Nelson's Catering Reviews

20 | Springfield, IL

20 Reviews for Nelson's Catering

• Jennifer and Thomas

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2016

Nelson's worked with our dream wedding feast and our reality of a budget. Before we were even their clients Sheila at Nelson's was in constant contact with us! They went out of their way to make sure we were happy. I strongly recommend them to anyone looking for quality food and service for a price you can afford!

richelle · Married on 07/30/2016

Nelsons was fantastic! Food was terrific and they were very easy to work with. Professional and friendly staff made the experience even better!

Kendra · Married on 05/28/2016

I'm so glad I chose Nelson's Catering for our wedding! Everyone raved about the food and especially the cheesy potatoes. I don't know how many times that we heard from our guests that it was the best meal at a wedding that they've ever had. And as a bonus, we got to keep all of the leftovers!

Nelsons Catering is a great company to work with. They not only catered our wedding but our school fundraisers, as well. They supply great food & service!

Peggy · Married on 10/24/2015

Our food was wonderful! The grilled chicken melted in your mouth and the beef brisket was the best I've ever had. Everyone raved about the food.

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/18/2015

To all the Nelson's staff:

A huge "Thank You" to all of you who helped make my wedding day perfect! The food was fantastic and your wait staff was amazing! All the staff working on my wedding night were super polite and professional! Our guests had a wonderful time and were RAVING about the food! Thank you, Cindy, for all your help in the planning process. It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you again, everyone at Nelsons, you have a wonderful team!

Kim · Married on 03/28/2015

Nelson's has stepped up to every request and provided more than we could imagine. While my daughter's wedding is in 2015 and has yet to happen, I, the mother of the bride, have worked with this company for years. They are awesome! I highly recommend Nelson's to anyone needing catering or bar service.

Great food, great communication, flexible and no hassles.

Throughout our planning process, we maintained great communication with Kari and her staff to ensure that every detail was what we envisioned. The food was amazing and we even got to keep the leftovers to enjoy afterwards. Their staff on-site were very attentive and accommodating to our guests. We still receive compliments from guests now about the quality of service that we received on our wedding day.

• Evie

Evie · Married on 06/07/2014

I was having a laid back - low budget wedding and Nelson's was a great option. They were flexible and let me mix and match packages to get exactly what I wanted in a price I could afford. The food was awesome. Lots of our guests told us they loved the food, especially the pulled pork and then corn medley. The service was also great and the plates were cleared in a timely manner. This place is a great value for the service, delicious food, and great prices.

• User3196923 · 2+ years ago

Nelson's was WONDERFUL! They worked with our tight budget and found a way to give us everything we wanted. We still have guests raving about the cheesy potatoes--and I agree, they were amazing!

• FiFi7

Scottish · Married on 10/20/2012

Nelson's was awesome! They are relatively new to our area as they have mainly focused on the Springfield area and towns around / near Peoria, but not Peoria itself. We worked closely with Ashley. She responded quickly via email or phone to all of our questions and concerns. We worked out small dramas the week of the wedding with no problems. Nelson's was also the **ONLY** Catering company we contacted who was willing to offer a military discount. They had the most impressive tasting as well; personalized folders, personalized table cards, free DVDs with pictures of past events and a one-on-one discussion with the caterer. I highly recommend Nelson's; great pricing, easy to work with and the food was fantastic! (Also, as a side note, they offer to let you pick up the leftovers from your event OR donate them to underprivileged children--WHO ELSE DOES THAT?!)

Michelle · Married on 11/06/2010

Nelson's was a great caterer. We decided to go with them, when we went to one of the many tastings they have and i couldn't believe how awesome the food was. The food turned out great and the wait staff was very professional and kind. Everyone at our wedding bragged about how great the food was and how good the selection. Highly recommended!!!!!

Tiffany · Married on 09/03/2016

The food was delicious! Everyone loved it!

• Andrea

Andrea · Married on 06/05/2010

I couldn't have asked for a better caterer. They did a great job and I received many compliments about the food. They offer some unique selections which is nice because you aren't limited to chicken and vegetables. The servers were very professional, and the bartender in particular was very nice, even though my wedding was his third of the day! Definitely recommend Nelsons!

• Tasha

Tasha · Married on 10/06/2012

I'm very satisfied with the services Nelson's provided. I would definitely recommend them! They will cater anywhere within 3 hours driving distance from Springfield at no additional charge!

• Tricia

Tricia · Married on 05/29/2011

Nelson's Catering serviced the venue that we booked. From the appetizers to the dinner, everything was perfect. The food was fresh, delicious, warm, and the presentation was great. I could be happier with how everything turned out. Everyone is still talking about the stuffed cherry tomatoes!

• W

alexis · Married on 06/04/2011

we ordered from the buffet menu instead of the wedding menu... saved a bunch of $$ and i'm still having people tell us how delicious the food was 6 months later! the chicken was great, as well as the smashed potatoes. Working with Ashley was wonderful!

Bill · Married on 02/22/2002

3.6
      3.5
      2.5

very delicious food to select from. i made a wise decision in picking them.

jim · Married on 03/11/2008