100 Reviews for Nila Destinations

Timelines (5)
Rehearsal Dinner (4)
Event Design (2)
99 Nila Destinations Reviews

We had a wedding in Provo for our daughter last night with about 90 guests from the US, Canada, and the island. We had two venues for the wedding - Blue Haven and the Somerset - plus a boat cruise and a beach welcome party at Bay Bistro. We relied heavily on Mary Thompson from NILA for coordinating all of the events and every detail of the wedding. Mary was an absolute godsend and truly a joy to work with. She gave us great advice for the selections of the DJ, photographer, florist, make-up artist, and pastor. And Mary really lowered the anxiety that planning and executing a destination wedding can bring. We would recommend that anyone who is planning a wedding in Turks should call NILA and ask for Mary. You'll be in wonderful and capable hands. Ken and Kim Janke

Profile Picture Ken, 1/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Having visited Provo for many years, my fiancé and I had very high expectations for what we wanted our destination wedding to look like. Mary far exceeded those expectations. We worked on the details with her for over a year, and she went above and beyond to make each of our requests a reality, from finding the perfect boat for an afternoon snorkeling excursion to showing our guests the joy of Junkanoo. While we had 90 guests, we wanted our wedding day to be very private, and we happened to fall in love with two different locations for our ceremony and reception. While this complicated the logistics, Mary did not skip a beat. She established an impeccable timeline for the entire evening and organized transportation. Mary also seems to know everyone on the island, which made the entire process so much easier for us. Finally, she is prepared to handle any hiccup that may arise: on my wedding day, I found that one of my earrings I planned to wear had broken - Mary jumped to action and was able to locate a jeweler to fix it within a matter of hours. We highly recommend using NILA and requesting Mary as your planner - the entire weekend was absolutely beyond our wildest dreams, and none of it would have been possible without Mary's incredible talent. THANK YOU, MARY!!!

Profile Picture Paige, 1/13/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary Thompson was absolutly amazing. She went above and beyond what I thought a wedding planner does. The event was completely seamless and any issues never even came to my attention. Our wedding had to be postponed due to Hurricane Irma and she drove to all the hotels we had guests planning to stay to inform me whether they were open and the condition of the hotel and the island. She was our go to for all the vendors and any questions or concerns we had she quickly responded. She was geniuene and overall cared about us and not just the event. By the end of it all she was not only our wedding planner but became our friend!

Profile Picture Alana, 11/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary was our wedding planner, i honestly cant find any words to describe how amazing she is and what a wonderful job she did for my wife and me. we cant thank her enough to made our destination wedding a perfect wedding. thank you Mary, again for all the amazing jobs you did for us.

Profile Picture Jakie, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary at Nila Desinations in Turks and Caicos was beyond my expections. She did a fabulous job on coordinating my wedding for me. She handled everything as I live in Dallas, Texas. When we arrived in Turks and Caicos , we met with her, Pastor Padmore, and David from Brillant Studios. She also personally took my grandmothers coin purse to the florist and had them attach it to my flowers the day before the wedding. She made my special day seem seamless and perfect. Thank you Mary, for giving me and Bobby, the wedding of your dreams. Your professionalism, expertise, and dedication did not go unnoticed.

Profile Picture Tracy, 7/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding planner, Mary Thompson, was more than just a vendor that worked on the planning and execution of our wedding- she was an integral part what made our special weekend a life-event that no one who was there will ever forget. Mary's professionalism, along with her high energy, helped create a seamless process with all of the other vendors who were a part of our weekend long event. Although we were strangers when we began this process, Mary is now forever a member of our extended family.

Profile Picture Margo , 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot recommend Mary at Nila Destinations enough! She was amazing. I called with unrealistic expectations that we could pull off the wedding ceremony last minute and Mary made it happen! Everything was perfect, I wish I could do it again!

Profile Picture Jill, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary Thompson was our planner and she was exceptional. From the first day, we had full confidence that she would help us pull off a smooth, fun, and memorable wedding. She's incredibly knowledgable about the people and other vendors on the island, and helped us select the caterer for our rehearsal BBQ, florist, cake baker, and others who played integral roles in our day. She really got to know us personally and our tastes, and help advise on where to spend our time and budget accordingly. On our wedding weekend, she got to know our family and friends and made sure everything went according to plan while also ensuring we were having fun. Our DJ even said it was the smoothest wedding he had ever seen. She was just the right blend of laid-back but firm. She feels like a part of our family now - it was a dream come true wedding for us, our friends and families raved about the experience, and much of that was thanks to her amazing help. We would recommend her a thousand times over.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary was such a delight to work with!

She made planning so easy for me! If I ever had any questions or doubts along the way she was always there to help and reassure me. When I first met her in person she made me feel just like family and helped put my mind at ease. The wedding ceremony and reception were both perfect! It is amazing how she made my vision come to life just through a series of emails. I could not have asked for a better experience and I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Kristine, 5/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We've been working with Mary Thompson of NILA for a year to plan our destination wedding. With us being from NYC, it would be difficult to plan something of this magnitude on our own but she has helped along every step of the way. What made us choose her was her knowledge of all the best vendors in the area. Everyone that we spoke with personally knew or knew of Mary and had nothing but positive things to say about her. We had first hand experience of why. She went above and beyond our expectations scouring the island for our crazy requests such as gold spray paint (apparently finding the only 2 cans on the entire island) and cracked coconuts. The abilty to adapt to change is also one of Mary's great qualities. Especially when our guestlist nearly doubled last minute, Mary made sure to have all options available to us. She made sure that every single one of our guests could be accomodated for during our sunset cruise. Needless to say, our beach wedding turned out better than expected from to rehearsal dinner cruise to the beach reception. She even did so much as to bring us perfect weather!! She truly is amazing. Being very detailed oriented New Yorkers, it was refreshing to have Mary put us at ease making us enjoy our moment during the best day of our lives. We will be back to Provo very soon...1st anniversary?!

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Luise from Nila is Amazing! she made the entire planning process easy and stress free. My husband and I had never been to Turks and Caicos before our wedding, so Luise recommended restaurants, bars etc. to check out in the island as well. She made our day perfect and i would definitely recommend her to to anyone planning a wedding in Turks. She knows her stuff!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Destination, Full Planning, Ceremony

Mary from Nila Destinations was recommended to me by the most incredible photographer on the island or possibly the world! I knew that from her rave reviews I wouldn’t be disappointed. Mary is one of the most incredible people I have ever had the pleasure to meet let alone work with for a year and a half. My wedding day was all but a dream in my head. I had a specific romantic yet breezy Idea for my husband and my special day. It was almost hard to even put into words. When I had my first phone call with Mary over a year before our big day, she understood my vision better than I did. From the start I was blown away! She kept me on schedule when it came to deadlines and decision making. She would just check in along the way to see how I was doing or if I had any new or changing Ideas. She also built a custom package for us and our needs. It didn’t feel like she was 1,360 miles away. She had an incredibly quick response time to my questions. She worked so closely with me and the vendors that she recommended that I didn’t have a doubt in my mind that everything would be handled. She insured me throughout the process that it was all going to be beautiful, and OH was she right. Our first meeting with Mary was awesome! She greeted me with a HUGE HUG as well as everyone else in the family! We all felt like we had known her forever. She organized the meetings with the vendors and the pastor when we got to the island; she made our rehearsal dinner reservations and didn’t skip a beat when it came to anything we needed! It was so nice to be able to enjoy our vacation and wedding and have Mary there to keep a nice organized timeline. She literally took all of the stress out of planning a wedding! It was more beautiful and seamless then I could have ever imagined. I will forever be thankful and grateful for her and all she did for our special day. If you plan on getting married in Turks and Caicos call Mary. She will absolutely make your dreams come true.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We had never been to Turks and Caicos prior to our wedding nor had we ever met Mary in person. With this being said I did have a little anxiety, until we met Maryl. From the moment we landed she was with us step by step. It felt as if we had known her for years. Our wedding was amazing, beautiful and seamless. It is a memory we will always cherish. I would high recommend using Mary Thompson and Nila. The photographer they recommended was also top notch and I would refer him as well.

Profile Picture Greg, 5/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary of Nila Destinations was my wedding planner and she was really great. She made my life so much easier, I don't know what I would have done without her. Planning a wedding from a far would have been impossible without her. During the week of the wedding Mary was always available and made my stress level drop immediately. On the day of the wedding everyone was impressed with how in control she was and how smoothly everything went. I would highly recommend Nila Destinations to anyone planning a wedding in Turks and especially Mary!

Profile Picture Briana, 9/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary is all things great! She made our destination beach wedding a breeze and she had everything perfectly handled and coordinated such that I didn't have to worry about a thing. We would highly recommend Mary for an amazing event!

Profile Picture Angie, 12/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary Thompson was beyond amazing. I was so fortunate to have her as my wedding coordinator, I really could not have done anything without her! She was absolutely perfect. I cannot say enough great things about her &/ Nila Destinations! The BEST

Profile Picture Allison, 11/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mary from NILA made our wedding dreams come true. Wedding planning can sometimes be stressful especially when you are thousands of miles away and Mary made this process go by so smoothly. Mary was supportive from the first day I reached out to her to the day of our wedding. We wanted a very budget-friendly, small, intimate wedding and Mary made our visions come to life. Everything went absolutely perfect and I am so glad we decided to move forward with working with Mary. I would highly recommend NILA and Mary to anyone who is planning to have a small or large wedding on the island.

Profile Picture Giuli, 11/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Luise with NILA. From the first initial meeting we felt so confident in her knowledge. She was very personable and friendly. She had many suggestions of vendors and private villas that we might be interested in for the wedding. She spent the entire day with us, taking us to different locations and meeting with vendors. We enjoyed working with Luise and would recommend her services. The day went very smoothly and couldn't have been more perfect. We so enjoyed Luise we consider her a friend. We couldn't have done the wedding without her!!! :)

Profile Picture mandi, 11/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Luise (Lu) is a very big reason that our wedding went so perfectly! Lu helped with all aspects of the wedding: From helping to provide recommendations for vendors (Hair, make-up, and flowers - amazing!), to creating awesome welcome bags for our guests, Lu ensured we had everything we needed and made sure our requests and details around the wedding were fulfilled. She also provided help, so all of our marriage license paperwork was in order. Her day of wedding help was superb - everything went so well! Also, she set up an awesome boat cruise for us the day after our wedding, which our guests LOVED. I highly recommend Lu and NILA Destinations!

Profile Picture Natalie, 11/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Luise and her team were outstanding in servicing all aspects of our exceptional Turks & Caicos destination wedding. All of the recommendations made by Luise from the food, music, wedding location and the selection of the charming Pastor made our day unforgettable.

Profile Picture Shannon, 11/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Mary for our Turks and Caicos wedding was the best decision we could have ever made. As soon as she took over the planning, we knew we were in good hands and a huge weight was lifted. She took care of every single detail, big and small. The wedding couldn't have been more perfect. We stayed in contact throughout the entire process and she was always so reassuring that everything would be fine. She was right, everything went off without a hitch and Mary was there every step of the way. She remained calm, courteous and professional, right through the follow up.
Thank you so much Mary!
Jim and Johanna

Profile Picture Johanna, 10/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Luise and NILA destinations. I chose Luise after reading reviews on this website and had a run in with a not so responsive wedding planner on the island. She is very responsive and ready to accomadate and even work with in a budget. I sent many emails some as an anxious bride and she always responded in a day.
My husband and I had never been to TCI and she placed us at ease the day of wedding and weeks prior.
There is no way this would have been possible without Luise and her staff. Our wedding day was gorgeous. She knew exactly how to guide us to choosing the best vendors and worked with them to make sure everything was seamless. Our guests it was was one the the most fun and beautiful wedding receptions/ceremonies they attended. She was absolutely wonderful to work with; she has such a warm personality and a sense of humor. She had great advice for beach weddings and vendors. If you are considering having your wedding in TCI do yourself a favor and book with Luise.

Profile Picture User5199172, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning, Timelines, Destination

When booking a destination wedding, you need one who is willing to take your vision, sprinkle in a little reality, and ultimately deliver more than you hoped. NYLA does this every single time on every single ask!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We LOVE!!!!!! Luise at Nila!!! We were starting to work with another wedding planner on the island, simply because she was the first called (our mistake). When things got rolling the other wedding planner dropped the ball. Phone calls weren't returned, emails went unanswered. We were getting nowhere, until our photographer introduced us to Luise!! Luise is a professional. This is her business! She understood that an elegant, relaxed ,beach wedding was our goal and she delivered. She aided with excursions, transportation, reception details etc... She is on top of everything! She was upfront with costs and offered budget friendly alternatives. The professionals she chooses to work with are also exceptional. Our friends and family have been raving for weeks. We can't thank Luise and Nila Destinations enough.

Profile Picture Heather, 7/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines

I looked into two or three wedding planners 3 weeks after getting engaged and I am so glad Luise from Nila Destinations answered my initial inquiry. Luise was friendly, responsive and helpful even before I signed a contract with her. She provided me with a spreadsheet on basic breakdown of costs right from the beginning so I can see if our budget is doable and what areas can be tweaked to suit our needs. Once we signed with Luise, she immediately booked Pastor Padmore, who turned out to be totally awesome and made our ceremony so memorable. Communication with Luise over the months was easy and she provided many helpful suggestions that made the decision making process a little easier for me.

Luise arranged to have us meet with her and the pastor at our resort on the first day we arrived on the island so we can get all the paperwork out of the way. On the day of the wedding, Lu's calming presence and her behind the scene coordination was invaluable. She put out a couple of fires (that I know of) even before the ceremony started: A volleyball net was set up on the beach right where the ceremony was happening and she got it taken down (but had to put it back up afterwards). She also persuaded the policeman who was patrolling on his ATV to stop and wait just as the ceremony music started so I can walk down the aisle/sand! The policeman waited on his ATV for the ceremony to be over with before passing through. How awesome that? She stayed until the end of my reception to make sure everything went smoothly and that there were no wedding crashers.

I had so much fun at my own wedding and I didn't have to worry about anything. I cannot thank her enough!!!!!! I totally recommend Nila Destinations/Luise to any bride out there who is considering doing a destination wedding in Turks and Caicos.

Profile Picture Patricia , 6/18/16, 1 Review