New York Players Entertainment Reviews

New York Players Entertainment 5
New York Players Entertainment 6
New York Players Entertainment 7

Rebekah · Married on 10/25/2014

Loved every second of them. So did our guests. Can't speak more highly of our experience if I tried.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Cinzia · Married on 10/03/2014

New York Players were amazing!

Working with Mike Emery leading up the wedding was easy, providing great suggestions and answering any questions we had. Our dance floor was packed all night and my husband and I danced non-stop. They played a perfect mix of music to keep guests of all ages on the dance floor. All of my guests raved about how great the band was and several took cards for their future events! We could not have asked for a better band and group of musicians for our wedding. Would recommend them to anyone looking to have a fun filled night with non stop dancing!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Gloria · Married on 06/22/2014

What a great band!! Compliments from all of our guests.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Kelly · Married on 06/20/2014

The New York Players were absolutely incredible. Working with Mike was a total breeze and I felt confident throughout the process that we were in the best hands. Every single member of the band was so talented and really put on a fantastic show for our guests. Everyone loved them and danced the night away! Absolutely recommend if you're looking for an awesome band.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2014

You can't have a rocking wedding without New York Players as your band. Let me tell you, they are spot on. They truly know how to get the party started and everyone on the dance floor. Such a great night with true talent!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Meghan · Married on 05/24/2014

The New York Players were absolutely awesome! My wedding guests and my husband and I danced all night. They were so talented and professional. I can't say enough about their performance. My guests are still talking about the New York Players. The pricing was a bit expensive, but totally reasonable considering I got a ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception package. NYP also offers other options if you're looking for something a little less expensive. If you want the wedding all your friends will be talking about, book NYP!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Nicole · Married on 01/11/2014

These guys totally killed it the night of our wedding! They were AMAZING... all of our guests were asking us how we found such an awesome band. The dance moves, voices, tunes and array of music was perfect. We couldn't have done anything better! We will definitely use New York Players again!

Sent on 01/14/2014

Lindsey · Married on 11/16/2013

All I can say is WOW!! Mike Emery the band manager and drummer was such an awesome person to work with,he helped me decide my ceremony music and how things would pan out!! The day of the wedding was truly amazing thanks to them!! Our guests kept asking me for there information so they can hire them for events or parties!! Our guests never once left the dance floor when they were playing,they exceded my expectations!! I knew we were getting a great band but I really didnt know that until the day of the wedding!!

Sent on 01/06/2014

The New York Players are made up of legend in the capital region. Long before we were engaged, we had heard of the players but did not see them live until a friend’s wedding in 2009. From that night forward, we were hooked! Having the players play at our wedding was such an important choice that we actually scheduled our wedding date around their availability. We were not disappointed.

Our one regret is that we had to conduct our business over the phone (as we live in NYC) and we never got to hang out with Mike Emory until the day of our wedding. Needless to say we missed out big time on face time but it did not complicate planning at all. Mike is a wonderful to work with. He is accommodating, honest and makes planning the music for your day easy. He spends time learning about you as a couple and your musical preferences to customize your wedding. He made time for us despite our distance and hectic work schedules and we are so grateful to him for that.

We used the players for our ceremony, cocktail hour and extended reception. Using them resulted in a wonderful soundtrack of our day. The singers, musicians, sound quality of their equipment were above any expectation I could have set for a band. Even in the Hall of Springs (which frequently echoes due to the high ceilings) were managed perfectly by the players. They were engaging to our guests, high energy the entire night and most importantly made us feel unique (even though they’ve done hundreds of weddings).

The New York Players came dressed to the nines and ready to celebrate with us. It was a true honor to have them a part of our day.

There are other great bands in the capital region but only The New York Players have that “wow factor”.

We loved the players and are so thankful to them for being such an amazing part of our day!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Katherine · Married on 09/21/2013

We had Body & Soul play at our wedding. Hiring the right band was probably at the top of our list when we began planning our wedding, and Body & Soul did not disappoint. The dance floor was packed from the moment they started playing and stayed that way through the entire night. The music was amazing and a perfect mix of old and new party favorites.

Mike, the New York Players manager, was great and always very responsive. Mike also connected us with the musicians for our ceremony, the Northland Ensemble. They were also fantastic.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Incredible! That's the only way I can describe the NY Players. They are so talented and really know how to get a party started. Mike Emery was wonderful to work with - very professional and responsive. We had a call with him shortly before our wedding to iron out some final details - he made so many great suggestions and incorporated everything we wanted into our reception. He made what could have been a very stressful part of our wedding, one of the parts we were most excited about!
    We even requested they play an extra hour. We have had so many guests compliment on the band and even more ask for their contact info to play at their own upcoming weddings! So awesome!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Claire · Married on 02/02/2013

We hired Body & Soul for our wedding last weekend! Amazing doesn't even begin to describe them! They had the party going from start to finish. They provided us with the wedding reception we always wanted. They had everyone from our best friends to our grandparents on the floor. Not a bad review in the house. If I could I would hire them again, again for every party I have!!! Can't say enough about them!

Sent on 02/06/2013

I'm a firm believer that the band or DJ can totally make or break a wedding. I obviously prefer a band to a DJ and this band is amazing! No Joke.. Their repertoire is so extensive, their energy is amazing.. The announcements bring the excitement, first dance and parent dances will bring the tears, and the dance floor will be full all night long, I promise. They also provided music during cocktail hour.
    They also directed us to our ceremony musicians. We had a string trio which played beautifully prior to the ceremony and after the ceremony.

Sent on 01/16/2013

Mike and his band keep the party goin'. He also has suggestions in the planning stage to ensure that everything is communicated clearly and turns out the way you hope. I have received so many rave reviews from guests who were enamored by the band. SO SO good. Everyone seemed to have so much fun and the band just sounds phenomenal. Very professional. Very experienced. Very fun!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Michelle · Married on 06/01/2012

After having heard the NY Players perform at a venue over the summer before our wedding, we knew we had to hire them. They did not disappoint! Many of our guests approached us during and after the wedding to say how impressed they were with our band. They will play everything from Aretha Franklin to Lady Gaga and it all sounds amazing. They even learned my groom's favorite karaoke song so we could give him a surprise performance! They were flexible and professional in the planning process and then absolutely rocked it the night of our wedding. What more can you ask for? Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/25/2012

Rebecca · Married on 10/15/2011

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The New York Players! I cannot express how fantastic they were! When my husband and I were planning our wedding, we really only cared about one thing - it had to be a great dance party! I'm so happy we brought the band down from Albany to play out our wedding in Brooklyn - they completely made the party! Our guests are still talking about how great they were. The dance floor was packed all night light. Looking forward to them playing at my brother's wedding next year! On top of them being the best band around, Mike is a total pleasure to work with.

Sent on 12/04/2012
  • TwinFutureMrs.

TwinFutureMrs. · Married on 08/13/2011

IF THEY FIT YOUR BUDGET- HIRE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People are still talking about them!!!!! There is no comparison.

Sent on 10/16/2011

Kelly · Married on 10/15/2010

I don't need to write much, as you will read everywhere that NY Players are the BEST. They truly are! My guests are asking me for Mike's information so they can book parties. They are amazing, professional, organized, and easily accomodate any last minute changes!

Sent on 10/27/2010

S · Married on 10/01/2010

All I can say is that our wedding reception definitely wouldn't have been the same without the NY Players! They played something for everyone and kept the dance floor packed the whole night! I found that not only were they fantastic performers but Mike was also very helpful during our planning process. Having performed at so many weddings in the Capital District they have been to most venues and worked with a lot of vendors. I did consult him for his opinion on a few things and he was very helpful and responsive. Can't say enough good things about them...they rock!!!

Sent on 01/24/2011
  • colleencoburn

Colleen · Married on 07/24/2010

The band was amazing! It MADE our wedding! They did a fantastic job! They did classical music at the ceremony, jazz music at the cocktail hour, and fun party music the rest of the night. It was like going to a concert. They are the best wedding band ever. Everyone at our wedding could not stop talking about how amazing the band was! We had so much fun! They sing everything from Ella Fitzgerlald's "Our Love is Here to Stay" to Lady Gaga! They were professional and as stellar at playing as they were at coordinating the first dances, the cake cutting, etc. We loved them!

Sent on 08/17/2010

Elizaebth · Married on 07/25/2009

We had a jazz quartet for our wedding reception - and they were AWESOME!!!! Everyone kept commenting on how original they were. They were FUN! I would highly recommend this group.

Sent on 07/31/2009

Kristin · Married on 06/20/2009

I worked with the NY Players to provide live music at my wedding: a harp and flute at the ceremony, and a 3-piece jazz band at cocktails. It was a breeze to work with them, and each of the musicians was wonderful. They were recommended to me by my wedding planner, and I would recommend them to anyone as well.

Sent on 07/15/2009

Sam · Married on 10/25/2008

Mike was amazing in helping us define the music for our wedding reception. Body & Soul were terrific!!! Everyone was on the dance floor and thought the band rocked. Thankyou New York City Players!

Sent on 01/23/2009

The New York Players gave us exactly what we wanted: a packed dance floor all night long. I think the truest testament to their abilities is that all of our guests, young and old, absolutely LOVED this band. We had an outdoor wedding at my parents' home and even the neighbors admitted to dancing in their yards because "our band was so good!" Mike was so professional. I felt completely at ease with him, and confident that he would make sure everything went smoothly--which it did! Now I'm looking forward to attending the wedding of our friends who hired the New York Players on the spot once they heard the band at our wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Carolyn · Married on 10/17/2009

100% reccommended!!!!!!!!!!! They made our wedding fantastic! I can't thank them enough for the everything!!!!! I would love to have another party jsut to hire them back! Expensive but well welll well worth it! Wouldn't have went any other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are busy so the manager of the band was hard to get a hold of at times!

Sent on 11/03/2009