National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force Reviews

31 | Pooler, GA

31 Reviews for National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force

• Mallory

Mallory · Married on 11/02/2019

Why would you consider getting married in a museum?????? Where should I begin!!!
    M8 has a beautiful chapel surrounded by amazing gardens! We didn't need to use any additional decor in the chapel. The stained glass windows and beautiful wood are enough to make anything else you could add pale in comparison!
    At first glance the Rotunda seems very big and 'museum' like. Use your imagination (or look at pictures on their website!) and picture it decked out with sparkle, glitz and glamour for your reception! There are so many possibilities! It was breathtaking!!
    Christa has been wonderful to work with! She has been flexible and helpful in answering questions and making changes (you know it's a woman's prerogative!) no matter how many times we came up with a new idea. Thanks again Christa!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Taylor · Married on 09/22/2018

The chapel is amazing and so beautiful! The reception venue options are also great! The staff were courteous, professional and went above and beyond in helping me both plan and organize the ceremony and reception as well as keep everything on schedule and stress free on the big day! Prices are also reasonable for a bride on a budget! I would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Tammy · Married on 03/03/2018

The National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force was a perfect place to have our wedding ceremony and wedding reception. The chapel was beautiful and romantic and the pub was a fun spot to entertain our 55 guests with music, drinks and food. Holly, the wedding director, did a phenomenal job with helping us plan and organize our wedding day. Since we were out of town and having a destination wedding, the recommendation for vendors really helped ease the stress. Every recommendation was perfect! The location of the venue was beautiful, as it had greenery and historical figures outside, which added more character to our wedding photos. The staff at the museum was always so welcoming and caring. I would recommend this venue to anyone, either living in Pooler or savannah or is having a destination wedding like we did. We would not have changed anything about our wedding day and having it at the Mighty Eighth! It was perfect!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Shannon · Married on 01/06/2018

We had a wonderful experience with the Mighty Eighth. They were easy to work with, did almost all the set up for our gathering, and were attentive to me during the reception itself to make sure I was happy. We were allowed to look around the grounds before making our decision, and were able to use the Bomber airplane room for our cocktail hour and photos. The gardens outside make for beautiful photos and we had a beautiful reception in the Art Gallery. All in all, this is the perfect place for a wedding reception. Plenty of parking, nice restrooms, plus beautiful art and interesting things for your guests to enjoy during your party. Thank you for a great experience!!!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Brittany · Married on 11/04/2017

Very warm welcoming! Make sure you understand everything before signing.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Toni · Married on 10/28/2017

Holly was magnificent during the planning as well as the ceremony and reception. Chapel was perfect size and beautiful. The reception was in the combat gallery-very unique! We did not need many decorations as the venue was decorative enough with all the planes. We did make centerpieces...that was it. The Friday dressing room was huge. We used the onsite catering, Miss Sophie's, and was not disappointed. Chardonnay Chicken was delicious. Bartender was fabulous-knew what we were drinking and had ready when we came up. Also loved the fact that two hotels were right next door and reasonably priced. Would HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! ❤️

Sent on 08/22/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

There is not enough I can say about the Mighty Eighth!! I first saw them 13 months prior, and we had already booked. I am not from Georgia, my husband had this idea as his family is from there. I fell in love immediately!!! Working with the staff was amazing. We flew into Georgia in Irma. They kept us abreast of everything happening in Savannah/ Pooler area. Luckily, we had flawless weather, and a flawless day!! Holli is the absolute BEST at what she does. Honestly, no one can top her. Our day was the best of our lives. Our hearts are so full of the love we were shown from our family and friends, but ALL the vendors made it as well. I would recommend them to anyone. Hands down, the venue is amazing and the staff is so amazing.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Andrea · Married on 09/16/2016

Venue is perfect for a all in one deal! Chapel, venue options, and caterer on site! Event staff very accommodating, thurough and responsive to individual needs. Highly recommended

Sent on 10/02/2016

Crystal · Married on 07/30/2016

Having our wedding here was extremely special to us. My husband's grandfather was part of the Mighty Eighth. When you book with your event here, your booking comes with an event coordinator. All I can say is... Thank God for Holly. I truly don't think my day could have went any more perfect (except maybe a little cooler outside ;) ) and that is thanks mostly to Holly. She made sure everything went accordingly. I had my own room inside the museum to get ready in which was extremely convenient. It was quite the deal to rent the Chapel, the Rotunda (largest room in the museum) and then get a preparation room and a coordinator. Can't beat that price at all. The Chapel is so beautiful that we added no decorations to it. We loved it just like it was.

Sent on 09/03/2016

Christa is great, she went over any and anything we had questions about. The Chapel is gorgeous and the garden is perfect for photos. Pricing is wonderful. I recommend Christa all the way.

Sent on 03/22/2015

Courtney · Married on 05/28/2016

The venue is beautiful! The chapel is breathtaking, the gardens are beautiful for photographs! The event team here is very professional and very organized. They went through every step with me along the way and were their during rehearsal and the wedding day to make sure things went smoothly! I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 06/05/2016

leah · Married on 10/24/2015

Holly and Christa made sure everything was met even during small hiccups. Thank you for all your help.

Sent on 10/27/2015

While dealing with the Mighty Eighth, I always talked to Holly. She is so sweet and amazing. She is very organized and give you options to think about. I had to go back to her many of times, twice of which were to change the wedding date, and she was very professional the whole time. She handles the reception very well and is so organized.

Sent on 12/10/2015

Margaret · Married on 07/26/2014

They were extremely helpful and responsive to our needs.

Sent on 08/07/2014

We fell in love with this place when we took a tour of the museum. Everybody was just SO great! Susan Eiseman was our coordinator and we couldn't have asked for a better one! She made everything so easy and they were so accommodating! We all had a great time and everything was so stress free! I would get married here every time!

Sent on 12/25/2013

Sharon · Married on 10/12/2013

I was very happy with my decision to use the museum for my wedding ceremony and reception. The staff, especially Holly, were all extremely helpful and accommodating. We didn't use any decorations in the chapel because it was already beautiful by itself. We had initially wanted one of the smaller reception rooms but the only thing available was the rotunda. We did not have as many guests as would usually be in there but that only made it better as there was plenty of room and the ambiance was awesome. We looked at a lot of different venues in the Savannah area and are thoroughly pleased we chose this one. Definitely would recommend!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Our reception was located in the Rotunda room. Everything was beautiful and amazing. Susan was a joy to work with, very professional and always available to answer our concerns, or questions. Our wedding reception was perfect!

Sent on 01/23/2014

Justine · Married on 08/24/2013

We got married in the chapel at the museum and it was wonderful. Christa and her staff were very responsive and easy to work with. Christa was there for the rehearsal and the wedding to make sure everyone knew what they were doing and when. I highly recommend this venue (the church) if you want a small, intimate ceremony.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Kylie · Married on 06/23/2013

The Chapel was the perfect location for our ceremony. It is beautiful and perfectly sized. The staff is super friendly and easy to work with. I received responses within hours of sending questions and Holly is amazing at what she does. Thanks for such a pefect day!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Shannon · Married on 07/05/2012

The Mighty 8th was amazing. We had our ceremony and reception there, and the catering was done by the in house restaurant, Miss Sophie's. The events department was wonderful and worked with us every step of the way. Our wedding coordinator, Susan, was so great. She had everything squared away and the day of the wedding she kept everything running smoothly and took care of the little details like bringing my husband and I glasses of ice water while we were taking lots of pictures in the heat and taking care of my veil when I forgot to take it off before the reception.

The chapel is beautiful and the Rotunda, where we had our reception, was amazing. It had plenty of room for dancing and eating. The catering by Miss Sophie's was delicious, and they even cut the cake for us! Another great thing about the Mighty 8th-chairs, tables, centerpieces, linens, etc are all available for rental right there on site. Definitely takes the headache out of wedding planning.

All in all, the Mighty 8th was amazing in every aspect. They really made our wedding day great.

Sent on 07/10/2012

Karen · Married on 07/24/2010

I cannot say enough good things about the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum. We had our wedding ceremony in the chapel, and the reception in the Rotunda. Both locations were absolutely beautiful! Our guests were commenting on how unique and beautiful the venue was.

The Mighty Eighth had other hidden benefits. They rent their own linens and centerpieces, there is plentiful parking, and they have an excellent relationship with local vendors. I could not have been more pleased.

Finally, the event staff were friendly and easy to work with (thank you Holly!!). There was never a hidden charge or an unanswered question. Thank you for making our event a wonderful experience!

Sent on 07/27/2010

Christina · Married on 04/18/2009

The event planners at the Mighty Eighth made all the difference. They were supportive and very knowledgeable. I loved the spaces and everything was perfect. We rented the Chapel and the High Waycombe room.

Sent on 05/13/2009

Erica was our coordinator, she was efficient, professional and obviously very experienced. We "misplaced" the hand crocheted/handmade ring pillow (made by our 90 year young matriarch of the family), after the ceremony. Erica went outside in the gardens (in the dark) with flashlights & other staff & found it laying in the grass! Grandma was very relieved! (As we all were).
    The only negative issue was there was only one standing full length mirror in the room for bridal party to get ready, & 6 women trying to put make-up on& fix hair in. A wall with a mirror all the way across it would have made experience less stressful.

Sent on 09/22/2016

We had our wedding in the chapel and our reception in the art gallery, which for a history teacher and an artist was perfect! Our coordinator Holly was Amazing! She helped pull off a perfect wedding! My husband, myself and both set of our parents are so thankful we chose The Mighty Eighth! If you think its a good fit for you I promise you will not be disappointed with the events team!

Sent on 04/16/2014