Nilsa Colon Creative Chef Reviews

Nilsa Colon Creative Chef 4
Nilsa Colon Creative Chef 5

Ana · Getting married on 09/19/2020

Amazing food!

Excellent food. My husband and I were greeting all of our guests and our food got cold, Nilsa without hesitation made us fresh, hot plates. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Margarita

Margarita Cruz · Married on 11/09/2019

Total professionalism

I would hire her again, amazing

Nilsa Colon Creative Chef 6
    Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Florence

Florence · Married on 09/14/2019

Fairy tale wedding

Nilsa, her husband and their staff catered my daughter's destination wedding last Saturday, a seated dinner for 117 guests at Hacienda Siesta Alegre, Río Grande. The food was absolutely delicious, portions were generous and servers did a great job. In addition, Nilsa and Toti are delightful! I highly recommend Nilsa's catering...for a fairy tale wedding or absolutely any catering need. Thank you!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Lhuan · Married on 07/13/2019

Oustanding service and delicious food

We did a catering for 100 guests in a family garden, without all the comfort caterers are used to and Nilsa and her team were absolutely perfect.

The food was excellent, and our French guests were delighted and happy to taste the puertorican menu Nilsa proposed. The service was flawless from the beginning to the end. Servers were accessible, professional and accommodating, they took care of all our guests demands with a big smile.

The presentation of the buffet was really nice and adapted to our wedding's theme (Puerto Rican Christmas dinner in Summer :) ). The appetizers were also well presented and exquisite. Our guests were delighted of our wedding dinner!

After this successful experience, we will be contracting Chef Nilsa for all our future family events!!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/07/2019

Excellent service, delicious food!

I am so grateful we found Nilsa and she was available for the day of our wedding. She was incredibly responsive when we were emailing her to get a quote. We planned our wedding in PR from the states, so we did everything by email. Nilsa was also very accommodating to me since I am vegetarian, so she helped us craft the perfect menu that would please everyone. All I have to say is WOW. The food was delicious--both the hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour, and our buffet style dinner. Our guests definitely went back for seconds and thirds and gushed over how delicious everything was. Her staff were impeccable. My husband and I were never without a full plate of food or drink. We felt like royalty. Nilsa and her husband came to greet us after dinner, and they are the sweetest couple! Thank you so much Nilsa, and team. You were a major part of making our special day absolutely unforgettable.

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding caterer

Nilsa was amazing! My family is originally from Puerto Rican and her food was just like the good ol days! So flavorful and incredible! I wish I could have brought her home with me. She and her team did an outstanding job! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Loreal

Loreal · Married on 03/21/2019

Our guests STILL talk about the food...

We were absolutely in love with Nilsa's company from the beginning. From receiving a quote, to food list, to payment, to the tasting.... it was all so enjoyable. Her presentation at the wedding was INCREDIBLE, and you can tell she really prides herself on perfection and taste. I mean, the appetizers alone were soooo mouthwateringly good. GO WITH HER RECOMMENDATIONS! Her staff were on time, respectful, and we even had 1 waiter dedicated to US (bride and groom) the entire evening. For example, when we started cocktail hour, we went off to take our couple's photos and our waiter was there with a huge plate of appetizers and drinks of our choice to enjoy in between shoots. Also, he offered to serve us our food and bring it to our table. He kept waiting on us and asking if we needed anything which was AMAZING. If I had to think of anything we would have liked to change, it would be the dessert sizes. Unfortunately we asked for a dessert bar of 3 kinds, and the sizes were literally tiny lol. You could eat it in 1 bite, which I think for a price of $300+ we should have better portions. Otherwise the dessert was delicious. And secondly, we were very sad we did not have leftovers packed in boxes for us. We're not sure why (perhaps there weren't any?) but its true what they say, you don't get to fully enjoy your wedding food. We ate a plate but in between the nerves and the toasts and greetings, we didn't get to TRULY savor and enjoy the dinner. I wish we could have had a to-go box prepared for us for the following day to eat. Of course these are small details, but we were VERY happy with our experience with Nilsa!! Our guests will reminisce about our wedding and bring up the food EVERY SINGLE TIME lol :) it was the best they ever had! I agree!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Jazmin

Jazmin · Married on 02/15/2019

Outstanding food & excellent service 👍🏼👍🏼

Delicious buffet and excellent customer service from first contact. Professional staff/servers. In planning our wedding the catering was priority since many of our guest are food critics 😆 or so it seems, and surely they came through with high praises for the Chef and staff. Three weeks later and we’re still getting high compliments on the delicious hors d’oeuvres and the variety of buffet entries to please all guest. The Paella eaters couldn’t stay away. I don’t eat seafood but most of my guest do, so we added the Spanish all seafood paella. A must. Got outstanding compliments on the paella. The staff was very professional including Marie. Quick easy communication. My hubby is from the island, so we will be contracting Chef Nilsa for all our future events. THANK YOU Chef Nilsa! You made our event one to be talked about and we are loving it 😉

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Marie

Marie Alvarado · Married on 12/21/2018

Just amazing!!!!!

This is the best food, service and presentation ever!!! I still get friends comments telling me how it was the best wedding food they have ever had. Even my most picky guests were very impressed and couldn't stop eating. From the appetizers to the buffet and the chefs soup at the end of the night everything was just incredible. Nilsa went above and beyond to make all our dreams come true and she really exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 02/02/2019

Chayce · Married on 06/24/2018

Nilsa and her staff were truly amazing, the food was out of this world and she worked with me to make everything perfect . I highly recommend her to anyone coming to Puerto Rico !!!! Thanks again Nilsa .

Sent on 06/27/2018
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2018

Coming from New Orleans, having amazing food at our wedding reception was one of our highest priorities from the beginning. We totally nailed it. From the moment Nilsa and her partner, Toti, invited us into their beautiful San Juan apartment for a tasting overlooking the ocean, we knew she would be our caterer. We fell so much in love with Nilsa and her food that when we had to reschedule our wedding due to the hurricane, she was a non-negotiable as the vendor we would schedule around. Her warmth and love for the food she creates permeate every delicious bite that she served to us and our guests. Our wedding posed the added challenge of having a number of vegans in attendance - Nilsa was unphased, creating outstanding food in every course for all our guests, from the vegans to the biggest carnivores in the bunch. She and her staff took care of us all night, ensuring we had a special plate and were able to taste every mouth-watering morsel. Guests raved about the food, from the pass-around appetizers and the buffet-style dinner to the desserts and traditional white bean soup served as an extra treat at the end of the night. We could not recommend a vendor more highly, and are already looking for excuses to cross paths with Nilsa and Toti again in the future. From two hard-core food lovers to others wanting to ensure you and your guests will be obsessed with the food you serve at your wedding: trust us, you want Nilsa.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Jenni · Married on 04/07/2018

What an amazing chef! Nilsa was an absolute dream to work with. Not only was the food incredible, she was accommodating to my special requests and went and above and beyond to make sure my event was beautiful and everything was presented perfectly!! The food was incredible – my guests are still raving about how delicious all the appetizers were. We also had a beautifully plated dinner and an awesome dessert station. Nilsa, her husband and Yolanda were all so kind and helpful – what wonderful people!! Do not hesitate to work with any of them, you will not regret it! What a great event and delicious food!! Thank you Nilsa for everything!!

Sent on 04/13/2018

Amy · Married on 02/24/2018

Superb food and outstanding service! Nilsa designed a unique menu for our wedding--a Puerto Rican style buffet--along with cocktail appetizers and a late night snack. The whole menu was fabulous. Nilsa and her staff traveled from San Juan to Rincon for our wedding and had everything ready to go on time. Nilsa was very responsive to my many emails and phone calls on the menu and the changes to the number of guests. Her staff was very professional and helpful. Our guests LOVED the food! We are truly impressed with Nilsa's quality of service and impeccable plates.

Sent on 02/26/2018

Jacquelyn · Married on 02/02/2018

Nisa and her husband were a dream come true! The first time I met Nilsa was when she invited me to try her food in her own home. I had no idea what to expect but WOW was I surprised! Her food was out of this world. She is not just any chef, she takes the time to sit down with you to figure out exactly what you like and don't like. She made sure to cater my food to my exact likings. She allowed me to pick and choose from her past pictures and made my custom menu perfectly. My guests could not believe that they were eating "wedding" food, they swore they were eating at a 5 star restaurant! Everyone continued to brag about the food even after the wedding. Not only does she cook amazing food but she made a buffet style dinner look like the most magical dinner presentation ever. She also created a dessert table for my wedding that was to die for! Her little lemon desserts were absolutely amazing, so don't miss out! Her husband was also great. Everyone always talks about missing the food at their own wedding, well this was not the case. Nilsa and her husband made sure to bring a sampler of the appetizers to our table as well as served us a huge plate filled with everything from our buffet! Don't let me get started about the trial of desserts they left at our table for us to try. AMAZING!! And last but not least the soup she includes for all the guest toward the end of the wedding was completely out of this world!! Do not miss out on amazing food and amazing people! Hire Nilsa for your catering and I promise you will not be disappointed!! Thank you so much Nilsa for being there for me every step of the way, even after the hurricane and treating me like your own daughter. I appreciate all that you did for me! We love you!!

Sent on 02/08/2018

Jasemia · Married on 06/24/2017

Nilsa Colon what a awesome person she listen to everything that I wanted for the food for my wedding. When I came down to Puerto Rico in September to meet her for the fist time she welcomed my fiance god parents of the wedding and I to her home as we were her family. I we started the food tasting we could not be more happier with the great flavor her food had and I was so happy we had chosen her as our cater for our wedding. The day of our wedding Nilsa felt sick, but she did not let that stop her from fulfilling her commitment for my wedding. and I cannot leave her team behind they a awesome. So if you need a cater for your weddingI recommend Nilsa.

Jasemia & Ericson

Sent on 06/29/2017

Taissha · Married on 05/06/2017

Nilsa was amazing! I would recommend

Nilsa was amazing! The food was amazing -- we did buffet style and our guests loved it because they were able to have a little of everything. Everyone raved about the food and I would have to say the best part was the Puerto Rican soup towards the end of the night. Our guests can't stop talking about it until this day and the best part was it was included in the price at no additional charge. I definitely recommend. The price was great too for the service and quality of the food!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Marilyn · Married on 04/16/2017

I'm so glad we went with Nilsa Colon Creative Chef for my sister's wedding. The event was a couple of days ago and I'm still thinking about how fantastic the food was. Everyone raved about it, and the presentation was gorgeous! Nilsa was able to switch around some of her typical menus to include special requests, including pernil (slow roasted pork) and a dessert table (the mini guava tarts were DIVINE.) She also provided a coffee station staffed by a barista all night. Toward the end of the wedding there was even a traditional Puerto Rican chicken soup which was definitely appreciated by the guests after a few hours of drinking and dancing. A few people took extra containers of the soup to go, it was just THAT good. Nilsa's staff were very professional and friendly, and Nilsa was really sweet and introduced me to her husband, who was with her. Throughout the process she was great at communicating with myself, my sister and the wedding coordinator. Destination weddings are not easy to plan, so do yourself a favor and book a wonderful caterer with incredible food and reasonable pricing who will deliver exactly what you ask for. Nilsa is fabulous!!!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Lissette · Married on 01/15/2017

I can't believe I am Nilsa's first review because she is absolutely amazing! I think it's hard for you as a bride to book someone who has only one review (because I've been there) but hopefully this review will tell you everything you need to know. Please look no more! Nilsa was recommended by a wedding planner and we are so happy we hired her. Our only regret was not eating more! Nilsa provided us with servers, absolutely scrumptious food, and a top notch presentation. We wanted a roasted pig, and she found it for us at the price we wanted it. She was actually one of the few caterers that responded right away and was always within a quick text message. All of our guests said the food was delicious, and Nilsa is so genuinely kind she brought us a plate of food and cake to our table and even helped with fixing my dress' bustle at one point. She walked through tables to make sure guests were happy and satisfied with the food and even gave leftovers to people who really wanted to take them home. Please book Nilsa! You won't regret it! Thanks Nilsa for making our night such a fantastic one! :-*

Sent on 02/06/2017

Stephanie · Married on 03/30/2019

More than just a caterer

Nilsa was such a pleasure to work with. At the tasting she hosted for us at her apartment, she invited our wedding coordinator to join and offered us options beyond what we had selected for our menu (and actually swayed us to change our mind on a few things that we thought we were sold on; they were just that good!). On the day of the wedding, she went above and beyond to make sure all the decorations were handled with care and that all details were set up properly, even though we had hired a decorator as well. All of our guests raved about her cooking and she was very accommodating of the multiple allergies we were juggling. Her staff was incredibly professional as well, making sure that my husband and I had a chance to eat everything on wedding day, making plates for us from the cocktail hour through dinner. All in all, we would highly recommend Nilsa and her team!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Corinne · Married on 02/17/2019

Great buffet

We had a tasting with Nilsa over a year before our wedding. She is working on her English, so she made sure a friend/wedding planner was there to translate. The food was wonderful, with good variety. She even customized a dessert bar with churros and ice cream for us!

Before our event, we had some delays in email communication with Nilsa. Because we had a long time horizon, they didn't affect us too much, but we often sent multiple emails (and had our wedding planner call) before we got answers.

Sadly, we over-estimated the number of guests attending, and Nilsa wasn't able to reduce our guest count or bill from the number we gave her a year before. (Note to others - probably underestimate, then add on, instead of over-estimating.) What she did do, which was great, was provide trays for us to take the leftover food. We ate well for days!

We had a few guests say they didn't see her specialty salad dressing until after they had already taken the generic vinaigrette, and everyone wanted more churros. Her chicken soup at the end of the night was a great touch - and a great, unexpected addition as a Puerto Rican tradition when we got our quote.

Overall, each of the mains was great (we had paella, beef - cooked beautifully medium rare, and pork that people loved) and the plantains and salad bar were really refreshing on a hot night. They set aside plates for me and my partner to eat from the appetizers as well.

Nilsa's husband also personally asked us during the event if there was anything additional they could do, so good customer service during the reception.

Sent on 02/28/2019