Nessa K Photography Reviews

View more information

• Olga
    Olga S. Married on 08/05/2021

Work of art

Oh boy, where to begin..Vince and I had an engagement/home session with Nessa. From the very beginning she was super responsive to emails and understood what we wanted; and what we wanted was to capture our love for each other, our lovely cat, our live in Hampden, Baltimore and our apartment.
    Both Vince and I have never done professional photography (we don’t actually even have too many pictures together), so we both were very anxious at first but after meeting Nessa everything just felt super comfortable and familiar. I’m not sure when and how she was able to capture some of the photos, honestly..(possibly some wizard magic). The entire session seemed like catching up with an old friend. This is how comfortable Nessa makes you feel.
    Nessa quite possibly overdelivered and provided us with the best pictures we could hope for. Her photography and style are work of art. Period. It is that good.
    If you want to have unique, vibrant photos to enjoy for years and years to come you need to stop your search right now and book Nessa. You will not be disappointed.
  • Christine
    Christine M. Married on 10/10/2020

Responsive, Talented, Sweet!

I had the pleasure of working with Nessa this year and it was an absolute delight! She is super responsive, crazy talent, and so sweet! As a planner, it is always wonderful when other vendors keep in communication leading up until the day of to ensure we service our couples to the best of our abilities, and Nessa did just that! The pictures she captured are an exact representation of the day itself, and it is so easy to relive the moments through her photography. Can't wait to work with her again!
    Mengjia W. Married on 05/03/2020

The best!!

I am really happy to have chosen Nessa to shoot our engagement photos. The moment I saw her portfolio I fell in love with her style and was really excited to work with her. She is super nice in person and is willing to accommodate my really early schedule on a really chilly morning. She made us very comfortable which is important for us as we can be quite shy in front of the cameras. The most important thing is that the photos turned out great and she really captured the beautiful and intimate moments. I am already looking forward to working with her in the future!
  • Alex
    Alex Married on 05/18/2019

Simply the best!

Nessa is simply the best! She is so easy to work with, and her photos are GORGEOUS! We used her for both our engagement and wedding day photos- and we are thrilled already with the work she has done!
    Hannah Married on 05/26/2018
    Hiring Nessa to be our wedding photographer was THE BEST decision we made in our entire planning process. She is lovely, warm, and makes you feel instantly comfortable. She is also incredibly talented, and will capture all the best moments of your day. Going through the pictures, it feels like there was no detail, sweet exchange, or smile that she didn't catch. All of my family and friends are in awe of these pictures, and are already talking about hiring her as their wedding or family photographer. And we were so surprised by the lovely way our thumb drive of pictures arrived! The wedding weekend flew by, but these pictures are the perfect manifestation of the momentous day my husband and I shared. Thank you so much Nessa! - Hannah and Hugh
  • jessica
    Jessica Married on 05/19/2018
    Nessa is amazing. Our wedding photos are absolutely beautiful. After spending way too much time researching photographers - I realize it was all worth it because we ended up with one of the best. I was initially drawn in by her ability to capture moments - smiles, laughs, tears - the real emotion behind a wedding rather than the posed shots with a ton of eye contact. When we talked about that on our initial call, I felt she really understood what we were looking for. The day of she was like a stealth photographer - you didn't even know she was there. I think my mom even made a comment how she always found the best spot to blend in and get the shot. This ultimately resulted in fantastic shots of everyone being very natural - exactly what we wanted. Hire her. She's the best. Plus, if you're not into people taking your picture like I am - have no fear - she makes it enjoyable. Will definitely work with her again in the future. :)
    Lee Married on 03/03/2018
    The best! Amazing to work with and an awesome human being. We really want to do all our photos before the ceremony so we could enjoy ourselves from the cocktail hour onward, and Nessa was able to do 1.5 hours worth of photos in 1 hour. Despite the short time period, the photos we've seen so far are incredible. In addition, she and her other shooter never stopped hustling all night long. We are so glad we hired her.
    Sarah Married on 02/14/2018
    Nessa is HANDS DOWN the BEST decision we made for our wedding. Every single aspect of our experience with her was nothing short of magical.

1. The Photos - Due to some negative experiences in the past with getting our pictures taken, it was extremely important to us that our wedding photos capture the best versions of ourselves, not our worst. ENTER NESSA. When we got our engagement pictures back, we were utterly speechless at how incredible they were. We looked so happy and natural and just.. like us. The best version of us. We had been so nervous and insecure about how we look in pictures, and Nessa swept allllll that away.
    The wedding pictures.. let me tell you, they were on a DIFFERENT LEVEL altogether. It means more than I could ever explain in words to be so in love with your wedding photos, and Nessa gave us that gift. She captured every single moment of the day with such artistry, and there are so many little moments we saw through these photos that we either didn't remember, or didn't see to begin with. The posed portraits are absolute works of art, and as expected from her style the candids are fantastic and smile-inducing. The quality of her work is unparalleled.

2, The Experience - Nessa is a DELIGHT to work with. She is such a genuinely sweet and funny person, and half the time we didn't even feel like we were being photographed. She somehow can keep everything super fun and natural, without over-posing you, but still have the pictures look like they should be in a magazine. She is a consummate professional, not missing a beat under any circumstance, but also makes you feel so at ease and like you're just hanging out with a friend. The turnaround time was amazing, and we maintained super quick, super thorough, super considerate communication throughout the entire process.

We cannot recommend Nessa enough. We will be back year after year for anniversary shoots, family shoots, absolutely everything.
    John Married on 11/11/2017
    Everyone has fears for the wedding photography on their wedding day, do I look good? Will I look dumb dancing?

When we got the photo's back from Nessa we were floored, we not only got great photo's but she captured the joy and spirit of the event in a way we didn't think was going to be possible. We knew she was a great photographer from her portfolio, what we didn't know was how well she would understand and capture the important moments of our wedding while remaining completely professional. She is amazing and the photography is amazing and our only regret is that we can't have her capture our wedding over and over again.

She created memories for us, not just pictures.
    Meghan Married on 10/07/2017
    Wedding pictures were really important to me right from the start of planning, so I spent a lot of time searching for the right photographer to capture the kind of style I was looking for. I am SO glad I found Nessa. I really wanted someone who could capture the candid moments, and she did so perfectly, while still giving us beautiful portraits. As a few other reviewers have said, her photos speak for themselves. I remember looks at her blog and wondering "but will ours look that great? and the answer was yes, absolutely. She is magical that way. There is a warmth and a genuineness to her style that I fell in love with. Even my husband, who usually isn't excited by photos, however professional, absolutely adored our wedding photos and agreed she was worth every single penny.

Nessa is also incredibly wonderful to work with, right from day one. She is so easy-going, sweet, and humorous and she put us both at ease--we never felt uncomfortable in front of the camera and I think that comfort and ease really show through in her photos in the natural emotions she is able to capture. She was always incredibly responsive and helpful, and probably the most organized and professional vendor I've ever worked with. I really appreciated all the pre-planning she did that made the craziness of the wedding day so much easier to handle. She also helped us choose a location for our engagement photos and seamlessly went with the flow on the wedding day. I really can't say enough good things about working with her. We will treasure our photos for years to come and I can't wait to find another reason to hire her!
    Annie Married on 09/30/2017
    Nessa's photos of our wedding day were incredible! She captured everything so well and we barely noticed she was there snapping away :)!

Nessa's work is artistic and creative and captured our wedding exactly as I was hoping! I didn't want a lot of cheesy posed photos so she steered away from that and did such an amazing job!!!

I listed out all photos I wanted taken for Nessa and things that were important to me and she did an amazing job sticking to that and capturing the things I wanted most on my day.

Nessa was also great with the photo album follow up as well and put together a seriously amazing video of our photos w/music. I didn't use a videographer so this was especially great! Nessa is talented and has great taste. If you want to avoid cheesy wedding photos and get a sophisticated and cool photo vibe for your wedding go with Nessa!!!!
    Renee Married on 07/29/2017
    Where to begin. This review is long overdue!! I stumbled upon Nessa's blog late one night down the rabbit hole of lifestyle blogs. I wasn't even engaged and yet and the moment I found her I knew. We live across the country and the moment we started wedding planning my husband and I reached out to Nessa without a second thought and we're SO incredibly happy we did. Somehow she was able to capture the most intimate details while telling our story without us being the wiser. When we first received a sneak peek of our wedding photos we sat on our couch for at least an hour weeping. Aside from Nessa being impossibly talented and working magic, she's just the sweetest person. A couple of my favorite memories of our day were created because of Nessa. Joking about the heat wave coming the next day as she knew I was so stressed about being hot. Prompting us to check out the tiny room enclosed by curtains hiding our doughnut wall that smelled oh so sugary sweet. She's an incredible human and a fantastic photographer and we couldn't feel luckier to have worked with her on our special day. We cannot wait to call her in the future when little ones come into the mix. Truly, we couldn't recommend her more to anyone looking to partner with someone so supportive, kind and talented.
    Katey Married on 05/22/2016
    Nessa was the perfect choice for our wedding photographer. She is incredibly talented; her photos speak for themselves. But what you don’t fully understand until you work with Nessa is how wonderful of a person she is. We felt so comfortable and at ease in front of the camera, laughing and goofing around with her. Her process is so thoughtful, and we couldn’t have had a better experience. Hoping to find more excuses to work with her again!
    Jeffrey Married on 11/28/2015
    Nessa is a delight. She took the time to get to know us and build ideas about how to best capture the photos that we will have on out walls for the rest of our lives. At the wedding she was a perfect balance of "in-charge" and letting things happen naturally. She got everyone where they needed to be, when they needed to be there to ensure my wife and I got all the predetermined photos we told her we wanted. We didn't not want any overly cheesy photos, so Nessa's style and portfolio were perfect for us. During staged picture it felt like we were making art rather than posing for pictures. Not only is Nessa wonderful to work with, her eye for the occasion and her artistic nature made us very comfortable to trust all the beauty and all the emotion would be captured perfectly.
    Hillary Married on 03/28/2015
    Nessa was an incredible wedding and engagement photographer from start to finish. Neither of us are comfortable in front of the camera but she is incredibly skilled at making it look like you are! She was professional, reliable, and totally put us at ease.

An entire paragraph could be dedicated to how talented she is in general, but obviously her images are gorgeous and can totally speak for themselves. Somehow she captured all the best moments during our wedding day while remaining almost invisible. This was easily the best decision we made in regards to our wedding, she can make magic happen for any wedding, no matter what the details are.

Highly recommended for an engagement session prior to the wedding as well, so you can get to know her style and method of shooting so you can be totally at ease on your wedding day. We will continue to use her for any further photography needs, there is no better option. Thank you again, Nessa, for capturing all of the best moments and all of the love during our wedding, we will be looking at these gorgeous images for a lifetime!
    Jocelyn Married on 05/31/2014
    Words are not enough for how blessed we were to have Nessa shoot our wedding. Great photos were at the top of our priority list and she DELIVERED. She is professional, stylish, artistic, unique, and sweet. I'm low-key and wanted someone I could trust to take the reins. Nessa helped us feel relaxed and helped slow down the pace of our day as we shot with her, just the two of us. It really was one of the highlights from our wedding. Don't even hesitate to work with her. The investment is totally worth it!
    Rebekah Married on 05/25/2014
    Oh my. Having Nessa capture our day was probably the best wedding investment we made. If you’re the Bride or Groom, the wedding day just ZOOMS by in this big whirlwind and you wake up the next day almost wondering if it was a dream. Then, you get your photos back and you get to go back to go right back into those moments and almost press pause to soak them in. The photos you have of that day, you’ll cherish for a lifetime and so it was so important for us to find the right person to capture our sweet day. We looked for a long time, were very picky, and finally found Nessa to be the perfect fit.

Nessa has the ability to take these just amazingly rich & beautiful photos to the eye, but also has this unique ability to capture moments that touch your heart. You’re able to feel the emotion in the moment you’re looking at. As we were swooning over the images (~ 1,000 in BOTH color & bw) she sent us after our honeymoon, my mom said the truest statement “she took photos like she’s known you guys forever- the important people, the expressions, the fun, the depth, she got it all.” We are endlessly thankful for the gift she’s given us by being such a special part of our day.

Having been around the wedding industry a bit, we were SO impressed with Nessa’s client experience. She made us feel totally comfortable and was so personable, while remaining professional and clear throughout the whole process. We never worried about her missing something and that helped us be completely present throughout our day. Nessa K all the way.
  • User1196850 2+ years ago
    I feel so incredibly lucky to have had Nessa as a part such a special day for my husband and I. We knew from the beginning that photography was something important to us both - after the wedding we would not reminisce over the food we ate, the music we danced to, or the invitations we sent out. We recognized the importance of photography in capturing the events and emotions of the day, and sharing it with our friends, family, and future loved ones.

From the moment we discovered Nessa, we were enamored with her ability to capture the intricacies of emotion and relationships. This extends beyond the photographs alone - when Kiehl and I met Nessa for our engagement session, she spent several hours with us to shoot in multiple locations, giving us time to warm up to the notion of being photographed and try out different settings. She made us feel comfortable from the get-go. With all the stress of wedding planning, we found the engagement session to be the most enjoyable pre-wedding event (more than food tasting!). When we saw the photos, we were blown away by her ability to really capture "us".

We haven't received our wedding photos yet, but I've seen sample snapshots and I'm blown away. As someone who is not photogenic and is very camera-shy, Nessa's photos are some of the first where I've actually felt beautiful, comfortable, and real. Even more, having spent some down time with Nessa through all of the shoots, I just enjoyed her company so much. I don't know if I can speak more highly of her, and her photographs. She's just the best, all around.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 07/07/2012
    All I can say is Nessa is amazing! From our first e-mail I knew she was exactly who I wanted to be at my side throughout my wedding day. Nessa took unreal engagement photos for us at Nationals Park and then in Old Town Alexandria. The wedding was no different. She captured every moment and truly painted a picture of our wedding, reception, and the joy of those who were with us. I recommend her with ANY reserve.
    Katy Married on 06/16/2012
    Love Nessa! Our wedding photos we so amazing - she captured the joy and love of the day so flawlessly. No cheesy posing - just us natually in love and happy faces from our family. The pictures are stunning and Nessa is a dream to work with.
    Sofia Married on 05/05/2012
    Nessa is incredibly talented and great to work with. I'd highly recommend her for any bride looking for candid yet artistic pictures. Engagement sessions are part of her packages, and I'd recommend one. Having had one, my husband and I both felt at ease with Nessa (and the camera) on our big day. I appreciate how easy she made taking pictures feel, and how she took so many great pictures without people even noticing. We're still working out which pictures are favorites (there are so many!) and which ones will make it into our album, but I know we'll be happy. Thanks, Nessa!
    Leigh Married on 08/07/2010
    I really cannot say enough good things about Nessa K. I used her for my bridal portraits (my wedding was in another state) and she was AMAZING. Her photos were absolutely gorgeous, which is the most important thing. She's off-the-charts talented. But she's fabulous in about a hundred other ways too. She's quick to return emails - which is SUPER rare in photographer world - and had a really short turnaround time on my photos. Her prices are very reasonable. And she's just fun to hang out with. My bridal session was an absolute blast. You can just tell she has a real passion for great photography. I absolutely and totally recommend Nessa K to anybody looking for a wedding photographer.
  • Mason
    Mason Married on 11/28/2009
    Nessa was wonderful - she's extremely laid back and very much into her craft. I can't tell you how many wedding photographers I've seen that think that they are in charge of the show. Instead Nessa integrated with us and let all of the pictures happen in an organic and beautiful way. She was there for all the formal pictures too, of course, but there wasn't any of that stress to take a hundred pictures when you're herding cats.

Nessa is a "photojournalistic" style of photographer. If you want your wedding to happen naturally, and to get beautiful pictures of the things that actually happened, then she is your gal. If you want a billion posed pictures and you're looking for your pics to be on the staged side, then she's probably not right for you.

The pictures are freaking GORGEOUS. She's an art-school grad, and you can really see that artistic perspective in her work. Seeing her pictures for the first time made me fall in love with my wedding all over again. She's got great shooting skills, and great post-processing skills as well. Plus she's friendly, super-flexible, and doesn't force you into weird packages where you've got to buy all kinds of stuff that you're not really interested in.

She's relatively new to the business, so she's undercharging for her talent right now. Hire her now before her rates skyrocket. She's wonderful.
    Kimberly Married on 05/30/2009
    Nessa is such an amazing photographer!! She is truly talented and her style is unlike that of many. My husband and I were so pleased with our engagement photos, we really cannot wait to see the wedding photos!! I would recommend Nessa to anyone and everyone who is looking for a creative photographer. The photos are not boring and still like most which is what makes her an exceptional artist! Thanks Nessa!! :-)
  • Leona
    Leona Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful, talented photographer!

If you are considering booking Nessa K for your wedding photographer, do it! She is literally the first and only photographer we considered, and we had absolutely no regrets. She really knows her stuff, comes super prepared, and takes wonderful and beautiful photos. We were nervous about looking awkward in our photos (my now husband manages to always make a strange face the second you point a camera at him) and she made us completely comfortable in front of the camera, and therefore not awkward looking at all. We did both our engagement photos and our wedding with Nessa, and we were amazed at how she shoots so quickly and before you even really realize she’s shooting. Our families were impressed at how quickly she moved the family photos along, and everyone loves the way she has captured them. She is a consummate professional, and we will treasure these photos forever. We will be going to Nessa for any future photo needs!