National Underground Railroad Freedom Center Reviews

2 | Cincinnati, OH

2 Reviews for National Underground Railroad Freedom Center

Taryn · Married on 04/02/2011

Fab. Beautiful, unique venue right on the river. Rhonda Miller, our contact there, was great about making recommendations for other vendors (including our band, 2nd Wind, who was awesome and a huge hit.) She got back to me in a timely manner for the most part and was very accommodating when we ran into a few challenges. I love the huge space (though the hard surfaces may have increased the noise factor). There is an upstairs for cocktail hour if you want to pay extra. Awesome view. Great all around. Thank you, Rhonda!

Sent on 04/04/2011
  • User3792052 · 2+ years ago

I cannot say enough good things about the NURFC as my wedding reception venue. It really is a hidden gem for a reception venue, and I can't believe it's not booked out every weekend for weddings for the next year! We received dozens of sincere compliments from our guests as to how gorgeous the venue and location were, and we saved so much money on decorations since the grand hall is so beautiful as is! We rented both the third and second floors for our cocktail hour and reception, respectively. The third floor was great with the huge outdoor balcony overlooking the river. Our guests really enjoyed taking pictures of the sunset on that balcony!

The food and service was also top notch. They are somewhat strict in only allowing their contracted caterer as an option (unless you want to pay quite a bit more for an outside vendor), but their caterer has great options and delicious food. Service also left nothing to be desired.

Last but not least, Alexis, our coordinator, was the glue that held our entire reception together. I don't know what would have happened without her! She was absolutely fantastic, and if she's helping you with your event, you can rest assured that it will go off without a hitch!

Sent on 01/07/2014