Nila Destinations Reviews

Nila Destinations 7
  • Lauren

Lauren Ehrlich · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Mary is the BEST

My husband Eric and I were lucky enough to work with Mary from NILA for our wedding on Long Bay Beach on 5/18/19. From the minute we met her in September, she was warm, kind and utterly competent. She knew exactly what we needed and she did a truly incredible job of taking our lead and creating the event we had envisioned. Even with a few curveballs (bad weather, guests in need of medical attention) she was always steady and calming and made it all work. She even did a great job of taking my husband (who wanted to marry me, but had no interest in planning a wedding) in to account and making sure his voice was heard. She's the best and I'm going to miss her!!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Emily Ayers · Married on 06/14/2019

Highly recommend Nila!

We worked with Mary Thompson for our wedding. She was absolutely wonderful! She made us feel like we were family. Anything we needed, she helped take care of it. On the day of our wedding, she handled everything and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Mary was professional, kind, and all around wonderful! Highly recommend Mary and Nila Destinations for your wedding!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/12/2019

Our Wedding Was a Dream Come True!

I could not be more pleased with my experience with Nila Destinations. Mary Thompson was our wedding coordinator. Her professionalism and attention to detail was impeccable. Everything on our wedding day went seamlessly. I can honestly say that there isn't one thing I would change about it, and I'm not sure how many people can say that. Mary was so attentive and just took care of everything. We felt so comfortable in her hands.

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Sue

Sue Eaton · Married on 06/05/2019

Mary at Nila Destinations is wonderful!!!

Mary exceeded our expectations! Our wedding, simple as it was for just the two of us, was perfect in every way. Mary made everything easy, from the initial planning to filing the required paperwork, she was an incredible resource and so helpful during our stay. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Emmery Snyder · Married on 06/01/2019

WONDERFUL to work with!

Mary with Nila Destinations was a wonderful choice for our destination wedding! Mary was able to guide us throughout the entire wedding process and directed us to wonderful vendors, photographers, videographers, etc! Also, Mary was a huge help on our wedding day -- you don't realize how important having a wedding planner is (and all of the behind the scenes things they do) until it's your big day and you can just sit back and relax. Using Nila Destinations is a decision I would make over and over again -- they are a must have and SO much fun to work with!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Jessica Hayat · Married on 05/30/2019

Amazing Experience!

Mary Thompson was our wedding planner and she was so amazing, sweet and super attentive. She was a dream come true.. especially planning my wedding from Florida and never having been to the island before. A BIG thank you to her for all that she did!

Sent on 05/31/2019

None · Married on 05/18/2019

Check this decision off your “to do” list!

With so many decisions to make around a destination wedding in the Turks and Caicos Islands, you can simplify your life by making your first call to Mary Thompson of NILA. Every aspect of your wedding will be expertly and pleasantly handled and you will be able to relax along the way. Our entire family felt we were in great hands for our daughter’s May 18, 2019 wedding, from our first meeting with Mary. Her expertise, island contacts and experience with the very best vendors on island made it a total pleasure. Five events, over 4 days, made for A LOT of details; Mary did not miss a beat. Furthermore, we were challenged all weekend with unsettled weather testing all of us at every turn for our five outdoor events. Mary was our beacon in a storm and totally calming influence. We had amazing events (with no rain!!!!) and we have all gained a friend in Mary. Go with the best; call Mary before you begin your planning!

Sent on 05/22/2019
    Nila Destinations 8
    Nila Destinations 9
  • Beverly

Beverly · Married on 03/17/2019

Amazing Experience!

Mary at Nila Destinations is the best! We were put in touch with her when we booked our wedding package at Wymara resort. We communicated through e-mail mostly at first since it was a destination wedding for us & we weren't local. During that time she was very competent, professional, responsive, and sweet. When we arrived in T&C & met her though, she was even better in person! She took care of arranging everything between our pastor, photographer, videographer, the resort staff, & hair & makeup to ensure the only thing I was doing on the day of was getting excited to get married. Me and my husband LOVED her personality - She is such a nice, funny, sweet, & caring person. I honestly could not have had a better experience with her.

Sent on 03/29/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan Corvington · Married on 03/09/2019

Lynne and Nila for the Win

We worked with Lynne at Nila to plan our "known elopement" wedding in Turks and Caicos. If you think about the typical wedding, whether small or large, it's stressful enough... planning a destination wedding, you'd think someone was insane. Lynne made the process easy, stress free, and magical. The entire process was too simple, I almost wish there was something to stress about (kidding!). I trusted Lynne to handle everything, from start to finish. My biggest worries were choosing a cupcake color frosting, and the actual location of the ceremony. Lynne provided so many unique ideas as well, especially since we weren't having a traditional wedding with a group of people, she knew exactly what to suggest that made the day extremely catered and special to us. Our only worry about our wedding was the threat of hurricane Dorian, but Lynne kept me calm, kept me updated on island weather, and ultimately guided us through a slightly stressful time. At our actual wedding day, Lynne served as one of our witnesses (and our photographer was the second). Even though it was just my husband and I getting married on public Grace Bay, it felt so intimate, and as if we were surrounded by friends (Lynne and team), versus strangers. There's so many more wonderful thins I can say about Lynne, but this post would read too long. Choosing Nila is one of the best decisions we've made, and being paired with Lynne was a blessing. I highly recommend to anyone who wants a stress free, extremely magical and unique wedding.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Kelly Saeli · Married on 02/20/2019

Mary is amazing!

My husband and I did a 15 year vow renewal ceremony. I worked with Mary over the last 6 months to plan and coordinate our wedding. Mary was professional, courteous, responsive, sweet, and she cared that our experience was everything we wanted it to be. She also made the planning process simple; not too complicated in terms of choices and appealed to what we were ultimately looking for. I’m thinking we’ll have another vow renewal for our 20th just so I can work with Mary again!

Sent on 02/23/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 01/26/2019

Mary Thompson- meet with for wedding planning

We met with Mary Thompson to possible work with her for wedding planning. She was extremely helpful through email and we even met her in person when we were looking for venues. She was very responsive and we would have totally went with her if the venue where we had the wedding at did not have a wedding coordinator that managed that venue. If the venue/resort doesn’t already have a wedding planner I definitely recommend using Mary Thompson/NILA Destinations!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Sydney C · Married on 12/20/2018

It was perfect!

We worked with Mary planning only over email for about a year for our daughter's wedding. We were expecting it to be nice, but it was so over the top, more perfect and beautiful than we ever imagined. Mary got everything right, and then some! Everyone she recommended was just wonderful, from the caterer to flowers to hair and makeup. She took care of last minute additions and was there through the entire wedding, even making sure my daughter's dress was positioned properly before she walked down the aisle. We would highly recommend Nila and Mary!

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 12/01/2018

Absolutely wonderful!

My husband and I worked with Lynne at Nila to plan our wedding in Turks and Caicos and were blown away with how wonderful the experience was. She was so helpful throughout the planning process and as a bride who was not the most enthused about the stress of planning a wedding, I trusted most of the process and execution to her. The end result was fantastic! We had a rather large group for a destination wedding (>60) and everyone raved about how beautiful and enjoyable the wedding was. She picked excellent vendors for us, kept me calm and laughing throughout the wedding week and left us with an unforgettable experience. I promise you will not be disappointed with choosing Nila Destinations or Lynne with planning your dream wedding!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Sarah Kelter · Married on 10/27/2018

Above and beyond expectations! Made wedding planning easy!

I found NILA destinations online while looking into planning our destination wedding in Turks and Caicos. I originally planned to do most of the coordinating myself, but I am SO happy we decided to go through NILA destinations. Our wedding had approx. 135 guests in attendance, so it was much larger than most typical destination weddings. After browsing online and looking at the “wedding packages” and prices, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to enlist some help for such a large event. We wanted a nice beach wedding ceremony, but also wanted to throw a giant party and include excursions for our guests, so we were not really interested in the standard wedding packages offered. The awesome part about NILA destinations is that they tailor each wedding to the couple. Big or small, elaborate or simple, romantic or party scene… they make it exactly how you want it. This was absolutely ideal for us.

Mary, one of NILAs wedding planners, was in charge of coordinating our wedding and she was AMAZING! She went above and beyond to ensure our entire 3-day event went just as we wanted. It was so nice having someone in Turks and Caicos who knew everyone on the island and could set our minds at ease, so we could focus on other things. Upon our request, she organized an entire beach bar hop for our first activity (for approx. 80 people), which included transportation from our hotel, welcome drinks, etc. Yes, this was over the top, but it was exactly what we wanted… something different and unique. The next day she helped us host a catered pool party with local beer and food, followed by our rehearsal dinner at Da Conch Shack. Finally, she topped off our 3-day experience by executing the PERFECT beach wedding & reception in front of the Sibonne Hotel with an amazing local DJ and catering by the Kissing Fish. We did not have to coordinate with anyone other than Mary. She handled everything and kept us constantly up to date as things came together. Throughout the planning, I would come up with random requests (like a table at the reception with a polaroid camera and a last min brunch for my bridesmaids), which Mary managed to pull off beautifully. Literally, everything I came up with, she made happen… and even better than I imagined.
    In addition to coordinating all of our activities (bar hop, pool party, etc.) and wedding specifics (music, food, flowers, etc.), she initially helped us narrow down which hotel/venue was best for us based on the vibe we wanted. Then she helped us with our wedding website and RSVPs. And if that wasn’t enough, she was in person throughout the entire weekend to ensure everything was perfect. She was literally herding folks onto buses during the bar crawl, making sure my wedding party was where they were supposed to be (and on time), and even popping in and out randomly to ensure I had water or whatever I needed. I am not kidding when I say I basically just had to show up and be the bride. It was beyond my expectations.

Bottom line, my husband and I have ZERO regrets going through NILA Destinations and would specifically recommend Mary to anyone who is planning a wedding in Turks and Caicos.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Mollie · Married on 09/20/2018

Mary with Nila Destinations did an outstanding job planning our vow renewal. We had a lot of special and specific requests, and she went above our expectations to deliver an amazing and stress free event. We loved all of the vendors she recommended as well. We can't wait to go back to the Turks! My family and I highly recommend Mary, and I know you won't be disappointed. As a former wedding planner myself, I can say she really is the BEST!

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Nila Destinations 10

Sachin · Married on 09/13/2018

Mary is an absolutely amazing person!!! She was extremely flexible and accommodating to all our needs. We highly recommend her and can not thank her enough for all the wonderful memories!!! Thank you Mary!!!!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Laura · Married on 07/14/2018

My wife & I had been to the Turks & Caicos numerous times on vacation, but knew that when it came to planning our wedding in paradise, that we would need the assistance of someone who knew Providenciales intimately. Someone who was on a first name basis with the staff at each hotel, someone who could tell you impressive anecdotes from working with the Caribbean's premier florist, and someone who could take you into the home kitchen of the loveliest & most talented baker on the island.

As luck would have it, that person was Luise Bailey, from NILA Destinations.

From the first time we met Luise for a spot of lunch on the beach at Ocean Club West, she clearly demonstrated her extensive experience of running events on the island, her appreciation for its culture and people, as well as an extensive knowledge of its many unique experiences and out-of-this-world locales.

Our wedding celebration took place over the course of four days, and couldn’t have been more seamless. The year of planning however, was a bit more difficult to endure as the response rate from many of our adored vendors was quite longer than we were used to. (Of course, we are high velocity New Yorkers, and it’s quite possible that our barometer for responsiveness is a tad skewed.)

We couldn’t have asked for anything more from our wedding celebration, and are ecstatic to be reliving it through the exceptional work of our photographer. Stephen Govel. (Check out his amazing work at stephengovel.com & @govelphoto)

A huge thank you to Luise and the entire team at NILA for bringing our dream to life.
    Laura & Chris

Nila Destinations 18
    Nila Destinations 19
    Nila Destinations 20

Sarah · Married on 05/23/2018

If you are looking to have a perfect, stress-free, amazing destination wedding in Turks and Caicos, I would highly suggest having Nila Destinations coordinate you wedding. We had Lynne Watts as our wedding planner, and I literally could not have asked for anyone better. She is extremely knowledgeable about local vendors, and will never steer you wrong...which is nice when planning from thousands of miles away. Lynne was always very responsive to any emails (there were a lot!!) and a joy to chat with over the phone about more specific details. If I requested to have a specific menu item, or vendor, etc, I sent an email, and boom...done, Lynne took care of it. Once down there, we met with her a few days prior to our wedding and any remaining stress I had about our wedding was instantly gone. She had an exact plan for the sunset sail the evening before the wedding, the ceremony, and reception. Then, we get to the day of the wedding and all I had to do was enjoy my time getting ready as I knew everything was taken care of. She popped in numerous times to let me know how things were going and where/when I needed to be somewhere (and did the same for the groom). There were no glitches whatsoever (well, minus my phone suddenly deciding not to connect to my bluetooth speaker for the reception- which she solved as we were getting photos taken!) and she was the main reason why our wedding turned out amazingly. We cannot thank her enough for making this special day absolutely PERFECT!!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Deanna · Married on 05/19/2018

It was honestly an honor to have Mary from Nila Destinations as our wedding planner. She puts her heart and soul into her work and it shows. She was there every step of the way with every decision always able to direct us in the right direction. Her execution of our wedding blew us away. Every detail was perfect. She was able to take my ideas and visions and perfectly actualize it. She was also able to rally my large group, which was no easy task either. She took great care of us on the night before our wedding at our rehearsal dinner and all throughout the wedding day. I would have been completely lost without her and I shudder at the thought. I promise you she is worth every penny and even more! Mary was the perfect fit for me, my husband and our family. There is not a thing I would change about our wedding celebration and that is all thanks to Mary. She is also an amazing woman who is so caring and she is now a forever friend of ours.

Sent on 06/04/2018
  • Madison

Madison · Married on 05/19/2018

Mary helped us choose excellent vendors and made the wedding day go smoothly

We stayed at The Sands at Grace Bay and had our wedding outside by Bay Bistro. I tried to plan the wedding so that our guests would have the best time possible (about 30 people). Everything was better than I had even anticipated. We had a rehearsal boat for everyone the evening before, and then had the ceremony and reception on the beach with tents and a bonfire. Mary knew all the best vendors to choose and everything went smoothly. The flowers, food and arch were amazing, and our guests danced all night long until the last song. I had seen a picture of a fireball man I wanted to perform, and she tracked him down so I could have him surprise everyone at the party. She stayed during the reception to assist us with anything we needed and kicked out wedding crashers trying to sneak in and take advantage of the open bar (I didn't even notice there were any until someone told me after). I'd definitely recommend Mary if you're planning on having a wedding in Turks & Caicos.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Deanna · Married on 05/18/2018

It was honestly an honor to have Mary from Nila Destinations as our wedding planner. She puts her heart and soul into her work and it shows. She was there every step of the way with every decision always able to direct us in the right direction. Her execution of our wedding blew us away. Every detail was perfect. She was able to take my ideas and visions and perfectly actualize it. She was also able to rally my large group which was no easy task either. She took great care of us on the night before our wedding at our rehearsal dinner and all throughout the wedding day. I would have been completely lost without her and I shudder at the thought. I promise you she is worth every penny and even more! Mary was the perfect fit for me, my husband and our family. She is also an amazing woman who is so caring and she is now a forever friend of ours.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Alex · Married on 05/11/2018

Mary from Nila Destinations was SO helpful during our entire wedding planning process. My husband and I live in Florida and had our destination wedding in Turks and Caicos so having Mary made everything so easy and effortless. From the moment we arrived in Turks for our wedding weekend, Mary and the entire team made us feel at ease and made our day absolutely perfect. Best experience ever!!

Sent on 05/16/2018

rachel · Married on 05/05/2018

We worked with Luise at Nila and can't recommend her enough! We had a wedding with 60 people at Grace Bay Club, and while it can seem daunting to plan a wedding from a distance she made the experience completely stress free and fun. From the time we enlisted her help through the wedding day, she was responsive, proactive and super easy to work with. She handled everything from booking our band, flowers, pastor, etc. to being onsite for the whole weekend (rehearsal dinner and wedding) and coordinating all setup and day of details/logistics. On the week of our wedding, it looked like rain in the forecast for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding night, so she quickly jumped into action and made sure we had a beautiful tent and no matter what the weather did our events would still be perfect. Thanks to her, we were care free and couldn't even imagine a more perfect weekend. Luise really went above and beyond, and if we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Raluca · Married on 05/04/2018

We got married May 2018 and have been working together for a year with Mary Thompson to prepare for this. I cannot imagine having done this without her! She was very responsive and eased my every worry. She never made me feel like I was asking too many questions or worrying about silly things even though I am sure I was.We exchanged 100s of emails and many phone calls throughout the process and she was always available when I needed her and was willing to accommodate in any way. She always had our interests and wedding wishes first and worked together with us to ensure our vision came true. I have been coming to TCI for about 15 years and I thought I had been to every restaurant, Mary recommended Bay Bistro for our dinner, we went there to try it and we knew right away it was the best choice! We are so glad she recommended it, it was just perfect. She was always very organized and paid attention to every detail. We met on the island a few times before the wedding to go over everything again to make sure everyone is on the same page. This was great! She arranged a meeting with everyone, myself and my husband as well as the photographer (Ileana), pastor (Padmore) and Clive at Bay Bistro, right at the beginning of the week before the wedding and it was excellent to go over the big day with everyone on board and eased all my worries right away so I could enjoy the rest of the days before the wedding with my friends and family. Everything came together so smoothy!
    I was considering at the start of my wedding planning to do this myself as I believed I knew the island pretty well and it couldn't be that bad..... Well all I can say is I am SO glad I decided to go with Mary for my wedding planning, I would have been so lost and stressed without her. Thank you so much Mary, you are the most kind, supportive and caring wedding planner and you are amazing at what you do!
    David and Raluca May 2018

Sent on 05/16/2018

Ashlee · Married on 04/26/2018

Mary was AMAZING every step of the way. Our vow renewal was an event that we and our guests will remember forever. Mary handled every little detail for us. We will and have already referred her to some of our friends and patients. We Love you Mary. Again, Thank you!

Sent on 05/06/2018