New York Players Entertainment Reviews

New York Players Entertainment 5
New York Players Entertainment 6
New York Players Entertainment 7

Natalie · Married on 01/21/2017

I would HIGHLY recommend hiring the New York Players for your wedding, or any event. A band brings an entire different life to any kind of celebration. My husband went and watched the NY players before we hired them for our wedding. He knew right away they were it! They can play any song, but make it even better with all of the acoustics and different instruments. We had the NY players for our ceremony music (modern and traditional), our cocktail hour,and of course our Wedding Reception. No one left the dance floor ALL night. Members of the band interact with the crowd (Trumpet players come on the dance floor and play) and they dance to the music on the stage. It is so much fun. We are receiving endless compliments about how talented and incredible the NY players were at our wedding. Also, Mike Emery is so professional and easy to work with. We spoke several times by phone to set everything up. He also helped a lot when we needed suggestions for certain songs. Thank you NY players for making our wedding so memorable. My husband and I said that NY players were the best part of our entire wedding. You are SO much fun! Again, a band is the way to go....and not just any band, the NY players, without a doubt!

Sent on 02/11/2017

Katie · Married on 11/05/2016

Body & Soul played our Cooperstown wedding on Saturday night and they were FANTASTIC!!! Our guests hit the dance floor pretty much from the moment they entered the reception and it was packed ALL night long. So many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed the music and said it was the best wedding they had ever been to -- even the guy who ran our photobooth emailed us to say how great the music was. The lead singers were incredibly friendly and came out to meet us before the reception started. They also learned several songs for us (including "Songbird" by Fleetwood Mac for our first dance with about 2 weeks notice) and they all sounded amazing. Mike Emery was wonderful to work with as well and he coordinated the whole thing with patience, humor and professionalism. I will actually miss our calls with him!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Body & Soul for making our wedding so much fun!!!!!!

Thomas · Married on 10/09/2016

Talented and professional. The New York Players are hands down THE BEST BAND for your wedding. All of our guests were blown away. They handled the entire event. For one great price, The New York Players provided a string trio and microphones for the ceremony, a DJ for the cocktail hour and band break and 4 hours of the most incredible live music covering all genres and eras. What an amazing night! Having 3 talented singers also adds to there ability to perform any style of music. You will not find a better band. They were also very easy to communicate with and were quick and courteous in responding to inquiries. They were also very helpful in music suggestions for various aspects of the ceremony and in helping with the flow of the evening which was very helpful to us. We can't wait to go see them play out again so we can relive all of our wonderful memories from our night.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Virginia · Married on 10/01/2016

This was the greatest band ever! Everyone raved about them for weeks after the wedding. I would highly recommend them. They were not only incredible at the wedding but also leading up to it. After experiencing them all other event bands have a high bar to live up to. If you are able to book them I would 100% recommend it! The New York Players made our wedding night what it was the best night! Thank you thank you!

krista · Married on 09/24/2016

You cannot go wrong with the NYPs! These guys are phenomenal and kept the dance party packed all night long, they really know how to work the crowd and cater to the feel of the night. I would highly recommend them for any event!!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Seth · Married on 09/04/2016

The New York Players are an awesome band and a pleasure to work with. The whole crew were super professional and sensitive to the stresses of planning a wedding. I wouldn't even think of having another celebration without them. The dance floor was packed all night. Thanks NYP!

Sent on 10/17/2016
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 09/03/2016

We loved Body and Soul for our wedding! They were very accommodating of all our requests, a pleasure to work with and pulled everything off flawlessly. They kept everyone dancing ALL night and we received lots of comments from guests about how great they were. My personal favorite was how well they played our father-daughter dance song (James Taylor), which I thought was even better than the original! A big big thank you!

Sent on 02/16/2017

Jeanine · Married on 08/13/2016

Wow! is all I have to say about Body & Soul. I'm not easily impressed and Body & Soul blew me away. They sounded amazing. the videos on line really just didn't even come close. Our guests have all mentioned how great the band was. They had EVERYONE dancing. The saxaphone player was out on the dance floor for a solo. And the most memorable part- there was a huge storm during the reception and the power went out mid song. Without missing a beat, with no power or lights, the band stuck up and everyone kept right on dancing. Also I should mention they were very professional looking group, with the female lead singer in a gorgeous gown and completely done up make up and the men looking good on stage. And pre-wedding Mike had a few calls to go over all the details including pronunciations of people's names for the introductions. And they learned a few songs just for us. They really know how to be a wedding band.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Angie · Married on 04/15/2016

• Simply put, the New York Players are worth every single penny necessary to secure them for any event, but especially your wedding. We got married 9 days ago and our families are still talking about how epic our wedding was and how the New York Players were the best band they have ever seen. The New York Players are AWESOME! My wife and I chose the New York Players on reputation alone, as we had never seen them play live but had heard amazing things about them. To say our expectations were exceeded is a tremendous understatement. The New York Players had our dance floor packed and rocking for the entire night, to the point where when they played the last song of the evening and all our guests were chanting, One More Song! One More Song! Throughout the planning process we worked with Mike who helped coordinate all of the information. He was tremendous and really catered to all of our wants and needs. The energy and passion that Mike bought to the planning process was infectious, and my wife and I always left those meetings incredibly happy. The band also learned two special songs for us, both with special meanings to each one our families. One of the highlights of the evening was when these songs came on to the shock of all of our guests and the pure joy that could be felt in the room. I can’t say enough great things about our experience with the New York Players. They were fully engaged throughout our entire event, and really made us feel like the most important people in the world on that day. I would highly recommend the New York Players for anyone’s wedding and I would pay money to see them perform live again.

Sent on 04/24/2016

L · Married on 03/05/2016

You would be crazy not to book the New York Players for your wedding. We couldn't even count the amount of compliments we received the night of our wedding. They were so accommodating and flexible to help make our night be exactly what we wanted. They are a large band and it is exactly what we wanted and more. You would be crazy not to book the New York Players. Wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Colleen · Married on 02/13/2016

Hands down, the best investment we made on our wedding day. Worth every penny. To this day, our guests are still asking "about that band". They provided the perfect soundtrack to an already perfect night. A huge thank you to Mike Emery for his professionalism and guidance. We appreciate it! Colleen and Tyrone (2/13/16)

Sent on 08/30/2016

Kathryn · Married on 10/24/2015

Highly recommend this band! They were amazing! They had the dance floor packed all night long at our 250+ guest wedding. Mike was great to work with and the band arranged to learn a couple new songs for our reception including our first dance song! We would not hesitate to recommend The New York Players for any wedding or reception style function, as long as you plan on dancing ALL night.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Samantha · Married on 10/10/2015

The New York Players was our absolute favorite part of our wedding! They played exactly what we asked and more! Very interactive with the crowd and we had our guests dancing from start to finish! I highly recommend to anyone who loves live music, they are not comparable to any band!

Sent on 01/17/2016

Body + Soul was AMAZING. The entire process was seamless - I had known ahead of time that I wanted to use a band with New York Players; my sister had used a band with them when she got married, and they were exceptional. Mike at NYP suggested Body + Soul, and after listening to a few clips, I could tell they were exactly what we wanted. We wanted a big band with a lot of energy, and Body + Soul delivered. They learned a bunch of difficult songs for us, re-interpreted the songs we requested in the best way possible. The dance floor was packed all night, and the crowd was begging for more at the end of the night. The planning process was super simple, as well. Now my father is trying to marry my brother off, specifically so he can host another party with Body + Soul. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Monica · Married on 09/25/2015

Absolutely Amazing! They will get everyone at your wedding on the dance floor. I couldn't imagine my wedding without them. Highly recommend this band if you are looking for a good time!

Ryan · Married on 09/19/2015

If you have the opportunity to book the New York Players for your event...do it.

We contacted the New York Players based on a recommendation and it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They are the most professional and talented band we've ever seen perform at a wedding. The musicianship and vocals were world class.

Mike was always available and set up numerous check-ins throughout the planning to make sure we had all our questions answered and that we were always on the same page. Their song list is outstanding. You'd be hard-pressed to need a song played that they don't already know. They even learned to play a song for us since we picked such an obscure first dance song. Mike allows you full control over the set list if you prefer.

The band was so fun and read the crowd extremely well. They even came into the crowd and passed the mic around. Young and old were on the dance floor and it was packed all night.

Months later people are still talking about how awesome the band was. We were so lucky that they had an opening on our date. Book them soon!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Amy · Married on 08/29/2015

Amazing! Had our guest dancing all night! Georgia did a gorgeous rendition of our wedding song! Would reccomend the NYP to anyone!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Lindsay · Married on 08/01/2015

All I can say is, amazing! New York Players is absolutely the band to book, hands down. I've never had so much fun dancing in my entire life and what way to experience that than at my own wedding! Mike Emery is very professional and organized, and the band being so talented! I can't that you enough, New York Players! You helped make our wedding go down in history.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Catherine and Phil · Married on 07/03/2015

We always knew we wanted the New York Players as our wedding band after hearing them for years around Saratoga. NYP were the perfect wedding entertainment right from our first interaction with Mike. Both he and the band were easy to work with and walked us through every step of the way. They were easy to book, and worth every penny. They customized our wedding experience so that we had the ceremony and cocktail hour that we wanted, then we left the reception in Mike's hands. With both their emceeing and playing, the 11-piece group threw us the greatest party ever! They learned our requests perfectly, and our guests are still buzzing about "the band!" They truly MADE our wedding!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Anita · Married on 06/27/2015

Body and Soul of the New York Players Entertainment Group played last weekend at our daughter's wedding and they were beyond fantastic! The dance floor was overflowing from the first song to the last. We had over 200 guests from D.C., NYC, Boston, all ages and they all raved about the music, the male and female vocalist and fantastic energy. The evening was a huge success and much of the credit goes to Body & Soul!!!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Kate · Married on 06/13/2015

My husband and I used NYP for our wedding and it was an absolute blast. People are still talking about how great the music and dancing was. Definitely a no-brainer decision when you are looking for music vendors for your big day.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Stephanie · Married on 06/06/2015

If I could give them more stars, I would. If you are considering a band over a DJ, New York Players are it. Don't even bother looking into anyone else. New York Players had EVERYONE dancing, even the guests that never dance or hate dancing. They were so much fun to work with along the way and the evening was a non-stop celebration. When I got engaged, they were one of the first vendors I contacted. I didn't care what the cost was, because all I wanted was for my guests to have the most fun celebrating our wedding. I would have worn a white paper bag as my wedding gown if it meant I could have them play at my reception.

If you want your guests dancing all night long and enjoying themselves from the first second, contact Mike with New York Players. I can't say enough about them. They're incredible, amazing, fun, talented, professional, accommodating, and the absolute best!

Sent on 06/14/2015
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/23/2015

These guys were fantastic. You could not find a better band. We danced and danced and danced the night of our wedding. There was something for everyone. Incredible talent. All our other vendors raved about them, so we knew they were going to be good, we just did not know how good. Could not recommend them more highly.

Sent on 06/07/2015

After hearing the New York Players at a friends wedding in Saratoga, we knew that they were "the" band for our wedding (we were yet to be engaged.) A couple years later they played our wedding in Cooperstown, NY. From the start, Mike was great to work with; we are from Colorado so we did everything from a distance. He anticipated our questions and gave us great guidance, for example, that we wanted a five-hour reception instead of a four-hour one.

The band learned some songs for us, Grateful Dead's "Shakedown Street" and Macklemore's "Thrift Shop" (wide range!) and they did a fabulous job covering both. Every single member/musician is so talented and the dance floor was literally packed all night. They really read the crowd and every song was something we wanted to hear and got everyone dancing and singing along. The enthusiasm from the band was always apparent and they were just plain fun!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Lisa · Married on 12/13/2014

The best decision we made in planning our wedding was choosing the New York Players as our band. Mike was incredibly easy to work with, ready with great suggestions, and willing to be flexible around some of our unique requests. And the band was AMAZING. The only criticism or complaint people had about our wedding reception was that they didn't want to stop dancing at the end of the night and wished the reception was an hour longer. In retrospect, I wish we had figured out some way to keep the party going - it was so wonderful seeing my 85 year old grandmother rocking out on the dance floor, and my new father-in-law (who doesn't dance) unable to resist the siren call of Pharrell's Happy! Special thanks to the Players for indulging me in learning the background music/vocals for "Whatta Man" so that I could rap with my best friend as a surprise performance for my husband!

Sent on 01/27/2015