Night Kitchen Bakery Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jamie W. Married on 08/13/2021

Delicious!

Our catering team included a wedding cake from night kitchen bakery. After taking a phone call with the team at the bakery, I knew that not only was this an easy decision for us, it was obviously the right decision! Everyone was so kind & helpful, and even helped us to set up multiple at home tastings so our loved ones could feel a part of the experience. All of our emails leading up to the wedding were promptly answered, and every time I had to drop by to pick some samples up the entire bakery was always so friendly & efficient!

On the day of our wedding, I could not have imagined a more beautiful cake. They say your wedding day goes by very quickly, and my biggest regret is not getting a better look at the cake because it was so stunning. The team at Night Kitchen Bakery created a beautiful floral cake for us, and I cannot wait for the professional pictures to come in so I can see all the beautiful intricate details all over again!

The only thing to top the beauty of the cake was the TASTE! My goodness, it was delicious. All our guests couldn't stop raving about it, and we were so happy to get some leftovers to take home (& freeze for our 1 year anniversary! :)). Overall, the entire time was lovely, the cake was a show stopper, and it was the most delicious wedding cake we have ever had!
  • George
    George K. Married on 08/07/2021

Delicious Wedding Cake!

I absolutely loved our wedding cake! We had 3 tiers: chocolate mocha with chocolate mousse, carrot cake with cream cheese, and chocolate mocha with raspberry. All of our guests raved about how delicious the cake was. Night Kitchen also did a beautiful job with the decoration, I provided some flowers and it was exactly how I imagined. I would highly recommend the Night Kitchen for your wedding cake!
  • Katerina
    Katerina P. Married on 10/03/2020

Absolutely Beautiful Wedding Cake

Our venue, Joseph Ambler Inn, included a wedding cake in their wedding package and we selected Night Kitchen Bakery.

There were so many different flavor combinations we tried at the initial tasting that we had to sit for a bit and make a choice. We made the request to have our two cats poking out of the bottom tier of the cake and they made that happen. It was a great way to be able to include our cats in our wedding.

(Will add pictures when I get them from my photographer)
    Mandy-Lee G. Married on 02/29/2020

Loved Our Wedding Cake

Our venue, Joseph Ambler Inn, included a wedding cake in our package and we selected The Night Kitchen from the list of vendors and we were not disappointed!

Everyone was so helpful and pleasant to deal with from our first call right up to the day of the wedding. My teenage step-daughter came with us to the cake tasting and we had so much fun deciding on the flavors as a family. It was a tough call because everything tasted so good, but we went with the AMAZING Mocha Chocolate flavor and we were also able to have the Yellow Cake with Lemon Curd as an additional flavor/tier as a bright a refreshing alternative to the chocolate.

We had a small intimate brunch wedding with only 22 guests and we had an adorable 3-tier cake that looked exactly as we had described it. We loved the way it turned out so much and I really appreciated the way they used the book-page flowers we had made as decorations for the cake.

It's been almost a month since our wedding and my sister keeps bringing up the cake. I guess I know were we are getting her next birthday cake!

Night Kitchen Bakery is wonderful and will to disappoint!
  • Jenn
    Jenn Married on 08/24/2019

I still dream about their wedding cake

I've been to more weddings than I can remember in the past few years, and I think Night Kitchen Bakery made the best tasting wedding cake I've ever had. Working with them to make our wedding cake was probably the easiest and most fun wedding task.

I really liked that their cakes are lighter (as opposed to pound cake). We got to try different combinations of cake flavors, fillings, and icings for our four cake tiers (preCOVID wedding, it fed 150 people with plenty of leftovers to spare). We ended up with mocha chocolate cake with mocha chocolate icing, yellow cake with lemon curd, yellow cake with raspberry jam, and carrot cake). They were all delicious, but my favorite was the yellow cake with lemon curd. We received lots of compliments from our guests about our cake!

Bakery staff were great, and Chef Amy was very responsive and easy to work with. They have examples of designs they have done in the past, or you could send them cake inspo pics.

We look forward to visiting their bakery again!
    Samantha Married on 06/08/2019

Delicious and great looking cake

Our venue works with Night Kitchen Bakery and it was a great recommendation. We had a five tier cake and each tier was co pertly different. The carrot cake is incredible! What I love most about Night Kitchen is that they will remake your top tier before your one year anniversary so no need to save and eat spoiled cake.
    Taylor Married on 06/01/2019

Delicious and Rich Cakes

I loved our wedding cake so much! My only issue was that we had ordered a 3 tier cake and got a 4 tier cake, but can I really complain about having more cake? Nope!
    We were able to have a different flavor for each tier which was fantastic. We had the chocolate with the chocolate mouse (to die for! So moist) and the vanilla with Raspberry Filling and Lemon Curd which is fabulous! The fondant is actually delicious (which is very rare!) and the icing is good too. Their cake was included in our venue package so we did not have to pay extra, but they are also reasonably priced for add ons like sugar flowers and designs!
  • Kathy
    Kathy Married on 04/06/2019

Delicious and Beautiful Wedding Cake!

We came to Night Kitchen Bakery through our caterer and chef Amy was so great to work with from the beginning! Our tasting was so fun and she was very open to our ideas for our decorations. I loved being able to choose multiple flavors for different tiers of our cake that suited our tastes as well as our guests. The cake came out exactly as we hoped it would and looked and tasted absolutely amazing! The sugar flower work we got was beautiful and added that extra special touch we were looking for. If you're getting married in the Philadelphia area I highly recommend Night Kitchen!
  • Victoria
    Victoria Married on 01/12/2019

Night Kitchen saved the day!

Night Kitchen Bakery honestly saved the day as far as wedding cakes are concerned. I was originally working with another bakery for my January 2019 wedding, but after months of unresponsiveness as well as inaccurate details I decided to last minute go with my gut and find another bakery. I called Night Kitchen, they got me into the bakery that weekend for a tasting in their bakery/cafe, which was AMAZING, discussed the design I was going for, and signed the contract on the spot. I was even able to drop off a paint chip sample of the color I really wanted since it was such an important aspect of the cake. Amy and the Night Kitchen were the easiest, calmest, and promptest team to work with, which was a relief after leaving the other bakery. Not to mention, the cake itself was exactly what I was picturing and so delicious. My only complaint was that there wasn't enough to take home! Highly recommend Night Kitchen to anyone in the Philly area getting married!
  • StevieLynn
    Stevie Married on 10/13/2018

Sugar Skulls and Wedding Cake

I absolutely loved our wedding cake! It was beautiful and beyond anything I could have imagined. The skull was perfect for our day, and the cake was delicious. Everyone thought it taste great. I can't wait to eat it again in a year.
  • Laurel
    Laurel Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious and full of surprises

We LOVED our Night Kitchen wedding cake! From our first tasting, we were blown away by the flavors, service and value they offer.

We had a 3-tier wedding cake with two different flavors--chocolate mocha cake and yellow cake with lemon curd. In our consultation, Amy showed us numerous designs and concepts we could choose to replicate exactly, or offered to make something custom in collaboration with the decorator. I had a basic idea that I wanted an Art Nouveau cake, but I wasn't sure what form I wanted it to take, so I brought in a full Pinterest board of inspiration. We decided to let the decorator look through our inspiration and come up with something to surprise us.

On the wedding day, I didn't see my cake until the reception, and it was such a pleasant surprise to see such a beautifully constructed cake that perfectly captured our wedding. They even used a Mucha painting, 'Laurel,' which I not only share my name with, but was my starting point for all the colors in my wedding. Perfect.

My one regret is that after cutting the cake and tasting one bite of the mocha (to die for), I was anxious to hit the dance floor, and didn't eat any more of it. Rookie mistake! I've been dreaming about that chocolate cake ever since and wish I'd had more! :) Thank you!!
    Cate Married on 09/08/2018

Our cake was beautiful

We arrived with very specific ideas for the cake. They were more than willing to work with us and matched the color to our bridesmaids dresses. The cake arrived exactly as we expected. On top of it all, the cake was delicious!
  • Desiree
    Desiree V. Married on 08/26/2018

A Cake to Remember

Our wedding cake was certainly one to remember in photos, but also in taste! Amy and the staff made the process very smooth in selecting our cake choices as well as cream fillings. She made sure that the design we had in mind for our cake was clearly executed and seeing our vision for our cake displayed on our wedding day was certainly a joyful moment! The staff at Night Kitchen Bakery are true artists and their work in the creation, beautification and quality is unmatched! Our red velvet/carrot with vanilla buttercream filling wedding cake was delectable! We enjoyed the rich taste of the cake and sweetness of the cream. Our guests raved about our wedding cake from the style and design to the delicious taste! Thanks again for the professionalism and courtesy of Amy and all staff at Night Kitchen Bakery! You all made our wedding cake dream come true with style, grace and taste!
    Monica Married on 08/04/2018
    We were extremely happy with our wedding cake from Night Kitchen Bakery! The cake itself was very moist and delicious, and we received a ton of compliments from our guests. The quality of design also exceeded our expectations. They were able to re-create almost an exact replica of the picture we gave to them. The owner was very professional and easy to work with. I would highly recommend this bakery for your wedding cake!
  • Christin
    Christin Married on 08/02/2018

Our Cake Was Amazing!

Our wedding cake was included with the cost of our catering through Company's Coming. We only had to pay $25 to add extra details to the cake that was beyond the "basics" including with the catering. I was able to draw out the cake we wanted and they recreated it beautifully!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 07/29/2018

Loved Night Kitchen!

Night Kitchen Bakery was an amazing choice for our wedding cake! There was literally NONE left by the end of our wedding day. Their cakes taste amazing, look beautiful, and the staff is so professional and helpful.
  • Katie
    Kathleen Married on 07/27/2018
    Night Kitchen Bakery was the bakery affiliated with our caterer at the Morris Arboretum. Amy was a pleasure to work with. We did a three tier cake with chocolate, carrot, and red velvet. While I didn't get to try to red velvet tier (apparently it was a huge hit! and the smallest of our tiers), the other two were DELICIOUS. There was barely any cake left at the end of the evening! I highly recommend doing a chocolate layer with hazelnut buttercream, which was so moist and delicious. She can do a variety of designs and clearly is very talented, though we opted to go with a simple pattern.

She also will do a top tier for you for your 1 year anniversary if you provide her with a photo of the cake, which I've never heard of any other bakery doing!
    Kirsten Married on 07/14/2018
    We worked with Amy to design my wedding cake for this past weekend at the Joseph Ambler Inn. The venue works with the Night Kitchen Bakery all the time and they are fabulous! They have this really cool option where you can have your entire cake served at the wedding and then the top tier can be replicated the week before your 1st anniversary instead of storing it in the freezer. This also gave us the opportunity to have more flavor options (bottom tier marble/chocolate, middle devils food/raspberry, top tier yellow with lemon curd). The cake was beautiful - exactly how I wanted it designed and they were so kind and easy to work with! The tasting/design meeting was very professional and their bakery/cafe was clean and welcoming. Highly recommend!!!!
    Jennifer Married on 07/07/2018

Guests still raving!

Guests can not stop raving about the delicious cake! It was not only the most beautiful cake I had ever seen but it tasted amazing as well! I would recommend any friend getting married to use Night Kitchen!
    Jason Married on 07/06/2018
    Night Kitchen Bakery is my new favorite bakery. Their cookies are amazing, but their cakes are phenomenal. We could select from multiple cakes and fillings to create the flavors we wanted. Amy was able to take various design elements we requested to generate a work of art. Our guests keep commenting how great the wedding cake is. My wife and I are already looking forward to the free anniversary cake from the Night Kitchen Bakery. However until then, we will go back for various baked goods.
    Janene Married on 06/22/2018
    My husband and I were looking for wedding cake vendors for our Wedding in June of 2018. We started looking for vendors really late in the planning process. We had our cake tasting with Chef Amy at Night Kitchen Bakery on May 3rd, 2018. Chef Amy and her staff were so overly accommodating and professional. They were more than welcoming and willing to create our wedding cake. We ordered our cake 7 weeks prior to our wedding and we were amazed by the finished product. My husband is not a fan of pound cake and a lot of bakeries use pound cake for large tiered wedding cakes. Night Kitchen Bakery does not use pound cake and the cake was absolutely delicious. They delivered our cake to our venue on on time as promised. We ordered our cake to feed over 100 people even though we only had 70 guests. Needless to say there was not even one piece of cake left over. My husband and I never got a slice of the cake outside of the piece we cut for pictures. We wanted to taste our cake so bad we ordered a smaller version of the cake and cupcakes when we returned from our honeymoon. We love Night Kitchen Bakery so much from this experience they have earned our business for life.
    Raquel Married on 06/09/2018
    We loved loved loved our wedding cake!! It was beautiful and delicious! I have and will keep recommending them!
    Ashley Married on 06/02/2018
    Thank you for our delicious and absolutely gorgeous wedding cake,
    When we chose PineCrest Country Club for our wedding and knew we were getting a Night Kitchen cake, we knew we made the right decision. The cake was AWESOME.
    Megan Married on 05/05/2018

Delicious wedding cake that everyone loved!

We were so happy with our cake from Night Kitchen Bakery! They are very responsive and easy to work with. The cake tasting was so fun and we decided to have two different flavors (chocolate raspberry and carrot cake) and both were so delicious. Our guests were raving about it.
    K Patrick Married on 04/18/2018

Great Service

Amy and her team were very helpful and made this process of wedding planning easy breezy. Loved the design and the cake tasted amazing.