27 Reviews for NJOY Event Planning

Destination (1)
Double Weddings (1)
Eco-Friendly (1)
27 NJOY Event Planning Reviews

We planned an August wedding in Vermont at my family's church in Stowe. Because we live in Tennessee, we wanted a local wedding coordinator who was a true professional. We asked around and were referred to Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer. Nancy proved to better than we could ever have hoped for! Of course, this was big deal for us and we actively planned for several months. Nancy is a very good communicator -- excellent with emails and conference calls. We found her to be excellent at follow through and rather surprised us with the extraordinarily LEVEL OF DETAIL she goes into in preparing for a wedding. She also knows EVERYBODY! She hooked us up with multiple people, including a bag-piper, a great local band, florist, photographer and The Green Mountain Inn, where more than 85 guests enjoyed an amazing reception and dinner.

Here's an example of her level of preparedness: After the wedding, we planned to a bagpiper lead us in a short parade down the main street of Stowe, between the church and The Green Mountain Inn. Great idea, but Mother Nature had her own ideas. Almost as soon as the service began, we heard thunder. We walked out of the church, in our wedding finest, to find a steady rain. What could have been a disaster turned into one of the most memorial parts of our wedding. Nancy has come to the wedding with 30 MATCHING WHITE UMBRELLAS!!! Rain proved to be good luck and the photos of our party -- a train of white umbrellas -- were amazing! Highly recommend. She is the consummate, hardworking wedding professional. Love her!

Profile Picture Matt, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our daughter’s August 2017 wedding would not have been both the success without Nancy & her team at NJoy. We hired Nancy only 3 weeks before our daughter’s wedding after having a multitude of difficulties with the venue. Once Nancy was hired, she handled all communications with the venue & was able to successfully resolve all of the important issues. Nancy has 35 years experience as a wedding planner and it shows in her expertise, professionalism, communication style, & attention to every detail. She is a bright star in the industry. My husband & I only wish that we had hired her at the very beginning of the process. We cannot thank Nancy enough for making our daughter’s wedding as beautiful and as successful as it was. Nancy, we could not have done it without you! Thank you so much, you were great!

Profile Picture Karen, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists

I cannot say enough about Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer of NJOY Event Planning! I was married on July 29, 2017 at Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe VT and Nancy truly made this my dream wedding. She has an eye for detail and no detail was spared, down to the paper towels in the bathroom. Nancy was able to take my ideas and turn them into a reality, she knew when to make recommendations to enhance the occasion and when to let me take control. Over the year that Nancy and I worked together she became more than a planner, she became a member of my family. She is someone a bride can count on and can go to no matter what the circumstances, she truly personalizes the experience. I would recommend Nancy to any bride, I am looking forward to planning more momentous occasions with her in the future!

Photos
View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Victoria, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Our daughter was recently married at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, VT. We could not have been happier with her wedding, and we owe the credit to Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer, owner of NJOY Event Planning. Nancy is a dedicated and incredibly talented event planner who was fully committed to our daughter's wedding. From start to finish she was enthusiastic, extremely helpful, and totally organized. We went with many of her ideas which enhanced the wedding, but she always allowed our daughter to follow her own vision.

Victoria’s wedding was a resounding success, with many guests claiming it was the best wedding they ever attended.

It was a pleasure working with Nancy and we can’t wait to work with her again on our younger daughter’s wedding.

We recommend her most highly!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Nicholas, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nancy has an incredible amount of experience in event planning, and experience is priceless. She swooped in and rescued my (now) husband and I from the nervousness and stress that had built up from our initial wedding planner. I felt immediate relief during our first meeting as she brought up numerous topics we had simply never even thought of before. Our previous wedding planner would say, "Let me know what I can help you with." Nancy said, "Let me tell you what we need to get done today." Or, "Send me all of your contracts so I can look them over and make sure they look ok." Our first wedding planner requested a day, on payroll, to get to know the hotels in the area, whereas Nancy already knew all of the hotels in the area and simply said things like, "Don't include that hotel on your list, it's run down and overpriced."

Nancy is decisive and confident, which you want for wedding planning as there are seemingly infinite decisions to make. She is full of joy and fun to work with. I truly enjoyed all of the planning and didn't want it to end. If you have your event in Stowe, Nancy is a great choice because she's so well connected there. She has photographers, videographers, bakers that she has long standing relationships with so the communication between those parties seamless.

Her pre-production skills were fantastic, as was her creativity to help us make our budgets. That being said, she would also be real with us regarding the budget and wouldn't hesitate to say, "That's not going to happen. But why don't we consider this..." She is highly recommended.

Profile Picture User7852740, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Thanks for everything Nancy. The wedding was spectacular. It was obvious to me that you had your heart and our kids best interest at the forefront at all times. Having five daughters I have worked with many a coordinator and in my mind, you’re one of the best.

Profile Picture Andy, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Nancy is AMAZING! We had a 3 day destination wedding in Stowe, Vermont. Each night was different and very magical. Nancy really listened to everything we envisioned and did an exceptional job at making it all happen!! We loved every minute of working with her and she really made it to where we had no worries and could just enjoy every moment. We honestly could not have done it without her!!! Not only do we feel she is the best wedding planner EVER, we love her as a life long friend!!!!!!! Thank you Nancy we love you!!

Profile Picture Rechelle, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nancy helped me plan a 60th birthday celebration weekend for my husband. Her organisational skills and vendor contacts were beyond compare. Add to the mix, I was located in the U.K. during most of planning stage and she brilliantly accommodated for this using skype and email to keep everything on track. Half of our guests travelled from Europe for the event and are accustomed to 5star experiences. Nancy's help and recommendations surpasssed everyone's expectations. Her help in finding the perfect band, caterer, florist, tent rental, transportation and weekend activites made this event a real standout for us. My guests are still complementing us on how much the enjoyed it! If she is this outstanding for a 60th birthday, I can only imagine how magnificent she is for weddings!

Profile Picture Ann, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Transportation

We had a destination wedding in Stowe, VT and could not have done it without Nancy. She is incredibly responsive, organized and all over the details. She had many creative ideas to add that personal touch to our weekend and she really thought of everything to prepare us. She kept us on schedule throughout the planning process and through to our farewell brunch. Nancy was the first up and last to leave making sure everything went smoothly throughout our wedding weekend. She also helped pair us with great vendors and negotiate contracts. Last but not least, Nancy is a wonderful person and she is committed to making your vision a reality.

Profile Picture Nina, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Thanks to Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer of NJOY Event Planning, our picturesque Fall wedding in Stowe, VT was magnificent! She executed our vision to perfection despite the weather challenges and having to reprogram the wedding the week before. We were impressed by her amazing vendor recommendations, everything was exceptional from the food to the flowers! You're in good hands working with Vermont's best event planner!

Profile Picture Laura, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Nancy is a true professional and very easy to work with. Her services were the best money we spent on our wedding!

Profile Picture Ellie, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Religious

Nancy was a joy to work with through the whole wedding process. She invited us into her home with welcome arms to discuss welcome planning and we drove away knowing that it was the best investment we were going to spend on the day of our wedding. That was very true through the planning process and on our wedding day. She knew and had a great relationship with most of the vendors we were working with and had everything organized and under control. Nancy also had things on hand that we didn't think of or did not have time to get; umbrella's, cake serving knife, couple champagne glasses, chalk board stand, etc. Nancy was able to take control of a room filled with people, direct them and still manage to have fun all at the same time. She responded to emails in a timely manner and also eased any nerves that we might have had. She gave great advice and helped us manage our wedding day timeline to make sure we had time for everything we wanted.

The day after the wedding I asked my mother, what went wrong? As you know, nobody really tells the bride what went wrong on the wedding day and truth be told me mom said absolutely nothing. I can't say it enough how amazing it was to work with Nancy. Any bride would be extremely lucky to have her on their special day.

Profile Picture Allison, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Ceremony, Reception

Working with Nancy at NJOY was seamless and easy. She has good insights and knows many vendors, which streamlined the decision-making process. She was mindful of how we wanted to budget for certain items and made sure no one lost sight of that. Starting the day before the wedding I put everything completely in her hands, let the stress go, relaxed and had a wonderful weekend.

Coincidentally, I had simultaneously reached out to Nancy and a friend to see who she used for planning. Turns out, my friend also used Nancy and gave her a strong recommendation. Working with Nancy was time and money well spent!

Profile Picture User5566447, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

As an officiant at this wedding, I can tell you that Nancy was the consummate professional event planner. Everything ran on-schedule because everything was planned to perfection. She handled the seemingly-endless number of details that all need attention simultaneously with a poise, efficiency and a relaxed smile.
I look forward to the opportunity of working with Nancy again!

Profile Picture Stephen, 1/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nancy is incredible! Let me start with saying that I am a meeting and event planner for a living, based in Washington, DC, so we hired Nancy to be our local “legs on the ground” for our Stowe, VT destination wedding, as well as our day of coordinator. So, from one professional about another… Not only does Nancy have a wonderful, fun personality, but she listened to every detail and executed our wedding flawlessly. She was a true problem solver & creative thinker when issues arrived and has a magnificent attention to detail. When we had issues getting answers from our venue, she handled it. When we were having trouble finding a florist we could trust, she recommended a perfect one that was also a pleasure to work with. She helped create some of the décor and had a great selection of rental items which came in handy! Many of our wedding guests commented on how relaxed we were on our wedding day and I can honestly say that we were so relaxed because we had complete faith in Nancy and knew that she had it all under control. I would hire Nancy a thousand times over and she comes with my highest recommendation.

Profile Picture Michael , 1/31/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Nancy and her staff were superb professionals who took care of every detail to make this wedding a lovely, festive and enjoyable event. I would not hesitate to highly recommend Njoy to anyone contemplating a wedding. From start to finish, the event went off without a hitch. Nancy was able to source vendors who provided just the right touches to make this wedding a most special Vermont experience. I look forward to working with her again very soon.

Profile Picture Catherine, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nancy and her team were a great help, from my perspective as caterer for a wedding at the Lakeview Inn in Greensboro. They were at all times professional, cheerful, and organized. It was a pleasure to have them orchestrating the event so effortlessly.

Profile Picture Charles, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Nancy was one of the best decisions we made regarding our daughter's wedding. The bride and groom had to travel for a work commitment, with the couple 2300 miles away we realized we needed help. From the first very long phone call we knew Nancy would be able to handle whatever came along. Every vendor referral Nancy gave was great. Our daughter is a perfectionist and had a strong vision of how the wedding should be. Nancy is extremely organized and made our daughter's "vision" come together. Nancy has wonderful calligraphy and addressed all the invitations as well as the place cards.

In the final days Nancy helped us with a few last minute vendor questions and with our shuttle bus routes. She set up signs in a very rural area of VT to help our guests (and the shuttle bus drivers).
When the officiant's plane was delayed Nancy helped us at the rehearsal, basically setting up the ceremony until he arrived.

The day of the wedding Nancy and her staff worked all day and well past midnight handling the set up, the details required by the bride and coordinated all the vendors. She did errands, picking up ice for our raw bar, running to pick up lunch for the bridal party and some fresh baked desserts for the reception. Nancy was able to provide everything we needed and anticipated there could be some items we hadn't thought about. She was correct, she brought and set up several lanterns along the walkways because she realized there wasn't enough light. Everything was beautiful, the bride and groom appreciated Nancy's effort.

The day (and night) of the wedding Nancy did her work in a quiet and efficient manner, she stayed out of the way but the second we needed her she was right there. She is very professional and seems to seem to have a keen intuition.

Absolutely nothing went wrong, everything went as planned. Working with Nancy allowed us to enjoy the wedding without worry. We were able to relax, it was a wonderful family celebration.

Profile Picture User4441754, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Excellent and caring. Precisely the kind of person every MOB needs to carry off a superb event!

Profile Picture User4338823, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nancy was great. She was responsive, calm, kind. and organized everything perfectly. I have no idea what we would have done without her. Definitely highly recommended.

Profile Picture Natalie, 8/2/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Words cannot really express what an amazing wedding planner Nancy is! I had the wedding of my dreams and know that it was in large part due to Nancy’s organizational skills, wonderful aesthetic sense, and boundless energy! From the beginning, Nancy made the wedding planning process more manageable. She helped me determine what my priorities were, how to stay within my budget, and how to stay as organized as possible.

My wedding was held on a friend’s property near Toronto, Ontario in the Caledon Hills. We had an outdoor ceremony and rented a marquis for our reception. Nancy was incredible during the days leading up to my wedding in which everything needed to be built from the ground up. She knew exactly what needed to be done and the timeframes for all the working parts. There is no way we would have been able to get everything done just the way we wanted it without Nancy as our captain. Nancy was prepared for any situation. For instance, she came equipped with beautiful, large white umbrellas which saved our guests from the scorching heat during our outdoor ceremony.

Nancy understood my vision for the wedding and helped me execute it with aplomb. From helping to design a gorgeous dessert table to artfully hanging paper lanterns, each detail was made more beautiful because of Nancy’s excellent crafting skills and good taste.

Nancy’s tireless efforts and professionalism exceeded all of my expectations. I could not have had my dream wedding without her. Thank you!!!!!!

Profile Picture Emma, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Nancy from NJoy Events was an amazing resource and wedding planner. It was my daughter's wedding and she walked us through every possible scenario to make sure we had the best wedding possible. She spent many hours getting to know us and discussing all our dreams, wishes and ideas. The catering company and servers found her very helpful and resourceful. Our day was everything we could of imagined and we thank Nancy for her skilful guidance and expertise. As mother of the bride I was so happy to have her through all the planning, setup and the day itself. She knew how we should pace ourselves the day before and for the wedding, She was able to keep our excitement high and our anxiety low which is due to her enthusiasm, experience at countless weddings, wonderful sense of order and her serenity. We had an out door wedding and she thought of everything...our white [ in case it rained] umbrellas became welcome sun parasols. I didn't think it was possible but I was able to relax and just enjoy our magical day under Nancy's care. Thank you so much Nancy.

Profile Picture Caroline, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I have nothing but incredibly positive things to say about our experience with Nancy! When we first met Nancy Jeffries-Dwyer, we gave her our daughter's "unique" vision of what she wanted her wedding to be, and she made that vision become reality, in the most spectacular way possible. She was able to structure the various components of the wedding events which spanned over three days, was tirelessly attentive to detail, could seamlessly integrate her work with that of the other vendors, and seemed to be able to anticipate every possible situation - this all combined to make our daughter's wedding an absolutely magnificent and memorable experience. Our daughter and son-in-law live overseas, and the wedding was to be here in Vermont - so that necessitated much coordination, especially since our daughter was only home for one visit during the year-long planning process - Nancy was also able to work within the constraints of a bride & groom living 10,000 miles away! Nancy is most definitely a "joy" to work with.

Profile Picture Sheila, 8/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot possibly recommend Nancy and her team highly enough! My husband and I thought that we wanted a simple wedding and weren't even sure that we needed help with the planning. Boy, were we wrong! Looking back, I honestly don't know how we possibly could have pulled it off without her. First, we had no idea how many details actually went into even seemingly simple weddings, but also having her immense experience and unbiased opinions turned out to be completely invaluable to both the two of us and our families throughout the whole process. Not to mention the sheer number of details and decisions that just never would have occurred to us.

Nancy is truly the most organized person I've ever met (and this is coming from someone who is admittedly OCD!). Because of that she is literally prepared for absolutely any scenario, be it inclement weather, wildlife, vendor issues or just family drama, to name a few.

She clearly comes to the table with no personal agenda other than making sure that you and your guests are happy and having a blast throughout the whole event. That was so clear to both my husband and I, as well as many of our guests who commented on it afterwards. She goes so above and beyond in every way to ensure that your wedding is everything you dreamed of, and so much more. Hiring Nancy and N'Joy was truly the best decision we made. Can't recommend enough! :-)

Profile Picture Meredith, 9/29/12, 2 Reviews