Nilka Gissell Photography Reviews

Nilka Gissell Photography 4
Nilka Gissell Photography 5
Nilka Gissell Photography 6
Nilka Gissell Photography 7

Excellent photographer and person! Very diligent, accessible, flexible and extremely professional. I highly recommend Nilka Gissell. She was the photographer at my wedding and she overpassed my expectations.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Alexandra · Married on 12/28/2014

When I was looking for my wedding photographer one of my bridesmaids asked me if I had seen the work of Nilka Gissell and I answered: No but I will definitely take a look at her Facebook page. As soon as I started looking the wedding pictures taken by Nilka I fell in love with her work instantly; there was a spark in every picture that made me feel like WOW!!! At that precise moment I said to myself, yes I just found my wedding photographer!!! I contacted her via her official website, she answered very quickly and I signed the contract. When I met her personally on our first appointment to discuss the details of the contract and the services included in the selected package I knew she was going to make our wedding an unforgettable moment. On our love story session she made us feel so comfortable posing for the pictures, it was so natural and we had so much fun!!! I was so happy and satisfied with her work that day that I couldn’t imagine how great the wedding day was going to be!!! On our wedding day Nilka was spectacular, everyone could see how passionate she is about her work paying attention to every detail and making it so comfortable and easy to us on a day that the stress level is so high because so much is going on at the same time! Nilka is so professional, responsible, diligent, dynamic, friendly and so passionate about her work that I recommend her with my eyes closed! Choosing Nilka Gissell as my wedding photographer was one of the best decisions of my life because you only get to say I do once in a lifetime. Imagine our excitement to take a look at the pictures! When the pictures were ready and I took a look at them and it was a jaw dropping moment, every picture had its own story captured so perfectly! The pictures were stunningly beautiful; I felt that I was living through every single moment that she captured again, again and again! We will be forever grateful to Nilka Gissell for capturing the magic of every moment at our wedding day!!!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Nilka Gissell Photography's reply:

Alexandra, what can I say but Thank you! Clients like you and Brian are the driving force behind my business. Seen the love and respect you share for one another is inspiring. Thank you again for choosing me as your photographer, it is a memory I will always treasure.

Cristine · Married on 12/26/2014

Working with Nilka was simply a pleasure. From our engagement session to covering are wedding she was phenomenal. Nilka was professional and so creative. She captured such a special moment perfectly and we are so fortunate to have these memories to relive that day. Her work was so on point that our pictures were published in a local magazine this past month! I recommend Nilka Gissell Photography with no reservations whatsoever.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Nilka Gissell Photography's reply:

Hi Cristine! Thank you so much for your kidn words! It was a pleasure capturing your engagement session and your wedding. Best wishes to you and Jean Carlos! :)

When deciding on a photographer, one of things that stood out in all the reviews was Nilka’s level of professionalism. We couldn't agree more (and the same applies to her colleague Jason). As one of many examples, she remembered the names of all of our family members. But beyond professionalism, she set a wonderful tone for the day. She has a great sense of humor and she’s someone you feel quite comfortable sharing what are quite personal moments. She also really took into consideration our preferences. We wanted to spend as much time possible with our guests and she did a brilliant job of being efficient without ever making us feel rushed. The pictures only confirmed what we felt during the wedding. She did a great job!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Claudia · Married on 10/18/2014

Nilka is amazing! I got all the digital pictures (online) within a few days, which is unbelievable! She is very professional and organized. She arrived on time (even a bit earlier) and was very cautious with all details. Nilka came very prepared to the wedding and even memorized the names of my family members. I'm very happy with her services and her pictures are spectacular! Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Sheila · Married on 10/04/2014

Charismatic, caring, full of pizzazz, and talented are just a few words to describe Nilka! Hiring Nilka as our photographer was one of the first (and best!) decisions we made as we started planning our wedding in Puerto Rico.

Nilka was one of the first vendors we hired. We had studied her work and upon meeting, we knew we wanted to have her as our wedding photographer. Not only was Nilka super friendly and easy to engage with, she was full of great ideas!

We had the great fortune of doing our engagement session with Nilka in Brooklyn, New York, the city where my husband and I fell in love, and it just confirmed we had made the right choice. She made the photo session fun, wanted to get to know us and captured some amazing shots.

Her commitment and level of work during the wedding day (and the days leading up to it), was truly amazing. She went above and beyond! On the wedding day, Nilka arrived ahead of the scheduled time and immediately started capturing the details and moments of our special day. She had memorized everyone’s names and interacted with them in a very gracious way. Her charisma immediately filled the room! The rest of her work during the wedding ceremony and reception was just as great. She made sure to capture the essence of our day with our loved ones.

The final product, the photo gallery and our wedding album, speaks volumes of her talent! Each picture tells a story and is carefully crafted…The wedding album, our album, is an amazing story book. Our story!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Roberta Marie · Married on 06/14/2014

We are extremely satisfied with Nilka's work. We loved our Engagement Session Photos and our Wedding Day Photos. Hiring her was definitely one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process. She captured the memories from our special day beautifully. We highly recommend her services :)

Roberta & Hernán
    June 14, 2014

Sent on 08/13/2014

We were so lucky to have Nilka as our photographer for our wedding in San Juan. Organizing a wedding from out of the country is very stressful. However, hiring her was one of the easiest tasks. She always responded promptly to my emails, stayed in contact throughout the whole process. She was kind enough to meet me the day before the wedding at the resort to go over last minute details and scope out the location; that gave me peace of mind. She was punctual the day of and made the whole day a smooth process with capturing every detail. The photos came out amazing and the wedding album was of the highest quality. We couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you Nilka!!!!

Sent on 01/01/2015
  • Iraliz

Iraliz · Married on 03/08/2014

Nilka is just awesome! Awesome photographer, awesome to work with, and an awesome person. Her work is flawless and her service is even better. She even helped me with my shoes throughout the whole wedding commotion. She is reliable, always reachable, and we were very impressed at how fast our pictures and albums were ready.Hiring Nilka was one of the best decisions we could've made for our wedding.

Sent on 07/24/2014
  • Y

Yessenia · Married on 12/22/2013

What can I say other than talented, professional, creative, and original! Love her work!

Sent on 07/28/2015
  • Z

Zaskia · Married on 11/30/2013

Excelente servicio! Nilka es unica en su clase. Profesional, servicial, complaciente y accesible. Ademas de una fotografa, le cogi mucho cariño y jugo un papel crucial en nuestro dia y en todos los preparativos de la boda. La recomiendo sin reservas!

Sent on 01/07/2014
  • I

Isa · Married on 11/29/2013

Working with Nilka was such a delightful experience!

We live in New York and decided to take a short trip to PR to look at some venues so we wanted to take advantage of the trip and also take our engagement pictures. We had seen Nilka’s work, which we really liked, so we decided to contact her to find out more about her services. My now husband does not speak Spanish and that was not a problem at all since Nilka speaks perfect english. She suggested to us a few places to go in Condado to take the engagement pictures and made it very comfortable. The minute she posted a "sneak peek" of our session on Facebook, we knew we picked the right photographer!! We couldn't wait to see the rest!

On the wedding day, Nilka was just awesome!! She was very easy going, accommodating, very sociable, calm and collected.  Working with her and her assistant was a breeze. She made sure we got all the pictures that we wanted, including a very special picture with the bridal party.  Photos and album turned out fantastic!

Not only is Nilka a great photographer, she's also become a great friend to us!

To this day, her pictures continue to amaze us by capturing the very beautiful moments of life!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Ada · Married on 10/26/2013

We couldn't have been happier with Nilka and her services. I was in charge of choosing a photographer because one of my hobbies is photography so the quality of our wedding photos was important to me. I found her through Wedding Wire and I really liked the style of her photos. We got married on the western side of Puerto Rico (my wife is from Moca) and Nilka was willing to drive across the island to photograph our wedding. My wife and I live in Virginia so all our contact with Nilka was over email. She was very responsive and very professional. She was also flexible in adjusting the package that we wanted to fit our needs. She speaks perfect English (she actually lived in VA for a little while) which was perfect for us since our wedding guests consisted of Spanish and non-Spanish speakers. On the day of the wedding she and her assistant made us feel at ease so that it was very comfortable working with them. We loved the photographs that they produced. We got our proofs about a month after our wedding and the photo album a few weeks after that. If you are getting married in Puerto Rico I would highly recommend hiring Nilka.

Sent on 01/01/2014

Anila · Married on 10/18/2013

Nilka is fantastic! She makes you feel completely at ease, and she is incredibly talented at what she does. We couldn't have asked for more for the price. She is excellent and we loved her products! Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/06/2013

Bibiana · Married on 08/24/2013

Nilka was great!!! She was very patient, professional, responsive and most of all charming!!! She understood exactly ehat we wanted and made us feel very comfortable during our photo sessions. Hands down the best photographer around. She was very quick in editing and within a month of my wedding I had my album. I totally recommend her. :)

Sent on 11/12/2013
  • Lyreimi

Lyreimi · Married on 08/03/2013

Una de las decisiones mas dificiles para mi fue escoger el fotógrafo para mi boda, ya que al final de todo esos son los recuerdos que quedan. Pero definitivamente la mejor opcion es Nilka. Super responsable, creativa, atenta, paciente y sobre todo excelente fotógrafa. Quedé mas que satisfecha con su hermoso trabajo! La recomiendo al 100%

Sent on 08/23/2013

Millie · Married on 07/20/2013

Los servicios de fotografía que nos ofreció Nilka fueron excelentes y de una alta calidad profesional. Nilka es una persona paciente, flexible y atenta a las necesidades del cliente. La recomiendo muy favorablemente para cualquier actividad en la cual se requieran servicios de alta calidad.

Sent on 08/01/2013
  • O

Omar · Married on 06/15/2013

Nilka es un fenomeno! No conozco mejor fotografia que la suya... No solo fue la fotografa de mi boda sino que hoy por hoy es considerada nuestra amiga. Sus fotos son indiscutiblemente una obra de arte, si quieres lo mejor en tu boda no tienes que buscar nada mas!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Katia · Married on 05/26/2013

Nilka Gissell is awesome! We had a 'destination wedding' in Puerto Rico (which is a long process on its own!), and although I had my parents in the island, I depended on the web to 'see' who was available for us to contract in the island -- this was an adventure on its own (I'm from PR, my husband is from US, & we've lived in Colorado for 2 yrs). Considering this, one of the things that made us choose Nilka was her presence on the web - something not all photographers in the island offer - we were able to see her work not only in her blog/webpage, but through Facebook (plus, her availability via email).
    We were able to meet face-to-face when I went in early March 2013. She was excellent with me and my parents, while showing us her work. She explained how she goes about the day of the wedding and pictures to be taken (options we had: first look of the bride and groom, or traditional, at the ceremony pics).
    When the wedding day arrived, she got in early and did what she had explained. She's very professional, but at the same time very warm and makes everyone feel "at home" -- her assistant was excellent too. It was a crazy, overwhelming day --for all the emotions getting married can bring to the couple and their families -- so to have a photographer that was able to mix in as a friend, more than a service provider was priceless. She was able to take some intimate moments, that we’ve loved so much! And she was quick too with the online gallery (1.5 week) For all these things, we've thanked her, and surely feel very positive to recommend her.
    Note: Being in CO, she made it a "piece of cake" for us to sign the contract safely online – as well as accepting PayPal payment, which was a ++ for us out here (Basically, if you are planning a ‘destination wedding’ in PR – get Nilka! it’ll be one of the easier parts of the whole planning!)

Sent on 06/07/2013

Nilka Gissell Photography's reply:

Katia, thank you so much for your beautiful words. I love it when clients become friends, and that's how I feel about you, John and your family! You guys are amazing!!

Christian · Married on 03/30/2013

Nilka Gissell Photography... what a great choice. She have a great eye to capture every detail of that special day! In D'events Planners we are very pleased with her professionalism and talent. / Nilka Gissell Photography... una gran opción. Ella tiene un gran ojo para capturar cada detalle de ese dia tan especial! En D'events Planners estamos muy complacidos con su talento y profesionalismo.

Sent on 04/04/2013

Anneliese · Married on 03/30/2013

Excelent and awsome work. A very professional photographer. Just loved her work.

Sent on 04/05/2013

Lorena · Married on 12/07/2012

Nilka photographed our 1 year anniversary love story session in San Juan. We are from Washington DC. I was actually sick that day but Nilka made me feel really relaxed and my husband and I enjoyed the fact that she was so patient and accommodating. During the photoshoot she took us be places we wold no have seen as regular tourists. The photo session was one of our favorite times during the trip.

I highly recommend Nilka. Our photos turned out great! She is an amazing photographer!

Sent on 12/24/2012

Nilka Gissell Photography's reply:

Thank you Lorena!! I had a lot of fun photographing you both. It felt like friends hanging out at Old San Juan. :)

Laura · Married on 12/01/2012

Nuestra experiencia con Nilka fue espectacular!!! Desde el momento en que la conocimos para nuestro "save the date" la quimica estuvo presente. Pasamos lluvia, viento, bache y muchos contratiempos durante la boda y el "save the date" shooting y Nilka nos creo los mejores recuerdos de toda aquella hermosa locura. Nos casamos en diciembre y ya tenemos nuestras fotos de boda en tiempo record!!! La calidad de su trabajo y su profesionalismo la hacen la mejor fotografa de bodas que les podemos recomendar. Laura y Victor

Sent on 02/12/2013

Aracelis · Married on 11/10/2012

Excelente! Es la palabra q mejor define a Nilka. Es muy profesional capacitada y tiene dominio del campo en el cual se desenvuelve. Es muy creativa e innovadora. Estamos felices con nuestra elección. Gracias Nilka

Sent on 08/17/2013

Emilia · Married on 10/12/2012

Nilka is without a doubt the best wedding photographer is San Juan. Her work is creative, fresh, and unique. She makes you feel relaxed and calm. It was the best experience working with her. She made our wedding. We love our wedding pictures! Thank you Nilka!

Sent on 12/06/2012

Nilka Gissell Photography's reply:

Thanks for your words Emilia, and for letting me be part of your day!! : ) You guys are amazing!! All but the best to you both!