Nicholas Griner Photographer Reviews

50 | Columbia, MD

50 Reviews for Nicholas Griner Photographer

Rachel · Married on 10/14/2017

When I talk about my wedding day, I start by saying "Nick, our photographer, was perfect." No joke. He was amazing! I got to see some of his shots on the day of--- chills! So beautiful! He has an eye for capturing every detail in the most beautiful way! He also was taking a ton of amazing candid shots of our guests! Nick made us feel so comfortable, kept us on schedule and really made our day all we wanted it to be! He's fantastic. He won't disappoint.

Cristina · Married on 05/27/2017

Nicholas Griner did a wonderful job on our engagement pictures! I can't wait to have him take pictures on our wedding day. He did a fantastic job on our wedding pictures! He is very detailed and thorough. I would recommend Nick to any bride.

laura · Married on 10/01/2016

We loved Nick and his assistant Tasha!! They kept us on schedule and made sure I got all the pictures I wanted even though we were rushed for time. I live out of town so we had a phone meeting a month before the wedding to discuss logistics and details. I felt like he had us totally covered and the day would go smoothly. My sister also used him and loved him, so it was an easy choice to hire Nick.
    My wedding was 2 weeks ago and he already sent me previews of some pictures and I'm totally blown away. The pictures are beautiful and they perfectly captured the happiness of the day. Highly recommend him!!

Leslie · Married on 07/09/2016

We loved having Nick as our photographer. While laid back and easy to work with, the quality of his work is unmatched. He is creative in finding the best images and utilizing the asset of the venue to enhance the capturing the experience. We found him through work at my office, where he has also done amazing work.q We are so glad that he was our photographer for our wedding, and recommend him highly to you!

Hope · Married on 06/04/2016

Nicholas Griner was the best choice for our wedding photographer. From the beginning, he was responsive, flexible, friendly, helpful, and it was evident that he was an expert in his field. Nick worked with us and provided the guidance that we needed. He brought new ideas that ended up making for great photography that we are so happy to have. I trusted that we were in good hands with him and that I would not need to worry about anything the day-of, and I was right. Nick and his assistant Tosha showed up early and jumped right in. I can’t think of a picture that they did not get. We took portrait pictures on the water in Harbor East, MD, and they found many perfect backdrops and were creative with the landscape, showing their artsy side. They felt more like friends at our wedding than vendors, and they seemed to genuinely enjoy taking pictures the entire day. We could not beat the value of price and quality of service and pictures that we received. Nick edited and shared our photos before the expected timeframe, created a website for us, and organized the pictures in albums. The options to download for free or purchase a variety of prints from the site is very convenient for our family and friends. We could not have asked for a better photographer and we absolutely recommend Nick and his team to everyone.

• Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 08/01/2015

One of the most important decisions anyone getting married has to make is choosing a photographer, and we couldn't be more pleased that we chose Nick. We knew after our initial meeting with Nick that we wanted him to be our photographer. Not only are his photos amazing, but he is just an all around great person to work with. Not only is he extremely professional, but he is laid back and always makes you feel comfortable. He made sure to get our input as to what specific shots we wanted, and executed perfectly. We used him for for both our engagement photos and the day of the wedding, and couldn't be more thrilled with how all of the photos turned out! Choosing Nick will be a great decision for anyone.

Abigail · Married on 04/18/2015

Of all the decisions to make for our wedding, the photographer was one of the two things we absolutely agreed we had to get right, and we couldn't be happier with our decision to have Nicholas shoot our wedding. After looking at Nicholas' portfolio, we decided we liked his style of photography and set up an initial meeting to go over want we wanted and the various wedding packages he offered. He was familiar with our venue and had great insight as to what would and wouldn't work. We met again before the big day to go over the time line and he went over all the groups of people we specifically wanted photos of and what times would work best. On the big day he was ready to go and did a great job of keeping the group pictures moving along quickly and really having a plan of attack. He seemed to be all places at once. He really did a wonderful job of capturing the special moments of the day as well as all the fun of the reception. As soon as we received the pictures, we were thrilled with the results and couldn't wait to share them with our friends and family. He did a fantastic job.

• User5082033 · 2+ years ago

Selecting Nick to be our photographer was one of the easiest and best choices we made! We had experience with Nick from my brothers wedding years ago, so we felt very confident that he would great again. We were right. He was extremely flexible and helpful, responding to questions, concerns and suggestions. Although he had never been to our venue before, he was quick to find spots that gave us outstanding scenes in our pictures. There is seriously not a bad picture in the entire set, and that is saying a lot considering there are over a thousand! His personality makes you feel comfortable right from the start. He is worth every penny and I would recommend him to any and everyone.

Courtney · Married on 11/22/2014

Nick is a truly fantastic photographer and you'll be missing out if you don't work with him! From the engagement photos to the wedding day, Nick was a real professional, always very responsive and offering creative ideas for shots and locations. As with all weddings, the evening of was hectic, but Nick did an amazing job keeping everyone (particularly me) cool, calm, and collected, while keeping the atmosphere light during the family and bridal party portraits. During the reception, he captured the most amazing candid shots that tell the story of the night and were better than I ever expected. The documentary style shots captured the joy, love, and all the emotions of the our evening perfectly. If you are looking for a photographer with a great personality and exceptional skill, you don't need to look any further. Thank you so much, Nick!

He is so professional and great at what he does! He made the picture taking process fun, which sometimes can seem to drag and take forever. He also had a second photographer named Tasha that was present. She is awesome as well! The two of them made a great team and made the whole process run smoothly.

Nicholas was the absolute best. He is absolutely top-class as a photographer. He has a range of options available to fit different budgets, so don't be scared off by the going rate for someone his caliber. Chances are that he can work with you to craft a plan you both agree on.
    I knew going in that no matter what, he'd get some great shots, because I've seen his work before. But the number of amazing shots that we got back kind of blew me away. I can't believe how great I looked in those portrait photos, and he even got my camera-shy husband to relax and smile!
    I should also say that during our wedding day, Nicholas was very professional and personable, and put everyone at ease. He knew exactly how to get the best photos using the scenery around us, what angles to use, when to blend into the background and shoot, and when to ask for a pose. We are very happy with our choice!

• User3992022 · 2+ years ago

Nick was a fantastic photographer. He was easy to work with, reasonably priced, and a great mixture of laid back but also completely professional and on top of things. I planned our wedding from a distance, since I was out of state, and he answered my questions over the phone and was flexible with meeting with my fiance and I during our limited scheduled when we were in town. On the day of the wedding, Nick did a fantastic job of getting the pictures we wanted and wrangling family members for the massive group pictures. He also did his magic in getting some great pictures that made it look like we were outside on a sunny day even though it was raining. My husband and I had a great time working with Nick and would absolutely recommend him. And needless to say, the pictures were beautiful and he really captured the fun we had at the ceremony, as well as the emotion of the day.

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2014

I cannot recommend Nick more highly. Our pictures are absolutely stunning -- even better than I had imagined they'd be. He and his team strike the perfect balance of being completely professional while also being warm, friendly and having a good time with the wedding party. He provided confident direction and produced gorgeous photos that perfectly captured our wedding!

Alexandra and Ben · Married on 08/02/2014

I (bride) contacted Nicholas Griner based on his Wedding Wire reviews. He met us for an engagement session where I realized I had found a great photographer. Nicholas is so easy to work with, made us both feel comfortable, talented, professional, flexible, talented... He made time to say hi to me right before my father and I walked down the aisle. After the ceremony and during the reception, he made sure to get all the photographs we wanted, without taking us away from our family and friends too much. We haven't gotten he photos back yet, but if they're anything like the engagement photos, I know they'll be spectacular. If you're looking for a photographer, look no further than Nicholas Griner!

Neha · Married on 07/12/2014

Nick Griner has an amazing eye for capturing a moment. My husband and I could not be happier with our wedding pictures. Nick is so easy going and wonderful to work with; a true professional. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer who brings life and emotion to all his shots. Great job!

sean · Married on 06/07/2014

Nick did an amazing job with our photos. He was very responsive and laid back. It was much hotter than I anticipated it was going to be on my wedding day. As a result, I as pretty hot and uncomfortable during our photo session and my family was being less than cooperative. Nick managed to stay positive and keep things moving. The pictures are beautiful! He has a great eye for lighting and textures. I think he really captured the romance of our wedding venue and our day in general. He also stayed longer than he was supposed to because he wanted to capture a few more events from our reception. We were very happy we selected him as our photographer.

Kari · Married on 10/13/2013

Nick was wonderful in every respect! He was extremely responsive, professional and thorough. His photos were amazing and caught some of the most precious shots during our special day. He truly captured all the feelings of the day and created a way for us to relive out special day over and over again!

Hannah · Married on 09/06/2013

Nick was absolutelty amazing. Very great and easy to work with. I would only recommend Nick to ANYONE needing a photographer for the big day. I was anxious with somethings of my wedding but with his expertise and care my photography was not a worry at all. I would 150% use Nick again if I had to do this all again. Best photographer, EVER!

Jennifer · Married on 05/26/2013

Nicholas was our photographer for our wedding this past May and we couldn't have been more pleased! He was easy to work with, very helpful and most of all, he captured the day beautifully! I would highly recommend him to any future brides (or grooms).

We were very happy with how Nick captured our wedding day. He was extremely professional, punctual, and his prices are very reasonable. Nick was also very easy to work with throughout the planning process--the photography was one of the items on my checklist that I didn't worry about because I was confident that Nick would do a great job, and he did.

R&R · Married on 04/19/2013

Nick is a flat-out amazing photographer! On top of being so personable and easy to get along with, he's a dedicated professional. He is very accommodating and flexible, meeting us at our house on multiple occasions, being upfront about pricing, and providing an overall high level of service, which is commensurate with a much higher price than what he charges. And for that price, he allows you to keep the rights to all of your photographs, which is something that many photographers will not do. The day of the wedding, he was hard at work, and incredibly patient with us as looming rain had us flip-flopping about whether to hold the ceremony outside or inside. He was pleasant and unobtrusive to have at our event. We felt so comfortable having him go around taking pictures. His photographs are amazing, as you can see on his website. We'd definitely recommend opting for the photo-book -- you will not be disappointed! Nick is a great photographer, a fine individual, and if you have the opportunity, book him for your event!

Viq · Married on 10/13/2012

I had to the opportunity to work with Nick on my ethnic (Indian/Pakistani) wedding in Baltimore, MD. He took the time to understand my specific needs, learn the events in the day and more importantly was able to roll with the general ad-hoc nature that comes with only ethnic weddings. He worked with us to get all the shots we wanted and helped organize the guests to make those shots happen (not an easy task in our culture). On what is one of the most stressful days in our lives, we were very at ease and confident in Nick and his team's ability to deliver.

Nick not only delivered on the day itself, but was extremely receptive with our needs after the fact, providing us all the variations of the photos we had asked for. I look forward to some of the other milestones where I can work with Nick again. I highly recommend his services to anyone in the DC Metro area.

Sarah · Married on 09/14/2012

Nick did an amazing job at capturing our day! He made everyone feel comfortable and took great canded shots. We couldn't have been happier with the quality of the photos. Also he was able to get our photos to us in about 6 weeks!

Tasha · Married on 05/12/2012

I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Nick and his team. Nick photographed my cousin's wedding about 7 years ago and he did an amazing job- and when it came down to choosing a photographer for my own wedding, he was the first person to come to mind. Nick was very accommodating from the very first meeting. He was professional and organized. We decided about 7 months before our wedding, well after we had signed a contract with Nick, that we wanted to have our wedding videotaped. I asked Nick if he knew anyone who could do it, as we only wanted our ceremony taped, and he immediately got to work to find us someone. We merely had to ask and he did the rest- he organized it with the videographer and we didn't have to worry about a thing! Throughout our entire planning process, anytime I had a question- even completely unrelated to the wedding photography- Nick gave great recommendations and advice. He met with us about a week before the wedding to make sure he had everything he needed and to make sure we let him know anything special we wanted done.

Our wedding day could not have gone more smoothly- and so many of our guests commented on how professional and unobtrusive he and his team were! He blended right in and it was like he was a guest at the wedding- which gave us some great candid shots from the reception!

All in all, Nick and his team were amazing. We have so many stunning photographs from our wedding and we could not be more pleased. He got every shot we wanted and then some, and we got our photos back so quickly, too! I had heard one too many horror stories about wedding photographers that just didn't work out, but from the start I knew that we made the right choice, and I would hands down recommend that any bride and groom who want timeless and beautiful photos to look back on use Nick. We appreciate how much care he put into making our day special. Thanks again, Nick!

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 04/21/2012

I just received my album and video tape from Nick Griner. I can't even explain how beautiful they both are. Nick and his team took over 2000 pictures that I had to choose for the album. Nick worked with me to help create my album and I couldn't have been more happy with the outcome.

Nick photographed my sister’s wedding 5 years ago and he did a great job, so there was no question who I was using. He was flexible with the price and worked within my budget, but didn't cut any corners.

I hire a professional Videographer and received my DVD's before Nick sent me his. My husband and I thought that the overpriced Videographer did an ok job. During one of our meetings with Nick he asked if I had hired a Videographer yet. I told him yes, but what was the price? Nick was able to work into my package his Videographer, so I agreed. Let me explain how amazing this Video was!!! It was exactly how my husband and I remember the night. They picked the perfect songs to go with the video and I couldn't stop smiling. It was truly amazing. My husband and I were so happy that we went with Nick’s Videographer. That is the one that we will be showing our family and friends.

I know how crazy it is trying to find any vendor for your wedding. No matter what you will always be wondering...Will they do a good job...will they show up...am I getting the best deal...am I going to like the outcome. Please understand this, with Nick and his team you won't have to worry about any of those questions.

Nick--I can't thank you enough for all of my memories! You captured the true love that I have for my husband, family and friends. You are amazing at what you do and thank you for being a part of my special day. I'll remember it forever because of you.