No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service Reviews

190 Reviews for No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service

• Katie

Katie · Married on 07/17/2021

Kim was awesome!

Kim was our DJ for our wedding reception, which finally happened this month, after being postponed a couple of times due to COVID. She was very understanding about changing the date, and had great communication with us throughout the process. It was really important to me to have a DJ that would play my music, and Kim did a fantastic job of mixing together all the songs I requested, the guests' requests, and some more traditional party songs. The guests had a great time dancing and more than one person said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to.

Sent on 07/25/2021
  • Michelle

Michelle H. · Married on 06/20/2021

Had a blast at our wedding!!

If you want to party to never stop at your wedding, hire No Macarena! Our DJ Josh was very professional and fun!! He called us a week before the wedding to go over the details and double check how to pronounce everyone’s name. We also sent in a long request list that he was able to fulfill as well! All of the introductions and speeches ran smoothly! I was on the dance floor almost the entire night!! We all had a blast thanks to Josh and Kim for organizing everything as well! Thank you again for all of your planning for our special day!

Sent on 06/25/2021

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Thank-you and you're welcome from Josh and me. I know it was a great party. Congrats again and thanks for having us make your day memorable and fun. XO Kim
  • Nicole

Nicole N. · Married on 06/13/2021

Great people and a great party!

We really enjoyed working with No Macarena for our wedding. They initially caught my interest with their emphasis on breaking away from the same old tired playlists and doing something a little different. The sample playlists on their website were really helpful to give us an idea of style, and to get a sense of their creativity! Kim was so nice and quick to respond to our questions about pricing and details. Dave Beck was our DJ and he did a fantastic job!! He really paid attention to the style of the playlist we sent him for the reception which I really appreciated. Almost everyone was up and dancing by the end of the night. It was such a fun party and never too loud for those that wanted to talk, which is such a hard balance to strike! We also really appreciated Dave making lots of different announcements for us throughout the night, it really helped everything go smoothly. During the ceremony we had a mix of piped in music as well as a couple family members performing songs. Dave handled the audio transitions and the miking of the musicians flawlessly, everything went perfectly! Thank you again No Macarena, you made our day exactly as we imagined! Your professionalism and music sensibility really impressed us. You have your heart in your work and it shows!!

Sent on 07/31/2021
  • Samantha

Samantha S. · Married on 05/22/2021

Kim was fantastic!

Kim did an excellent job DJ'ing our May wedding! We really did not want any of the hokey songs that are typically played at weddings. I put together 3 Spotify lists for Kim - Cocktail Hour, Dinner, and Reception. She played only the songs from my playlists which is what we wanted and kept our guests on the dance floor all night long! Kim spoke with us over the phone prior to the wedding to discuss logistics, announcements, etc. She was also able to provide a mic setup for our ceremony. Kim could not have been easier to work with and we would highly recommend her! Kim, we appreciate you and thank you for making our wedding day so unforgettable!

Sent on 06/10/2021

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

This makes me so happy! Thank-you and you're welcome.
    You guys were a fun group. OK, I have to use 100 characters here, so the next thing I would say is CONGRATULATIONS and do live happily ever after. Cheers!
  • Elise

Elise G. · Married on 04/10/2021

Wonderful Wedding DJ

We had Darrel as the DJ for our wedding! Darrel had great energy, he did not take over the mic like some DJs do and led the night perfectly. He was very easy to talk to and everyone loved him!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Gina T. · Married on 03/04/2021

Professional and Fun

No Macarena was recommended to me by a friend of a friend who had them at her wedding. From my first interaction with Kim she was upbeat, helpful and professional. Darrell was our DJ and when we met with him to discuss our plan, he was knowledgeable about the playlist and agenda we sent over to him, and clearly reviewed it all thoroughly prior to our chat. He respected our wishes of staying off the mic except for a few announcements (which I think is just their "thing" anyway!) and not allowing any ridiculous requests to be played -- but did so in a respectful manner with our guests. He kept the entire night flowing, not just with the music, but with each event that happened (first dance, dinner, etc). The music was appropriate for the time of the evening each step of the way, and he was just truly a great person to work with. We'd recommend No Macarena to anyone, and I hope my friends have them at their event so we can experience it as guests!

Sent on 05/09/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

You guys were the best! Thank you so much for having me! It was so much fun playing your great music choices for your friends and family!

Congrats!
    Darrel

Emma P. · Married on 10/10/2020

Absolutely amazing!

We had Dave Beck as our DJ for the wedding, and let me just say he was such a great energy to work with. So easy to talk to and everyone loved him! I had so many guests come up to me asking for his information and music list, because he was that great!! I will always choose NoMacarena!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Kiley

Kiley A. · Married on 10/10/2020

Thanks Kim!

Kim was an absolute pleasure to work with for our October Wedding! She did a great job cultivating playlists and helping to keep our timeline. I had mentioned wanting to do a special dance with my grandfather and she ensured it happened even in the midst of the reception craziness. I will forever cherish that dance with my Poppop and am so thankful she reminded us and helped to make it happen. Thanks again Kim!

Sent on 06/20/2021

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Awww.... this makes me so happy. I mean, this is really what it's about, right? I love my gig, I really do. Thanks for the kind words and congrats again on your marriage. XO Kim

Anne · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect Wedding DJ!

Kim was our wedding DJ and she did an incredible job! I loved working with her. She was so helpful in coming up with the perfect playlist and even developing the timeline for the wedding. She worked with me to make sure my cousin and uncle (the family musicians) could play while I walked down the aisle and provided three extra microphones to allow this to happen. She read the room perfectly and played the perfect songs at each moment, transitioning seamlessly. She even put up with my husband had many, many song requests. It was a joy working with her and I would recommend her to anyone who is doing a wedding in the Philadelphia area!

Sent on 10/28/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Annie, thanks so much, maybe your husband should come work for me, he really knew his crowd : ) I'll always think of you two when I hear Blink-182. Now, go live happily ever after! Cheers! Kim

Brigette · Married on 10/19/2019

Perfect Experience

We are thrilled with our decision to work with No Macarena and Danny Madonna in particular. Everyone we spoke with was very informed and helpful in letting us know what we information we need to provide, and decisions we needed to make. We decided against walking down the aisle and opted out of a few of the traditional wedding moments, and Danny helped create a very smooth experience for us and our guests. We are music lovers, so we came with a lot of music recommendations which he primarily used. When he went off script (which he was allowed to :)) the music was still great. The guests had so much fun and so did we. Cannot recommend enough!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Nicole · Married on 10/12/2019

Look no further!

We loved No Macarena! Jonas was so easy to work with. He was laid back and funny (which we needed at that stage of the process), but also responsive and on top of things. We knew we’d be in good hands and we were right! It was an awesome dance party. Everyone was still on the dance floor at the end so we even extended the wedding by 30 minutes! Thanks so much!!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • O

Olympia · Married on 10/11/2019

Just how I envisioned my reception going

Kim from No Macarena was fantastic! She provided me with additional setup up for the ceremony and was able to fill in appropriate music/song choices on certain things I didn’t feel like picking ie. cake cutting. She had my guests dancing all night and even me! Every one danced the night away. Even friends of mine who normally don’t dance, Dance! The process was so simple. No pages upon pages of music choices, just gave her a decent amount of songs/artist we liked and she did the rest. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Liz · Married on 09/28/2019

A perfect soundtrack to our big day

Kim blew us away with how seamlessly she blended our specific tastes with music that would appeal to everyone at the wedding. She had people of all ages out dancing from start to finish. She was also a joy to work with! Thank you, Kim, for providing a perfect soundtrack to our memories of the evening.

Sent on 01/25/2020

Dan T. · Married on 09/27/2019

Amazing DJ

Kim was an absolutely amazing DJ for our wedding. My wife joked that I was a bit of a Groomzilla about the music, but that’s just because I know that’s what really makes a wedding. Once we saw Kim I knew we had our DJ. She has an immense knowledge of music and knew exactly what to play and when to play it. We were able to talk beforehand and give her our ideas for what type of music we liked and she created an awesome set off of that. She was especially helpful with selecting the perfect music for that dinner/post dinner time before all the real serious dancing begins.

Sent on 10/25/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Dan and Tia, I had a great time DJ-ing for your group, the music and the whole vibe really reflected your personalities. Congrats again on your marriage! Kim

Kamila · Married on 09/14/2019

Exceptional. Great to work with.

We had planned on having laid back wedding and the music was something that was very important to us. We strongly believe that music is a very big part of what makes a wedding great. But we both didn’t like the idea of a “Wedding DJ”. Someone who yells in that radio jockey voice trying to pump up the crowd into having a good time. No Macarena, specifically Kim, was exactly who we were looking for. Sure we went over what we wanted to hear but Kim put her extra special spin on it and one of the things our wedding guests keep mentioning to us is how incredible our DJ was. Her sound system is also incredible. She played the acoustic song for my walk down the aisle and people said they felt like the person was there performing the song live. Zero complaints, only praise. If you want to make your wedding extra special you will look into Kim and No Macarena before you even waste your time researching anyone else.

Sent on 10/14/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Kamila, thanks so much for the kind words, your group was so much fun! DO live happily ever after.

Jackie H. · Married on 09/06/2019

Best DJ ever!

We were searching for a DJ who didn’t play just the generic wedding songs because we love all different kinds of music. The moment we talked to Kim on the phone we knew we were in great hands. We gave her a list of songs and she worked off those and nailed it! She listened to what we liked and added more songs. Unfortunately at the last minute the guitarist for our ceremony did not show up, so Kim took charged and played for us down the aisle. It actually was even better because she knew exactly what to do. Our guests were on the dance floor all night thanks to the great music! Thank you so much Kim for the amazing night we won’t ever forget!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Alexandra K. · Married on 08/17/2019

Professional and fantastic DJ service

We really loved working with Kim Alexander of No Macarena. She really broke the down the process for us, was very organized and detail oriented and played great music that had us dancing all night! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/19/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Thanks Allie and Bassey... I really enjoyed turning your eclectic suggestions into a great dance party. All the best! Kim

Alison G. · Married on 07/27/2019

Fun and Personal Atmosphere

No Macarena was a great choice for our wedding. They helped us personalize the ceremony to match a variety of musical tastes. Josh was a great DJ and helped us plan the timing of the event. We highly recommend them for any couple looking for a personal and fun musical atmosphere.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Angela

Angela K. · Married on 07/07/2019

Best Alternative DJ!

Kim was absolutely wonderful. The lead up to the wedding was great and she chose an amazing playlist. She was helpful with changes and patient during the many speeches we had during the wedding. With all the delays she packed a punch on the dance floor and it was packed for the remainder of the night. She was so wonderful and my husband and I are still gleefully reminiscing of the music and the dancing of that night!

Sent on 07/24/2019

No Macarena DJ & Custom Music Service's reply:

Angela, I loved your wedding, it was so full of personality! Thanks for the kind words and DO live happily ever after. Kim

Alexis W. · Married on 06/29/2019

Highly recommend No Macarena

No Macarena, and Danny, were amazing! Numerous guests told us it was the best DJ they have heard at a wedding.
    Danny was super helpful with recommending music, and was able to read the crowd. Danny also was great about keeping us close to our wedding schedule, making sure we had time for toasts and dancing. I can't recommend No Macarena enough!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Z. · Married on 06/29/2019

Beyond perfect

I'll admit that what piqued my interest in No Macarena first was the excellent name. As soon as my now-husband and I spoke to Kim, though, we realized that the name was far from the only fantastic thing about the company. The whole ethos of helping to pick our own music was brilliant (and a blast for my music-loving husband). Even more brilliant? Joe, our DJ, who was such fun to talk to that I'm pretty sure we all gabbed for an hour each time he called to check in, and who worked flawlessly with our suggestions to create the perfect soundtrack to the whole day. He also had a mic ready to go when I lost my voice and needed help croaking my way through my vows, rolled with requests to rearrange songs on the spur of the moment, and emcee'd exactly the moments that needed managing without ever being intrusive. We lucked out beyond measure with Joe and No Macarena; I'd recommend both in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney T. · Married on 06/28/2019

Ease, Value & a DJ that will have guests remembering long after the wedding!

No Macarena ended up being our favorite wedding Vendor. We worked with DJ Dave, and HIGHLY recommend him!! (As well as working with Kim leading up to the night). Love that they have no restrictions on your music, and truly work to make eclectic music blend. Would echo all reviews that guests did not leave the dance floor, even in some true Philly summer heat. Guests are still telling us that they loved the music from our wedding. Thanks again Dave!!

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah T. · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing playlist

Kim was an excellent DJ! She played all the songs we requested, and the rest of the playlist was a great mix that kept our guests dancing all night long!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Sarah · Married on 06/15/2019

So much fun!

Hiring No Macarena was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They were easy to work with and easily accommodated our requests. Darrel was so wonderful on the day of the wedding - professional, helpful, and he curated an awesome playlist that moved with the night and kept the dance floor packed through the last song!

Sent on 07/26/2019