New York Trolley Company Reviews

27 | New York, NY

27 Reviews for New York Trolley Company

Marcy · Married on 09/14/2019

We loved NY Trolley Co

NY Trolley provided transportation from Downtown Brooklyn to the Picnic House in Prospect Park. Our guests loved the service! The drivers were very kind and competent and made for a fun and festive start and finish to our gorgeous wedding!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Brittni

Brittni Michaelis · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Way To Travel For Wedding!!!

This was the best and most fun way to travel from our hotel to the church then back to our venue. We were able to take great photos on the trolley, it fit all the bridesmaids, parents and groomsmen and Alan was the best driver who let us play our own music. I would HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 04/21/2019

Our guests loved this experience!

Wonderful experience with New Trolley Company taking my husband and I and our 39 guests from our ceremony in Central Park, down to Times Square, and over to Long Island City for our reception.

Sent on 04/27/2019

Nicole Kidston · Married on 12/15/2018

Everything was perfect!

We used them for our wedding weekend in Brooklyn in December 2018. The drivers were on time, the trolleys were so cute and clean, and the drivers could not have been nicer. The music they played was great too! It was easy to communicate and go through the experience. Would definitely hire them again!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Cheryl · Married on 07/08/2017

New York Trolley was the upmost professional and AMAZING VENDOR. David was extremely responsive and we would give New York Trolley a thousand stars if we could. The Trolley arrived perfectly and on TIME! Just an overall delight to work with David and I would HIGHLY recommend for not only weddings but for any event.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Kathryn · Married on 12/03/2016

I would highly recommend New York Trolley to anyone looking for an alternative to a party bus or limo for their wedding transportation needs. The company was very easy to work with and answered all my questions prior to my renting the trolley for our December wedding. The driver, Reynaldo, arrived early and was incredibly professional and attentive the day of. The trolley was a really great addition to our wedding. It made for an awesome backdrop for pictures. We were able to play music the entire time off our iPhones through the trolley's speakers, which created a great atmosphere, and our bridal party loved the space it provided - no one was crammed together.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Lisa · Married on 05/01/2016

Amazing company. We loved NY Trolley Company! David was super nice and easy to deal with in setting up the pick up/drop off of guests from hotels to venue and back. Our driver James was very nice and a great driver, our guests felt very safe & enjoyed the classic ride! Plus, one of our guests lost their wallet on the trolley & they found it and helped get it back to him. So wonderful overall! Hire them now!!

Sent on 06/02/2016
  • Central Park Bride to be

Amanda · Married on 10/11/2015

NY Trolley Co was a great choice for getting our guests to the Ceremony in Central Park and then to our reception in Chelsea. It worked out perfect, our drivers were professional, were on time and were very friendly. We were able to serve our guests a few drinks as we made our way across Manhattan and We have some fantastic pictures from the trolley. So happy we picked them for our wedding. Thanks.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/15/2015

NY Trolley Co really made our wedding day fun and memorable! They were a pleasure to work with. They provided constant communication, showed up on time, and the driver was fantastic in dealing with our rowdy crew after our wedding ceremony. We couldn't ask for better service, and we highly recommend people to book them for weddings. Our guests had the time of their lives, and the cost was very reasonable, much cheaper than booking limos and in our opinion a lot more fun! Thanks NY Trolley Co for giving us wonderful transportation on our wedding day.

Sent on 08/19/2015

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with this service. We had a vintage themed wedding and wanted a mode of transportation to match. It was a bit of a splurge for us, but we both agreed it was well worth it. It made our wedding day extra special, and the trolley looked lovely in our photos. We used it to shuttle both our wedding party and the guests back and forth from the hotel to our venue. Our guests absolutely loved it, and it was a lot of fun to have everyone together. Dave made the booking process easy and answered all our questions. The driver, Reynaldo, was prompt and courteous. They were also very flexible (let us decorate the trolley with a "Just Married" sign, bring on food and drink, etc.) Their sound system even worked with my iPhone, so we could play my wedding playlist through the speakers!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Clare · Married on 06/15/2014

We used NY trolley for our wedding. We hired two buses for 70 people. The drivers were fun and personable. Buses were really clean and everyone had a great time. Dave was really cool, professional and easy to work with. Would definitely recommend. People had a blast!

Sent on 07/10/2014

SO happy we made the last minute decision to use New York Trolley to get our guests from our reception to our after party. The entire process was quick and easy, and the driver was amazing. It really made the end of our night feel much more special.

Sent on 06/08/2014

New York Trolley Company provided transportation to/from our wedding. they were on time, professional and courteous. the trolley was adorable and a great alternative to a bus. i booked via email with David who was very responsive and easy to work with. it was fun way to travel!

Sent on 02/10/2014

New York Trolley Company was exactly what we were looking for in transportation. Having a small wedding, we were able to hire one trolley to take our guests from the hotel to the ceremony location and then to the reception. We corresponded with David prior to the big day and he was incredibly responsive. Our driver, Angela, was absolutely fantastic and handled my rowdy Southern passengers with ease and humor. We were so happy with the service provided and the price.

Sent on 04/11/2013
  • Zoila

Zoila · Married on 09/02/2012

We wanted something different and we loved having the trolley. Dave was prompt with emails and very helpful. We are so happy that we chose such a great company. A must of you are looking for that something different to arrive in!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Daphne · Married on 04/28/2012

This was such a cool mode of transportation and each of our guests had a seat (exactly!) It was so much fun! And it was a great value and our driver Dwayne was so professional, courteous and fun! He also had a really fun ipod mix which was great!

Sent on 05/05/2012
  • lorigolightly

Lorraine · Married on 08/26/2016

NY Trolley was the perfect way for us to provide group transportation that was unique and within our theme. David was very easy to work with - he answered all our questions and was quick to reply to emails. They even accommodated some last minute changes to the itinerary. On our wedding day, they were timely and how the driver Reggie managed to get through the tiny streets of Brooklyn Heights, I don't know but I commend him for it. Overall a great experience.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/13/2013

We really liked working with NY Trolley Company for our wedding. Dave was easy to communicate with and very responsive. We loved the size of the trolley as we were able to fit our wedding party and their spouses/significant others, as well as our photographers, as we took pictures. Having it air conditioned and the IPod dock where we could select our own music was also great, and they came 15 minutes early so that we could decorate.

Our driver Reynaldo was easy to work with and even gave us some interesting factual tidbits as we drove. The trolley was so spacious and such a nice alternative to the traditional limousine - I would definitely recommend it to others.

Sent on 07/23/2013

They were a great alternative to the traditional limo. Everyone loved it, Dave was easy to work with, answered all questions quickly. My only issue was the charge for taking the trolley to the reception site which was maybe two at most three mile outside of the city limits it was double the price. Worth it for the fun, but still. Reggie was a great driver really friendly too. If keeping it in the city you won't find more a fun or cost effective transportation!

Sent on 10/15/2012

Shaylin · Married on 09/04/2016

We hired New York Trolley to shuttle our wedding party around Brooklyn on our wedding day. It was very easy to communicate with them throughout the planning process, and they were very punctual on the wedding day. Our driver was very friendly and accommodating, and the trolley looks great in pictures. We highly recommend!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Gaynor · Married on 05/19/2016

We used two trolley buses for our wedding in May & they were great fun, all our guests really enjoyed this unique experience. The only downside was NYC traffic but this can't be controlled. The buses are great but could do with a bit of refurb.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Denise · Married on 07/07/2018

We had so much fun using the New York Trolley Company at our wedding. It was easy to get set up and the contract terms were straightforward and fair. I loved that I was able to pre-pay the tip for our driver, so it was one less thing to worry about on the day. Our driver, Reynaldo, arrived right on time and was very helpful in helping us usher our passengers onto the bus. He let us set up our music right away, and we had a smooth, fun, and safe ride. I would highly recommend the NY Trolley Company to anyone looking to add a bit of character to their special day.

Sent on 08/08/2018
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 07/12/2014

We liked our experience with NYC Trolley. We had two trolleys -- each a 34 passenger. We only used them for the trip ride from the hotel to the venue versus on the way home since we wanted to get nice photos on the trolley of our bridal party. We also thought it would be a fun experience in the day light. They were punctual, knew their way around the city, and my friends and fam got a kick out of them! I would recommend telling the type of music you want in advance or bringing your own, otherwise the driver will choose whatever he likes, and it could be something your guests won't want to hear (my dad needed to ask twice to change the music). Overall good experience.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Alison · Married on 04/24/2015

3.5

NY Trolley Co. was an affordable and charming choice for wedding transportation. I was able to take care of the entire booking process via email exchanges with David which I loved! My husband and I wanted to check out the trolley prior to booking and David made it easy for us to visit prior to signing on the dotted line. We did have some concerns with the overall upkeep of the trolley post our visit which I vocalized to David (chipping paint on the interior, mismatched doors). He assured me all would be fixed before our wedding and kept his word. The trolley pulled up 45 mins early to pick us up on our wedding day. It was clean (with the exception of a cooler someone left behind from a prior trip) and our driver, Reggie, was kind. He didn't know his way around Jersey City very well but willingly took directions from our photographer.

We booked the trolley for 4 hours and while I felt the cost was high, it was much lower in comparison to other trolley rental companies in the area. While the trolley didn't come with all the bells and whistles other companies were offering (waters, champagne, red carpet, TVs, fireplace, padded seats as opposed to BYOB and that’s pretty much it), the price point sealed the deal for us. Word to the wise though, check out Groupon before booking. Post signing our contract I did find a deal for the trolley which would have saved me $600.00!

My only complaint would be the trolley needs a new sound system. I would recommend an upgrade or request one before booking. We weren't in the trolley a ton and our stops were close to one another so not a huge deal for us but if you are traveling a distance, it could be annoying.

Otherwise, I would recommend NY Trolley Co to anyone looking for a unique ride for their wedding! Thanks David!!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Lori · Married on 12/31/2013

3.5

We used New York Trolley company for our wedding NYE 2013. Dave was so easy to work with, he answered emails fast and was very flexible. We used the trolley as our limo and a shuttle for the guests. Unfortunately our driver was late to pick up my husband and then even later to pick me up making us 30 minutes late for our own wedding! We were extremely upset and let Dave know the next day, Dave responded quickly and sympathetically. He was very upset and let us know that it is unacceptable to him, and he gave us a partial refund on our payment! We were so happy to know that he took our concern seriously.
    After the inital trouble with being late, everything else went great. The trolley stuck to the schedule for the rest of the day, the guests had no problem with their transportation to and from the reception.

I would recommend giving the trolley a very strict schedule and reinforcing the importance of punctuality to your driver, but I would recommend using NY trolley co!

Sent on 01/09/2014