Nicholas Griner Photographer Reviews

51 | Columbia, MD

51 Reviews for Nicholas Griner Photographer

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 04/21/2012

I just received my album and video tape from Nick Griner. I can't even explain how beautiful they both are. Nick and his team took over 2000 pictures that I had to choose for the album. Nick worked with me to help create my album and I couldn't have been more happy with the outcome.

Nick photographed my sister’s wedding 5 years ago and he did a great job, so there was no question who I was using. He was flexible with the price and worked within my budget, but didn't cut any corners.

I hire a professional Videographer and received my DVD's before Nick sent me his. My husband and I thought that the overpriced Videographer did an ok job. During one of our meetings with Nick he asked if I had hired a Videographer yet. I told him yes, but what was the price? Nick was able to work into my package his Videographer, so I agreed. Let me explain how amazing this Video was!!! It was exactly how my husband and I remember the night. They picked the perfect songs to go with the video and I couldn't stop smiling. It was truly amazing. My husband and I were so happy that we went with Nick’s Videographer. That is the one that we will be showing our family and friends.

I know how crazy it is trying to find any vendor for your wedding. No matter what you will always be wondering...Will they do a good job...will they show up...am I getting the best deal...am I going to like the outcome. Please understand this, with Nick and his team you won't have to worry about any of those questions.

Nick--I can't thank you enough for all of my memories! You captured the true love that I have for my husband, family and friends. You are amazing at what you do and thank you for being a part of my special day. I'll remember it forever because of you.

Sent on 01/17/2013

Diane · Married on 10/08/2011

My husband and I selected Nicholas Griner for our wedding photographer after he was recommended by our wedding venue, the Hillsborough winery. What an excellent choice!

I was a little worried about the wedding pictures, that photographs would be an ordeal, because my husband hates having his picture taken. Nicholas and his assistant were great. They were calm, relaxed, and not at all intrusive during the "getting ready" phase, and Nicholas had a great sense of humor that put everyone at ease. The group photos were efficient and nearly painless, and we ended up having a great time taking informal group shots with the wedding party.

When I saw the photos, I was totally blown away. Years later, I still get compliments
    on various photos we printed and framed. The photos are just breathtaking, and captured both the key moments of the ceremony, and fun candid photos of the reception. I was impressed by how the photos really captured the personalities of the wedding party and guests.

Beyond the quality of the photos, I was very impressed by Nicholas's customer service. He always responded to emails promptly, returned calls, made paperwork straightforward, and really seemed to care about our customer satisfaction. After the wedding, he got the pictures to us quickly. When it took my husband and me well over a year to figure out EXACTLY what photos we wanted in the wedding album, he was patient and friendly, and sent us the wedding album promptly after we finally selected the photos.

I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a friendly, low key, and gifted wedding photographer!

Sent on 04/24/2014
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/01/2011

Nick is an amazing photographer. He is extremely organized, professional and easy to work with. He had a variety of packages from which we could choose and has options that fit every couple's taste and budget. I could go on and on about the great quality and creative photographs he takes but I think his portfolio speaks for itself! He really captures the moment and will give you photographs that match the lifetime memories you create on your special day.

Sent on 10/16/2011

Melissa · Married on 08/06/2011

Nick Griner was awesome to work with. After a TON of research and meeting with only 2 photographers, we knew he was the perfect fit for our needs. Photography was the one area we were willing to splurge in order to have a high quality album and pictures. Now, a bargain shopper at heart, I was amazed at how inclusive and affordable Nick's wedding packages were. He was also very flexible in modifying packages as needed. This really set him apart from other photographers. His packages included the album as well as copies of the pictures on a DVD. Personality wise, he was very confident, down to earth and direct. He even offered to help with the organization/schedule of the evening events in order to keep the rest of our vendors on the same page. He brought a 2nd photographer (as arranged in our package) and it was great to get so many awesome pictures from 2 different perspectives. While Nick may have captured a more formal picture of the wedding party, his partner captured it from different angles, as well as other close-up candids. I highly recommend requesting 2 photographers. Our pictures were great, Nick was even willing to stop traffic, LITERALLY, to get the best shot! Our album turned out absolutely beautiful. I am in the time of my life, where everyone and their brother is getting married. Anytime they ask (or even if they don't!), I always suggest Nick.

Sent on 07/09/2012

Martha · Married on 07/03/2011

Nick Griner took photos for our wedding this past July in Baltimore. He was great to work with throughout the whole process even while I was trying to plan everything from 1700 miles away. He asked great questions and really helped us when it came to figuring out what pictures we wanted and how the reception was going to flow. When the pictures came back I can't begin to tell you how in love with them we are. I can't help but pour over them from time to time and just remember what a beautiful, memorable, and FUN night that was. Many, Many thanks to Nick and his team for truly capturing our day. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 12/15/2011

Erin · Married on 06/24/2011

Nick was the best photographer! He met with me and my husband and answered all of our questions. he has high quality equiptment that results in beautiful pictures. He was quick and efficient in getting all family members organized and to the right spot for group photos which can be challenging so you can actually enjoy your wedding day and not spend the entire time taking pictures. He was funny but did not get in the way; I didn't even notice him taking pictures yet there were so many great shots. He is very responsive and gives you exactly what you want. His prices were also extrememly reasonable and flexible - you get a lot for your money. One of our pictures was even chosen to be hung in our venue (Hillsborough Vineyards) because it was so good. He is such a great photographer we are having him take photos of our daughter when she is born in October! I would highly recommend using Nick as your wedding photographer.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Sue Ellen · Married on 12/18/2010

Nick was wonderful!

Very easy going, always responsive, flexible and non-intrusive. He did a great job in catching moments you will want to cherish forever.

Our church only allowed 15 mins for pictures inside and although it was a short period of time, Nick was efficient and got all the pictures we wanted. They looked great!!!

Thanks Nick for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 02/18/2011

Lisa · Married on 07/10/2010

Nick was easy to work with and even very helpful with planning the entire wedding! He was never judemental. No question was ever stupid. He researched places before-hand where we could take pictures so we didn't waste time wondering what or where we should go. Nick also knew how to pose us and worked with our personalities which shows in the pictures. He also worked around our schedule to meet with us for all planning meetings. Nick was prompt in returning phone calls and emails. I reccommend Nick for all events. Nick rocks!

Sent on 09/20/2010

Ren · Married on 10/31/2009

My husband and I were actually considering not having a photographer at all at our wedding until we met Nick. We were sick of overpriced, overhyped, and overly complicated packages with confusing contracts and pressure. Within meeting minutes of meeting him, we knew Nick was different. He was organized, professional, and experienced. At the same time, he was relaxed, thoughtful, and willing to adapt his services to exactly what we wanted. Nick was also willing to work with our budget and gave us full rights to our picture files - an agreement we did not find with any other photographer we contacted and really sealed the deal for us.
    At the wedding, he captured an exceptional variety of traditional and non-traditional pictures, and was accessible the entire evening for impromptu requests. Several of our guests commented that they enjoyed his approach to his task for the day - even the huge extended family pictures went smoothly and effortlessly.
    When we first saw the pictures afterwards, we were amazed by his ability to capture not only the people and events of the day, but also the details and flavor of the venue and season. His creativity and artistic eye shine through our pictures and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out.
    On top of all of that - Nick is an all around fun guy who we were glad to have at our party and part of our day.

Sent on 01/12/2010

Erica · Married on 10/17/2009

Nicholas was wonderful and the photos were great despite the rain! Thanks so much Nicholas!

Sent on 01/12/2010
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 10/03/2009

My husband & I used Nick for both our engagement photos and wedding. Nick was amazing – he has such a creative eye – we got shots that really showed our personalities and captured the true spirit of our wedding. He took magazine-worthy shots of all the things and people that were special to us; especially the personal touches we used to make our wedding truly unique. The photos turned out better than I ever could have imagined – it’s nearly impossible to pick which ones to have printed. Nick made sure we had plenty of photos to remember our special day, and I’d recommend him to anyone for any type of event.

Sent on 01/06/2010
  • Brooke P

Brooke · Married on 08/10/2009

Nicholas Griner Photography ROCKS! Nick did an amazing job at my destination wedding in August 2009.

All emotions of the day were captured by Nick's great skill and eye for a great shot. Since we had a destination wedding, it was extremely important to us to have pictures that captured the moments for people that weren't able to travel to our wedding. Everyone we've shown our pictures to have said they felt like they got to join in on the ceremony and fun reception!

Nick traveled far to the Dominican Republic with all of his equipment and acted like it was no big deal at all. Truly a professional! I was very comfortable telling him what shots I was thinking of and he gave me great advice and suggestions as well. My husband dislikes being photographed, but he didn't mind it with Nick! Nick was just shooting away, but it seemed like he wasn't even there. Nick got all the shots I asked for (and more!) and we even did a "trash the dress" photo session the morning after the wedding out on the beach!

His services and professionalism went above and beyond and his calm demeanor put me at ease. He was always very responsive and was timely in sending me the pictures. I was in awe when I saw his work. Looking at our pictures brings us great joy and makes me feel like I am reliving it all over again. I could go on and on, but as you can see by his work, he is an outstanding photographer and a truly likeable person......

Sent on 10/16/2009
  • alain

alain · Married on 06/06/2009

nic was fabulous. he was quick with writing my husband and i back via email, and he was super professional. I have not yet seen the pictures from our wedding, but i have no doubt that they will be wonderful. i would recommended him to anyone getting married.

Sent on 07/01/2009

Christina · Married on 06/21/2008

Excellent photos. My husband and I and our families are extremely happy with the wedding photos Nick took. We will definitely recommend him in the future. Very professional in dress and conduct and has always responded back quickly when contacted. He was very flexible in his schedule for the wedding day with the trip back and forth from the church to the house and back to the church.

We will give Nick the highest recommendations for anyone wanting photography done.

Sent on 08/19/2008

Erica · Married on 12/29/2007

Working in PR in the Baltimore area, I have admired Nick's work as a photojournalist. After our first consultation, I knew he would be able to handle 9 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, 5 groomsmen and a very Italian mother-of-the-bride.

Nick was able to keep everyone on task and schedule throughout the entire day. He managed the entire party with a great sense of humor. The posed pictures were painless and he made a point to make sure everyone was having fun. That spirit was captured in all of his photos. My wedding party continues to comment about how great Nick’s demeanor was and how special he made us feel about the day.

Aside from his professionalism as a photographer, his work speaks for itself. I continue to relive the day and remember the joy, emotion and absolute blast we had with every picture. The only complaint I have is that I now have to sort through all of the pictures and pick my favorites for an album…and I have too many favorites. When picking a photographer, it is important to remember that the day flies by. Everyone warns you that it will, but it isn’t until you are saying your goodbyes at the end of the night that you realize it! Your photos will be how you enjoy your special day over again for the rest of your life…you want to be sure that you have the best, while considering budget. Nick fulfills the best of both worlds with fun, beautiful shots at an affordable price!

Sent on 01/30/2008

Jayson · Married on 10/27/2007

I first worked with Nick in my professional career as a public relations consultant with one of the leading agencies in Washington, DC. Nick always handled stodgy executives with ease and his professionalism and quality of work was second-to-none. So when it came time for my wife and I to get married, I knew that he was the photographer we would use. What I didn't know was how much fun and organization he would bring to the entire process.

It started with an initial consultation where Nick went over all the details that a photographer can only know after years of experience. He brought up so many things that my wife and I had not thought of and he laid out our options in a manner that made the decisions simple for us. Nick was the first vendor that we met with in our wedding planning process and he brought a level of enthusiasm to the initial consultation that got things off to an exciting start.

As the planning process moved forward, Nick would check in at strategic intervals. He wanted to stay abreast of all our evolving arrangements, in order to adjust his strategy for our special day accordingly.

The final planning session, which took place a few weeks before our wedding, was extremely detail-oriented. Nick made sure that he reviewed and cataloged every shot that he needed to get on our wedding day; he checked and re-checked times, locations, addresses and all the names of everyone in our wedding party; he asked about the personalities of our guests so he knew what to expect at the reception; he made artistic suggestions that we never would have imagined. The list goes on and on.

On our wedding day all of Nick's preparation unfolded seamlessly. He arrived at my wife's parent's house early to take photos of her getting ready. Those shots captured the beaming excitement of my bride on the morning of her most special day. Then onto the church where he snapped shot after shot of every last moment leading up to the final kiss and the sounding of the bells. After the ceremony, Nick captured all the traditional shots with family and friends. But is was the time that he spent with my wife and I alone outside of the church that produced some of the most amazing, artistic images. Nick used my wife's bouquet, her veil, our rings, our hands and his artistic talent to tell a visual story of the amazing event that had taken place only moments before.

At the reception, Nick was non-stop. He took pictures of all the guests in the moment, with smiles on their faces that weren't forced or artificial. He made sure that his lense didn't miss a single special moment between my wife and me. At one point I said to Nick, “Hey man, relax for a minute and get something to eat and drink.” He looked at me, gulped down a glass of ice water, smiled and was back in motion.

We got our photos back from Nick the other day and my wife and I went through them. It took us back to that special day and brought back every emotion that we felt. Nick was able to capture the most special moments that my wife and I ever experienced and many that we would have missed if he wasn't there to preserve them forever.

Nick, thank you.

Sent on 12/18/2007

Stephanie · Married on 09/29/2007

I can't tell you how pleased my husband and I were with Nick's service and the quality of his photos. We opted not to have a videographer so photos were extremely important to us. And we were thrilled with our selection.
    Nick's pre-wedding consultations were detailed and professional. He listened to my requests (I wanted to see lots of modern/artsy shots as well as the traditional ones. And he delivered exactly what I asked.)
    On the day of the ceremony, he and his assistant were friendly and extremely flexible. They handled the group shot of my husband's family (all 9 siblings and their spouses and kids) with ease.
    Our only complaint about the whole experience is having too many great shots to choose from for our album!

Sent on 11/29/2007

Jennifer · Married on 06/08/2007

Nick was accomodating, professional, creative, very reasonably priced and his photos were great! His brought his wife Heather as his assistant and they were an absolute pleasure.

I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/25/2007

Christina · Married on 06/02/2007

Nick Griner did an amazing job photographing our wedding on 6/2/07 ! His skills, uniqueness, and the quality of his work exceeded our expectations! His professonalism and outstanding services went above and beyond ! We will definetly use his service again when an event requires a photographer, and highly recommend him to anyone in need of an exceptional photographer!

Sent on 11/20/2007

Liz · Married on 05/27/2007

We could not have asked for a better photographer. For two people who hate being photographed, we were pleasantly surprised when we ended up ordering more than 600 prints. We would (and have) highly recommend Nick to anyone looking for assurance that their wedding pictures will be nothing less than perfect.

Sent on 11/26/2007

Lori · Married on 01/13/2007

Nick is very talented, professional and a joy to work with. He was prompt and sensitive to my needs. Plus, all the pictures exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 12/14/2007

Michelle · Married on 11/11/2006

Nick was fabulous to work with!! He works with an assistant and between the two of them, they didn't miss a moment of our special day. He was a pro at getting my large family organized for group shots, and captured some amazing candid moments at the ceremony and reception. A true professional!

Sent on 11/21/2007

Brooke · Married on 09/03/2006

Nick was the first vendor that we hired and later on after becoming more experienced with the whole wedding planning thing, it occurred to us that we never even "shopped" around for a photographer before hiring him. My husband had never even met him. That left us a bit nervous, but after shotting our engagement photos, my husband felt extremely comfortable and confident in Nick. Our entire experience turned out to be a comfortable and easy going one. At our wedding and since then, Nick has been very professional and has always given prompt customer service.

Sent on 11/27/2007

Rebecca · Married on 11/13/2015

Nicholas was a fantastic photographer for my wedding day. He listened to everything we wanted, was friendly, fun, and made me feel very comfortable all day (despite the fact that I hate getting my picture taken). He was very familiar with my venue (Antrim 1844), making it very easy to choose appropriate backdrops for the photos. I can't wait to see how all the picture turned out!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2007

Nick was great, he took some great shots and having another photographer they did a fabulous job capturing the detials that are a blur on the day of the wedding. He was flexable and perfessional throughout the experence

Sent on 11/20/2007