Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company Reviews

Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 5
Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 6
Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 7

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2014

Margaret was very helpful during our one on one meetings and always calmed our nerves/answered any questions we had about our venue. We got so many compliments at the wedding about how nice the staff was and how delicious the food was!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Debbie · Married on 06/08/2014

We hired Nicole's Catering for our reception party. The prices and food were excellent and we recommend their service. A++.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Grace · Married on 05/31/2014

Nicole's Catering did my wedding this past May and they were the ABSOLUTE best catering vendor to work with! They were consistently responding back to my changes throughout the last 7 months and incredibly flexible on the menu to fit our budget. Their day of services was amazing, Margaret made sure everything was seamless. From the service, to the food, to the overall timing of events, they were completely in sync and had everything under control. I have family calling and messaging me STILL on how fabulous the food was! Each and every sirloin was perfectly cooked. We couldn't of had a more perfect wedding! Our guests claimed it was the best wedding they had ever been to and it truly was because of Nicole's! I have worked for an event planning company before and they are by far the best in the business! Thank you so much to Margaret and her Team!

Sent on 06/11/2014

janet · Married on 05/31/2014

Nicole's provided a spectacular array of hot and cold horsdoevres, as well as outstanding entrees. The bartender and wait staff were very accommodating, always there to serve you promptly. The wait staff walked around with trays of white and red wines as well as the hot horsdoevres, being sure everyone was served adequately.

Sent on 07/11/2014

Susan · Married on 05/17/2014

I just can't say enough about our experience with Nicole's. The staff was helpful, friendly, very flexible, extremely professional and, most importantly, the food was excellent! My daughter-in-law and her family have cultural dietary limitations which were accommodated beautifully. From the hand passed hors d'oeuvres through the serving of dinner right up until the last drink was served, the experience was stellar. I would highly recommend Nicole's.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Shealee · Married on 11/10/2013

Nicole’s was AMAZING! Margaret and her team are magnificent. My husband and I are into brewing our own beer and we go beer tastings often so Margaret worked with us to have a beer tasting during cocktail hour. Throughout the night Margaret recognize what our guest needed and adjusted to make the night enjoyable and fun for everyone. I had many of our guest say it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! I would have to agree the food was delicious!!! The food was just a part of what Nicole’s did for our wedding ; they set up the venue and it looked like a dream and they helped us break everything down. I can’t say enough about Nicole’s they are awesome and I would defiantly recommend them for ant event.

Sent on 11/18/2013

We used Nicole's Catering for my daughter's wedding at the Altamont Manor on Columbus weekend. Margaret was very flexible in accommodating the wedding couple's request to have "stations" instead of the traditional service at the table dinner. We ended up with a buffet arrangement as there was not enough room in the dining area for stations. Margaret was very helpful in all aspects of planning the event. The food was absolutely delicious! The pumpkin ravioli was a huge hit with everyone. The wait staff did an excellent job, from setting everything up to serving all the guests. So many of the guests commented on how wonderful the event was. I would definitely recommend this caterer.

Sent on 01/16/2014
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 09/28/2013

Top to bottom, Nicole's Catering was amazing! We felt pampered and attended to throughout the entire process, and their service throughout the entire day and night was beyond professional and attentive. They kept the venue in perfect condition, their wait staff was always on the ball, their food was amazing, and their drinks superb. If there was a complaint to be made, it would only be that too many guests took the time to tell us how phenomenal their dinner was!

Simply put: Nicole's was the perfect choice for us, and we are very thankful for having found them!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Nicole's did an AMAZING job with our wedding! Margaret was great to work with and her team executed the event perfectly. They were flexible and accomodating. We received so many complements on the food and the service. The venue was setup beautifully and the staff really made us feel special for the day. No complaints, everything was wonderful :)

Sent on 09/23/2013

Andrea · Married on 09/01/2013

I was throughly impressed by Margaret and her team at Nicole's. I was a little nervous when I realized that Margaret was not going to actually be on site during our reception and I actually marveled after the wedding about the amount of wonderful people she has working for her and how they went above and beyond for our guests. The planning process with Margaret was great and she was very patient answering our MANY e-mails, and MANY requests to make changes to the menu. She listened very carefully to all of our requests; she also helped advise us as to the best way to set-up our reception and took it upon herself to e-mail our rental company to confirm our rentals were accurate. When we decided to tie ribbon around our napkins on the tables a week before the wedding her response was no problem drop the ribbon off and they will take care of it. When we showed up on our wedding day all the guests tables had runners on them (we did not create a runner for our sweetheart table); her team decided something was missing and whipped up a quick small runner for us with our date and names written out. These are the little details that truly sets her team apart and makes Nicole's worth every penny.

Sent on 09/14/2013

The food for our wedding was amazing. From the first time we met with Margaret, she understood what we were looking for and came up with a delicious and unique fall food menu. We didn’t want typical wedding food, so she came up with pumpkin ravioli, pork and turkey with apple cider gravy. Everything was so good. Our guests are still raving about it. Nicole’s was so easy to work with. If we had last minute questions, they answered them right away. When we made last minute changes, they were flexible and so kind and accommodating. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch. The food was on time, so good and the staff was so kind.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Emily · Married on 08/25/2013

Margaret of Nicole's Catering was absolutely amazing and the linchpin in helping us make a wonderful wedding ceremony & reception. We had our August 2013 wedding at the Pruyn House, and her flexibility and familiarity with the site and other vendors (Michelle Dischiavo of Intuition Events) made the whole day go very smoothly.

Margaret was so easy-going and took our picnic / garden party theme and ran with it. My mom first spoke with her because my partner & I live in Philadelphia, and when we finally scheduled an in-person meeting with Margaret, she was completely on board and excited about our ideas. We suggested some salads and a crazy cake (funfetti), and she was just as excited as we were. She pulled yellow gingham tablecloths out of her storage and suggested other great food details (white wine sangria, jalapeno cornbread, pomegranate bbq chicken) that made us feel she really understood what we were visualizing.

Finally on our wedding day, everything went perfect-- from the wonderful team at Nicole's who was always checking in with me and offering me drinks when I was too busy to remember that I was thirsty, to the incredible cake that had my weird cat cake toppers on it, to the chicken that my cousin had three servings of, to the Stewart's Ice Cream Sundae Bar that I insisted we have for my husband. We truly could not have done it without Margaret, and I would hire her again in a second. She even coordinated with our other food vendor -- Joe of Orapello's Wood Fired Pizza. Thank you so much Margaret!!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Andrea · Married on 07/27/2013

Margaret was nothing less than AMAZING! Throughout the planning process she listened to our ideas, hopes and dreams and helped make them a reality. She was flexible, responsive and went above and beyond. Guests raved about the quality of the food not only at cocktail hour but the dinner and the dessert. We opted for a dessert bar instead of a cake. It was truly delicious! Margaret's personal attention made us feel so special and not like this was just another wedding. As my husband and I came into the venue, Margaret asked us what we would like to drink and by the time we entered cocktail hour, servers were waiting at the door with our drinks! A server also checked in with us periodically throughout the evening to make sure we had everything we needed. She even got our entire head table dessert plates from the dessert table! By the evening my bustle had slowly begun to break down and was falling out. Margaret helped me tie it back together so I could continue the evening. She truly goes above and beyond to make the night special. I highly recommend Nicole's Catering for your wedding!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Megan · Married on 03/09/2013

Leading up to our wedding Margaret was friendly, flexible, and very easy to work with. She has a ton of experience and, therefore, a lot of creative ideas about food, decorations, venue layout, and anything else you could think of. She was so flexible with every change in the menu and counts right up until the week before the wedding. I even emailed her the day before the wedding with a seating chart change and it wasn't a problem. She did so many of the things that most people would pay a coordinator for. I was crazy and wanted everyone to walk down the aisle 15 sec apart and she literally counted it out and told the bridesmaids when to go. My Aunt and cousin made our cake and she was so acccommadating on the wedding day when it came time for them to set everything up. The food was DELICIOUS!!! The mini reubens at cocktail hour were incredible and so different than normal wedding food. We heard several times that the filet was the best cooked filet they ever had at a wedding. The drinks were all excellent (not the watered down version you often get at a wedding) and she kept the wait at the bar to a minimum. The staff was so friendly, professional, and fast. At the end of the night she even put all of my frames, vases, and votives together in the back room so that I could pick them up Monday and not worry about them that night. I have nothing but good things to say about Margaret and Nicole's catering. If they are available...book them!!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Lauren · Married on 12/29/2012

Thank you Margaret! The food was delicious... people were still talking about the prime rib days after! The staff was MOST helpful, professional, and all around excellent... (it was one of the catering staff who recovered the fallen wedding ring from between two base board in the wood floor, after the ring-bearer accidentally dropped one, using a hanger and a knife. haha! quite the memory... Everything went seamlessly thanks to their experience and professionalism.

Sent on 01/10/2013

Samantha · Married on 10/20/2012

Everyone knows that one of the big things everyone remembers and talks about is the food served at a wedding. My husband and I love food and it was something we wanted to make sure was spot on for our wedding reception. Nicole's Catering was wonderful. We worked with Margaret to set up the perfect menu. While she had suggestions for what we may like, she was open to work with on any ideas we brought to the table.

The hazelnut chicken bites for appetizers (passed) were the biggest hit at the wedding as well as the mini grilled cheeses with tomato basil shooters. Everyone raved about the dinners - the filet, the salmon almondine and the stuffed eggplant. We went with a dessert bar in lieu of a wedding cake and the desserts were ridiculous -- there were these peanut butter mousse cups that were the talk of the party. We ended the night with a hot chocolate bar - where people could mix and fix their own cup of hot chocolate - with toffee pieces, marshmallows, chocolate shavings...

The professionalism shown by this company was great. Yet at the same time they were very approachable. If we were to ever have another catered event, they certainly would be our first call. I highly, highly recommend this caterer.

Sent on 11/01/2012

brent · Married on 09/07/2012

Margaret is terrific. Everything was delicious. If you want someone who will make you feel like your special and not just another bride than nicole's is your caterer

Sent on 10/04/2012

Tehra · Married on 07/30/2011

Nicole's catered our 07/11 wedding and we have heard nothing but positive feedback from our guests. taste and presentation was huge for us and Nicole's definitely delivered. They even worked with my mother-in-law, who wanted to provide some food for the cocktail hour. When our venue started to give us an extremely hard time towards the end of our planning, Margaret of Nicole's, really stepped up to help us figure various ways around the venue's unreasonableness. She always came from a place of yes and was ready to do what it took to make our wedding fantastic. Every time I saw her through out the night, she was working with a smile on her face and so was her staff.

Sent on 08/14/2011

tammy · Married on 04/30/2011

Margaret was AWESOME! Everyone loved the food, the staff was very nice and willing to help all of my guests. The wedding looked amazing, from place settings, to my favors, everything. I seriously could not have asked for a better person to run my wedding than Margaret from Nicoles. We had our flowers delivered to the venue the night before and put in the fridge in the kitchen. Needless to say I never checked the temp. Margaret showed up the next day to set up for our wedding and realized our flowers had died, froze overnight....She went out and replaced every single flower and put them in our vases herself....telling me and my husband AFTER the issue was corrected. She will always have that with me, you don't get expect a wedding vendor that will go that far and do that much for you. She truly saved our reception, center peices, photos everything! And of course the meal was close to the best food I'd ever had. They have a restaurant in Albany, try it for yourself, then talk to Margaret.

Sent on 05/24/2011

Malin · Married on 10/17/2010

Margaret and her team from Nicole's Catering put on a beautiful fall reception for our October wedding. Margaret was great to work with and went above and beyond to make our day special, all at the most competitive prices in the area. After the amazing appetizer spread, Nicole's treated our guests to a beautiful fall buffet and although the speeches ran a bit long, the food was fresh and piping hot even for the last table. Our guests are still raving about the fall spread, especially the beef tenderloin and pumpkin ravioli...yum! The servers were all so friendly, efficient and accommodating, making us feel very cared for. Nicole's team is top notch and will offer you a truly memorable evening.

Sent on 02/15/2011

Celia · Married on 08/08/2009

Margaret and her staff at Nicole's went so far above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was exactly what we envisioned. I cannot say enough about how well they handled our event--from beginning to end it was beyond anything we expected. Nicole's became more than just our caterer...they coordinated rentals, helped us design the look and feel of the day, and then executed the entire setup with professionalism and efficiency. They even stepped up and took over when some of our other vendors fell short.

The food was all delicious, and the service was second to none. Nicole's really delivered the total package - and at a cost that in all my research I couldn't beat. I would definitely recommend Nicole's again and again!

Sent on 09/03/2009

kathleen · Married on 05/17/2009

We got married at the Appel Inn on May 17, 2009 and used margaret from Nicoles and her excellent team for our reception. The attention to detail and the spectacular food was the hit of the reception. From the appetizers to the cutting of the cake everything went smoothly, on time and the set up and clean up were flawless. Margaret was extremely knowledgable about the ordering and arranging and offered very helpful suggestions. I would highly recommend Nicoles for any wedding or catered event based on their true professionalism.

Sent on 10/29/2009

Ann · Married on 05/09/2009

Margaret Carciobolo of Nicole's Catering was a pleasure to plan with. I live in NJ but was having my wedding in Saratoga so we did most of the planning through frequent phone calls and emails. I only had to make one trip upstate which was a treat because she fed me at her restaurant (oh, did she feed me!).
    The guests are still raving about the food at our wedding (it was almost 2 years ago). It was not only incredibly delicious, and exactly as hot or cold as it needed to be, but it was SO beautifully presented. She worked pure magic with our budget, and her staff was attentive and very caring.
    As if the Best Catered Food I've Ever Experienced wasn't enough to recommend her on, where Margaret set herself far, far, apart was in the setup and planning of the ceremony, the cocktail hour, and transition to the reception. Before the ceremony she asked me who my wedding coordinator was and I pointed to myself. She immediately went into action, handing my programs to her staff to distribute, getting buckets of water for my florist, cueing the string trio and even walking my father and I to the start of the aisle, saying "Wait, wait, ok breathe, now go!" and sending us on our way. She looked after my husband and I personally, all through the reception and at the end of the evening we left for our after-party with packed sandwiches and little treats to sustain our heartiest guests until near-dawn. I can't imagine a better experience!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Jessica · Married on 07/20/2008

Margret did a wonderful job putting together a menu for us. The guests raved about the passed hors d'oeuvres.

Sent on 08/11/2008

Tara · Married on 05/26/2018

Margaret and everyone from Nicole's that we encountered were amazing to work with!
    The food was great- everyone commented on how much they loved it. They were great to work with- from Margaret who went through the whole planning process, to every waiter and bartender who worked at the wedding- they were all a pleasure to meet and work with.

We would highly recommend Nicole's for catering!!

Sent on 09/21/2011