New York City Swing Reviews

45 | Bayside, NY

45 Reviews for New York City Swing

Jaime Haink · Married on 07/15/2019

Amazing- book them

HOLY NYC SWING!!! They STOLE the show. They were AMAZING!!! I cannot get over how incredible they were. They came into the dance floor, sang and danced with us the whole night. Dory is AMAZING. They blew us away. Everyone keeps talking about how talented they all were. We highly recommend them!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Shannon · Married on 10/13/2018

HIGHLY recommend!

NYC Swing played at our wedding in October and our guests are still raving about how amazing the band was. They set the mood for the evening and had all of our guests on the dance floor all night long. They know how to read the crowd and covered an incredible variety of songs that appealed to everyone. They also helped us brainstorm how we could pay tribute to both of our heritages and are talented at every style of music. They helped us with the flow of the reception and announced our major speeches, dances, etc. This band was one of the most memorable parts of our wedding and helped make it such a fun and special night for all of our guests. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Gary · Married on 10/06/2018

We hired NYC Swing for my daughters wedding and as expected they were awesome. They elevated the party and rocked the house.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/15/2018

No other band compares to NYC Swing!

Our best friends had NYC Swing at their wedding a few years ago and they were such a blast! When we started our wedding planning, we reached out to Dore right away. We looked at other bands in the area and none compared to the top talent and energy level of NYC Swing. We really enjoy how interactive the band is with guests and gets everyone out of their chairs the entire night. It was important to us for our guests to have a great experience and they are still telling us how much fun they had at our wedding! Thanks again Dore!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Lynn · Married on 09/14/2018

After our wedding, so many friends and family members told us our wedding was "the best wedding they ever attended" and I can say without a doubt it was because of New York City Swing! I recommend them to everyone! They're extremely talented, cover all genres and styles of music, and have excellent stage presence. They make the non-dancers even want to dance! Dore is amazing and they learned multiple songs for our wedding with ease!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

I cannot say enough good things about NYC swing. They played my wedding, and I can’t tell you how many people commented throughout the night how amazing the band was. They nailed every oddball song and request we threw their way - from country to classic rock to performing songs the way they did in a specific movie.... they did it all incredibly. Dore was so helpful and so communicative throughout the planning process. I can not recommend them enough.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Adina · Married on 08/18/2018

New York City Swing played at my wedding on 8/18/18. Dore DeQuattro was so pleasant and easy to work with, as was Barb Coen! As always with live music, the fear is they will play too loudly and it won't be enjoyable. Dore assured us this wouldn't be the case and he really delivered! The volume was perfect and we had so much fun. These people are seriously so talented. I would recommend NYC Swing to anyone looking for live music for any event!

Sent on 08/27/2018

David · Married on 06/23/2018

NYC Swing led by the incredible Dore added a tremendous amount of zest, enthusiasm, flexibility, and joy to our wedding celebration! They offered great guidance during the preparation process, cared deeply about what we wanted to hear (and what we didn't), were extremely responsive to the crowd, and overall were an outstanding partner and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/27/2018

This band is the absolute BEST band, hands down, no questions asked!! After the wedding, I had so many people come up to me and ask me for the band information. They were truly spectacular! It felt like our own private concert!! We had music from so many different genres and they were executed brilliantly! Book this band, book this band, book this band!!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Lindsay · Married on 03/03/2018

NYC Swing is incredible! We found them online and watched a ton of their videos early in our wedding planning process and knew we had to book them. The band was phenomenal every person at the wedding said they enjoyed the music from friends to grandparents, they made the night a fun event for everyone! The band played beautiful music for our ceremony and was able to easily accommodate our custom song choices for first dances etc. We fully trusted Dore's lead and we could not have been happier. The band kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night and our guests kept commenting on how amazing the band was. I highly recommend NYC Swing, their sound and overall vibe made our wedding into a memorable night for everyone.

Sent on 03/15/2018

New York City Swing's reply:

Hi Lindsay. Thank you for allowing NYCSwing to be a part of your celebration, and also for the two beautiful reviews. We are so glad that you and all your guests enjoyed the evening.

Courtney · Married on 11/05/2017

AMAZING!!!! Best band ever, they blew everyone away! They allow guests that know how to play instruments join them on stage, and they come out onto the dance floor to get everyone involved and excited! Voices were crazy, these people could all be famous solo artists, they were that good! If you are going with a band, New York City Swing is one classy decision that you will be proud of!

Sent on 01/26/2012

Jenna · Married on 10/28/2017

The absolute greatest wedding band! Our one true request was to have our entire wedding on their feet the whole night, and that is exactly what happened! Words cannot describe the energy, talent and absolute fun that this band brought to our wedding night. It was a nonstop dance party from the minute the guests walked in until the lights went on. All of our guests came up to us remarking how wonderful the band was, and friends of ours at our wedding even booked this band for their upcoming wedding. We cannot recommend New Your City Swing enough! Book this band!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Devon · Married on 05/20/2016

NYC Swing is absolutely amazing! My husband and I were married in May 2016 and NYC Swing played our reception – there was not a single guest who didn’t come up to us and rave about how incredible the band was! Dore and the musicians are incredibly talented and professional, and had everyone on the dance floor – young and old – for the entire reception. Their range of music was perfect, and their energy and personality absolutely made our wedding. The band is phenomenal – our family and friends still can’t get over how great they were! Not only that, but Dore was extremely responsive and thoughtful throughout the entire planning process and went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect – the band even learned a few songs, including our first dance. We HIGHLY recommend NYC Swing for an amazing wedding!

Sent on 06/19/2016

This is THE BAND! We prioritized the band and saw a number of other groups. Our venue recommended we check them out because they had recently "brought down the house". They were able to do a lot of personalized song versions for us after we sent them YouTube videos that we liked. Everyone is still raving about how amazing they were! We barely left the dance floor all night and multiple guests complained to us about how sore they were the following week from dancing all night! They were a little more expensive that some other bands this size we had looked at, but the quality was on a different level from any other group we looked at. For our date and size, we had Uptown Swing. We went to New York to see them on afternoon and they were fantastic, we booked the next day and definitely do NOT regret it!

Sent on 05/27/2016

We had our wedding on Saturday night (12/5) and I cannot say enough about how phenomenal this band is.

Tim, their musical director, was an absolute pleasure to work with. He met with us before the wedding to discuss every detail and was incredibly professional and personable.

The musicians in the band are incredibly talented. It sounded like their was a full orchestra at our wedding.

All of our guests cannot get over how amazing the artists were. Several people said that Charlie Howard is the best singer since Sinatra himself. They nailed every genre of music and had our guests on the dance floor from start to finish. BIGZ is like Biggie re-born and absolutely killed Juicy and Empire State of Mind. Carl's rendition of SHOUT was amazing, Von and Jimi were on the dance floor all night mingling with the crowd, and Yvette and Toni were absolutely phenomenal.

We've been to two prior weddings where this band has performed (which is why we chose to book them for ours) and they knocked it out of the park all three times. They are by bar the best wedding band we have every heard.

Book them. Trust them. Let them do their thing. You will not regret it.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Kristin · Married on 07/03/2015

All I can say about NYC Swing is WOW! When my husband and I started looking at vendors, we decided we cared the most about the quality of the band. The number one question leaving the wedding (literally asked by EVERYONE!) was--WHERE did you find that band?! People were up and dancing the entire night. They played hit after hit, and mixed up the songs based on how the crowd was feeling. Dore and Tim were great to work with leading up to the big day, and then there was ROZ--the most entertaining, talented singer I've ever seen up close. She worked that crowd like crazy! You know you've just had the best night of your life when, after the last song, the entire crowd comes into the center of the dance floor for a gigantic, loving, pumped up group hug. Thanks NYC Swing!

Brittany · Married on 06/06/2015

New York City Swing's performance was the absolute highlight of my June 2015 wedding. I can't count how many times I heard, "Best. Band. Ever."

When we went to NYC Swing's showcase, we knew they were the right choice as soon as one of the lead singers stood on top of the audience's chairs and belted out R-E-S-P-E-C-T. We knew they could handle a rowdy crowd! And boy did they! They had our guests dancing all night long. They knew exactly how to engage the crowd and keep guests of all generations glued to the dance floor. They have the ability to play off of each other and improvise, which is absolutely priceless.

I would recommend NYC Swing to anyone without reservations. I only hope I can be invited to the party!

Ari · Married on 05/31/2015

Almost a month after our wedding, our guests are still talking about our band at our wedding. NY Swing was so easy to work with and did a great job, that i would recommend them to anyone. Dore was easy to work with, and even though we had some issues that came up, we worked around them to make our day the special event it turned out to be. You can't go wrong with NY Swing, and I would give them a score higher than a 5 if I could.

Sent on 06/23/2015

For our wedding, we had a 7 piece band, led by Dore. Dory was incredible. He met with us several weeks before the wedding, was so easy to work with and open to all requests. NYC Swing used our song list – but also read the crowd superbly, and adapted to keep the dancing going. Starting with the keyboard/trumpet duo during cocktail hour, to the five-hour reception, where the dance floor was crowded all night long. NYC Swing has an extensive repertoire – and also learned several of our special songs. Through the evening, our guests continually remarked on how amazing they thought the band was.

Alix · Married on 03/28/2015

We could not have been happier with NYC Swing. From the moment we first heard them at their showcase, we loved them. We worked with Dore to figure out which musicians we wanted, and he was always helpful and enthusiastic throughout the process. We then worked with Tim who helped us choose our music. He was very patient and helpful with suggestions of what works and what doesn't, in order to keep our party dancing the whole time. Throughout our entire wedding, our guests were coming up to us to tell us how much they loved the band. Their energy was off the charts, and they played every song we wanted them to play. They interacted with our guests and made sure everyone was up and having a great time. We had a few unknown songs we wanted played, and they learned all of them perfectly. We couldn't have been happier and would highly recommend NYC Swing to anyone looking for a fun, energetic band who will keep your guests dancing the whole time!

Sent on 04/12/2015
  • User4202259 · 2+ years ago

NYC Swing had played at a wedding my husband and I attended and we knew from that day that we wanted them to play at our wedding. We worked closely with Dore and Tim, they were both extremely helpful and responsive. Tim was a huge help in organizing the music being played and they worked around what the crowd wanted. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire time! We choose an unconventional first dance song, the band learned the song and was able to slow it down. It came out perfect! We are still getting compliments on the high energy, versatility and the show that NYC Swing put on at our wedding! Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Dore is the most amazing band leader we could have ever asked for and truly MADE our wedding which is saying a lot since it was on New Year's Eve. He was so nice from the start and probably my favorite vendor throughout the whole process. Three years later people, I swear people talk to me about it almost once a month. It was non-stop that night and week after. He was so great, if you want an amazing band that people will really remember for putting on a good time you must get them!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Marissa · Married on 09/21/2014

Absolutely the best band out there!!! They made our wedding reception so special. The quality of professionalism and musicians simply cannot be matched. They were amazing. So many of our guests are still talking about how wonderful they were. Dore, the owner, is very easy to work with and accommodating. He is a seasoned professional who makes sure everything is done just right. The entire band and singers are at the top of their game - amazing sound and energy. USE THEM - they are worth every penny!!

Sent on 12/26/2014

Joanna · Married on 09/07/2014

OMG!! New York City Swing made the whole wedding!! I can't tell you how many guest came up to me and told me my band was fantastic! (my wedding was months ago and people are still talking about the band). I have also received inquiries after the wedding for people that want to use New York City Swing. We are recommending them to everyone. Honestly, looking back I would book them first before securing my wedding location - just to make sure they are free. They are that good! Not only fantastic musicians but amazing entertainers! And completely professional. I can't wait to go to another event that they perform. They are worth every penny and I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 12/30/2014

adam · Married on 05/24/2014

RIDICULOUS! Absolutely amazing! New York City Swing was everything that we had envisioned - AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!! We got married on Saturday May 24th at Old Westbury Hebrew Congregation. All of our guests are still talking about how amazing, interactive and "over the top" New York City Swing was! They had the dance floor packed the entire night. Dory and Tim were great to work with - organized, responsive, and truly professional. They know exactly what it takes to keep the dance floor packed and guests bouncing around - there is absolutely no need to give them song suggestions or any guidance. Roz was able to get every sing person in the room on the dance floor with her energy and charm! Bigz is truly spectacular and will leave your guests absolutely blown away. We would recommend New York City Swing to anyone and everyone who is interested in having the best band in NY at their wedding.

Sent on 06/05/2014