NC Weddings of Distinction Reviews

40 Reviews for NC Weddings of Distinction

• W

Whitney Selvidio · Getting married on 06/07/2021

The Best Officiant

Julie Furr was a wonderful officiant because she went above and beyond by adding her own special touches to the wedding ceremony. She asked each one of us a set of questions and then put together a speech that made the ceremony that much more special. We would recommend her to any other couple who is looking for an officiant. We were very pleased with Julie with her and still compliment to say what a great time that we had on the day of the wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2020
  • Hannah

Hannah S · Married on 08/02/2020

5/5 stars for Julie Furr

Julie was fantastic to work with. We were complimented countless times by our guests on how personal our ceremony was. Communicating and planning with Julie was seamless, and she was such a calming presence on the day of our wedding. We were lucky to have her!

Sent on 02/23/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica Garon · Married on 06/05/2020

Perfect Ceremony

Julie was amazing! If you are looking for an officant book Julie you won’t be disappointed. We had several guest wiping back the tears of happiness and she also help include our children into our ceremony.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Anasterasia Terrell · Married on 03/20/2020

Absolutely amazing

My fiance and I planned to get married but due to the corona virus everything was closing and we didnt want to change our date. I was recommended her by people after looking for an officiant through facebook. Ms. Julie was very flexible and charged a reasonable price to marry my fiance and me. The ceremony she put together for us was very nice and such an amazing moment. It was also last minute, about 2 days before and she was able to make our special day happy. Very pleasant, professional, and we loved every part of it. I highly recommend her for anyone. She was the absolute best.

Sent on 03/20/2020
  • Whitney

Whitney Tate · Married on 03/14/2020

Personalized and Perfect

The ceremony was the perfect amount of laughter and joy. We chose Julie because she made us laugh and her services did not disappoint. Our guests were extremely complimentary of her services!

Sent on 03/17/2020

Maclean · Married on 02/29/2020

Best officiant ever!

We are so happy that we had Julie as our officiant. She wrote the perfect ceremony and we really felt like she understood exactly what we wanted. She was also super organized and responsive. If you are looking for the best-pick her!! We can’t not thank her enough.

Sent on 03/01/2020

Don Baker · Married on 12/21/2019

Overall exceptional experience for wedding ceremony. Highly professional and goes over and beyond to provide the best service possible.

Julie was absolutely great from our first meeting until the end of the wedding ceremony. Very responsive and helped plan and coordinate the entire process. She was able to accommodate our request to incorporate Spanish in the ceremony for my wife’s family. She included special parts of the ceremony that were very unique that I had not witnessed in other weddings. Was very animated and uplifting in her delivery of the ceremony. Overall fabulous job and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/25/2019
  • Miss

Miss Meredith · Married on 12/10/2019

"You got the best officiant!" - Our wedding guests

We knew the moment we sat down for coffee with Julie that she was the one we wanted to officiate our wedding. She has such a relaxed, warm personality and it definitely came through at the ceremony. Our guests took notice as well, commenting how much they enjoyed the ceremony and how well she tailored it to reflect my husband and me and the love we have for each other. The packet she provided us was SO helpful in figuring out how we wanted our ceremony to flow. Before the big day, she asked each of us questions about the other and incorporated our answers into the ceremony. Everything was very personalized. She has such a calm demeanor, but can still keep everyone on track when they're getting distracted. Huge thank you to Julie for making our day even more special!!! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Mrs. Parks2

Mrs. Parks2 · Married on 10/19/2019

We’re married!

Julie was extremely personable in all the conversations leading up to the wedding. She took care of our paperwork so we didn’t have to worry about it. She sent us a packet with questions to answer and was very thorough in getting the needed information to personalize our ceremony. I was shocked, however, when on the day of the morning of the ceremony she asked me to shorten my pre-written vows bc my fiancée’s vows weren’t as long as mine. I ended up not changing the vows at all and it was perfect.
    The way she personalized the ceremony with our words was great. We didn’t realize she was going to read the answers to all (or most) of the questions she asked us about each other. That part could’ve been tweaked a little. If I could do it differently, I would have shortened that section. Had we known or been able to review that section, it would’ve given us an opportunity to provide specific feedback.
    All in all it was a nice ceremony & her fee is very reasonable.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Christine

Christine Kostic · Married on 10/05/2019

Julie is amazing!

Julie took the time to get to know us, and gave us a personalized, meaningful wedding ceremony. She is very expressive, with an appropriate mix of funny, serious, sensitive, warm, and caring words. She will cater to your exact wishes. We loved her immediately and you will. too!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 09/28/2019

September 28,2019 wedding

Such a beautiful ceremony, Julie was incredible in guiding us to make a personalized ceremony. She was so responsive, and also a great job with making me (bride) feel at ease in planning for the wedding day.

Also, I loved that she took the time to pray with it husband and I before walking down the isle (after first look), she even printed it out for us to have something wonderful for us to look at in the years to come. If you’re looking for an Officant I highly recommend Julie for your wedding day ceremony and we will be forever thankful to her.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Cindy · Married on 09/22/2019

Julie was amazing!!

She did a wonderful job during our ceremony. We would recommend her to anybody who is looking for an officiant. We were very satisfied with her service, she was very organize and professional.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Kassi

Kassi Greer · Married on 09/21/2019

The best of the best!

First and foremost, I want to start by saying I am beyond grateful that my husband and I chose Julie as our officiant for our big day. I will start at the beginning of our interaction- About six months before our wedding I reached out to Julie and got a response extremely fast. She was personable, courteous, and was very informative of her services and associated prices. She ALWAYS showed extreme interest in having the opportunity to officiate our wedding and went above and beyond in contributing her ideas in order to help us reach what we had in mind for our ceremony. Needless to say, she was more than willing to drive OVER an hour from her home to our ceremony site without a second thought. Fast forward to our first meeting with Julie; She was extremely calm and laid back, making the conversation not only effortless, but we never at any point felt uncomfortable around her while expressing our ideas for our ceremony. She kept us laughing, and encouraged us to explore ideas that we had in mind to make our ceremony personal and special. She also encouraged a little bit of adventure as well throughout our meeting by providing unique ideas and encouraging us to think outside of the box. She provides a questionnaire that both the bride and groom are to answer separately without sharing answers. This played a huge part in our ceremony, as it guided our minds to express in words how we met, fell in love, and why we were committing our lives to be with one another.  Fast forward again to our wedding day. Julie arrived on time and ready to go! (Again, she drove over an hour ONE WAY to be there on our wedding day). Honestly, Julie is an individual that when you meet, you feel like you have known for a lifetime. She understands the emotions that every couple goes through on their wedding day and allows each couple the opportunity to really reflect on the love and commitment they are wanting to share not only on their wedding day, but for the rest of their lives. We really enjoyed her company on our wedding day as she is easy to get along with, all while showing the professionalism that any wedding vendor should have. She also took care of sending in our marriage license in order to alleviate post-wedding stress. Finally, Julie also went above and beyond by providing us with a handmade memoir of our wedding ceremony that will continue to allow us to relive our wedding day for many years to come. We truly could not have asked for a better officiant, and we will definitely continue to refer friends and family to utilize her services.

Sent on 12/07/2019
  • W

Whitney Bowman · Married on 09/19/2019

Best Wedding Ceremony Ever!

My husband and I were beyond thrilled with the ceremony that Julie creates for our wedding. Everyone at our wedding said it was the best ceremony they’ve heard. She truly captured the essence of both of our personalities, and she created a wonderfully unique ceremony that was incredibly meaningful. We highly recommend Julie as the best wedding officiant we’ve ever met.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Kristen · Married on 06/23/2019

Julie is a wonderful wedding officiant!

Julie really went above and beyond to make our wedding day special. She really took time to get to know us and expressed my husband and my love perfectly during the ceremony! She was also very helpful in other ways - I was told later that she helped the wedding party quite a bit before the ceremony, which we deeply appreciated. She brings an aura of love and light with her, which is what everyone wants in an officiant! We very highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Suzanne

Suzanne Owen · Married on 05/04/2019

The perfect match!

My husband and I were so lucky to find Julie to officiate our wedding ceremony. From our first meeting to our actual wedding day, and all of the communication in between, we really felt Julie's dedication to making our day special.
    She helped us customize our ceremony to truly reflect our personalities and relationship. There were humourous moments and touching moments, and a lot of joy and love. It was exactly what we had hoped for! The fact that she takes time to get to know the couple and what is important to them is what makes Julie so great at what she does. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Chappell · Married on 04/27/2019

Personalized Ceremony - Highly Recommend

Julie was fantastic to work with! She customized our ceremony to make it extremely personalized and unforgettable. We answered questions about each other separately with Julie, and she inserted the answers into our ceremony perfectly. Family and friends told us that they truly enjoyed that our ceremony was unique and could feel our personalities and love for each other shining through! We highly recommend Julie to officiate any wedding!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Hannah · Married on 04/13/2019

Julie was amazing!

Our ceremony was perfect and our guests loved it!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Tim Orr · Married on 04/06/2019

Great experience

Julie did a great job with our wedding. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Morgan · Married on 03/30/2019

Working with Julie is a dream!

Working with Julie as our officiant was one of the best decisions we made! For our wedding, we looked for vendors that came highly recommended and she did not disappoint! Every conversation, email, and meeting was easy to schedule, thorough, and fun! She truly listened to what we wanted for our ceremony, how we wanted it to be authentic to us, and she helped us create something truly special and unique. There were tears, there was laughter, and it was clear that there was a lot of love in our ceremony and vows! We cannot say enough great things about Julie and her work and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • Angelica

Angelica · Married on 03/29/2019

Julie is simply amazing!

When looking for an officiant for our wedding, we were truly stumped, but then found Julie right here on Weddingwire! We knew from our first meeting that Julie would be perfect for our ceremony. She can tailor make a ceremony from scratch to match any couple's preference, and we appreciated how sensitive she was to the exact language we preferred and to the little details we wanted to add to make our ceremony unique to us. Julie is friendly, professional and simply a joy to work with!

Sent on 04/07/2019

Hm Hw · Married on 02/23/2019

Superb service

Julie is easy to work with, is professional and laid back so you feel comfortable with her, and does her job well. It was a pleasure to meet her and have her officiate our ceremony. She asks questions to get to know the couple before the ceremony so there's a personal touch that makes the ceremony even more sentimental.

Sent on 03/09/2019
  • Philip

Philip · Married on 01/18/2019

Love is Love

Julie was great! My husband and I were initially nervous about using an officiant that neither of us knew and making sure the officiant would perform a same sex marriage. However, after our meeting to finalize the layout of the ceremony all our concerns were gone. It was like we had known Julie a lifetime. She was awesome to work with and tailored our ceremony to exactly what we wanted! She sends out a packet that allows you to choose the wording and vows you like and enjoys the collaboration to make each ceremony unique. We received so many compliments on the ceremony from our guests. We could not have been more pleased with our choice of Julie!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Jeffrey

Jeffrey Hill · Married on 12/28/2018

Amazing!

This was by far the greatest experience by an amazing lady, Julie Furr. We can’t thank you enough for everything you did for us as Traci and me begin our marriage forever!!!!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Autumn · Married on 11/17/2018

Definitely Recommend!

Julie did such an amazing job officiating our wedding. From the moment we met her, she was professional and kind. She went above and beyond to make sure our ceremony was personal; it was exactly what we hoped for!

Sent on 06/09/2019