Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company Reviews

Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 6
Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 7
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 06/15/2019

Delicious, restriction friendly, and incredibly helpful

Working with the team at Nicole's was like having another wedding coordinator. They were so helpful with not just the food, but also the setup of the event, the timing of the day, and much more. They wanted to make our day come true and offered advice and ideas on how to save money and still have an amazing experience. And oh yeah, the food was AMAZING. Guests have still been talking about it nonstop. As bride and groom, we were well taken care of throughout the night and felt as though all our needs were met wonderfully. My wife and several guests have celiac disease, so they were able to do 95% of the wedding entirely gluten free which was wonderful so everyone got to experience and taste what they are capable of.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/15/2019

Hire Nicole's to cater your wedding!

We are beyond happy with our catering from Nicole’s - both the food and the service were top notch. Their package also includes all rentals (silverware, plates, glasses, linens) which helps save money. We had our wedding in my parents’ backyard with the reception under a tent that we rented. Nicole’s did an excellent job coordinating the day with the tent company that we used. They did a ton of work behind the scenes, making it easier on us from a planning perspective. The food was excellent, especially the passed appetizers. Highly recommend the bacon-wrapped dates and the manchego-stuffed peppers!

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • McKinley

McKinley · Married on 06/08/2019

Best day of our lives

My husband and I had the best wedding day ever. We were so thankful to have Nicole’s as our caterer for our big day. They were the caterer but SO much more. They took care of everything leading up to the wedding and the day of. We worked with Kate leading up to the day of and she was so amazing. She helped me with so much and continuously went out of her way to make sure I had everything I needed. On the day of the wedding, we had Monica with us and she was outstanding. She was so organized and professional. The whole entire staff was so attentive to ours and all of our guests needs. We never needed or wanted for anything. We just automatically had what we wanted before we even knew it. Oh, I should also mention, the food was incredible! We also did our rehearsal dinner with Nicole’s and everything was great. All of our family raved about the food. Thank you so much to Kate, Monica, and the entire Nicole’s Catering staff. You folks were so much more than a catering company. You were our wedding planners, our friends, and one of the greatest parts of our day. Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 06/24/2019
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 8

Casey · Married on 10/20/2018

The Daly’s

We were not disappointed! Margaret, Kate, Sarah and staff were a pleasure to work with. Margaret customized the menu to our liking incorporating our nationalities within the food served. The service and food were EXCELLENT!!! My guests raved about our menu!! Margaret was also very detail oriented right down to the vintage mismatched China place settings that I adored! I can not recommend Nicole’s Restaurant and Catering enough!!!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Rachel · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolute Rockstars

The Nicole's team was absolutely incredible. Tina made sure that my husband and I as well as our parents always had drinks and food. She kept things moving along and running on time. The things this team did were just amazing. The day was perfect in large parts to them!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Elisabeth M · Married on 10/20/2018

Everyone was raving about the filet!

Nicole's has the best food and the best team! Our guests have not stopped telling us how much they enjoyed their dinners (especially the filet!). Everything was delicious and ran smoothly. Kate was a LIFESAVER throughout the entire wedding planning process and the wedding day. She made sure I never had an empty drink in my hand and she is a bustle expert :-) The Nicole's team was fun, professional, and we highly recommend them!! Couldn't be happier with the service and the food.

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/07/2018

Nicole's food was tremendous. They nailed it in every way. The service was amazing. Kate exactly understood the food, drinks ,and atmosphere we wanted to create.They had drinks full all night ,and guests were all amazed by the food quality. It didnt diminish at all with a 110 person headcount. They absolutely helped bring my entire vision to a reality. I couldn't if done it without them. I cant say enough except you would be crazy not to hire them.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Laura · Married on 08/19/2018

We can’t say enough about how amazing Nicole’s was to work with...from the planning to the delicious food, they got every detail right. After we sat down with Kate and explained what we wanted, she helped us customize the perfect menu to fit our style and love of barbecue. Our guests are still raving about the food (especially the chicken and waffles, pulled pork sliders, and grilled cheese and tomato soup shooters!). The day of, Kate and the rest of the staff made sure everything ran smoothly and we had the most perfect day. They were so friendly and attentive and made sure we always had everything we wanted or needed, and our guests had an amazing time. Thank you Kate and Nicole’s!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Katelyn · Married on 08/18/2018

Our wedding was at the NYS Museum this past August. There were a few specific reasons we chose Nicole’s over others, the most important to us was their utmost attention to detail. When we started this process I called another large, well-known catering company in the area and they basically pushed me off the phone and simply sent me an e-mail that had a pdf of over 100 pages on it and never followed up. Nicole’s was the total opposite, they literally sat down with us and discussed our plans/vision and afterwards sent us a very detailed menu proposal. For 18 months, we must have met/spoke a dozen times. They were always flexible to any changes we wanted to make and provided us so many great ideas/options for anything we were unsure of.
    Kate B. and Sarah C. went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make sure our day was absolutely perfect. Their passion truly shows through their work. We cannot recommend them enough- times a million!

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 9
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 10
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 11
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/11/2018

Nicole's catered our wedding at Pat's Barn and the whole crew was fantastic. Not only was the food and service amazing, but they also took care of all the set up and coordination on the wedding day. Big props go to Kate who not only helped us plan everything from across the country (we live in California) but who also took care of our last minute changes a few days before. Everyone involved went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how delicious everything was. If you are going to get married in the capitol region, Nicole's is the way to go!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Maria · Married on 08/11/2018

My wife and I had an exceptional experience with Nicole's. Margaret and her team not only took care of us and all of our many requests from the first day of our process, but they did so with an awesome sense of professionalism and a positive attitude. We went for a tasting at their restaurant in Albany where met everyone on the team - incredible people with a true desire for what they create: delicious food. Our Day Of experience with Nicole's was next level amazing. They NAILED our entire wedding with gorgeous displays, remarkably delicious food that had all the guests raving, and an unparalleled sense of attention to both detail and to our guests! My wife and I felt like celebrities and so did our families. My mother didn't have time to prepare her own plate, so a server pulled her aside and provided her with one to be sure she ate. We also had an issue with the stove that had been delivered for Nicole's making their job about a million times more difficult - but I only know this in retrospect. I had no idea Day Of as they made it work flawlessly and without complaint. Cocktails: my brother is still talking about their "perfect" Blood Orange Old Fashioned and I'm still dreaming about their margarita. Every single server's smiling face at our reception set the tone for the night, which was the best night of our lives. Stars upon stars for this dreamy team!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Delaney · Married on 07/13/2018

Working with Nicole’s honestly made everything so easy on the wedding day! In addition to being caterers, they also assist with some elements of coordinating the wedding and making sure the day flows smoothly. And of course, the food was delicious and they were able to customize everything for us!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2018

I was a little worried about how everything would run considering the caterer was offsite but they did such an amazing job I don’t think anyone knew they weren’t a part of the venue. Their team was so attentive and friendly. They took care of setting everything up and breaking everything down. They were very responsive and thourogh in their planning meetings as well. Absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Malarie · Married on 06/16/2018

My husband and I got married at Burlap and Beams in Athol, NY in June 2018 and we used Nicole's Restaurant and Catering for our wedding. Words cannot describe how amazing the catering staff was!! Sarah was our event coordinator and she made sure everything was perfect and she succeeded! Her calm demeanor helped myself and my husband remain calm prior to the start of the ceremony! The food was so delicious, our guest are still raving about it! The food was also pleasing to the eye! Everything was beyond perfect and one main reason for this, is because Nicole's Restaurant and Catering made it that way!! They went above and beyond what most catering companies would do. From setting up our lawn games, to coordinating our bridal procession order, to making sure myself and my husband had a snack or drink in hand! Saying they were perfect is an understatement! I would recommend them to anyone for any occasion!

Thank you so much for everything!
    Mr. and Mrs. Chant

Sent on 08/11/2018

Deirdre · Married on 10/28/2017

The food at our wedding was to die for! This was no surprise, as we had a thorough tasting before to make sure everything was perfect. The whole staff on the day of was attentive not only to me but every one of my guests! They helped make my best day ever, perfect!

Sent on 11/01/2017
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 12

anne · Married on 10/21/2017

Fantastic food and elegant service! Sarah Carricbolo was our Service Captain and REALLY LISTENED to everything we wanted to project. She artfully created an ice cream sundae (build your own) dessert bar that was delicious and stunning to look at! Our guests RAVED about the food...filet mignon, grilled salmon, chicken parm, and portobello mushroom veggie tower...everyone was thrilled! Passed hot ordeurves and mediterranean farm table made cocktail hour elegant and fun. Servers constantly rotated among tables to pour a wonderful selection of wines and Sarah was over-seeing everything the entire, fabulous night! Who knew a tented reception could be so dazzling and elegant? Thanks Sarah!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

It's so rare that people leave a wedding saying "everything was perfect." But after our wedding, all we kept hearing was "the food was perfect, the service was perfect, the menu was perfect...everything was perfect." Nicole's is INCREDIBLE. From beginning to end, they were on our team. They were so thoughtful, helpful, and accommodating and FUN to work with! Sarah was our event coordinator and she totally got what we were going for. We always felt like we were in good hands. Oh, and people cannot stop talking about the steak...would highly recommend. Thank you, Margaret, Sarah, and the Nicole's team for making our wedding so perfectly delicious!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Jenna · Married on 10/13/2017

Nicole's Catering went above and beyond our expectations for our wedding, and our coordinator Kate was outstanding!! All of our guests have been still RAVING about how delicious the food was! The staff was so professional through the entire planning process, especially on the actual wedding day. We loved being able to customize our menu to our taste & style. Our signature drink was a HUGE hit and the way everything was executed was absolutely perfect. We cannot thank you enough for all that you did to help make our wedding everything we hoped and dreamed it would be!

Sent on 11/06/2017
  • Kerri

Kerri · Married on 09/30/2017

Nicole's worked with us to get everything we wanted. They basically provided everything we needed for a fair price. The staff was so amazing the day of our wedding, super sweet and attentive. And the owner made sure everything went off without a problem. Would definitely recommend!!! They were amazing every step of the way.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Eileen · Married on 09/23/2017

There is literally nothing I can say about Nicole's that isn't fabulous. From the first time we met with Sarah and Margaret until our big day, everything was top notch. They are both awesome. Honest, pleasant and SO FUNNY and FUN.
    Sarah made me giggle SO MANY TIMES in the months that led up to our big day. She took my worries away and gave us the gift of a special day we will always remember.
    We renewed our vows after 30 years, and having never had a real wedding the first time, wanted to have something memorable and fun for our family and friends.
    This day was everything I had hoped for and more and the price was more than reasonable.
    We had the most delish menu with an off the charts cocktail hour with delicious displays a mac and cheese and meatball bar and hand passed nibbles like mini Reuben's with Guinness shooters .
    We had a fabulous signature drink- the "Apple of my eye Sangria" which packed a punch!
    Every single person I asked told me that the food was insanely delish. One person said, "I even ate the Brussels sprouts and wanted to lick the plate"! The food was that good!
    Sarah and her team were always there offering us food and drink, even spiriting us away for a little quiet time before dinner for some appetizers and drinks so we could catch our breath.
    Everything looked incredible and fancy and luxurious. The tables looked stunning and the bars were set up perfectly.
    Sarah even brought her fun light up "bar" sign.
    We also had a crazy delish chocolate fountain- rivers of molten chocolate with delish dippers and Sarah set up the most memorable candy bar I have ever seen! My guests LOVED everything about the day!
    This is the BEST caterer is the upstate area. I HIGHLY recommend them for ANY special occasion. They also have a fabulous dinner menu at Nicole's on Delaware Avenue.
    Check them out! You wont be sorry!
    Thank you Margaret and especially Sarah!!

Sent on 12/07/2017
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 17
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 18
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 19

Caitlin · Married on 09/02/2017

We selected Nicole's catering for our outdoor farm wedding (of 200+ people!). I had a few other vendors lined up, but as soon as I sat down and talked with Margaret, I knew she was the person we needed to host our event! From the very beginning, she was so confident, provided so much insight and really helped me relax knowing that things were in her capable hands. I knew the event was in good hands and how right I was. Margaret, Kate, Sara and the rest of the team were awesome to work with. They were accommodating, super helpful, responsive and their value simply cannot be beat. Tons of people came up to me on my wedding night and told me the food was "the best wedding food" they've ever eaten. I totally agree, the food was out of this world. They are SUPER affordable and so professional. I wouldn't work with ANY other capital region caterer, Nicole's is simply the BEST. Do yourself a favor and don't look for one more minute, Nicole's Catering should be your vendor of choice!

Sent on 10/02/2017
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 20
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 21
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 22
    Nicole's Special Events & Catering Company 23

Laura · Married on 03/25/2017

Nicole's Special Events and Catering is beyond perfection. I have lived in Manhattan for 11 years and have traveled to many places in the word and have seen some of the finer things in life. Nicole's Special Events character, style, food and overall atmosphere they create is nothing but perfection and the best I have ever seen.
    My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better team. They made our day go smooth and fabulous through the entire process. They are the reason our wedding was perfect! I stayed calm and enjoyed every second of the day and I know it was because I knew they had my back and was making it happen.
    I knew how great they were as the entire engagement process with them was wonderful and it put me at ease and fully trusted there team.
    The food was delicious from every element. Sarah is the master at setting cocktail hour displays that she is so excited to create. I know they say as a bride you never eat the entree, I ate the entire thing, it was so delicious, hot and flavorful. Highly recommend the NY Strip with Gorgonzola crust.
    Tina was great at catering to our needs and getting us our speciality cocktails throughout the party. She even brought out appetizers to us while we were taking photos after the ceremony. It's all in the small details.
    Kate cleaned the bottom of my dress twice so I could get amazing photos outside, while it
    Drizzled. She also had great decor ideas and met with us a few days before the event to go over all details.
    Sarah: Where can I begin about how amazing she was. She has been there through it all and comforted me and got me cucumber water even with a straw before the ceremony. She also held my dress down the stairs for me and literally took care of every element through our day!
    Margaret was a pure joy to work with and we really appreciate her catering to our parents throughout the evening. We can't say enough on how well she runs her business.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Margaret and her entire team were nothing short of amazing, from our first conversation to the end of the wedding. The food was fabulous and the venue looked so pretty. The attention to detail and little touches were so great. There wasn't a moment that evening that people weren't asking if we needed anything. We got so many compliments on the food and the staff. There isnt one thing i would change. I highly recommend Nicole's catering for your wedding day.

Sent on 11/12/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/09/2016

Nicole's was AWESOME! Many of our guests told us that this was by far the best food they have EVER had at a wedding, which should tell you all you need to know!

Margaret and Faith were both incredibly helpful through the whole planning process, starting by hearing our vision and plan, and then providing a wonderful menu proposal that matched exactly what we were thinking (but even better!) We did not want the standard steak or chicken wedding menu (though Nicole's could do that do and it would be way better than your average wedding dinner)--but Nicole's easily took our vision and ran with it.

We asked for a few custom tweaks and changes that they easily provided. Just reading the menu made our mouths water! As others have said here, if you have a fall or winter wedding, go with the pumpkin ravioli--our guests absolutely loved it. However, trust me--your guests will love everything. People literally were coming up to us all night long raving about the food--and not just the standard compulsory "great food" compliments--people said over and over "this is the BEST wedding food we have ever had."

Beyond the food, the service that Tina and team provided was beyond spectacular--just incredibly superb--it was as if the staff could read our minds, not only in terms of timing and serving, but in terms of set up, etc. Tina constantly checked in with us to ensure that we had food, we had drinks, and just to see if there was anything that she or the staff could help with. Simply put, their staff are professionals of the highest quality, from bartenders to servers, to chefs and beyond.

We HIGHLY recommend Nicole's. If you want to really, really impress your guests---book Nicole's.

Sent on 10/23/2016