Nilka Gissell Photography Reviews

Nilka Gissell Photography 5
Nilka Gissell Photography 6
Nilka Gissell Photography 7

Diana Mallon · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Incredible photographer made our engagement so special

Nilka is an incredible photographer and amazing person! She suggested several breathtaking locations for my proposal, coordinated with me to take candid pictures of the proposal and then took stunning photos of us right after engagement. She was extremely communicative throughout the process and provided us with edited photos the next day. Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/28/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 05/19/2019

Stunning Photos, Quick Turnaround, Amazing Service!

Nilka did an amazing job for my Bridal portraits in Old San Juan and for my wedding in Ponce at Castillo Serralles. I am very particular when it comes to photography so choosing a good photographer for my wedding was high on my list. I had no worries booking Nilka as her portfolio of work was stunning. She was quick at communicating with me and answered all of my many questions. Very professional and made you feel at ease. Her editing turnaround time was super fast too. I didn't expect to get our pictures back so quickly, so that was a huge plus. When we received our images, my (now) husband and I LOVED them. They were absolutely stunning and exactly (better) what I wanted. I would definitely choose Nilka again and would recommend her to anyone getting married in Puerto Rico.

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Jonathan

Jonathan · Married on 09/29/2018

Excellent Service

Nilka did an outstanding job with the engagement and wedding photos. She is professional, reliable, and friendly. Nilka was very responsive to our messages/emails, we didn't have any issues communicating. We were impressed the turnaround time of the wedding photos; we had access to a digital album about a month after the wedding. Overall, Nilka provided excellent service and we couldn't be happier with the photos.

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Paola

Paola · Married on 08/31/2018

Nilka Gissell did such an outstanding job capturing our wedding day! From the beginning she was very responsive to our emails and questions. We were impressed by how smooth everything went and could not be any happier with the final product. Gracias Nilka!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Awilda · Married on 05/19/2018

Amazing memories!

We got married back on May 2018 and Nilka was our photographer. The photos were taken at my house and at the venue (Rest Zafra del Caribe, Gurabo PR). She arrived on time and worked through the agreed time. She and her assistant were very professional and great to work with. The way that she managed the process was nice and made us feel less nervous. The photos came out great; like magazine photos. The colors and patterns were great even when no photoshop was used. She captured all the important moments including the ones that were posed and the ones that were not. Our package was digital and she delivered it via mail in a very nice package. When we saw the photos we were amazed and we loved them. Both my husband and I, my family, my bridal party, and friends; they all LOVED the photos. JUST AMAZING!!!! We totally recommend her...

Sent on 11/25/2018

Glaelis · Married on 04/07/2018

I absolutely loooved working with Nilka! She’s extremely professional, hard working and takes amazing pictures! She will capture your perfect side every time! We had an engagement session in Dumbo, Brooklyn and our wedding was in San Juan, PR. I loved every single shot! She’s very responsive and she’ll give you tips on how to pose, so you come out looking your best every single time. I hope we get to work with her again in the future.

Sent on 04/15/2018
    Nilka Gissell Photography 8
    Nilka Gissell Photography 9
    Nilka Gissell Photography 10
    Nilka Gissell Photography 11
    Nilka Gissell Photography 12
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 03/30/2018

Nilka was our original photographer when we originally had our wedding in Puerto Rico in November 2017. We had to cancel the wedding and move it to NYC. Nilka kept communucation with us after hurruacne and cane to New York City to take our pictures the dollowong March. She didnt charge us extra and was very understandng. She was professional, on time and very helpful with the poses. She even put on my veil on me because my hair artist forgot to!!! I absolutely loved my pictures! She stuck with us when many other vendors didn’t even give us back our deposits back. I believe she travels to other prts of the US like Flordia. I would definately book Nilka for yor engagement, wedding or any other memorablw event!

Sent on 05/19/2018
    Nilka Gissell Photography 13
    Nilka Gissell Photography 14
    Nilka Gissell Photography 15
    Nilka Gissell Photography 16
    Nilka Gissell Photography 17
    Nilka Gissell Photography 18

Alana · Married on 04/23/2017

My destination wedding was April 23 2017. I am so glad that I hired Nilka. She was quick to answer my emails and inquiries and her packages are great! I finally met her the day of the wedding and she was amazing to work with. She is kind and patient. I had a fussy three year nephew and she was great with him. She was focused and directed me quickly and always asked me if I was comfortable posing in different locations (which of course I was) and she was quick. You could tell she planned out her day and her vision. It was so great to work with her. When I told her of any image ideas I had she was down to do whatever and helped make it happen. She was a dream to work with and I can't wait to see the images. I would recommend her to anyone because she is amazing to work with!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Gerica · Married on 04/01/2017

Nilka was absolutely incredible. Although we did not get a chance to work with her before the wedding day, she made sure we knew exactly what to expect and made us feel entirely comfortable the entire day. She was working from the second she walked in to the end of the night. I was so nervous and on edge the morning of the wedding and Nilka was a calming presence throughout the entire process. She was efficient but never once did we feel rushed or bossed around. Aside from the planned shots she took so many candids without us even noticing! She was also creative in the composition of her shots so we don't feel like our pictures are cookie-cutter at all. They feel personal and completely ours. She was everything we were looking for in a photographer: energetic, creative, easy-going, and professional.We could not be happier with the memories Nilka captured for us!

Sent on 04/30/2017

Nicole · Married on 02/09/2017

Very professional and knew what she was doing. Waiting for the pictures but I know they will come out amazing.

Sent on 02/15/2017

Responsive to our needs and desires. Punctual and flexible.

Sent on 12/24/2016

Tasha · Married on 12/09/2016

Nilka was a wonderfully professional presence at our wedding. She made us feel at ease while capturing all the intimate moments of the day. The preliminary photos are great and we can't wait to see the finished product

Sent on 12/11/2016

Vivian · Married on 11/20/2016

It was a true pleasure having her in the wedding. Her work is spectacular and she makes every picture flow in the most comfortable way. Her work was so good that it has been difficult to choose the final photos for the album, because every photo captures the energy of the people and the beauty of the event. Funny story: The whole wedding reception came under the rain, but thanks to Nilka, her team, and their disposition to challenge the rain resulted in a spectacular set of photos full of movement, lights and essence.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Marcelle · Married on 09/09/2016

Nilka was absolutely wonderful. We were planning our wedding from Maryland with little time to go over to PR to meet vendors. I talked to at least 3 different photographers before I met Nilka. She was flexible to our needs and always had such a positive energy. On the day of the wedding she was kind and patient but professional and knew exactly what shots would look best. Our photos came in much more quickly than I expected and she sent it with a little personal touch. I couldn't have been happier with the quality of service. Thanks Nilka!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Jaclismar · Married on 06/25/2016

Such a wonderful photographer, loved that she gave me space. The final results was worth it! She is amazing!!!!!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Lindsey · Married on 06/11/2016

Planning a destination wedding can be a little daunting, especially when you haven't ever been to the destination :) However, I was so happy I found Nilka. She is truly a professional. After going through her website I knew immediately she was the right photographer for our beach wedding. From the very beginning, Nilka was very responsive, easy to work with and very organized. She even gave me recommendations for other local vendors that I could work with. I met her the day of my wedding and immediately liked her! I have only seen a couple of images from the wedding (I just got married a couple of days ago) and have been blown away!! I can't wait to see the rest! Thank you Nilka for capturing the most special day of my life!

Sent on 06/18/2016

Luis · Married on 05/28/2016

Excellent service and professionalism. Loved the way she treated us and our guests. Very down to earth and respectful. The first time we met we didn't hesitate to have her as our wedding photographer. Now after our wedding we are extremely happy with that choice. Nilka gave an extra effort in every shot and was like a photo ninja... Didn't bother us at all. It our pleasure to work with her. Also provided us with some stunning preview pictures the same day of the wedding. We wouldn't mind to sit for another cup of coffee. Aileen & Luis.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Kristina · Married on 04/30/2016

I would not hesitate to book Nilka Gissell photography for one second. Her photos are absolutely stunning and beautiful and she was so easy to work with. She was very responsive, showed up on time and really knows how to capture amazing photos. Not only that but we had our wedding photos only 1 week after our wedding, that was incredible!! We were so pleased with the photos she took and all of our guests and family couldn't stop talking about how beautiful they came out. Thank you Nilka for the amazing you job you did and for helping us capture the most amazing day ever.

Sent on 06/30/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/01/2016

Best Photographer Option you could ask for!

Nilka video chatted with us beforehand to make sure we were all on the same page, the quality of photos was incredible, and the package to have pictures prior to the wedding day in Old San Juan was amazing. Her communication was timely, she was helpful at all stages, and the pictures that will last me a lifetime are the best I could have asked for. No question, I would book her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/12/2019

Nilka is fantastic! She is friendly, professional, timely, and flexible.

Pre-wedding she is very efficient, with a detailed questionnaire that she kept a print-out on the day of, so that we could be sure to get all the photos with family member arrangements we wanted.

Day of the wedding she arrived on time and quickly got started on pics of the accessories & rings. She arranged our first look and was great at finding alternative shot locations due to rain. She kept us dry and still got a lot of great portrait shots outdoors. Throughout the evening she captured many candid photos as well as us with all our guests.

Following the wedding, she provided a few 'sneak peak' photos the next day. And she delivered all of the images in less than 3 weeks (which is faster than the contract stated!).

I'm very happy with the quality of photos as well as artistic view she has to capture the moment.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Camille · Married on 11/14/2015

Nilka Gisselle is simply amazing!! Super professional, very friendly and kind. She makes you feel very comfortable, and her work is one of a kind. My husband and I are incredibly happy we chose her to capture such important moments and memories that will last for a lifetime!!!

-Camille & Miguel

Sent on 12/05/2015

Nilka Gissell Photography's reply:

Camille and Miguel, it was amazing being your photographer! I loved your wedding and will always keep it in my treasure box. Thank you for your kind words!

Matt · Married on 09/18/2015

This review is long overdue. We were looking through the photos from our wedding and were reminded of Nilka's amazing talent, and how we had neglected to publicly commend her.

Nilka was the the perfect choice to photograph our special day. Neither of us are very good at posing for photos, but Nilka captured all the special moments, and managed to make us look natural, relaxed (no small feat, since we both get nervous and awkward when we know we are being photographed)

She met with us a couple of days before the wedding so that she could get to us, and find out more about what we wanted to get out of our pictures. Her warm and professional demeanor instantly put us at ease.

Words cannot express what a joy it was to work with Nilka, and the finished products were more than we could have hoped for. We highly recommend her and if we had it to do all over again, we would not change a thing.

Thank you Nilka!

Sent on 01/23/2016

I found out about Nilka as she had done my cousin's wedding. I was so happy I chose her as my photographer! She is very professional, super easy to work with and most importantly a true artist. She makes you feel very comfortable and gives you specific directions making it easy to pose. She was able to capture beautiful moments of us and our guests. I literally loved every single picture she took. I highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Jeffrey · Married on 06/29/2015

Nilka was a profesional, she did a great job.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/14/2015

Nilka was absolutely amazing!! She did our engagment and wedding photos. She is very professional and responsive. And she takes absolutely beautiful photos. You would not be disappointed. Thank you Nilka!!!

Sent on 08/23/2015