139 Reviews for "No Macarena" DJ & Custom Music Service

Sound/PA System (20)
MC (13)
Liability Insurance (8)
139 "No Macarena" DJ & Custom Music Service Reviews

No Macarena was great! Joe Pizzio was the DJ for our wedding, including ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Both he and Kim (the owner of the company) were easy to work with and professional. Joe did a great job listening to our music preferences and our vision for the different parts of the event, from 60’s pop during cocktail hour to soft indie during dinner. His playlists perfectly matched our musical taste. Joe did a great job during the dance party at the reception. He kept our crowd dancing and having fun! He mixed well-known songs and our more idiosyncratic requests in a way that kept the dance party going while still giving us the chance to dance to some of our more offbeat favorites. We highly recommend No Macarena and Joe for anyone who wants music choices that are a little unconventional.

Profile Picture Robyn, 7/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We got married on 6/30/18 and Kim provided the perfect soundtrack for our wedding! She was accommodating and easy to work with. We had one coordination meeting by phone and a few follow up emails to provide her with a list of song/artist requests beforehand. We also sent her a Spotify playlist songs people like to dance to (we are not pop music people). Kim did a great job sequencing songs through cocktail hour and dinner and then transitioning into dance music. She incorporated most of our specific requests while filling in the blanks with complementary material. Everyone was dancing by the end of the night!

Profile Picture Mary, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Liability Insurance, MC

We had an excellent experience with No Maracena and DJ Josh Landow for our wedding. My wife and I used to live in Latin America and had a lot of Latin music that you wouldn't find on most playlists - Josh took the time to find all the songs we requested, helping to make it a memorable night. Josh also offered to record the ceremony and the toasts after dinner for a small extra charge. It's not something that we would have thought to do, but we're very glad now to have this as an extra memento.

Profile Picture Iain, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I attended our friends' wedding a few years ago which Kim DJ'ed. We agreed at that wedding that we would use her for ours when the day came. She was the first vendor we hired after booking our venue and we couldn't be more pleased. She was amazing throughout the entire process and really went out of her way to make the day perfect. My wife and I have very different tastes in music but Kim was able to fuse the two and provide an amazing soundtrack which everyone is still complimenting us on. We have already recommended her to our friends and family.

Profile Picture Dan, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Truly phenomenal! We debated hiring a DJ for months as we were adamant about having a playlist unique to us and our guests. Then we came across No Macarena and Dave Beck made our late 90s/early 2000s hit list dreams come true. The dance floor was packed until the end of the night and our guests asked about our DJ multiple times. We can't express our gratitude enough!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

No Macarena provided us with a sound system for our ceremony and then supplied great music
during our reception! The dance floor was packed, and we all had an absolute blast! DJ Danny Madonna was the best. Thank you!

Profile Picture Liz, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Kim and the No Macarena team were phenomenal. She had every song I requested (even super obscure ones) and she managed my expectations super well. She kept everyone dancing and responded to the mood of the guests. We were so pleased with her professionalism, music knowledge, and how she kept the flow going just right all evening. 100% recommend for the person who wants something different and totally custom.

Profile Picture caitlin, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Amazing experience working with Kim!! Highly recommend - we came with varied music tastes + a non traditional reception setup and she was flexible, responsive, and helped make our night awesome!!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had such a good feeling about Kim from our first meeting, and she did not disappoint. She took our playlist and ran with it. No flash, just good music, and that's exactly what we wanted. We kept saying, Kim just "gets it"! Our dance floor was packed all night!

Profile Picture Alli, 10/21/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Leading up to the wedding, Kim and Darrel were responsive and helpful. On the night of the wedding itself, Darrel was amazing. He had everyone dancing the whole time. It could not have been a better experience!

Profile Picture Ben, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Amazing!!! Dave was our DJ and he was fantastic. So easy to work with and he really understood the vibe we were going for at the wedding. We had a blast and danced all night! Use them- don't bother looking around. They are the best, hands down.

Profile Picture Yvonne, 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I worked with No Macarena for our wedding and could not have been happier. We connected with Kim immediately during our first call and knew she would be the ideal fit for our wedding.

Kim was very responsive and gave us great direction in planning the music for our wedding reception. As part of the planning processing, Kim had us complete an information sheet on our musical likes and dislikes. Initially, we went way over board, proposing at least 100 songs we thought should be played at our wedding reception at different times. Kim leveled with us (gently), and recommended that she work with the themes and play our top songs (thank you Kim!). Kim was 100% right. She responded to the feelings of the crowd and kept the party going all night. Kim made sure to save our favorite songs for when we were on the dance floor.

No Macarena was a top vendor for our wedding. Kim was so professional, responsive, and easy to work with. We received countless compliments on our DJ from our guests and even other vendors. We found No Macrena's pricing to be very reasonable, especially given the quality and overall experience.

I would 100% book with No Macarena again and have since recommended No Macarena to other brides.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We recently had Dave dj our wedding. He was fantastic and we'd absolutely use No Macarena again for another event. Dave was on time, he introduced himself, was very friendly and easy to work with. We discussed requests prior to the wedding, we shared some styles of music we liked and Dave did the rest. We asked for a subtle Philly theme and he provided that by playing some hits without us having to give him exact details. The whole crowd was up and dancing for the entirety of the night. Thank you again so much, everything was fantastic.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

In 2003 I was at a wedding and heard a Bjork song during the cocktail hour and thought, "Wow, who is this DJ!?" I went to the DJ table and took the business card. It was No Macarena and I was 19 years old. Ten years later, my best friend got married and the DJ was really on the mark, so I asked my friend who the DJ was and she said No Macarena! So I didn't really shop around for a wedding DJ. My husband and I had had fun making a playlist of music we thought would be fun to hear at a wedding. I shared it with Kim so that she could get a read on us, and she wound up playing a lot of it, which was great. We had entertained the idea of just using that playlist on an iPod and foregoing having a DJ, but we're so glad we had Kim there to keep the party going. The price was very reasonable, and we were so happy with the whole event.

Profile Picture Mallory, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I have some interesting musical tastes. Think: Michael McDonald, ABBA and the Spice Girls. Kim found a way to blend together our 'must-haves' with similar songs in the genre and when we gave her our "no play" list, we could feel the high-five through the phone as we could tell she was tired of playing them too. So many guests remarked how our set list was incredible. At a typical wedding, the music hits and misses with a few solid dance songs that get people out there, a few groaners that people begrudgingly dance to and some "huh?" songs that people use as an excuse to nibble their dessert or grab another drink. At our wedding, it was non-stop dancing and fun and our guests let us know how awesome it was. Thank you Kim!

Profile Picture Tim, 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List

Kim was the perfect DJ for our wedding! She played a great mix of music and ended the night for us in an unforgettable way.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Josh from No Macarena did such an incredible job!!! He played all my favorite songs, got the crowd dancing, and did an excellent job with the introductions. I couldn't be happier with the service we received!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We were incredibly happy with "No Macarena" for our wedding. The owner Kim was very friendly and professional. She listened to what we wanted and gave us exactly that. She got people on the dance floor. We got compliments all day about the great music selection. I would definitely hire them again for another event!

Profile Picture Oona, 5/13/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

No Macarena was great from start to finish. It made for a very lively wedding. She played all our suggestions and filled in other fun stuff. A wonderful DJ!

Profile Picture Leah , 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We could not have been happier with No Macarena on our wedding day! Kim was so easy to get along with, at one point, she even helped calm me down when another vendor had upset me. Leading up to the wedding, she was great to communicate with - answered emails promptly and entertained all of my silly questions. The music was incredible, she knew exactly what to play to make everyone dance - old and young alike! We got compliments on the music all night, and for months after the wedding. Multiple people have even asked me for her contact info! They say that good music makes a wedding, and we couldn't agree more. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 3/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired No Macarena primarily because it was one of the preferred vendors of our venue. Being that we live 3,000 miles from our venue, we really relied on word of mouth from trusted sources. No Macarena comes highly recommended not only by our venue/caterer, but also from other vendors within the Philadelphia area.

From my first conversation with Kim, I knew I wanted to work with No Macarena. She was extremely professional and personable. She worked with us early, and touched base occasionally during our planning. We talked more during the last month, finalizing playlists, going over the ceremony, and finessing the details of the first dances. She worked incredibly well with our day-of coordinator.

While we had a playlist, Kim was able to read the crowd to determine what would work and when. I didn't select every song, but it didn't matter--each time I looked at the dance floor, there were people out partying it up! No Macarena is not your typical wedding or Bar Mitzvah DJ--there's no MC-ing, no showboating. Kim knows her music and she plays it.

Profile Picture Jacqui, 10/9/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List

Kim was fantastic and had great taste in music! We gave her a lot of leeway for song selection, and we got so many compliments on the music we had to tell our guests we didn't pick them! :) Kim was also very helpful with setting up the microphone system for our ceremony. This wasn't part of her own system, but we didn't know how to set it up ourselves, so she stepped up and went above and beyond what we'd originally asked. We LOVED our experience with Kim!!

Profile Picture Kirsten, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List

Josh Landow was the DJ for our wedding and he was awesome. We discussed the timeline and music the weekend before and he had a number of helpful suggestions. On the night, everything flowed very nicely and Josh did a great job at checking in with us at key points on the schedule (introductions, speeches, first dances, etc). Guests were giving him tons of compliments during the dancing. Overall, extremely professional and kept everyone on the dance floor. Couldn't ask for anything more!

Profile Picture Chris, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Dave did a great job. All the timed music for ceremony and introductions went off with out a hitch. The mics for the ceremony were easy to use and all the spoken parts were heard very clearly. Our guests had a great time!

Profile Picture Angela, 10/1/16, 9 Reviews