Arnie Abrams Entertainment Reviews

75 | Freehold, NJ

75 Reviews for Arnie Abrams Entertainment

danielle · Married on 05/25/2013

Arnie played for my wife and my ceremony and cocktail hour!! He was amazing and it gave that simple but elegant touch we were looking for!! I highly recommend him looking for a different spin than just a dj!!!
    danielle and Mindi

Sent on 07/02/2013

Hi Danielle and Mindi,

I could not have asked for a more wonderful couple as you to perform for! I really appreciate your kind words and wish you both the very best of health and happiness in your new life together.

Arnie

Arnie did a fabulous job entertaining our family and friends at our small wedding reception (around 70 persons). His piano music was great background during dinner and his playing on the piano and keyboard (as well as his selections from his iPod) got people on the dance floor after. I didn't really think we had a dancing crowd, but, watching our wedding video, I see many of our guests on the dance floor in the front of the venue and still more dancing away in the back of the room behind our tables. Arnie was really great about learning a special song for a friend of ours to sing; he also was very accomodating when a couple of our other guests wanted to belt out some tunes. His own singing of our first dance song was very special, too. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Hi Toni & Brian,

Thank you so much for the kinds words. It was a real pleasure performing for you and your guests...it's really amazing how, when one couple gets up to dance, it's almost contagious! You 2 are great...best of health and happiness in your new life together.

Nicolle and Mike · Married on 02/08/2013

We hired Arnie to play for our ceremony which was at the Crystal Ballroom at the Radisson Hotel in Freehold. He arrived on time, actually a bit early, and collaborated with our Minister the timing of events, processions, etc. Although Arnie had asked us for our music choices we decided to allow him to pick the selections for the ceremony as he is the professional. We were glad we did. He did a phenomenal job and is a brilliant musician. He added that extra special personalized touch to our ceremony and we received so many compliments on how wonderful the ceremonial music was. Thank you Arnie for helping make our day perfect!

Sent on 02/25/2013

Hi Nicolle and Mike,

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was a real pleasure working with you and Mike. All the best of love and happiness in your new life together!

Dean · Married on 09/15/2012

Arnie – Thank you for providing that virtuoso performance at our wedding reception. You made the evening flow so exceptionally well with the selections of music you provided. You certainly exceeded my Bride’s and my expectations! You are a top of the line, number one, professional performer. God Bless you!
    Sincerely,
    Dean R. – Molly Pitcher Inn - Wedding 9/15/12

Sent on 09/27/2012

Melanie · Married on 04/29/2012

We just got married, yesterday! Arnie was the best. From the initial contact via e-mail to actually meeting him and hearing his music live for the first time at our wedding. He is responsive to both e-mails and phone calls.

Arnie plays wonderfully, is extremely personable, and as a "side note" ... LOL his fee is extremely reasonable and is not a clock watcher. He is wonderful at "reading the crowd" and can easily switch from keyboard to piano.

Anyone who hires Arnie Abrams will not be disappointed if you are looking for a warm and intimate setting. He ABSOLUTELY helped make the day one to remember!

Sent on 04/30/2012

Hi Melanie and Eric,

It was really a pleasure to perform for you and your guests yesterday, and to play even a small part on your special day. I will remember it for a long time...your wedding was one of the most elegant and sociable events that I have done in a long time.

Best of luck to you both in your new life together!

Cheryl · Married on 04/27/2012

Arnie was EXCELLENT!!! Very accomodating and professional, always available for questions/suggestions during the planning process - a real gentleman. Arnie provided beautiful music for our ceremony and cocktail hour and we heard so many rave reviews from our guests! Thank you again, Arnie, for sharing your talent and helping to make our wedding day perfect! Cheryl & Brad , 4/27/12

Sent on 05/09/2012

Cheryl and Brad,

It was really a pleasure to perform for such a wonderful couple as you two. Your family and friends were really great, and I absolutely enjoyed playing all of the Beatles and Gershwin requests that I received.

All the best,

Lindsay · Married on 04/01/2012

Arnie played our wedding's cocktail hour, and he really helped set the mood for the afternoon. His choice of songs was excellent. I wish there had been more time for me to stop & listen!

Sent on 04/25/2012

Lindsay,

Thanks very much for the wonderful review. It was really my pleasure to perform all your favorite music on your big day. Best of luck in your new life together!

All the best,

Lucille · Married on 03/31/2012

What a great way to start my wedding. From the time I walked in with
    Arnie playing What a difference you made in my life and through out
    the entire time the music was beautiful. Everyone commented on how
    great the piano player was. I would highly recommend Arnie for
    your event.

Thanks
    Lucille & John

Sent on 04/05/2012

Vanessa · Married on 02/18/2012

Arnie was wonderful, from start to finish! We were looking for someone to play at our ceremony and keep our guests entertained for our second wedding/brunch, and who understood the mood and feeling we hoped to create...an intimate, easy, informal, fun, and yet still classy celebration...someone who would keep the celebration moving, and ensure that despite not having a typical "reception" with DJ/band, dancing, etc, guests would be sure to enjoy themselves. Arnie delivered on this beutifully, and "got it" from our very first phone conversation. He was easy going, reassuring, and flexible, and has so much experience on which to draw that he knew right away what to do and how to create what we were looking for, even when we weren't entirely sure ourselves. Guests repeatedly told us what a great time they had, how much they enjoyed the music, and how much they enjoyed Arnie himself. He is friendly, warm, engaging, and refreshingly spontaneous, and he is willig to be as much (or as little) of a presence as you'd like him to be. Personally, we wanted Arnie and his music to be showcased, not "background", and it was extremely enjoyable for all. But Arnie is unpretentious, and perfectly content to be "background" too if that fits your style/vision better. No matter what your preference, Arnie is willing and able to deliver. He is accommodating, easy-going, professional, helpful and extremely responsive. He is heart-warmingly reassuring whenever the inevital "snags" that come up in planning almost any wedding arise, and almost always has ideas and suggestions for how to make things work so that you don't have to stress much at all. If you are fortunate enough to have Arnie play for you and your guests on your special day, you won't be disappointed. You honestly couldn't find a better guy. He is talented, can play a hugely versatile range of music, and in all likelihood, he will feel more like family by the time your event is over than a "vendor," and you will be happy to have shared your special day with him. It's not always easy to find vendors who are both extremely good at what they do, and yet are so genuinely pleasant to be with. You should scoop him up, if you have the opportunity!

Sent on 02/21/2012

Arnie Abrams Entertainment's reply:

Vanessa, thank you so much for this glowing review...it means so much to me to hear that you and your guests were happy with my music and style. It was so wonderful to play a small part on your and Joe's special day and I will not soon forget how wonderful you and your family and friends are.

All the best in your new life together,

Amanda · Married on 12/03/2011

Mr. Abrams provided beautiful piano playing for all of my guests during our cocktail hour for our wedding. He has an amazing wealth of memorized songs from so many genres that delighted all of my guests. He took requests and played beautiful for the whole time. I am so pleased that I found his website, and I would call him again for an event in a second!

Sent on 12/06/2011

Denise · Married on 11/12/2011

Arnie's music and professionalism were outstanding. He was such a pleasure to deal with in every way. He answered and returned phone calls right away. He was solicitous and responsive in determining what music we wanted to play at our wedding and his music was FANTASTIC. We, and all our guests, loved his piano playing, his singing and the seamless transitions to occasional recorded music. He was the best and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/20/2011

Renee · Married on 11/12/2011

Arnie was so easy to work with and so responsive. My guests loved his music and I was so glad that I hired him!

Sent on 11/27/2011

Ashley · Married on 10/22/2011

Arnie Abrams was a wonderful addition to our cocktail hour and sounded absolutely beautiful on the piano. He was wonderful to work with and highly recommended!

Sent on 10/23/2011

Douglas · Married on 10/01/2011

Arnie was absolutely amazing! My wife and I hired him to perform at our cocktail hour and couldn't have been happier. As soon as we arrived at the country club we could hear piano playing and light conversation in the background, it was such a joy and we were both so impressed. Arnie is very responsive, showed up prior to his scheduled time and was always professional. He took requests and interacted with our guests, and by doing so brought our cocktail hour to the next level. When I first found Arnie's website, I kept saying I want to hire him, and I almost waited until the last minute. I am so fortunate he was available because it was a part of our wedding we will never forget. We definitely recommend Arnie's services.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/25/2011

Arnie was fantastic! He was very professional in the planning process, getting back to my questions and requests very quickly and enthusiastically. He did a wonderful job and the music was beautiful. He knew just what to do and when to play and what style we were looking for. We received so many compliments afterwards. He really gave so much to our wedding and made it even more memorable. I highly, highly recommend Arnie!! Thank you again!

Sent on 09/26/2011

Jaclyn · Married on 09/10/2011

Arnie played at the 1.5 hour cocktail hour at our wedding. He was great! Very professional & played the music we asked for. I would highly recommend Arnie!

Sent on 04/02/2012

K · Married on 06/17/2011

I used Arnie to play at my church wedding ceremony and at my cocktail hour at the reception. He was wonderful!!!! From the first moment I contacted him he was very responsive. He sends out a list of exactly what he needs from the bride along with song suggestions and it's very helpful. He was very prompt for our wedding and the music sounded wonderful. He gave our cocktail hour the feel of being in a piano bar which is exactly what we were looking for. I want to have a party just so I can use Arnie again! I highly recommend him...he is worth every penny!

Sent on 07/07/2011

Vincent · Married on 06/04/2011

Arnie I am just writing to thank you so much for appearing at my daughters wedding at the Grand Colonial on June 4 2011. We needed that special performer to play piano for the cocktail hour, and I couldn't have made a better choice. Your playing and vocals were 1st class. I had asked for a particular song list to be played and you were more then accommodating.Having so many vendors to deal with for a wedding can be somewhat stressful, but you made the process from beginning to end a pleasure. Both my daughters are now married but if an occasion ever arises when I need a great musician and singer I know who to call.

Vincent Downey

Sent on 06/29/2011

Becky · Married on 12/17/2010

Arnie was amazing! He arrived early, set up and played fantastic music! At cocktail hour, our guests were singing along to his music! He was wonderful during planning with music suggestions! He helped to make our night magical!

Sent on 01/12/2011

Hi Becky,

What a nice gift receiving your wonderful review today on my birthday! It was really a pleasure performing for your ceremony and cocktail hour. After reading your guests and playing just a few songs, I knew right away that there would be singing of Billy Joel and Elton John favorites...it was just a matter of time.

Best always,

Candace · Married on 07/09/2010

Arnie Abrams helped to make our wedding even more memorable. We were a little particular as to what we wanted for our music. He listened to our comments and found the type of music that made us happy. Our guests enjoyed his music and songs as well. He was ready for us when we arrived at the reception with his great musical equipment, looked handsome, played and sang beautifully, provided a personal touch with our guests, was reasonably priced, and conducted the entire evening with class and professionalism. We were extremely pleased with his services.

Sent on 07/30/2010

Arnie Abrams Entertainment's reply:

Thank you very much for the kinds words, Candy. Your family and friends were absolutely wonderful to perform for. I wish you and Charles a wonderful life together, full of love, happiness and the greatest of health.

All my best,
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 12/09/2007

Arnie was the Man of the day to me! He truly saved me! I was completely disappointed in myself when I realized i Had forgotten music for my ceremony and my cocktail hour. Well, I called Arnie about a week and a 1/2 to two weeks prior to my wedding and he worked with me so and he made it happen!!! I sent him my money and he was there on time and ready to roll. He was so nice and did an amazing job! I really wish I had the opportunity to get to know him better. But, I booked way to close to my wedding. However, I will be using him again.

Sent on 08/10/2008

Hi Andrea,

It was truly my pleasure playing a small part on your wedding day to make it complete. I'm so happy I could help!

All the best, Arnie

Sara · Married on 10/22/2016

Arnie is incredibly helpful, he was always very willing to work with me and quick to respond. My pianist Larry was incredible and also very willing to work with my hectic wedding day schedule. Definitely recommend they are both amazing!!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Arnie Abrams Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Sara...we were honored to be a part of the big day.

Arnie

Arnie provided the ceremony music for our outdoor wedding and he was a pleasure to work with! Not only did he have a variety music but was open to listening to our requests for more unique pieces played during the ceremony. I received numerous compliments regarding the ceremony music- and people loved that it was "the song from goodfellas." (My husband and I exited the ceremony to "and then he kissed me." Arnie also provided the microphone/sound system for our officiant so that our guests could hear our vows, etc. We would highly recommend using Arnie!!

Sent on 07/07/2016

We hired Arnie Abrams to play the piano during our ceremony. He was very helpful by providing a list of songs that are popular for weddings and also provided his own personal ideas for options. Unfortunately, Arnie had a family emergency and was not able to perform at our wedding. Thankfully, he has other musicians on his payroll and Arnie sent one of his employees to cover for him. Charlie did an amazing job filling in for Arnie, and even handled my special request of "Together At Last" for our recessional.

Based on the recordings Arnie has on his website and Charlie's live performance at our ceremony, I'd recommend them to anyone for their wedding ceremony.

Sent on 05/29/2013

2.6
      1.0

I tried to book Arnie as a pianist for Catholic church wedding since I do not like organs. Arnie was always pretty quick with responses and kept a professional manner whenever we exchanged emails. He had approved the songs I requested and even offered to learn a couple of untraditional processional songs that I wanted. I sent him the ceremony outline which he approved, however, about 2 weeks before my wedding, he had offered a colleague of his to work my wedding. I come to find out that Arnie does not know the layout of a Catholic ceremony and even told my cantor so. The replacement was wonderful on the piano and was even a former music director for a local church. I'm sure Arnie would have played beautifully, but I didn't appreciate him approving the program and saying he can do it when he didn't know what it was about. For a wedding mass, the musician is very important. He needs to know what songs to play, at what key, and when they're played.

Sent on 01/04/2013

Arnie Abrams Entertainment's reply:

I always appreciate the feedback on our services. It is the best gauge on how we are doing and how we can improve our services. As I do take the quality of my services extremely seriously and take client reviews seriously as well, I'd like to comment on this particular situation, especially since this review is somewhat misleading and inaccurate.

When the Client first booked my services to perform for her ceremony, she indicated that she would be wanting a totally nontraditional wedding ceremony, containing all secular and popular songs. Specifically, the songs she chose were Elvis' Can't Help Falling in Love', and other artists such as Des'ree (Kissing You), Beatles (Imagine, Let It Be), Alicia Keys (If I Ain't Got You), Stevie Wonder (Overjoyed), and host of other wonderful songs that are certainly 'wedding-appropriate' for a nontraditional wedding. I've done hundreds of them.

I do many, many nontraditional weddings with popular music, and as you can see by my other reviews here and all over the internet, my clients are generally very happy with my services. The songs that we had discussed for this Client, and the general nontraditional ceremony music, were certainly great and acceptable, and were my specialties.

The Client specifically said that she was not going to have liturgical (i.e., religious psalms) music, as she and her fiance did not want the traditional ceremony. She is also well aware that I also told her up front that I do not do religious ceremonies.

All is quiet, and 3 months later (and just a few weeks before the wedding day!) the bride came back to me to tell me that the wedding is now a full religious mass, very traditional with specific psalms, she is now working with 3 different Priests, and there is a Cantor involved who would also like to sing several religious songs. Keep in mind that at this point, it was less than 2 weeks from the wedding day and, despite several attempts to reach out to her to impress the sense of urgency of identifying the song selections, the bride still had not communicated the specific music to be performed.

Now, I consider myself a professional, and professionals know their limitations. I also understand the pressure that this Client was going through, and wanted her day to be one for her to remember with wonderful memories. As we had discussed up front, and I reiterated throughout the process, my specialty is performing nontraditional weddings, and, although I would not be the best choice to perform for her ceremony, the good news was that one of my top pianists (I have several), who is a church organist and performs masses routinely, would be able to make the music and there will be no problem, and her ceremony would be perfect (which is was, as she admitted).

She was very, very apologetic to me because of all of the last minute changes, and was extremely grateful that I was able to accommodate her needs. After all, that is what professionals do. The wedding ceremony went perfectly, with all of the special songs, and, despite the adverse last minute conditions, we were able to help her in her desperate situation and the music was done beautifully.

Please understand I have no ill will toward this Client. I respect and cherish all of my Clients and bend over backwards to take the most challenging situations and try to make them work wonderfully. I treat every wedding like it's the only one that matters...because it is. I just wish to set the record straight.

I am very sorry that this Client found our services to be less than perfect, but I think the bulk of the reviews on my services speak for themselves. Apologies in advance for the long discussion, but I thought it be necessary to set the record straight.

Thanks,