NJOY Event Planning Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Grace
    Grace E. Married on 10/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Magical Fall Wedding Weekend!

Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer of NJoy Weddings & Events did an amazing job planning (and managing) our destination wedding at the Edson Hill resort in Stowe, Vermont which took place this October. Our celebration was delayed a year due to Covid 19. Throughout the process, Nancy kept us well informed, gave us great advice and helped us make important decisions. Nancy has been planning weddings and events for a long time, so her recommendations on venue, vendors and theme were always perfect. In addition to having a warm and engaging personality, Nancy is extremely organized, detail oriented and focused. She's also quite the amateur meteorologist – her decision on the day of the wedding to move our ceremony up an hour prevented what would have been a very wet disaster! Pulling off a destination wedding isn't easy. Thanks to Nancy, our wedding was everything that we dreamed of. We will always be grateful to her for the memories she helped create. Jim & Grace Evans, Miami, FL

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dear Grace and Jim, Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words, and taking your time to write them. It was a great pleasure getting to know you throughout our planning journey, and your wonderful families on wedding weekend. I do so hope that you will still consider your second home purchase in Vermont sometime in the future because I'd love to continue our friendship. But for now I wish you the heartiest of congratulations on the purchase of your new dream home in Miami.
    Love to you both, Nancy
    P.S. I'll keep watching for a condo in Stowe with your name on it!
  • Julia
    Julia G. Married on 10/02/2021

Julia Gould

Julia G- If you are looking for someone to put all your trust in and completely alleviate you from any stress during not only your wedding day but the whole experience LOOK NO FURTHER! Nancy (and her team) is absolutely incredible!!! My mom and I are very type A people and never thought we’d hire a wedding planner until COVID hit and we had to reschedule our wedding. Nancy truly saved us lots of stress and provided invaluable insight to helping create the wedding I’ve always dreamed of! Nancy came on after we rescheduled the wedding and about 10 months away from the new date. We “had” Nancy with us for monthly meetings several months out from the wedding, but as we got closer, we had more frequent and longer meetings. She and her team were with us for 3 days, coordinated numerous vendors, a pandemic, and several locations with ease. I’d gladly get married again if I knew I had Nancy in my corner! So happy we got the opportunity to work together, Nancy! Brides and MOBs, rest assured, you’re in the most capable hands!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dear, dear Julia! Thank you SO much for these kind words, and for taking your time to write them. You were truly a joy to work with, so decisive, and with such a strong vision of your perfect day. It was great fun making it all come to life for you and David, your "larger than life" wedding party, and your delightful families. Wish we could do it all again! And again, you and David had the very best first dance that I have ever seen - can't wait for the video to share with the world. Sending my love and best wishes always.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Meghan F. Married on 09/25/2021

Fall Wedding in Stowe Coordinated by NJoy

Working with Nancy took so much stress away from the wedding planning process, and day of she was irreplaceable. From the first time we met with her, Nancy showed she was extremely knowledgeable since she has a connection everywhere because of how often she works with other vendors in Vermont. Throughout the process she checked in and made sure we were thinking about every detail of the big weekend. On Friday of wedding weekend we had a welcome party and needed a lot of help setting up, and Nancy and her assistant showed up and literally made everything happen, keeping us calm and allowing us to have tons of fun that night. The day of the wedding Nancy was at the venue setting up before I even got there for hair and makeup, and truly made the day as magical as it possibly could have been. I would have been running around, stressed all day without her. She even brought my dress and all gifts back to the room for us so we didn't leave anything behind that night. Super appreciative of all of her help, she helped make our day stress-free, and absolutely perfect!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dear Meghan, Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly a joy working with you and Miles and I'm so pleased that your day was exactly as you had hoped and dreamed. Can't wait to see the photos so we can enjoy those special moments all over again.

Wishing you and Miles all of life's best moments.

With love and fondness,
    Kat D. Married on 08/28/2021

Professional and amazing!

This may sound cliche, but the simple truth is, we couldn't have done it without Nancy! From start to finish, Nancy drove our wedding from a granular concept to a remarkable reality. She paid close attention to every last detail, and made sure we were informed and comfortable with every decision being made throughout the entire process. Moreover, when we were forced to postpone our wedding for a year due to the pandemic, Nancy took on the brunt of that stress, and made sure all the vendors were seamlessly aligned for the following year. All in all, she worked for two years on our wedding, and we couldn't be more grateful! Not only was the product she produced incredible, but her support throughout the process was invaluable. While our experience is limited when it comes to weddings, it's hard to imagine that there's a better wedding planner out there. We would recommend Nancy to anyone seeking a detail oriented, organized, creative, and passionate wedding planner who's capable of making your dreams come true!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dear Kat, Your kind words mean more than you will know. Thank you for the opportunity to come into your world, learn about things you loved (and not so much), and to enjoy the planning meetings that we spent over dinners together which helped me understand more and more about the things most important to you. Your happiness was always my goal and it was gratifying to see you and Dom so pleased on your wedding day. Can't wait until our next celebration together!!!
    Sally T. Married on 08/06/2021

Exceptional experience with Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer

Working on our destination wedding during Covid could have been a nerve-racking experience, however we were fortunate to have Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer recommend to us early in the planning stages. I can honestly say that I think I would've fallen apart without her. She handled ALL the details with such expertise and grace. She managed everything in a timely and efficient manner, leaving no detail left undone. Nancy dealt with the vendors, had fantastic suggestions, knew literally everyone and never once seemed tired!! From the very first phone conversation months ahead of the wedding to the night of the event I was confident in her abilities and experience. She never let us down. Not only is Nancy efficient and experienced, she's also a joy to work with. I wish everyone could have Nancy as their wedding planner. Mothers of the bride and brides would all be calm and happy just like we were!!
  • Curt
    Curt B. Married on 07/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Nancy was a great partner to help plan our event in Stowe

Nancy was our full wedding planner for our wedding at Trapp Family Lodge in summer 2021. My wife and I both work full time and didn't have time to fully manage our own planning. Nancy was highly responsive, an expert at managing our local vendor team, and a great partner to us. We loved working with Nancy and would highly recommend her for any wedding in Vermont.

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dear Curt & Elaine, From the first moment I met you both I knew that working together would be easy-going, communicable and efficient. Thank you for your trust in me and my ability to bring your vision to life. It was truly spectacular. Congratulations again!
    Sending you all good wishes for a joyful marriage!
  • Katherine
    Katherine F. Married on 08/01/2020

The best!!

Nancy is the best! She helped make all our wedding dreams come true! She is professional, easy to communicate with, and doesn’t miss a single detail. Nancy handled anything we threw at her, which was actually quite a bit due to COVID - from halting all planning, to deciding we were back on, to downsizing to 1/5 to original size, then downsizing even more, then adding people back in - she kept calm and worked out all of the details with our vendors so we could be relaxed and stress-free. She is respectful of the bride and grooms tastes and opinions, and worked with us to make sure our vision came to life. It was truly a pleasure to work with her!!! A fantastic woman who we couldn’t have planned such an incredible event without!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dearest Kat & Jos! It was truly my pleasure to work with you and your family to help fulfill your vision for a fun filled wedding weekend in Vermont. You took my breath away when I saw you in your Anna Campbell gown - just like an angel! Congratulations to you and Jos on your wedding, and may your marriage bring you as much joy every day as you felt on that day! Wishing you the sweetest magic! Nancy
  • Andrea
    Andrea M. Married on 11/03/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hiring a true professional to assist with wedding day of decor, florals & set up was crucial!

Working with Nancy was such a gift! We hired her as a day of coordinator for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding day. The moment she came she confidently took the lead & got to work. She assisted with all aspects of the wedding from bridal bouquets to centerpieces to ceremony decor and steaming my dress (plus everything in between!). Her ability to work well with others makes her very pleasant to be around for such important occasions. But she’s also incredibly talented in her ability to turn chaos into magic in a very short amount of time. From making my dress look polished & steamed, to ensuring our ceremony & reception spaces were impeccable & magical to even capturing photos of the ceremony from unique angles we can’t say enough about how important hiring her was for us. Especially for me as the bride she was my tower of strength on my big day. From the moment we saw her bright & early on the day of the wedding everyone kept saying how energetic she was! She’s a woman on a mission to ensure every wedding & event receive her greatest attention. Everything was perfect!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dearest Andrea, Your kind words are so deeply appreciated. I was thrilled to be a part of your magnificent wedding weekend, and am so pleased that you and Daniel enjoyed the wedding of your dreams. It truly gives me the greatest pleasure to help make my couples' dreams come true! Congratulations/Mazel Tov, and blessings for a brilliant marriage! XOX
    Jane H. Married on 09/07/2019

Truly Grateful

I can’t begin to thanks Nancy and her team for making our daughter’s wedding the most wonderful event possible. I considered planning the event myself but quickly learned how much I didn’t know. In steps Nancy. Her attention to detail, her knowledge of the vendors in the area and her ability to adjust to any crisis (like an unexpected rain cloud for our outdoor ceremony) are unparalleled. She transformed our barn welcome reception into a charming Vermont soirée complete with Adirondack chairs, fire pits with s’mores, twinkle lights and a whiskey barrel bar. Then she coordinated a last minute switch from outdoor to indoor ceremony with barely a hiccup. And a ski base lodge was transformed into an elegant wonderland with dozens of small details. Most helpful was her knowledge of what needs to be arranged and when. We could not have pulled off such an exquisite event without her. She and her team truly outdid all of our expectations. What a special weekend we had. We are truly grateful!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Jane, Your thoughtful and kind words are truly appreciated....thank you! It gives me great satisfaction knowing that you and your family were pleased. Love you guys! And Congratulations again to Sarah & Adam, and your entire family! XOX
  • Chris
    Chris H. Married on 08/24/2019

Brilliant, Creative, and SO Organized

Nancy was an unbelievable wedding coordinator. She was a delight to work with on our end, she had so many good ideas and kept us on track with our own preparations, and she made our wedding day entirely stress-free. I think one of the ways that her impact was most obvious, was in the response from vendors-- they all LOVED working with her. I think that speaks volumes. I would recommend Nancy to ANYONE planning a wedding-- it is obvious that she excels at anything from a small backyard wedding to the most lavish of celebrations. I look forward to seeing pictures of her future projects :)

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Chris, You took my breath away with your kind words. I'm SO happy that you were pleased and that your wedding was everything you and Josh dreamed about. Keep in touch neighbors! Warmest Regards, Nancy
    Sara J. Married on 07/27/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful wedding in a Vermont hay field!

Nancy and her team did an excellent job with our son's wedding. Nancy is a true professional and knows her business through and through. She thought of everything, was completely open to the bride and groom's suggestions and requests, and executed everything flawlessly. She and her team are incredibly hard working and great fun to work with!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Sara, Your kind words are truly appreciated . . . thank you! You have such an amazing family, and it was our great pleasure working with all of you. Hope everyone is still beaming with delight from such a great wedding weekend. Hope to stay in touch!
    Big Hugs, Nancy
  • Sarah
    Sarah H. Married on 07/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

You need to hire Nancy!!!

Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer has impressed us more than we could possibly imagine. Who would’ve guessed that there is SOOO much to consider when planning a wedding? We would’ve been completely lost without her! She had all of the answers to our hundreds of questions, and was so responsive that she actually answered most of them before we even thought to ask.

Nancy just makes things happen. She made a to-do list and a timeline and held us to the deadlines that we needed to make. She knew exactly what vendors would match our budgetary goals, and all of her recommendations were spot on.

She is also clearly a born leader. When the big day finally came, she was somehow everywhere all at once, ensuring that everything ran smoothly. Even when a last minute rainstorm forced a change in venue, she kept us calm and was the ultimate “cat herder.” She got everyone indoors for a ceremony that was just as magical as the one that we had originally planned. All of our guests were truly wowed!

You won’t do better than Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer. She’s talented, highly experienced, and thinks of every possible consideration. Our big day was AMAZING, PERFECT, and FUN! Thank you Nancy!!!!!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dear Sarah & Adam, I am SO thrilled that your wedding day was everything you hoped for. I know how the endless list of "To Do's" was challenging but think of it this way, once you've mastered planning a destination wedding all the little hiccups in your everyday lives should be a piece of cake. Thanks for your patience and endurance because the end result was truly worth it. You and your families hosted a sensational wedding, one which everyone who attended will remember with fondness and admiration for many, many years. Love to you both! XOX
  • Harry
    Harry H. Married on 06/15/2019

Nothing but Great Things to Say

I have one daughter, so I'd never done this before and really didn't know what to expect. Nancy did a great job of laying out all the things to think about up front. She made us aware of the need to reserve certain vendors quickly (as they can be booked up more than a year in advance). When changes hdd to be made, she was great at finding a middle ground. When the wedding weekend came around, Nancy and her team were always at hand but never in the way. If there was an issue, she'd tell me about it and then tell me how she planned to solve it. The result was one of the best weddings I've ever been to - and I got to enjoy it as if I were a guest! Because of Nancy and her team, a life event is now a lifetime of happy memories.

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Harry, Your sweet words are received with such gratitude. I loved working with you and your fantastic family from beginning to end! Hearing time and time again from Kiley and Thacher that it was truly the wedding of their dreams is what we strive for, and when we successfully execute your vision on wedding day we are truly happy.
  • Paul
    Paul S. Married on 05/10/2019

Indispensable

Pulling off a destination wedding is no easy undertaking, it requires an immense amount of planning, attention to detail and a competent and result driven team standing beside you. We chose NJOY to ride along with us during this journey, and without them (and her excellent referrals) we could not have pulled it off. Nancy and her team were invaluable. They provided the experience, insight , wedding day organization and guidance that turned out to be indispensable. It is without hesitation that we recommend NJOY_thank you Nancy!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Paul, Your kind words are met with immense gratitude. I am so pleased that you and Claudia enjoyed such a great event. I especially enjoyed watching your gleeful, newly married daughter Jill absolutely giddy throughout the entire day! You have two beautiful, lovely daughters and such a great family unit. I wish you and the newlyweds the very best. Looking forward to seeing all of you in town over the years!
    Lily Married on 09/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Working with Nancy and her team to plan our September 8th wedding was a pleasure. Nancy reassured us from the beginning that everything would fall into place, and sure enough, the wedding weekend went flawlessly. We were married at my parents' home in a rural Northern Vermont town and because of this, coordinating all the vendor logistics was complicated and exhausting. Nancy handled all the moving pieces in an organized fashion, and always with a sense of humor and smile on her face. We highly recommend Nancy!!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Lily & Brian, It was indeed my honor and privilege to be your coordinator for your September wedding in the Kingdom. I am thrilled that you were pleased and that your vision and all your hard work was brought to life in such a perfect way. Sincere congratulations and best wishes to you both for a life filled with love and incredible adventures. XOX
    Matt Married on 08/04/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We planned an August wedding in Vermont at my family's church in Stowe. Because we live in Tennessee, we wanted a local wedding coordinator who was a true professional. We asked around and were referred to Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer. Nancy proved to better than we could ever have hoped for! Of course, this was big deal for us and we actively planned for several months. Nancy is a very good communicator -- excellent with emails and conference calls. We found her to be excellent at follow through and rather surprised us with the extraordinarily LEVEL OF DETAIL she goes into in preparing for a wedding. She also knows EVERYBODY! She hooked us up with multiple people, including a bag-piper, a great local band, florist, photographer and The Green Mountain Inn, where more than 85 guests enjoyed an amazing reception and dinner.

Here's an example of her level of preparedness: After the wedding, we planned to a bagpiper lead us in a short parade down the main street of Stowe, between the church and The Green Mountain Inn. Great idea, but Mother Nature had her own ideas. Almost as soon as the service began, we heard thunder. We walked out of the church, in our wedding finest, to find a steady rain. What could have been a disaster turned into one of the most memorial parts of our wedding. Nancy has come to the wedding with 30 MATCHING WHITE UMBRELLAS!!! Rain proved to be good luck and the photos of our party -- a train of white umbrellas -- were amazing! Highly recommend. She is the consummate, hardworking wedding professional. Love her!
    Claudine Married on 06/30/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Nancy had accompanied us through our wedding journey and she has exceeded our expectations. She understood our needs, was always there for us and found very proactive solutions if there was any issue. We are living in Montreal and since our wedding was in Vermont we needed somebody who could refer us to the good vendors and coordinate everything at a distance. Nancy did all of this and more. Thank you Nancy for helping us make this day so memorable.
    Karen Married on 08/12/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our daughter’s August 2017 wedding would not have been both the success without Nancy & her team at NJoy. We hired Nancy only 3 weeks before our daughter’s wedding after having a multitude of difficulties with the venue. Once Nancy was hired, she handled all communications with the venue & was able to successfully resolve all of the important issues. Nancy has 35 years experience as a wedding planner and it shows in her expertise, professionalism, communication style, & attention to every detail. She is a bright star in the industry. My husband & I only wish that we had hired her at the very beginning of the process. We cannot thank Nancy enough for making our daughter’s wedding as beautiful and as successful as it was. Nancy, we could not have done it without you! Thank you so much, you were great!

Victoria Married on 07/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I cannot say enough about Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer of NJOY Event Planning! I was married on July 29, 2017 at Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe VT and Nancy truly made this my dream wedding. She has an eye for detail and no detail was spared, down to the paper towels in the bathroom. Nancy was able to take my ideas and turn them into a reality, she knew when to make recommendations to enhance the occasion and when to let me take control. Over the year that Nancy and I worked together she became more than a planner, she became a member of my family. She is someone a bride can count on and can go to no matter what the circumstances, she truly personalizes the experience. I would recommend Nancy to any bride, I am looking forward to planning more momentous occasions with her in the future!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dearest Victoria, Working with you and your family was truly a joyful experience for me throughout our 18 months of working together. And the greatest joy of all is knowing that you and Brendan are so completely in love and so happy as Mr. and Mrs. Denihan. I look forward to celebrating all of your anniversaries to come!
    Nicholas Married on 07/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our daughter was recently married at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, VT. We could not have been happier with her wedding, and we owe the credit to Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer, owner of NJOY Event Planning. Nancy is a dedicated and incredibly talented event planner who was fully committed to our daughter's wedding. From start to finish she was enthusiastic, extremely helpful, and totally organized. We went with many of her ideas which enhanced the wedding, but she always allowed our daughter to follow her own vision.

Victoria’s wedding was a resounding success, with many guests claiming it was the best wedding they ever attended.

It was a pleasure working with Nancy and we can’t wait to work with her again on our younger daughter’s wedding.

We recommend her most highly!!

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Nick, Thank you so much for your kind words. It was my great joy and pleasure to work with you and your entire family in planning Victoria and Brendan's wedding. My greatest joy, however, is the satisfaction of knowing how happy these wonderful kids are in their marriage. That's what it's all about! Can't wait for your next two!!! Warmly, Nancy
    Laura Married on 01/21/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Nancy has an incredible amount of experience in event planning, and experience is priceless. She swooped in and rescued my (now) husband and I from the nervousness and stress that had built up from our initial wedding planner. I felt immediate relief during our first meeting as she brought up numerous topics we had simply never even thought of before. Our previous wedding planner would say, "Let me know what I can help you with." Nancy said, "Let me tell you what we need to get done today." Or, "Send me all of your contracts so I can look them over and make sure they look ok." Our first wedding planner requested a day, on payroll, to get to know the hotels in the area, whereas Nancy already knew all of the hotels in the area and simply said things like, "Don't include that hotel on your list, it's run down and overpriced."

Nancy is decisive and confident, which you want for wedding planning as there are seemingly infinite decisions to make. She is full of joy and fun to work with. I truly enjoyed all of the planning and didn't want it to end. If you have your event in Stowe, Nancy is a great choice because she's so well connected there. She has photographers, videographers, bakers that she has long standing relationships with so the communication between those parties seamless.

Her pre-production skills were fantastic, as was her creativity to help us make our budgets. That being said, she would also be real with us regarding the budget and wouldn't hesitate to say, "That's not going to happen. But why don't we consider this..." She is highly recommended.
    Rechelle Married on 10/09/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Nancy is AMAZING! We had a 3 day destination wedding in Stowe, Vermont. Each night was different and very magical. Nancy really listened to everything we envisioned and did an exceptional job at making it all happen!! We loved every minute of working with her and she really made it to where we had no worries and could just enjoy every moment. We honestly could not have done it without her!!! Not only do we feel she is the best wedding planner EVER, we love her as a life long friend!!!!!!! Thank you Nancy we love you!!
    Andy Married on 10/09/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Thanks for everything Nancy. The wedding was spectacular. It was obvious to me that you had your heart and our kids best interest at the forefront at all times. Having five daughters I have worked with many a coordinator and in my mind, you’re one of the best.

Ann Married on 10/01/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Nancy helped me plan a 60th birthday celebration weekend for my husband. Her organisational skills and vendor contacts were beyond compare. Add to the mix, I was located in the U.K. during most of planning stage and she brilliantly accommodated for this using skype and email to keep everything on track. Half of our guests travelled from Europe for the event and are accustomed to 5star experiences. Nancy's help and recommendations surpasssed everyone's expectations. Her help in finding the perfect band, caterer, florist, tent rental, transportation and weekend activites made this event a real standout for us. My guests are still complementing us on how much the enjoyed it! If she is this outstanding for a 60th birthday, I can only imagine how magnificent she is for weddings!
illustration stars