NJOY Event Planning Reviews

38 | Stowe, VT

38 Reviews for NJOY Event Planning

• Andrea

Andrea Messer · Married on 11/03/2019

Hiring a true professional to assist with wedding day of decor, florals & set up was crucial!

Working with Nancy was such a gift! We hired her as a day of coordinator for our rehearsal dinner and our wedding day. The moment she came she confidently took the lead & got to work. She assisted with all aspects of the wedding from bridal bouquets to centerpieces to ceremony decor and steaming my dress (plus everything in between!). Her ability to work well with others makes her very pleasant to be around for such important occasions. But she’s also incredibly talented in her ability to turn chaos into magic in a very short amount of time. From making my dress look polished & steamed, to ensuring our ceremony & reception spaces were impeccable & magical to even capturing photos of the ceremony from unique angles we can’t say enough about how important hiring her was for us. Especially for me as the bride she was my tower of strength on my big day. From the moment we saw her bright & early on the day of the wedding everyone kept saying how energetic she was! She’s a woman on a mission to ensure every wedding & event receive her greatest attention. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 11/07/2019

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dearest Andrea, Your kind words are so deeply appreciated. I was thrilled to be a part of your magnificent wedding weekend, and am so pleased that you and Daniel enjoyed the wedding of your dreams. It truly gives me the greatest pleasure to help make my couples' dreams come true! Congratulations/Mazel Tov, and blessings for a brilliant marriage! XOX

Jane Harissis · Married on 09/07/2019

Truly Grateful

I can’t begin to thanks Nancy and her team for making our daughter’s wedding the most wonderful event possible. I considered planning the event myself but quickly learned how much I didn’t know. In steps Nancy. Her attention to detail, her knowledge of the vendors in the area and her ability to adjust to any crisis (like an unexpected rain cloud for our outdoor ceremony) are unparalleled. She transformed our barn welcome reception into a charming Vermont soirée complete with Adirondack chairs, fire pits with s’mores, twinkle lights and a whiskey barrel bar. Then she coordinated a last minute switch from outdoor to indoor ceremony with barely a hiccup. And a ski base lodge was transformed into an elegant wonderland with dozens of small details. Most helpful was her knowledge of what needs to be arranged and when. We could not have pulled off such an exquisite event without her. She and her team truly outdid all of our expectations. What a special weekend we had. We are truly grateful!

Sent on 09/11/2019

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Jane, Your thoughtful and kind words are truly appreciated....thank you! It gives me great satisfaction knowing that you and your family were pleased. Love you guys! And Congratulations again to Sarah & Adam, and your entire family! XOX
  • Chris

Chris Heller · Married on 08/24/2019

Brilliant, Creative, and SO Organized

Nancy was an unbelievable wedding coordinator. She was a delight to work with on our end, she had so many good ideas and kept us on track with our own preparations, and she made our wedding day entirely stress-free. I think one of the ways that her impact was most obvious, was in the response from vendors-- they all LOVED working with her. I think that speaks volumes. I would recommend Nancy to ANYONE planning a wedding-- it is obvious that she excels at anything from a small backyard wedding to the most lavish of celebrations. I look forward to seeing pictures of her future projects :)

Sent on 08/28/2019

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Chris, You took my breath away with your kind words. I'm SO happy that you were pleased and that your wedding was everything you and Josh dreamed about. Keep in touch neighbors! Warmest Regards, Nancy

Sara Jennings · Married on 07/27/2019

Wonderful wedding in a Vermont hay field!

Nancy and her team did an excellent job with our son's wedding. Nancy is a true professional and knows her business through and through. She thought of everything, was completely open to the bride and groom's suggestions and requests, and executed everything flawlessly. She and her team are incredibly hard working and great fun to work with!

Sent on 09/03/2019

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Sara, Your kind words are truly appreciated . . . thank you! You have such an amazing family, and it was our great pleasure working with all of you. Hope everyone is still beaming with delight from such a great wedding weekend. Hope to stay in touch!
    Big Hugs, Nancy
  • Sarah

Sarah Harissis · Married on 07/09/2019

You need to hire Nancy!!!

Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer has impressed us more than we could possibly imagine. Who would’ve guessed that there is SOOO much to consider when planning a wedding? We would’ve been completely lost without her! She had all of the answers to our hundreds of questions, and was so responsive that she actually answered most of them before we even thought to ask.

Nancy just makes things happen. She made a to-do list and a timeline and held us to the deadlines that we needed to make. She knew exactly what vendors would match our budgetary goals, and all of her recommendations were spot on.

She is also clearly a born leader. When the big day finally came, she was somehow everywhere all at once, ensuring that everything ran smoothly. Even when a last minute rainstorm forced a change in venue, she kept us calm and was the ultimate “cat herder.” She got everyone indoors for a ceremony that was just as magical as the one that we had originally planned. All of our guests were truly wowed!

You won’t do better than Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer. She’s talented, highly experienced, and thinks of every possible consideration. Our big day was AMAZING, PERFECT, and FUN! Thank you Nancy!!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2019

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dear Sarah & Adam, I am SO thrilled that your wedding day was everything you hoped for. I know how the endless list of "To Do's" was challenging but think of it this way, once you've mastered planning a destination wedding all the little hiccups in your everyday lives should be a piece of cake. Thanks for your patience and endurance because the end result was truly worth it. You and your families hosted a sensational wedding, one which everyone who attended will remember with fondness and admiration for many, many years. Love to you both! XOX
  • Harry

Harry Hagerty · Married on 06/15/2019

Nothing but Great Things to Say

I have one daughter, so I'd never done this before and really didn't know what to expect. Nancy did a great job of laying out all the things to think about up front. She made us aware of the need to reserve certain vendors quickly (as they can be booked up more than a year in advance). When changes hdd to be made, she was great at finding a middle ground. When the wedding weekend came around, Nancy and her team were always at hand but never in the way. If there was an issue, she'd tell me about it and then tell me how she planned to solve it. The result was one of the best weddings I've ever been to - and I got to enjoy it as if I were a guest! Because of Nancy and her team, a life event is now a lifetime of happy memories.

Sent on 07/08/2019

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Harry, Your sweet words are received with such gratitude. I loved working with you and your fantastic family from beginning to end! Hearing time and time again from Kiley and Thacher that it was truly the wedding of their dreams is what we strive for, and when we successfully execute your vision on wedding day we are truly happy.
  • Paul

Paul Sauchelli · Married on 05/10/2019

Indispensable

Pulling off a destination wedding is no easy undertaking, it requires an immense amount of planning, attention to detail and a competent and result driven team standing beside you. We chose NJOY to ride along with us during this journey, and without them (and her excellent referrals) we could not have pulled it off. Nancy and her team were invaluable. They provided the experience, insight , wedding day organization and guidance that turned out to be indispensable. It is without hesitation that we recommend NJOY_thank you Nancy!

Sent on 10/09/2019

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Paul, Your kind words are met with immense gratitude. I am so pleased that you and Claudia enjoyed such a great event. I especially enjoyed watching your gleeful, newly married daughter Jill absolutely giddy throughout the entire day! You have two beautiful, lovely daughters and such a great family unit. I wish you and the newlyweds the very best. Looking forward to seeing all of you in town over the years!

Lily · Married on 09/08/2018

Working with Nancy and her team to plan our September 8th wedding was a pleasure. Nancy reassured us from the beginning that everything would fall into place, and sure enough, the wedding weekend went flawlessly. We were married at my parents' home in a rural Northern Vermont town and because of this, coordinating all the vendor logistics was complicated and exhausting. Nancy handled all the moving pieces in an organized fashion, and always with a sense of humor and smile on her face. We highly recommend Nancy!!

Sent on 09/28/2018

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Lily & Brian, It was indeed my honor and privilege to be your coordinator for your September wedding in the Kingdom. I am thrilled that you were pleased and that your vision and all your hard work was brought to life in such a perfect way. Sincere congratulations and best wishes to you both for a life filled with love and incredible adventures. XOX

Matt · Married on 08/04/2018

We planned an August wedding in Vermont at my family's church in Stowe. Because we live in Tennessee, we wanted a local wedding coordinator who was a true professional. We asked around and were referred to Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer. Nancy proved to better than we could ever have hoped for! Of course, this was big deal for us and we actively planned for several months. Nancy is a very good communicator -- excellent with emails and conference calls. We found her to be excellent at follow through and rather surprised us with the extraordinarily LEVEL OF DETAIL she goes into in preparing for a wedding. She also knows EVERYBODY! She hooked us up with multiple people, including a bag-piper, a great local band, florist, photographer and The Green Mountain Inn, where more than 85 guests enjoyed an amazing reception and dinner.

Here's an example of her level of preparedness: After the wedding, we planned to a bagpiper lead us in a short parade down the main street of Stowe, between the church and The Green Mountain Inn. Great idea, but Mother Nature had her own ideas. Almost as soon as the service began, we heard thunder. We walked out of the church, in our wedding finest, to find a steady rain. What could have been a disaster turned into one of the most memorial parts of our wedding. Nancy has come to the wedding with 30 MATCHING WHITE UMBRELLAS!!! Rain proved to be good luck and the photos of our party -- a train of white umbrellas -- were amazing! Highly recommend. She is the consummate, hardworking wedding professional. Love her!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Claudine · Married on 06/30/2018

Nancy had accompanied us through our wedding journey and she has exceeded our expectations. She understood our needs, was always there for us and found very proactive solutions if there was any issue. We are living in Montreal and since our wedding was in Vermont we needed somebody who could refer us to the good vendors and coordinate everything at a distance. Nancy did all of this and more. Thank you Nancy for helping us make this day so memorable.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Karen · Married on 08/12/2017

Our daughter’s August 2017 wedding would not have been both the success without Nancy & her team at NJoy. We hired Nancy only 3 weeks before our daughter’s wedding after having a multitude of difficulties with the venue. Once Nancy was hired, she handled all communications with the venue & was able to successfully resolve all of the important issues. Nancy has 35 years experience as a wedding planner and it shows in her expertise, professionalism, communication style, & attention to every detail. She is a bright star in the industry. My husband & I only wish that we had hired her at the very beginning of the process. We cannot thank Nancy enough for making our daughter’s wedding as beautiful and as successful as it was. Nancy, we could not have done it without you! Thank you so much, you were great!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Victoria · Married on 07/29/2017

I cannot say enough about Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer of NJOY Event Planning! I was married on July 29, 2017 at Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe VT and Nancy truly made this my dream wedding. She has an eye for detail and no detail was spared, down to the paper towels in the bathroom. Nancy was able to take my ideas and turn them into a reality, she knew when to make recommendations to enhance the occasion and when to let me take control. Over the year that Nancy and I worked together she became more than a planner, she became a member of my family. She is someone a bride can count on and can go to no matter what the circumstances, she truly personalizes the experience. I would recommend Nancy to any bride, I am looking forward to planning more momentous occasions with her in the future!

Sent on 12/30/2017

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Dearest Victoria, Working with you and your family was truly a joyful experience for me throughout our 18 months of working together. And the greatest joy of all is knowing that you and Brendan are so completely in love and so happy as Mr. and Mrs. Denihan. I look forward to celebrating all of your anniversaries to come!

Nicholas · Married on 07/29/2017

Our daughter was recently married at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, VT. We could not have been happier with her wedding, and we owe the credit to Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer, owner of NJOY Event Planning. Nancy is a dedicated and incredibly talented event planner who was fully committed to our daughter's wedding. From start to finish she was enthusiastic, extremely helpful, and totally organized. We went with many of her ideas which enhanced the wedding, but she always allowed our daughter to follow her own vision.

Victoria’s wedding was a resounding success, with many guests claiming it was the best wedding they ever attended.

It was a pleasure working with Nancy and we can’t wait to work with her again on our younger daughter’s wedding.

We recommend her most highly!!

Sent on 12/30/2017

NJOY Event Planning's reply:

Nick, Thank you so much for your kind words. It was my great joy and pleasure to work with you and your entire family in planning Victoria and Brendan's wedding. My greatest joy, however, is the satisfaction of knowing how happy these wonderful kids are in their marriage. That's what it's all about! Can't wait for your next two!!! Warmly, Nancy

Laura · Married on 01/21/2017

Nancy has an incredible amount of experience in event planning, and experience is priceless. She swooped in and rescued my (now) husband and I from the nervousness and stress that had built up from our initial wedding planner. I felt immediate relief during our first meeting as she brought up numerous topics we had simply never even thought of before. Our previous wedding planner would say, "Let me know what I can help you with." Nancy said, "Let me tell you what we need to get done today." Or, "Send me all of your contracts so I can look them over and make sure they look ok." Our first wedding planner requested a day, on payroll, to get to know the hotels in the area, whereas Nancy already knew all of the hotels in the area and simply said things like, "Don't include that hotel on your list, it's run down and overpriced."

Nancy is decisive and confident, which you want for wedding planning as there are seemingly infinite decisions to make. She is full of joy and fun to work with. I truly enjoyed all of the planning and didn't want it to end. If you have your event in Stowe, Nancy is a great choice because she's so well connected there. She has photographers, videographers, bakers that she has long standing relationships with so the communication between those parties seamless.

Her pre-production skills were fantastic, as was her creativity to help us make our budgets. That being said, she would also be real with us regarding the budget and wouldn't hesitate to say, "That's not going to happen. But why don't we consider this..." She is highly recommended.

Sent on 03/02/2017

Rechelle · Married on 10/09/2016

Nancy is AMAZING! We had a 3 day destination wedding in Stowe, Vermont. Each night was different and very magical. Nancy really listened to everything we envisioned and did an exceptional job at making it all happen!! We loved every minute of working with her and she really made it to where we had no worries and could just enjoy every moment. We honestly could not have done it without her!!! Not only do we feel she is the best wedding planner EVER, we love her as a life long friend!!!!!!! Thank you Nancy we love you!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Andy · Married on 10/09/2016

Thanks for everything Nancy. The wedding was spectacular. It was obvious to me that you had your heart and our kids best interest at the forefront at all times. Having five daughters I have worked with many a coordinator and in my mind, you’re one of the best.

Sent on 12/23/2016

Ann · Married on 10/01/2016

Nancy helped me plan a 60th birthday celebration weekend for my husband. Her organisational skills and vendor contacts were beyond compare. Add to the mix, I was located in the U.K. during most of planning stage and she brilliantly accommodated for this using skype and email to keep everything on track. Half of our guests travelled from Europe for the event and are accustomed to 5star experiences. Nancy's help and recommendations surpasssed everyone's expectations. Her help in finding the perfect band, caterer, florist, tent rental, transportation and weekend activites made this event a real standout for us. My guests are still complementing us on how much the enjoyed it! If she is this outstanding for a 60th birthday, I can only imagine how magnificent she is for weddings!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Nina · Married on 06/18/2016

We had a destination wedding in Stowe, VT and could not have done it without Nancy. She is incredibly responsive, organized and all over the details. She had many creative ideas to add that personal touch to our weekend and she really thought of everything to prepare us. She kept us on schedule throughout the planning process and through to our farewell brunch. Nancy was the first up and last to leave making sure everything went smoothly throughout our wedding weekend. She also helped pair us with great vendors and negotiate contracts. Last but not least, Nancy is a wonderful person and she is committed to making your vision a reality.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Laura · Married on 10/03/2015

Thanks to Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer of NJOY Event Planning, our picturesque Fall wedding in Stowe, VT was magnificent! She executed our vision to perfection despite the weather challenges and having to reprogram the wedding the week before. We were impressed by her amazing vendor recommendations, everything was exceptional from the food to the flowers! You're in good hands working with Vermont's best event planner!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Ellie · Married on 07/18/2015

Nancy is a true professional and very easy to work with. Her services were the best money we spent on our wedding!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Allison · Married on 07/18/2015

Nancy was a joy to work with through the whole wedding process. She invited us into her home with welcome arms to discuss welcome planning and we drove away knowing that it was the best investment we were going to spend on the day of our wedding. That was very true through the planning process and on our wedding day. She knew and had a great relationship with most of the vendors we were working with and had everything organized and under control. Nancy also had things on hand that we didn't think of or did not have time to get; umbrella's, cake serving knife, couple champagne glasses, chalk board stand, etc. Nancy was able to take control of a room filled with people, direct them and still manage to have fun all at the same time. She responded to emails in a timely manner and also eased any nerves that we might have had. She gave great advice and helped us manage our wedding day timeline to make sure we had time for everything we wanted.

The day after the wedding I asked my mother, what went wrong? As you know, nobody really tells the bride what went wrong on the wedding day and truth be told me mom said absolutely nothing. I can't say it enough how amazing it was to work with Nancy. Any bride would be extremely lucky to have her on their special day.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Working with Nancy at NJOY was seamless and easy. She has good insights and knows many vendors, which streamlined the decision-making process. She was mindful of how we wanted to budget for certain items and made sure no one lost sight of that. Starting the day before the wedding I put everything completely in her hands, let the stress go, relaxed and had a wonderful weekend.

Coincidentally, I had simultaneously reached out to Nancy and a friend to see who she used for planning. Turns out, my friend also used Nancy and gave her a strong recommendation. Working with Nancy was time and money well spent!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Stephen · Married on 01/31/2015

As an officiant at this wedding, I can tell you that Nancy was the consummate professional event planner. Everything ran on-schedule because everything was planned to perfection. She handled the seemingly-endless number of details that all need attention simultaneously with a poise, efficiency and a relaxed smile.
    I look forward to the opportunity of working with Nancy again!

Sent on 02/02/2015

Michael · Married on 01/31/2015

Nancy is incredible! Let me start with saying that I am a meeting and event planner for a living, based in Washington, DC, so we hired Nancy to be our local “legs on the ground” for our Stowe, VT destination wedding, as well as our day of coordinator. So, from one professional about another… Not only does Nancy have a wonderful, fun personality, but she listened to every detail and executed our wedding flawlessly. She was a true problem solver & creative thinker when issues arrived and has a magnificent attention to detail. When we had issues getting answers from our venue, she handled it. When we were having trouble finding a florist we could trust, she recommended a perfect one that was also a pleasure to work with. She helped create some of the décor and had a great selection of rental items which came in handy! Many of our wedding guests commented on how relaxed we were on our wedding day and I can honestly say that we were so relaxed because we had complete faith in Nancy and knew that she had it all under control. I would hire Nancy a thousand times over and she comes with my highest recommendation.

Sent on 04/03/2015