107 Reviews for Nila Destinations

Timelines (7)
Event Design (4)
Non-Religious (1)
106 Nila Destinations Reviews

If you are looking to have a perfect, stress-free, amazing destination wedding in Turks and Caicos, I would highly suggest having Nila Destinations coordinate you wedding. We had Lynne Watts as our wedding planner, and I literally could not have asked for anyone better. She is extremely knowledgeable about local vendors, and will never steer you wrong...which is nice when planning from thousands of miles away. Lynne was always very responsive to any emails (there were a lot!!) and a joy to chat with over the phone about more specific details. If I requested to have a specific menu item, or vendor, etc, I sent an email, and boom...done, Lynne took care of it. Once down there, we met with her a few days prior to our wedding and any remaining stress I had about our wedding was instantly gone. She had an exact plan for the sunset sail the evening before the wedding, the ceremony, and reception. Then, we get to the day of the wedding and all I had to do was enjoy my time getting ready as I knew everything was taken care of. She popped in numerous times to let me know how things were going and where/when I needed to be somewhere (and did the same for the groom). There were no glitches whatsoever (well, minus my phone suddenly deciding not to connect to my bluetooth speaker for the reception- which she solved as we were getting photos taken!) and she was the main reason why our wedding turned out amazingly. We cannot thank her enough for making this special day absolutely PERFECT!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination

It was honestly an honor to have Mary from Nila Destinations as our wedding planner. She puts her heart and soul into her work and it shows. She was there every step of the way with every decision always able to direct us in the right direction. Her execution of our wedding blew us away. Every detail was perfect. She was able to take my ideas and visions and perfectly actualize it. She was also able to rally my large group, which was no easy task either. She took great care of us on the night before our wedding at our rehearsal dinner and all throughout the wedding day. I would have been completely lost without her and I shudder at the thought. I promise you she is worth every penny and even more! Mary was the perfect fit for me, my husband and our family. There is not a thing I would change about our wedding celebration and that is all thanks to Mary. She is also an amazing woman who is so caring and she is now a forever friend of ours.

Profile Picture Deanna, 5/19/18, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Non-Religious

It was honestly an honor to have Mary from Nila Destinations as our wedding planner. She puts her heart and soul into her work and it shows. She was there every step of the way with every decision always able to direct us in the right direction. Her execution of our wedding blew us away. Every detail was perfect. She was able to take my ideas and visions and perfectly actualize it. She was also able to rally my large group which was no easy task either. She took great care of us on the night before our wedding at our rehearsal dinner and all throughout the wedding day. I would have been completely lost without her and I shudder at the thought. I promise you she is worth every penny and even more! Mary was the perfect fit for me, my husband and our family. She is also an amazing woman who is so caring and she is now a forever friend of ours.

Profile Picture Deanna, 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary from Nila Destinations was SO helpful during our entire wedding planning process. My husband and I live in Florida and had our destination wedding in Turks and Caicos so having Mary made everything so easy and effortless. From the moment we arrived in Turks for our wedding weekend, Mary and the entire team made us feel at ease and made our day absolutely perfect. Best experience ever!!

Profile Picture Alex, 5/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Luise at Nila and can't recommend her enough! We had a wedding with 60 people at Grace Bay Club, and while it can seem daunting to plan a wedding from a distance she made the experience completely stress free and fun. From the time we enlisted her help through the wedding day, she was responsive, proactive and super easy to work with. She handled everything from booking our band, flowers, pastor, etc. to being onsite for the whole weekend (rehearsal dinner and wedding) and coordinating all setup and day of details/logistics. On the week of our wedding, it looked like rain in the forecast for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding night, so she quickly jumped into action and made sure we had a beautiful tent and no matter what the weather did our events would still be perfect. Thanks to her, we were care free and couldn't even imagine a more perfect weekend. Luise really went above and beyond, and if we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing!

Profile Picture rachel, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Destination

We got married May 2018 and have been working together for a year with Mary Thompson to prepare for this. I cannot imagine having done this without her! She was very responsive and eased my every worry. She never made me feel like I was asking too many questions or worrying about silly things even though I am sure I was.We exchanged 100s of emails and many phone calls throughout the process and she was always available when I needed her and was willing to accommodate in any way. She always had our interests and wedding wishes first and worked together with us to ensure our vision came true. I have been coming to TCI for about 15 years and I thought I had been to every restaurant, Mary recommended Bay Bistro for our dinner, we went there to try it and we knew right away it was the best choice! We are so glad she recommended it, it was just perfect. She was always very organized and paid attention to every detail. We met on the island a few times before the wedding to go over everything again to make sure everyone is on the same page. This was great! She arranged a meeting with everyone, myself and my husband as well as the photographer (Ileana), pastor (Padmore) and Clive at Bay Bistro, right at the beginning of the week before the wedding and it was excellent to go over the big day with everyone on board and eased all my worries right away so I could enjoy the rest of the days before the wedding with my friends and family. Everything came together so smoothy!
I was considering at the start of my wedding planning to do this myself as I believed I knew the island pretty well and it couldn't be that bad..... Well all I can say is I am SO glad I decided to go with Mary for my wedding planning, I would have been so lost and stressed without her. Thank you so much Mary, you are the most kind, supportive and caring wedding planner and you are amazing at what you do!
David and Raluca May 2018

Profile Picture Raluca, 5/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary was AMAZING every step of the way. Our vow renewal was an event that we and our guests will remember forever. Mary handled every little detail for us. We will and have already referred her to some of our friends and patients. We Love you Mary. Again, Thank you!

Profile Picture Ashlee, 4/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had a wedding in Provo for our daughter last night with about 90 guests from the US, Canada, and the island. We had two venues for the wedding - Blue Haven and the Somerset - plus a boat cruise and a beach welcome party at Bay Bistro. We relied heavily on Mary Thompson from NILA for coordinating all of the events and every detail of the wedding. Mary was an absolute godsend and truly a joy to work with. She gave us great advice for the selections of the DJ, photographer, florist, make-up artist, and pastor. And Mary really lowered the anxiety that planning and executing a destination wedding can bring. We would recommend that anyone who is planning a wedding in Turks should call NILA and ask for Mary. You'll be in wonderful and capable hands. Ken and Kim Janke

Profile Picture Ken, 1/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Having visited Provo for many years, my fiancé and I had very high expectations for what we wanted our destination wedding to look like. Mary far exceeded those expectations. We worked on the details with her for over a year, and she went above and beyond to make each of our requests a reality, from finding the perfect boat for an afternoon snorkeling excursion to showing our guests the joy of Junkanoo. While we had 90 guests, we wanted our wedding day to be very private, and we happened to fall in love with two different locations for our ceremony and reception. While this complicated the logistics, Mary did not skip a beat. She established an impeccable timeline for the entire evening and organized transportation. Mary also seems to know everyone on the island, which made the entire process so much easier for us. Finally, she is prepared to handle any hiccup that may arise: on my wedding day, I found that one of my earrings I planned to wear had broken - Mary jumped to action and was able to locate a jeweler to fix it within a matter of hours. We highly recommend using NILA and requesting Mary as your planner - the entire weekend was absolutely beyond our wildest dreams, and none of it would have been possible without Mary's incredible talent. THANK YOU, MARY!!!

Profile Picture Paige, 1/13/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary Thompson was absolutly amazing. She went above and beyond what I thought a wedding planner does. The event was completely seamless and any issues never even came to my attention. Our wedding had to be postponed due to Hurricane Irma and she drove to all the hotels we had guests planning to stay to inform me whether they were open and the condition of the hotel and the island. She was our go to for all the vendors and any questions or concerns we had she quickly responded. She was geniuene and overall cared about us and not just the event. By the end of it all she was not only our wedding planner but became our friend!

Profile Picture Alana, 11/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary was our wedding planner, i honestly cant find any words to describe how amazing she is and what a wonderful job she did for my wife and me. we cant thank her enough to made our destination wedding a perfect wedding. thank you Mary, again for all the amazing jobs you did for us.

Profile Picture Jakie, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary at Nila Desinations in Turks and Caicos was beyond my expections. She did a fabulous job on coordinating my wedding for me. She handled everything as I live in Dallas, Texas. When we arrived in Turks and Caicos , we met with her, Pastor Padmore, and David from Brillant Studios. She also personally took my grandmothers coin purse to the florist and had them attach it to my flowers the day before the wedding. She made my special day seem seamless and perfect. Thank you Mary, for giving me and Bobby, the wedding of your dreams. Your professionalism, expertise, and dedication did not go unnoticed.

Profile Picture Tracy, 7/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding planner, Mary Thompson, was more than just a vendor that worked on the planning and execution of our wedding- she was an integral part what made our special weekend a life-event that no one who was there will ever forget. Mary's professionalism, along with her high energy, helped create a seamless process with all of the other vendors who were a part of our weekend long event. Although we were strangers when we began this process, Mary is now forever a member of our extended family.

Profile Picture Margo , 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot recommend Mary at Nila Destinations enough! She was amazing. I called with unrealistic expectations that we could pull off the wedding ceremony last minute and Mary made it happen! Everything was perfect, I wish I could do it again!

Profile Picture Jill, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary Thompson was our planner and she was exceptional. From the first day, we had full confidence that she would help us pull off a smooth, fun, and memorable wedding. She's incredibly knowledgable about the people and other vendors on the island, and helped us select the caterer for our rehearsal BBQ, florist, cake baker, and others who played integral roles in our day. She really got to know us personally and our tastes, and help advise on where to spend our time and budget accordingly. On our wedding weekend, she got to know our family and friends and made sure everything went according to plan while also ensuring we were having fun. Our DJ even said it was the smoothest wedding he had ever seen. She was just the right blend of laid-back but firm. She feels like a part of our family now - it was a dream come true wedding for us, our friends and families raved about the experience, and much of that was thanks to her amazing help. We would recommend her a thousand times over.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary was such a delight to work with!

She made planning so easy for me! If I ever had any questions or doubts along the way she was always there to help and reassure me. When I first met her in person she made me feel just like family and helped put my mind at ease. The wedding ceremony and reception were both perfect! It is amazing how she made my vision come to life just through a series of emails. I could not have asked for a better experience and I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Kristine, 5/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We've been working with Mary Thompson of NILA for a year to plan our destination wedding. With us being from NYC, it would be difficult to plan something of this magnitude on our own but she has helped along every step of the way. What made us choose her was her knowledge of all the best vendors in the area. Everyone that we spoke with personally knew or knew of Mary and had nothing but positive things to say about her. We had first hand experience of why. She went above and beyond our expectations scouring the island for our crazy requests such as gold spray paint (apparently finding the only 2 cans on the entire island) and cracked coconuts. The abilty to adapt to change is also one of Mary's great qualities. Especially when our guestlist nearly doubled last minute, Mary made sure to have all options available to us. She made sure that every single one of our guests could be accomodated for during our sunset cruise. Needless to say, our beach wedding turned out better than expected from to rehearsal dinner cruise to the beach reception. She even did so much as to bring us perfect weather!! She truly is amazing. Being very detailed oriented New Yorkers, it was refreshing to have Mary put us at ease making us enjoy our moment during the best day of our lives. We will be back to Provo very soon...1st anniversary?!

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Luise from Nila is Amazing! she made the entire planning process easy and stress free. My husband and I had never been to Turks and Caicos before our wedding, so Luise recommended restaurants, bars etc. to check out in the island as well. She made our day perfect and i would definitely recommend her to to anyone planning a wedding in Turks. She knows her stuff!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Destination, Full Planning, Ceremony

Mary from Nila Destinations was recommended to me by the most incredible photographer on the island or possibly the world! I knew that from her rave reviews I wouldn’t be disappointed. Mary is one of the most incredible people I have ever had the pleasure to meet let alone work with for a year and a half. My wedding day was all but a dream in my head. I had a specific romantic yet breezy Idea for my husband and my special day. It was almost hard to even put into words. When I had my first phone call with Mary over a year before our big day, she understood my vision better than I did. From the start I was blown away! She kept me on schedule when it came to deadlines and decision making. She would just check in along the way to see how I was doing or if I had any new or changing Ideas. She also built a custom package for us and our needs. It didn’t feel like she was 1,360 miles away. She had an incredibly quick response time to my questions. She worked so closely with me and the vendors that she recommended that I didn’t have a doubt in my mind that everything would be handled. She insured me throughout the process that it was all going to be beautiful, and OH was she right. Our first meeting with Mary was awesome! She greeted me with a HUGE HUG as well as everyone else in the family! We all felt like we had known her forever. She organized the meetings with the vendors and the pastor when we got to the island; she made our rehearsal dinner reservations and didn’t skip a beat when it came to anything we needed! It was so nice to be able to enjoy our vacation and wedding and have Mary there to keep a nice organized timeline. She literally took all of the stress out of planning a wedding! It was more beautiful and seamless then I could have ever imagined. I will forever be thankful and grateful for her and all she did for our special day. If you plan on getting married in Turks and Caicos call Mary. She will absolutely make your dreams come true.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We had never been to Turks and Caicos prior to our wedding nor had we ever met Mary in person. With this being said I did have a little anxiety, until we met Maryl. From the moment we landed she was with us step by step. It felt as if we had known her for years. Our wedding was amazing, beautiful and seamless. It is a memory we will always cherish. I would high recommend using Mary Thompson and Nila. The photographer they recommended was also top notch and I would refer him as well.

Profile Picture Greg, 5/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary of Nila Destinations was my wedding planner and she was really great. She made my life so much easier, I don't know what I would have done without her. Planning a wedding from a far would have been impossible without her. During the week of the wedding Mary was always available and made my stress level drop immediately. On the day of the wedding everyone was impressed with how in control she was and how smoothly everything went. I would highly recommend Nila Destinations to anyone planning a wedding in Turks and especially Mary!

Profile Picture Briana, 9/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary is all things great! She made our destination beach wedding a breeze and she had everything perfectly handled and coordinated such that I didn't have to worry about a thing. We would highly recommend Mary for an amazing event!

Profile Picture Angie, 12/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary Thompson was beyond amazing. I was so fortunate to have her as my wedding coordinator, I really could not have done anything without her! She was absolutely perfect. I cannot say enough great things about her &/ Nila Destinations! The BEST

Profile Picture Allison, 11/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary from NILA made our wedding dreams come true. Wedding planning can sometimes be stressful especially when you are thousands of miles away and Mary made this process go by so smoothly. Mary was supportive from the first day I reached out to her to the day of our wedding. We wanted a very budget-friendly, small, intimate wedding and Mary made our visions come to life. Everything went absolutely perfect and I am so glad we decided to move forward with working with Mary. I would highly recommend NILA and Mary to anyone who is planning to have a small or large wedding on the island.

Profile Picture Giuli, 11/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Luise with NILA. From the first initial meeting we felt so confident in her knowledge. She was very personable and friendly. She had many suggestions of vendors and private villas that we might be interested in for the wedding. She spent the entire day with us, taking us to different locations and meeting with vendors. We enjoyed working with Luise and would recommend her services. The day went very smoothly and couldn't have been more perfect. We so enjoyed Luise we consider her a friend. We couldn't have done the wedding without her!!! :)

Profile Picture mandi, 11/18/16, 2 Reviews