No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service Reviews

180 Reviews for No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service

1 User photo

Gina Telymonde · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Professional and Fun

No Macarena was recommended to me by a friend of a friend who had them at her wedding. From my first interaction with Kim she was upbeat, helpful and professional. Darrell was our DJ and when we met with him to discuss our plan, he was knowledgeable about the playlist and agenda we sent over to him, and clearly reviewed it all thoroughly prior to our chat. He respected our wishes of staying off the mic except for a few announcements (which I think is just their "thing" anyway!) and not allowing any ridiculous requests to be played -- but did so in a respectful manner with our guests. He kept the entire night flowing, not just with the music, but with each event that happened (first dance, dinner, etc). The music was appropriate for the time of the evening each step of the way, and he was just truly a great person to work with. We'd recommend No Macarena to anyone, and I hope my friends have them at their event so we can experience it as guests!

Sent on 05/09/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

You guys were the best! Thank you so much for having me! It was so much fun playing your great music choices for your friends and family!

Congrats!
    Darrel

Anne · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect Wedding DJ!

Kim was our wedding DJ and she did an incredible job! I loved working with her. She was so helpful in coming up with the perfect playlist and even developing the timeline for the wedding. She worked with me to make sure my cousin and uncle (the family musicians) could play while I walked down the aisle and provided three extra microphones to allow this to happen. She read the room perfectly and played the perfect songs at each moment, transitioning seamlessly. She even put up with my husband had many, many song requests. It was a joy working with her and I would recommend her to anyone who is doing a wedding in the Philadelphia area!

Sent on 10/28/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Annie, thanks so much, maybe your husband should come work for me, he really knew his crowd : ) I'll always think of you two when I hear Blink-182. Now, go live happily ever after! Cheers! Kim

brigette · Married on 10/19/2019

Perfect Experience

We are thrilled with our decision to work with No Macarena and Danny Madonna in particular. Everyone we spoke with was very informed and helpful in letting us know what we information we need to provide, and decisions we needed to make. We decided against walking down the aisle and opted out of a few of the traditional wedding moments, and Danny helped create a very smooth experience for us and our guests. We are music lovers, so we came with a lot of music recommendations which he primarily used. When he went off script (which he was allowed to :)) the music was still great. The guests had so much fun and so did we. Cannot recommend enough!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Nicole · Married on 10/12/2019

Look no further!

We loved No Macarena! Jonas was so easy to work with. He was laid back and funny (which we needed at that stage of the process), but also responsive and on top of things. We knew we’d be in good hands and we were right! It was an awesome dance party. Everyone was still on the dance floor at the end so we even extended the wedding by 30 minutes! Thanks so much!!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • O

Olympia · Married on 10/11/2019

Just how I envisioned my reception going

Kim from No Macarena was fantastic! She provided me with additional setup up for the ceremony and was able to fill in appropriate music/song choices on certain things I didn’t feel like picking ie. cake cutting. She had my guests dancing all night and even me! Every one danced the night away. Even friends of mine who normally don’t dance, Dance! The process was so simple. No pages upon pages of music choices, just gave her a decent amount of songs/artist we liked and she did the rest. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Liz · Married on 09/28/2019

A perfect soundtrack to our big day

Kim blew us away with how seamlessly she blended our specific tastes with music that would appeal to everyone at the wedding. She had people of all ages out dancing from start to finish. She was also a joy to work with! Thank you, Kim, for providing a perfect soundtrack to our memories of the evening.

Sent on 01/25/2020

Dan Tosti · Married on 09/27/2019

Amazing DJ

Kim was an absolutely amazing DJ for our wedding. My wife joked that I was a bit of a Groomzilla about the music, but that’s just because I know that’s what really makes a wedding. Once we saw Kim I knew we had our DJ. She has an immense knowledge of music and knew exactly what to play and when to play it. We were able to talk beforehand and give her our ideas for what type of music we liked and she created an awesome set off of that. She was especially helpful with selecting the perfect music for that dinner/post dinner time before all the real serious dancing begins.

Sent on 10/25/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Dan and Tia, I had a great time DJ-ing for your group, the music and the whole vibe really reflected your personalities. Congrats again on your marriage! Kim

Kamila · Married on 09/14/2019

Exceptional. Great to work with.

We had planned on having laid back wedding and the music was something that was very important to us. We strongly believe that music is a very big part of what makes a wedding great. But we both didn’t like the idea of a “Wedding DJ”. Someone who yells in that radio jockey voice trying to pump up the crowd into having a good time. No Macarena, specifically Kim, was exactly who we were looking for. Sure we went over what we wanted to hear but Kim put her extra special spin on it and one of the things our wedding guests keep mentioning to us is how incredible our DJ was. Her sound system is also incredible. She played the acoustic song for my walk down the aisle and people said they felt like the person was there performing the song live. Zero complaints, only praise. If you want to make your wedding extra special you will look into Kim and No Macarena before you even waste your time researching anyone else.

Sent on 10/14/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Kamila, thanks so much for the kind words, your group was so much fun! DO live happily ever after.

Jackie Haley · Married on 09/06/2019

Best DJ ever!

We were searching for a DJ who didn’t play just the generic wedding songs because we love all different kinds of music. The moment we talked to Kim on the phone we knew we were in great hands. We gave her a list of songs and she worked off those and nailed it! She listened to what we liked and added more songs. Unfortunately at the last minute the guitarist for our ceremony did not show up, so Kim took charged and played for us down the aisle. It actually was even better because she knew exactly what to do. Our guests were on the dance floor all night thanks to the great music! Thank you so much Kim for the amazing night we won’t ever forget!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Alexandra Keenan · Married on 08/17/2019

Professional and fantastic DJ service

We really loved working with Kim Alexander of No Macarena. She really broke the down the process for us, was very organized and detail oriented and played great music that had us dancing all night! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/19/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Thanks Allie and Bassey... I really enjoyed turning your eclectic suggestions into a great dance party. All the best! Kim

Alison & Greg · Married on 07/27/2019

Fun and Personal Atmosphere

No Macarena was a great choice for our wedding. They helped us personalize the ceremony to match a variety of musical tastes. Josh was a great DJ and helped us plan the timing of the event. We highly recommend them for any couple looking for a personal and fun musical atmosphere.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Angela

Angela Kuehn · Married on 07/07/2019

Best Alternative DJ!

Kim was absolutely wonderful. The lead up to the wedding was great and she chose an amazing playlist. She was helpful with changes and patient during the many speeches we had during the wedding. With all the delays she packed a punch on the dance floor and it was packed for the remainder of the night. She was so wonderful and my husband and I are still gleefully reminiscing of the music and the dancing of that night!

Sent on 07/24/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Angela, I loved your wedding, it was so full of personality! Thanks for the kind words and DO live happily ever after. Kim

Alexis Wojtanowski · Married on 06/29/2019

Highly recommend No Macarena

No Macarena, and Danny, were amazing! Numerous guests told us it was the best DJ they have heard at a wedding.
    Danny was super helpful with recommending music, and was able to read the crowd. Danny also was great about keeping us close to our wedding schedule, making sure we had time for toasts and dancing. I can't recommend No Macarena enough!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Zuckerman · Married on 06/29/2019

Beyond perfect

I'll admit that what piqued my interest in No Macarena first was the excellent name. As soon as my now-husband and I spoke to Kim, though, we realized that the name was far from the only fantastic thing about the company. The whole ethos of helping to pick our own music was brilliant (and a blast for my music-loving husband). Even more brilliant? Joe, our DJ, who was such fun to talk to that I'm pretty sure we all gabbed for an hour each time he called to check in, and who worked flawlessly with our suggestions to create the perfect soundtrack to the whole day. He also had a mic ready to go when I lost my voice and needed help croaking my way through my vows, rolled with requests to rearrange songs on the spur of the moment, and emcee'd exactly the moments that needed managing without ever being intrusive. We lucked out beyond measure with Joe and No Macarena; I'd recommend both in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney Tomlinson · Married on 06/28/2019

Ease, Value & a DJ that will have guests remembering long after the wedding!

No Macarena ended up being our favorite wedding Vendor. We worked with DJ Dave, and HIGHLY recommend him!! (As well as working with Kim leading up to the night). Love that they have no restrictions on your music, and truly work to make eclectic music blend. Would echo all reviews that guests did not leave the dance floor, even in some true Philly summer heat. Guests are still telling us that they loved the music from our wedding. Thanks again Dave!!

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Thomas · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing playlist

Kim was an excellent DJ! She played all the songs we requested, and the rest of the playlist was a great mix that kept our guests dancing all night long!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Sarah · Married on 06/15/2019

So much fun!

Hiring No Macarena was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They were easy to work with and easily accommodated our requests. Darrel was so wonderful on the day of the wedding - professional, helpful, and he curated an awesome playlist that moved with the night and kept the dance floor packed through the last song!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Maddy · Married on 06/14/2019

The Absolute Best

We cannot say enough about No Macarena. One of our best wedding planning decisions was hiring Kim Alexander. She was FANTASTIC! From our first conversation with her, we were impressed. She was attentive to detail, incredibly knowledgeable, asked great questions to figure out our taste, and made the whole process super easy and fun.
    My now husband and I have quite an eclectic taste in music and we had some unique requests for dinner/cocktail hour - she absolutely nailed the song selection for the night and we seriously could not be happier.
    Our guests (almost all 165 of them, from all different age groups) were up dancing ALL night - from the first song 'til the last. We loved how simple everything was and how easy Kim was to work with. The music was a HUGE highlight of our wedding night and we have Kim and No Macarena to thank for that. Going into my wedding night, I did not anticipate dancing the entire time, but it turned out that I couldn't leave the dance floor - it was too much fun.

Sent on 08/26/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Maddie, thanks so much! Your wedding was one of my favorites of the year. Best wishes on your marriage and DO live happily ever after.
  • Cal

Cal Koehler · Married on 06/09/2019

Awesome DJ's Who Know Their Stuff

We are so happy we chose No Macarena to DJ our wedding. We were looking for a DJ who could cater to our personal musical taste instead of just playing all the stock wedding classics. Working with Kim to coordinate was a breeze, she was super responsive and extremely helpful. On the day of our wedding, DJ Rod did an awesome job Doing and MCing the party. He played all the songs we wanted to hear, and added his own personal touch, which we really enjoyed. We are so glad we got to work with Kim and Rod and would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Nick Rotsides · Married on 05/18/2019

Fantastic experience

Fantastic professional experience from start to finish. Kept us involved throughout and invited us to contribute as much as we felt necessary. At the beginning of the reception my mom gave Josh a list of traditional Greek wedding song requests (which were NOT on the playlist we submitted) and Josh, hero that he is, found and played them all and made a lot of Greek people very happy. He also played everything we did request and kept the party moving all night. Could not recommend him enough.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Lauren · Married on 05/17/2019

Kim is the best...

My fiancé and I knew we were going to be asking a lot from our DJ. We had some goofy musical choices, a lot of song transitions for the ceremony and introductions, and we did NOT want any of the usual lame DJ chatter. From the moment I talked to Kim on the phone for the first time, I knew she was the DJ for us. She was responsive, totally understood the vibe that I was going for, and seriously reasonably priced. I actually felt guilty after filling out my music sheet for her because I felt like we were asking so much, but she delivered in spades and made our wedding so memorable. The transitions and announcements were perfect, and we had guests on the dance floor through the very last song. We received so many compliments on the music, and my husband’s sister even asked us if she could get a copy of the night’s playlist! It was that good. If you want a DJ with a chill vibe but amazing music, Kim is your person without a doubt. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Michelle Mendez · Married on 05/11/2019

Best party of our lives!!

Kim was great to work with!! She listened to what we wanted- which was a very specific list of plays/do-NOT-plays and kept the party going all night!! She was exactly what we wanted in a DJ-- someone who would simply give us the best party of our lives. No line dances, no choreography, and she was on the mic only to announce what we had specifically discussed (dances, cake cutting etc). Everything was perfect, THANK YOU KIM & No Macarena!!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Peter

Peter Wynkoop · Married on 04/05/2019

Could not recommend more!

No Macarena first appealed to my fiancé and I due to their vision of providing quality DJ experience without falling for traditional wedding DJ shticks. It is clear that this is group of people who are passionate about music. Both Kim and her staff are responsive, enthusiastic and professional. Our original DJ fell ill and Kim arranged coverage in no-time. The transition was seamless. I would 100% recommend No Macarena for anyone who wants a thoughtfully curated wedding DJ experience.

Sent on 05/21/2019

Andrea · Married on 04/05/2019

Great DJ - highly recommend!

We are so glad we found Kim and No Macarena! Kim was responsive, easy to work with, and helped customize our day based on our musical interests. From the first time we spoke, we were impressed by her professionalism and how easy she made things. On the day of, she was prompt, friendly, and flexible as we had to make changes to our day based on the weather. We didn't have to worry about a single thing as far as the DJ and music was concerned, and that's a testament to the great service Kim and No Macarena provides! We got compliments from our guests on the music. We would definitely recommend them and use them again at future social events.

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Mary

Mary Migliozzi · Married on 12/29/2018

Great custom music blend

We initially thought we'd do our music ourselves, but when it became clear we weren't prepared to do that, we contacted No Macarena just a couple of weeks before our December wedding. They moved quickly and set up a time to discuss by phone what we had in mind for our wedding. They asked all the right questions and thought of details that never would have occurred to us.

We had asked our guests who RSVPed through the website to name a song that would get them dancing. We gave our DJ, Josh, this rather eclectic list along with a considerable list of our own requests, including a number of foreign language songs (Italian) that I'm sure were not part of his usual lineup. He honored them all and did an excellent job of choosing other songs based on our tastes, reading the room and taking us seamlessly through different musical styles. Everyone from the disco-loving aunts to the Miami Reggaeton-fan cousins danced, and even my music snob friends commented on how much they liked the music.

Sent on 01/13/2019