typical wedding or Bar Mitzvah DJ--there's no MC-ing, no showboating. Kim knows her music and she plays it.

Profile Picture Jacqui, 10/9/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List

Kim was fantastic and had great taste in music! We gave her a lot of leeway for song selection, and we got so many compliments on the music we had to tell our guests we didn't pick them! :) Kim was also very helpful with setting up the microphone system for our ceremony. This wasn't part of her own system, but we didn't know how to set it up ourselves, so she stepped up and went above and beyond what we'd originally asked. We LOVED our experience with Kim!!

Profile Picture Kirsten, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List

Josh Landow was the DJ for our wedding and he was awesome. We discussed the timeline and music the weekend before and he had a number of helpful suggestions. On the night, everything flowed very nicely and Josh did a great job at checking in with us at key points on the schedule (introductions, speeches, first dances, etc). Guests were giving him tons of compliments during the dancing. Overall, extremely professional and kept everyone on the dance floor. Couldn't ask for anything more!

Profile Picture Chris, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Dave did a great job. All the timed music for ceremony and introductions went off with out a hitch. The mics for the ceremony were easy to use and all the spoken parts were heard very clearly. Our guests had a great time!

Profile Picture Angela, 10/1/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

No Macarena was so easy to work with! We had Kim. She was very helpful and made it so we didn't have to worry about anything and we had people dancing all night.

Profile Picture Concetta, 9/25/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System

No Macarena was great! We had our wedding on 9/24/16. Jonas was our DJ and he was very professional. We sent him a list of songs we wanted to hear and we also had a call with him a week before the wedding to make sure we were all on the same page. Everything went smoothly and we had numerous people tell us that the music was phenomenal! And you cant beat the price. I highly recommend them. Also, Kim was very easy to work with and very responsive when we were booking them.

Profile Picture User7310244, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We booked No Macarena for our wedding in September, and Darrel Asbury was our DJ. Kim was so responsive and helpful with the booking process, and Darrel was AWESOME. We gave him a huge random playlist, and he did such a great job putting the songs in an order that kept the party moving. We had him bring extra equipment with late notice and he made everything run so smoothly. My husband even reached out to him secretly before the wedding to coordinate a surprise for me in lieu of his mother-son dance, which Darrel helped him pull off flawlessly. We would definitely recommend No Macarena!!!

Profile Picture Jill, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jonas from No Macarena was great and everyone loved the music! I would not have asked for him to do anything differently. I have very high standards - especially for my wedding - and I had zero complaints. I was very prescriptive with the songs I wanted played and during which times and he did phenomenally well. He did what I asked, took my direction and was flexible with the timing of the day.

Profile Picture Emily, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

No Macarena was amazing! Our DJ was Joe Pizzio and he was incredible from beginning to end. Me and my husband started making couple of long playlists months before the wedding. we gather all the songs that we really loved and the ones we had good memories with growing up: for dancing, slow dancing, reception, happy hour ... We gave Joe those lists a week before the wedding. He was so great at receiving that huge list. I am Iranian and mu husband is American so there was a lot of International music there as well. Joe actually owned most of the music I sent him! He has a huge collection of diverse musics. we talked on the phone about what we really didn't want and what we did want and he was so great at listening to all our needs and helping us through. On the day of wedding, he showed up dressed in a beautiful suit although it was a verrry hot day in September. He was absolutely professional. He played everything as it was planned. He had a great sense on seemlessly mixing all these different genres that we have given him. Everyone was on the dance floor having fun. He could feel the energy so well. He coordinated with the caterers and the photographer for every single detail that was needed in the back. We didn't really want a loud DJ and Joe absolutely respected our wish. I would work with him again and again. Thank you so much for your incredible service!

Profile Picture Yassi, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Definitely use No Macarena as your DJ. Josh did an amazing job! Before the wedding, he helped us with ideas for how to make the reception events run really smoothly. He played everything we asked for and also paced the evening really well - everything was perfectly timed. We have gotten so many compliments on how great the music was, from the pre-ceremony time to dinner to the dance party. The dance floor was literally packed all night! We couldn't have asked for a better experience, thanks!

Profile Picture User7134324, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

If your looking for a great DJ for your wedding, look no further.
They did an exceptional job at our wedding. From the song choice, to the MC, professionalism, and customer service was on point!

Profile Picture Lien, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Kim from No Macarena DJed at our wedding last June and did a fantastic job! The playlist run down for the ceremony and reception really went off without a hitch. She played every song we had requested and then some. It was so nice not having to worry about this aspect of the wedding on top of everything else. I would recommend No Macarena to anyone in that area!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We couldn't have been happier with Evan from No Macarena. We provided a list of artists and songs we like and don't like and he created an amazing playlist from that. I loved everything he played, especially during the cocktail hour and dinner. He provided and set up the sound system. The music sounded great and the microphones worked perfectly. Evan did all the announcements we asked for, but the rest of the time he focused on the music. That's exactly what we were looking for.

Working with this company is extremely easy. I found them to be very responsive. It was a good value and the price was comparable to the other DJ we interviewed.

I would definitely recommend this company and especially Evan.

Profile Picture Beth, 5/21/16, 4 Reviews