71 Reviews for Nilah & Company

Customary (2)
Garters (2)
Bridesmaids (1)
71 Nilah & Company Reviews

My experience with Nilah was wonderful. First of all, she sized the dress well to me after my first fitting. She let me come back an extra time because I couldn't decide which bustle I wanted. I was able to walk around in it and see what felt comfortable for as long as I needed. And during my final fitting she spent extra time explaining how I can walk best in my dress (I was concerned because the dress has multiple layers and such) and gave me tips for kneeling, sitting and pictures. I asked for a few last adjustments before my wedding day to make me feel comfortable -- she made a miracle happen and did them so quick. Nilah is a true professional. I didn't know she did day of wedding coordination - if I did I would have asked her to do my wedding because just speaking with her I learned new things that will really help the day of my wedding. I would recommend Nilah and her team to anyone to make your dress look PERFECT on your big day. Thank you again for everything, Nilah!

Profile Picture Cait, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Very professional and affordable. Nilah was wonderful!

Profile Picture Melissa, 1/6/18, 5 Reviews

WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!
Nilah was so incredibly helpful in altering my wedding dress. She provided me with so much insight as to what would look best. I loved Nilah and Company. It was such a personal and unique experience. They set up appointments for each customer so you have their complete and undivided attention. I was very grateful for everything that Nilah and Company did for me. I was able to set up an extra fitting in between my first and last one without any problems. I would absolutely recommend Nilah to anyone who is looking for a wonderful place to get wedding dress alterations for their wedding!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/23/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

Nilah was fantastic, very professional and tailored my wedding dress so that it fit like a glove! I needed it to be taken in, had a bustle added, and required some padding in the boob area. Nilah was able to do all this and I felt like a princess on the day of!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I ordered my dress online. I loved everything about my dress but it was about 2 or 3 sizes too big and the top part was not perfectly designed. I took it to Nilah and she provided me with suggestions and never pressured me to have my dress altered at her store. She was very kind and patient. I decided to proceed with the alterations and I am so glad I did. During the process I also lost more weight so Nilah made a couple of alterations. She even offered an extra fitting the week prior to be sure my dress fit. My dress looked amazing and there were no accidents.

Profile Picture Anita, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride

Nilah & Co. was so amazing! She altered my wedding gown and also my Grandmother's outfit for our wedding. She was so gentle and professional every single time we went for a fitting. She totally knew what she was doing with hemming all of the layers of tulle on my gown. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs bridal alterations. I was so thrilled with how everything turned out!

Profile Picture Kerry , 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Cleaning, Customization, Preservation, Bridal Belts, Customary, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils

The process was seamless. I received Nilah's information as a refferal, while my husband and I were out looking for tuxedos. I was able to book an appointment within a reasonable time frame of my wedding. I believe we were able to accomplish everything within two visits. My dress was altered with a pocket added to the skirt of my gown, to house my grandmother's wedding ring in her memory. I was very pleased with the results. Nilah was very knowledgeable and gave me three great pointers: 1) I didn't need a bra because of the boning in my dress, 2) Do not use spanx, and 3) learn how to use the toilet backwards. All of this information was gold, I used every piece of advice. I felt absolutely beautiful in my dress. I am thankful for her services and would definitely recommend her in the future.

Profile Picture Aisha, 6/3/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride

Nilah and Company did such an amazing job with my wedding dress! I only had to come in twice for my wedding dress, once for the consultation and the second time for my final fitting. Nilah definitely knew what she was doing! It saved so much time not having to go back and forth. When I came in for my final fitting, my wedding dress fit perfectly. Nilah and her staff were very professional and responsive. They responded quickly when I asked questions via email and called and followed up with me. Highly recommended. :-)

Thank you, Nilah and Company!

Profile Picture Ylora, 4/8/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

Nilah is incredibly talented, and provided perfect alterations for my wedding dress. I felt very comfortable in my dress, and could see that she made changes exactly where they were the most flattering. She listened to my needs and delivered on every expectation. I would highly recommend Nilah! Professional and talented!

Profile Picture Lizzie, 3/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Nilah did the most beautiful job on my dress and veil. I came in needing very little in the way of alterations. She added in cups and took the bust of my beaded corset in a bit. She added tulle sleeves that were detachable. She made the most gorgeous cathedral length veil with crystals scattered throughout. She was patient and understanding when I wanted to spend extra time in the dressing room just staring at myself. Nilah and her team kept timelines for me, calling with ample time to schedule follow up appointments. They even provided guidance about what underwear to put on under my gown and how to put my veil in. When I get my act together, I'm going back to Nilah to clean and preserve my gown. Thank you, Nilah!

Profile Picture Daniella, 11/25/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Cleaning, Preservation, Veils, Bride

I had my heavily beaded wedding dress altered with Nilah, and it fit like a glove for my wedding. Nilah was timely and professional, and it made me feel at ease that she had previously worked on my gown. She did a wonderful job!

Profile Picture Steffy, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations

Nilah did an AMAZING job altering my wedding dress. Nilah is professional, has an incredible attention to detail and can make all of your veil and wedding dress dreams come true.

My dress was incredibly fitted and made me extremely nervous. Additionally, I had to get the dress taken in a few times as I lost weight over the span of my engagement period. With each alteration appointment I became more and more confident in this dress as Nilah tailored it to perfection. Nilah also makes beautiful veils and my veil went with my dress perfectly.

One of the things I loved most about my dress was the way that Nilah bustled it. I had a long train and she bustled it into a double french bustle. it was INCREDIBLY elegant and brought a whole new dimension to the dress.

Finally, Nilah's prices are EXTREMELY FAIR. I had budgeted almost double the amount for alterations in comparison to what Nilah's alterations cost. The bottom line is that Nilah and Company is the full package in every way and if you want to have the most amazing dress and veil you will go to Nilah & Company!

Profile Picture Mia, 9/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Wedding Planning

I bought my wedding gown at Elizabeth Johns in Ardmore, and Nilah was the first on their list of recommendations for alterations. I was thrilled that Nilah's office is located about a mile from my home in Havertown, PA.

Jennifer worked with me to set up appointments, provide pricing for accessories, and answer any questions that I may have had. She always greeted me and my guests at the door with a smile. When my schedule got a bit crazy, Jennifer patiently provided options for dates and times for fittings. She is an asset to Nilah's business!

Nilah herself was incredible - she made my gown into exactly what I pictured, and it fit PERFECTLY the day of the wedding. Nilah was able to change the bodice of the gown into a sweetheart shape, something I really wanted from the beginning, with no problem. The half French, half American bustle that she added was gorgeous! Nilah also provided choices for accessories, and I purchased a beautiful rose gold cluster belt (which she secured to the dress) and two hair pieces. She even custom made my Grace Kelly length veil with a silk ribbon edge, and it complimented the gown perfectly. Lastly, she saved scraps from my dress for my florist to use for my bouquet.

The service and alterations are well worth the price. Definitely contact Nilah & Company if you need alterations!

Profile Picture Julie, 7/9/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils, Alterations, Preservation

Nilah was amazing. She altered my wedding dress and my mom's mother of the bride dress. My wedding dress needed a lot of changing and she provided many ideas to fix the dress the way that I wanted that when I tried it on during my last fitting, I cried. Thank you for helping to make the dress of my dreams!

Profile Picture Katie , 6/18/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Wedding Planning

Nilah and Company is quick to respond and did alterations on my wedding dress. I also purchased a lace Grace Kelly length (also known as waltz length) veil from Nilah. Nilah listened to me when I asked her not to make my dress too tight so I could dance. I also debated if I wanted a Juliet cap style veil or not and Nilah was able to meet with me a couple times so I could try on different options. Great service highly recommended for wedding dress alterations and veil purchases. The price is worth it. I paid $285 for the veil and $535 for alterations.

Profile Picture Angela, 6/4/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

As the Mother-of-the-Groom and an artist, I was looking for a custom and unique gown. Not only did Nilah steer me in the right direction, but she worked with me to create just the look I wanted using the bottom of a gown and the top of a short dress. With Nilah's handiwork, the gown looked amazing as one piece. I got so many raving compliments on my gown. Nilah was so helpful and patient throughout the process. She even helped me with my accessories and had advice on shoes, etc. Jennifer's communication was exemplary.
I highly recommend Nilah for her vision, professionalism and talent. I can't thank you enough, Nilah. It was a pleasure working with you.

Profile Picture Sheri, 4/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Nilah did an incredible job with the alterations to my wedding dress! I met with her on two separate occasions to go over alterations and she clearly knew her stuff! She was very professional and is incredibly talented. She made suggestions for my dress that I wouldn't have though of myself, but that turned out to be outstanding. The value of using Nilah & Company is 100% there and the price is well worth it. I would definitely recommend Nilah & Company to anyone in the area looking for bridal gown alterations!

Profile Picture User4775749, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

Nilah and Company took in my wedding dress alterations with only 3 months to go before my wedding (after things with the first seamstress went awry). Despite the tighter-than-ideal timelines, Nilah did beautiful work altering my consignment custom-designed gown to fit my frame, and adding a beautiful french bustle. She provided advice on veils, and accommodated an extra fitting that was needed. Nilah and her assistant were very responsive and professional. I was thrilled with how my dress turned out, and would recommend her services to anyone!

Profile Picture Amalie, 10/17/15, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Appts. Only, Bride, Bridesmaids

I purchased a dress that was about 5 sizes too big off the rack of a store that was going out of business then just after my first dress fitting, I moved out of the state. And with all of that, Nilah still provided me with the perfect dress for my wedding. I met with Nilah for the first time around March 2015. At the first meeting, Nilah pinned the over-sized dress a lot. There was caplet that came with my dress, and Nilah turned it backwards. I never would have turned the caplet around but somehow that unexpected change created beautiful angles with the dress. Nilah also brought out an original veil that matched perfectly with my dress. The whole thing came together! Nilah has an incredible eye. I then moved out of the state and did not see the dress again until 2 weeks before my wedding. I was nervous about weight change, but It fit like a glove. And Nilah reprimanded me for wearing spanx that I had not worn in our first fitting. Nilah also helped me pick out the perfect pair of earrings from her collection. Working with Nilah was a great experience, and my dress was flawless!

Profile Picture User5535142, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Cleaning, Jewelry, Veils

Let me tell you what...Nilah is awesome. I took my dress to her (approx 4.5mo before wedding) and she came through! She was WAY more affordable than the boutique where I purchased the dress. I knew I was getting robbed for alterations, so I contacted Nilah for a consult. I got an appoint within 2 wks. She's very honest and professional, and attentive. You will have her full attention because she only takes one appoint at a time. She met all deadlines, and I had no issues getting a response when I emailed her. The dress was perfect. THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture User4138277, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

My experience here was fabulous! I bought dress from a once and again shop and needed it to be altered. I searched online for the best company or person to go to and found Nilah. When I walked in I immediately felt welcomed and like a bride, she was so attentive, kind, and helpful. She was a great person to talk to and she knew what to do to make my dress perfect! When I came back for my final fitting I was in tears, my dress was perfect, But I wanted to add a last minute detail and wasn't sure if she would or could do itl. My dad passed away 5 years ago and I wanted to incorporate a shirt of his into my dress. She said sure and that it was no problem! And got to work. When I picked up my dress she and I spoke about my wedding and the drama that was going on with it and she calmed me down and helped me out. When I looked at the heart she made on the inside bottom of my dress, I lost it and bawled my eyes out. She did such an amazing job. I wish my wedding experience with her didn't end! She and her staff are amazing! Thank you Nilah!!!!

Profile Picture MaryGrace, 8/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Nilah altered my dress perfectly! I had my final fitting 10 days before my wedding and I expressed concern that I was "bloated" She said ok come in Monday (My wedding was Friday) and it turns out I needed a half and inch taken in. She was such a perfectionist and so accommodating. The dress was gorgeous! Thank you!

Profile Picture mimi, 1/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Wedding Planning

Nilah made me look and feel incredible. I also hired her as a wedding coordinator; she was patient, kind and took care of everything so I didn't have to worry. I highly recommend her- not only as a dress-maker and tailor, but as a wedding day coordinator.

Profile Picture judith, 8/10/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Wedding Planning

Nilah was both my tailor and my day-of wedding coordinator. I highly recommend her for both services. She took my size 12 sample dress and brought it down to a size 2/4. It was a tricky dress and I was terrified it would not end up being flattering. The dress turned out gorgeous. She also revamped my Mom's poofy 1980s veil into something that could go with my more earthy wedding dress. It was absolutely gorgeous and something I never would have considered if she had not encouraged it.
As for her day-of wedding coordination service, I don't know what we would have done with out it. I had planned to save money by not hiring a coordinator, but during one of my final fittings, my mother in-law and I noticed Nilah's service. My mother in-law was gracious enough to pay for it as a gift. It completely eased our minds leading up to and on the day of the wedding. Nilah was in charge and very knowledgable. Thanks to her and her assistant, everything went smoothly. Throughout the cocktail hour they brought my husband and I water and plates of food (it's very difficult to make it to the food table as the bride and groom). They were there for every little thing we needed. It allowed my husband and I, but more importantly our families and bridal parties to enjoy themselves, rather than stressing out. I highly recommend Nilah.

Profile Picture User3654468, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews