nc secular weddings Reviews

45 Reviews for nc secular weddings

45 nc secular weddings Reviews
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 11/02/2018

Warm and heartfelt ceremony!

Kenna is just the kindest, warmest human being and we are so happy she performed our wedding. She wrote an absolutely beautiful and personalized ceremony for us. We got complements from so many of our guests about how wonderful Kenna was and that the ceremony was just perfect. Obviously, we couldn't agree more!! She even endured a little rain that started during our unity ceremony. :) And as far as the process leading up to our special day, Kenna was very responsive to all our emails and communicated the steps we could expect along the way. We just adore Kenna and would highly recommend her to anyone who wants a loving, heartfelt ceremony.

Amy · Married on 10/07/2018

Kenna is amazing!!

Kenna is such a great person! She’s super nice and you can tell she really cares about the couples she marries. We had a difficult time finding someone who would do an entirely secular wedding and who didn’t seem to be condescending about our choices. However, Kenna was genuinely accepting and excited about our choices. We could tell right away that she was going to be a good fit for us. Even though it took multiple drafts to finalize our ceremony (because we were super picky), it was obvious throughout that process that Kenna was creative and fully invested in designing the perfect ceremony for us. In order to get to know us better, she had each of us answer monthly questions. She gave us a copy of our answers after the ceremony and we had so much fun reading our answers to each other. Her delivery of the ceremony was fantastic, and we are so grateful for her role in our wedding.

• Allie

Allie · Married on 10/06/2018

One of Kind, we'll remember her words for a lifetime.

Kenna was incredible, 100% genuine, super organized, and she really took the time to get to know us. She went above and beyond to make our wedding ceremony truly reflect our relationship in all of the quirky, cheese-loving, nerdy, and nuanced ways that we do.

The ceremony was beautiful and perfect. So many people came up to us and said that what Kenna wrote was the most unique and beautiful ceremony they had ever been to and her voice is incredible.

On the day of the wedding, she was a bright light of calm, positivity, and happiness, which was so calming to everyone as we walked down the aisle. If you are looking for a secular officiant in the Triangle, look to further, Kenna is the girl for you!

Erik · Married on 09/28/2018

Kenna was wonderful. She met with us to learn our story, and helped us plan the perfect ceremony. The day of the ceremony, we forgot about music, Kenna saved the day with her beautiful singing voice.

Jamie · Married on 06/12/2018

Kenna officiated our June wedding and we could not have been more pleased with her service and with our ceremony. She's a pro, super organized, keeps you on track with the logistics of applying for a marriage license leading up to the day and the marriage certificate afterward. Communication was excellent and her fee extremely reasonable. We chose her simple ceremony script and it was just beautiful. We did personalize one part of it and she incorporated it without question. We received many compliments from our guests on the beautiful ceremony. Kenna, we absolutely loved working with you and will cherish you always. Thank you so much!!

Meghan · Married on 05/19/2018

From the moment that my husband and I met Kenna for an initial consultation, we knew she was the perfect person that we wanted to officiate our wedding. She took the time to get to know us as individuals and as a couple through our responses to monthly questions, and she wrote the most perfect, personalized ceremony for us. So many guests came up to us during the reception and mentioned how special the ceremony was, and how "us" it was. Kenna was kind, flexible, professional, and responsive during the whole process. Also, how could I forget how sincere and warm her voice was during our ceremony?! Our ceremony was absolutely perfect, and Kenna is responsible for that!

Janet & Jay · Married on 04/21/2018

Kenna was so amazing through the entire process! When we got married, we had been living on opposite sides of the country for almost a year. Kenna was able to do some webcam conferencing in lieu of sitting down with us. She had great input on ideas like a ring warming and a unity ceremony, and was super accommodating of all our questions. When the big day came, she was extraordinary. The ceremony she crafted was beautiful. People have continued to comment well after the wedding how incredible she was, and wondering if she'd known us both personally because she created such a warm and personal message of love. I cannot say enough positive things about her!

nc secular weddings 1
    nc secular weddings 2

Leah · Married on 09/24/2017

Kenna is such a sweet lady and very easy to work with. She is very responsive to her emails as that was one of the most important things when planning a wedding.

Sent on 10/09/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you Leah! It was an honor to stand with you and Derrick as you married each other. Thank you for your kind review. All my love!

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2017

Let me just say, if we hadn't hired Kenna to marry us our wedding would have been dull and lacking all the love that one wants. She is absolutely amazing she had every one there tearing up and laughing. She made it so memorable so unique and so perfect. She was worth every penny and honestly I'd pay double just to have her again if you are looking for someone who takes pride in their work and puts honest time into the ceremony they create for you this is where you need to go. I could never imagine anyone else being there. Not only was she an amazing officiant I think she's going to become a wonderful friend!

Sent on 10/07/2017
    nc secular weddings 3
    nc secular weddings 4
    nc secular weddings 5

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for letting me be part of your love story! I loved meeting your family and friends. Thank you for your kind review, I am the lucky one. My love to you both!

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2017

Kenna at NC Secular Weddings did an amazing job for my husband and I. She is kind, fun, and really cares about the people she works with. We had so much fun working with Kenna to plan our ceremony, she answered all of our silly questions and guided us through every step of the way. She helped us with our vows, gave us interesting ideas on what we could do for our ceremony and wrote a beautiful ceremony that our guests and I loved. I would recommend NC Secular Weddings for anyone!

Sent on 09/29/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! I loved working with you and Jim to create your ceremony. Thank you for letting me be part of your lifelong love story!

Aryn · Married on 05/27/2017

Kenna was so fun to work with and we love the personalized ceremony she created for us. It was lovely and we've already had a lot of compliments on how it was so unique and special!

Sent on 06/15/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Aryn! It was my honor and pleasure to stand with you and Alvin as you married each other.

Kate · Married on 05/20/2017

Kenna is lovely just to be around, an incredible, thoughtful officiant, and someone capable of injecting joy into any situation. My husband and I loved meeting with her, and we were so thankful that she officiated our wedding so beautifully. We would hire her a million times over again! Thank you, Kenna!

Sent on 06/13/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Kate! It was an honor to stand with you and Patrick as you married each other.

Seth · Married on 05/14/2017

Kenna was fantastic! We were married in a rose garden in Raleigh, and we could not have asked for a better ceremony. She helped us plan a lovely event and gave a very touching speech. It captured so much of who we are and what we hope to enjoy in marriage. Kenna really put her heart and love into creating a memorable experience for everyone there.

Sent on 06/03/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Seth! It was my great honor to work with you and Kay. All my love to you!

Kate · Married on 04/29/2017

Kenna enhanced our day. She included personal information about how we came to be along with describing both of our personalities and how we are as a couple. She is extremely relatable. There is no doubt that this is her passion and she will make it her mission to make your day as special as it deserves to be. Our guest were so impressed that there were several requesting her card for their upcoming nuptials.

Sent on 05/12/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Kate! I loved standing with you and Jimmy as you married each other!

Erin · Married on 04/22/2017

Kenna was truly amazing!! She made our ceremony so special and meaningful- so many guests kept saying it was the best ceremony they had ever seen! Everyone was crying! Kenna has such a calming personality and is full of light- she really put us at easy from the beginning and is a great spokeswoman for LOVE :).

She really lead us through the whole process from beginning to end and created a completely custom ceremony for us at a great price. Even our conservative religious families fell in love with her. If you want a meaningful, honest, romantic ceremony she's THE BEST!!

Sent on 04/27/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your kindness Erin! It was an honor to stand with you and Bret as you married each other. Many happy returns of the day to you both!

Regina · Married on 04/22/2017

Our wedding was amazing. Kenna was awesome. She was easy to work . She did an wonderful job. Thank you so much.

Hannah · Married on 04/01/2017

Kenna was a wonderful officiant for our wedding this past Saturday. We loved her at our first meeting. She would send us monthly questions about our relationship to answer separately, which she then used to create our ceremony script. We got the script one month out, and were able to change as much or as little as we wanted. The ceremony was wonderful and we had several people say they enjoyed hearing our vows.

Sent on 04/03/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Hannah! It was fantastic to work with you and Galen create your wedding ceremony. Many happy returns of the day to you both!

Keith · Married on 03/25/2017

Keena was wonderful throughout the entire process. She is so warm and loving. Our first officiant bailed on us and we could not be more thankful that he did. We can't imagine it being anyone else standing there with us. We cannot recommend her enough. Just a perfect fit!!! We have much love for Keena and I am sure you will too.

Sent on 04/12/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Keith! It was my pleasure and honor to stand with you and Dana as you married each other. Many happy returns of the day to you both!

Gleniz · Married on 03/18/2017

Kenna is wonderful. She is very flexible to work with and I love how she provided us information on every step we needed to make. The ceremony was beautiful we loved everything our family and friends enjoyed it a lot

Sent on 03/26/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your kindness Gleniz. It was a beautiful wedding and I am honored to have served your family.

Bob · Married on 03/05/2017

We're so glad that we chose Kenna for our ceremony. It was everything we wanted.

Brittany · Married on 02/25/2017

Kenna was one of the best parts of our wedding day! From the moment we met her, she set the tone for how things would go. She came to our first meeting totally prepared and enthusiastic to incorporate our kooky ideas into our ceremony. Throughout the course of our engagement and wedding planning, she sent monthly emails and helpful reminders, then worked our responses into our ceremony. At the rehearsal she was cool and accommodating, even when we completely changed the order of our 24 person bridal/grooms party.

Aside from her organization and attention to detail, Kenna is just a wonderful person. She was truly invested in our happiness and was willing to go above and beyond to make our day special. She even ended our ceremony with an Albus Dumbledore quote because she knew I love Harry Potter. And as we spoke to guests, friends, and family members, they pointed to Kenna, and her beautiful words, as the most moving part of our big day. We are so grateful!!

Sent on 02/27/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Brittany, and congratulations on your fantastic wedding day! It was so lovely to meet your family and friends and to stand with you as you and Paul married each other. I am honored.

Kati · Married on 12/01/2016

I loved Kenna, and I am so happy that my husband and I chose her to officiate our wedding. She is so sweet and friendly, and working with her was a pleasure. She was very accommodating with everything we wanted for the wedding, and even threw in some great suggestions, such as the idea for a unity ceremony. We told her that we wanted the ceremony to be equal, and in no way favor one gender over another. What we got was a beautiful ceremony that emphasized love, friendship and sharing. It was full of inspiring words that we want to keep close to our heart for the rest of our lives. And even though it started to rain during the ceremony, Kenna found a way to incorporate it, and concluded the ceremony by saying "Every time it rains, you will remember this day." I would definitely recommend Kenna to anyone who is looking for a non-religious officiant. Seriously, you will not be disappointed!

Stephanie · Married on 11/12/2016

Kenna was wonderful to work with for our backyard wedding for 70 guests! She provided us with a custom, personalized wedding ceremony that truly captured us! Whether it was fine tuning our vows, or figuring out a complicated line-up, Kenna helped make our wedding day spectacular!

Sent on 01/03/2017

nc secular weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! It was my pleasure and honor to officiate your wedding. I wish you and Brooke many happy returns of the day!

Ryan · Married on 10/29/2016

We used Cynthia as our officiant. We had a last-minute thing and needed a new officiant, and she stepped in, worked with us, and helped us pull off an AWESOME ceremony! She's the best, and I would totally recommend her for any type of wedding, although ours had a more secular bent.

Mica · Married on 10/16/2016

Kenna was wonderful! We were so happy to meet with her in the beginning and knew right away she was the one we wanted to marry us. Kenna loves love! Her presence during our rehearsal kept us calm and grounded, and on our wedding day she was our rock. The ceremony itself was just beautiful, and she chose the perfect words for both my husband and I. Leading up to our wedding day, she sent us monthly questions that we each had to answer without the the other seeing.. the way Kenna incorporated our answers in the ceremony brought us both to tears. We couldn't be happier with Kenna as our Offcaint and would recommend her to all couples. What a joy it was to have her by our side! Thank you Kenna for being there with us and joining us in marriage. We will never forget our wedding day and all the love you brought with you. You truly are a special woman and we cannot speak highly enough of your professionalism, and the love you showed us during such a special time. If you're looking for an Offcaint, look no further! You won't find anyone better than this sweet lady.