Nancy's Bridal & Formal Boutique Reviews

29 | Utica, MI

29 Reviews for Nancy's Bridal & Formal Boutique

Jackie · Married on 06/22/2019

Princess for a day!

My dress was pure beach wedding perfection! Thank you Lori, Bona, and Pat for being so kind every time I went into your shop and helping me pick the perfect beach wedding gown. I felt like princess for a day! I also had my alternations done at Nancy’s Bridal. I know absolutely nothing about sewing or altering and was a bit nervous when the scissors and pins came out, but their seamstresses performed magic. You could not even tell there were any alterations done. Thank you again for helping make our wedding the most perfect day ever.

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Sherry

Sherry · Married on 06/21/2019

Stress-free Excellent Customer Service

Nancy's Bridal provided excellent customer service. I fell in love with a dress that was being sold as a discounted off the rack dress. Nancy's made sure that all the necessary repairs were done to the dress so that it looked brand new. The entire process was smooth and I was confident in their work to ensure my dress was perfect.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Karen · Married on 10/14/2017

These wonderful ladies saved my daughters wedding dress. We had not purchased the wedding dress from them but will tell everyone to check here first! After going somewhere else for alterations and the dress was cut completely wrong with fraying and unevenness from top to bottom we didn’t know where to turn. I recently had heard of their alteration services from a few people. It’s around the corner from us and not only have they fixed EVERYTHING that was wrong but they found things that were done that we hadn’t even noticed. They were honest, knowledgeable and the workmanship unbelievable! Thanks to them with all they did with their outstanding personalities and services, everything was fixed and the dress looked amazing!!

Sent on 10/08/2017
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 12/02/2016

Nancy's has so many good options for a variety of budgets and they are extremely helpful with finding what works for you. They are also flexible on timing for appointments, which I needed because I work Monday through Friday.

Sent on 12/28/2016

I went to Nancy's Bridal to look for my wedding dress but didn't find anything in my size. They recommended I try another shop. I found my dress there, however they wouldn't order the dress for me because of the time constraints. We called Nancy's Bridal and they immediately called the vendor and were able to rush order the dress for me. It arrived on time and was beautiful! The alterations were free. I only had to pay for the bustling of the dress. I would highly recommend this shop to anyone looking for a dress.

Sent on 03/25/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/28/2014

Nancy was amazing! I finally found my shoes just 18 days prior to the wedding and realized I definitely needed to have my dress hemmed and a bustle added. I walked into her shop with less than two weeks until the wedding and barely any give in my schedule. Her work was amazing and worth every penny.

Sent on 10/15/2014

The staff at Nancy's Bridal is AMAZING!! Pat and Bona are so sweet and accommodating! I had a budget, they worked within it, and, best of all, the dress that I found there was one that I never dreamed I could afford!! I am so happy I went to Nancy's and you will be too!!

Sent on 05/26/2013

Jacquelyn · Married on 08/10/2013

I bought my wedding gown at this store and let me just say that people were telling me it was the most beautiful gown theyd ever seen. It truly was a timeless exquisite gown. It is by the Allure line and I could not find this specific gown at any other bridal store around the area. Once the gown was bought the staff was amazingly helpful and even made me a custom sash. My gown was my favorite part of the wedding. Thanks Nancy's!

Sent on 08/29/2013
  • Jason & Audrey

Jason & Audrey · Married on 05/11/2013

I loved the dress that I found at Nancy's Bridal!!! I found the material to be of much higher quality than dresses I tried on in different stores. I also found a dress with so much extra details in beading and design.... not just the dress i purchased but every dress i tried on at Nancy's had so much more design and handwork on it than dresses i tried on from a large retail store and other boutiques. The employees were always very kind and professional. They have been in the industry for decades so I did value their opinions on what works and does not work for my body shape. It felt nice that every time I walked in there, they remembered who I was. I am so amazed at how beautiful of a dress I found at such an inexpensive price!! My dress looked like it was worth thousands but I only paid $550. I received so many compliments on my dress from the wedding guests- some even stated that it is the most beautiful wedding gown they have ever seen. I have already referred this store to some engaged friends and I intend to continue referring in the future.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Megan · Married on 04/20/2013

I've already recommended Nancy's Bridal to a friend and they were very happy with them also.

Sent on 12/28/2013

I loved it there! It was so low key there but the dress selection was so diverse. There were so many dresses especially since the store looks so small from the outside. The seamstress was amazing and her work was flawless! Alterations were even included (except the bussel)

Sent on 07/29/2012

Stephanie · Married on 10/23/2010

Anyone who thinks that the ladies who work at Nancy's Bridal are rude and unprofessional are ridiculous. First and foremost, the store is clean and organized and carries beautiful gowns. I went to many bridal stores where the dresses were thrown onto racks, to the point where I did not even care to look through them and their inventory was terrible. The owner of Nancy's is the best. She cares what her brides want, what they end up with and everything in between. Bona knows weddings and what brides want and should have. She also is so helpful and trustworthy. Bona is also one of the most talented seamstresses. Bona's employees are also wonderful ladies, who are so helpful. I would send any bride to her store. I was so lucky to have found this bridal salon before my wedding! Bona made me look beautiful for my wedding and I am thankful for her. I am a tough sell and demanded good service and classy dresses for my wedding. I promise anyone that they will be more than satisfied with their dresses that they purchase at Nancy's and with the service that comes along with it. Thank you to Nancy and her staff for everything!

Sent on 01/09/2011

jerri · Married on 05/08/2010

I love Nancy's dress, I had been looking and looking for a dress. I went in there and the first dress I picked up was the one. They were all nice and I will refer people to them.

Sent on 03/08/2011

Heather · Married on 09/12/2009

I know this vendor got very low reviews, but I got my wedding dress and bridemaids dresses from here and I was extremely happy. I went to most of the bridal stores in all of Oakland & Macomb county and could not find anything that I liked. I found my dress here and there was nothing like it anywhere else.

Sent on 10/26/2009

Alexandria · Married on 06/18/2011

The women of Nancy's Bridal are awesome!! I tried on a dress at some high end bridal store that was "the one" but this dress was out of my price range, even with the trunk show discount(ikr). I came across Nancy's Bridal and I was a bit skeptical at first because they don't even carry the designer (La Sposa). When I walked in the young lady was full of energy and so eager to help. She insisted right away that I use her computer to show her the gown I wanted. She instantly made a phone call and while doing so I started trying on dresses they had in the store with the similar style. Not once did they try to convince me to get any of the dresses they already had she listened and understood what I wanted. A couple of days later she called me saying she would be able to get the dress and it was $600 cheaper than the high end store where I tried it on. The impressive part about it is that it was about 4 months from my wedding and I got it back in more than enough time. The alterations were superb and if I got paid for every compliment I would be rich. I recommended them to quite a few people and would do it again!!!

Sent on 07/05/2011
  • User5020475 · 2+ years ago

3.5

I had a really good experience with Nancy's Bridal! The 2nd dress I tried on there was the perfect dress for me after looking at 4-5 other places, but of course it was over budget! After some convincing from my mom, MOH, and grandmother I spent the extra money for my dream dress and it was totally worth it! Nancy and her staff were very helpful, honest, and allowed me have a carefree wedding dress experience. Alterations were included in the price of the dress ($1355) and I only needed 2 fittings- the original and then the final to confirm the alterations. She also did a french bustle which worked beautifully and was easily put up before the reception. They know what they're doing here and are very friendly! Adding cups and bustle was an extra $150.

Sent on 04/28/2015

My wedding dress along with all bridesmaids dresses were perfect. They did not do so well on my mothers dress - alterations were not great. They have a great selection and are very helpful

Sent on 01/24/2014

Lea · Married on 10/16/2010

4.2

I went to Nancy's after a long search to find a dress, and the first one I put on at Nancy's was the one. I found a beautiful gown and bridesmaid dresses at Nancy's. I personally didn't have any issues with Nancy's; my fittings went well and came out perfect, the service was great, and Bona (the owner) treated me like a valued customer. She knows what needs to be done, and may come off pushy in that manner, but it's strictly because she knows what's best for the bride.
    My bridesmaids had some issues with their dress fittings (the dresses came in too small for all 4 of my bridesmaids). However this was the manufacturer's fault; they asked for the wrong measurements and thus made the dresses smaller than needed. Nancy's worked hard to fix this and in the end ALL of my bridesmaids looked beautiful on my wedding day.
    Overall Nancy's was a great company to work with and I would suggest that any bride struggling to find that perfect dress, stop into their store and take a look around :)

Sent on 01/29/2011

Julie · Married on 04/21/2007

4.2

Nancy's Bridal was one of two shops that carried my dress. Definitely had the best price. Easy to work with. Alterations were included, but none were necessary. I did have to pay for cups & the petty coat. Small snafu with the ordering of the petty coat, but all was well and perfect for the big day.

Sent on 05/29/2008
  • Maltese

Maggie · Married on 06/06/2015

All the bridesmaids got their dresses at Nancy's after we went shopping at another location. I had stopped in here one day with my mother while looking for her MOB dress and was pleasantly surprised at the selection of dresses that were available in the store...the most of the particular designer that we were looking for out of every place that I had been to.

They were also noticeably less expensive than some of the other stores and the bridesmaids each saved anywhere from $30-50 on each of their dresses, and included free alterations. I found out after the wedding from one of my bridesmaids that the bust on her dress that had to be taken in quite a bit ended up bunching on the side of her dress and was like that when she first put it on the day of the wedding and that the thread started to give away throughout the night, but it was only after the fact that I was told and didn't notice it until she showed me photos the day of. Out of the 4 girls that bought her dress and had it altered there, she was the only one that I have been told about that had a problem.

Overall, I would still recommend Nancy's...they were pretty hands off while we were looking at dresses and didn't hover over or bug us while the girls were trying on the dresses. They called me when one girl was late ordering her dress and let me know when the order would be placed as well as when the dresses came in.

Sent on 06/23/2015
  • Ashley

Ashley Garavaglia · Married on 06/15/2019

Bridesmaid Dresses

I ordered my bridesmaids dresses from Nancy's and had a great experience. I was looking for a particular color and the workers called me when new collections came out to come view the colors. Each staff member was very friendly and answered all my questions. They let me come in and view the dress and try it on to match up with accessories as much as I needed. Some of my bridesmaids got their alterations done there and they did a great job. I have nothing but great things to say about Nancy's Bridal!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Andrea · Married on 03/17/2007

3.4
      3.5
      3.0

This is a really small bridal shop on VanDyke in Shelby Township. They were very nice and helpful and had a great selection of dresses. I went to tons of huge bridal stores but I finally found what I wanted here. As usual, they don't stock anything so you have to wait six months for most dresses to come in but that was okay, I had time. The only annoying thing is they only do fittings certain days at certain times, so that can be hard if you don't have a very flexible schedule. I definately didn't feel like a "princess" there - but all in all my dress came out perfect!

Sent on 02/12/2008

2.8
      2.5
      2.5
      3.0

My first trip in to Nancy's Bridal was great! I worked with a woman and found my dress after trying 5 on...it was amazing! However, every trip in after that I had very poor service, especially on one visit I went to by myself (without my mom or mother-in-law). Every time I tried to call and ask questions, people were short with me. I paid good money for my dress, and they continually forgot to fix things that were blatantly obvious (zipper clip, beading, etc.). I ordered my dress 9 months in advance, and they made it seem rushed once it did come in. Lastly, I was shocked when (after the price we paid) the bag was simply put in a thin plastic bag. Overall, I was happy with the selection but very disappointed in the decline in service each visit. They also did not offer any flexibility with me in scheduling times to come in. I lived over an hour away and had to plan accordingly as I work full-time, and they were not willing to accommodate most of the time. I don't generally write poor reviews, but I wanted to let other Bride's know before they choose Nancy's Bridal! Although, I'm hoping my case was abnormal for them.

Sent on 09/25/2012

1.6
      1.0

Went in looking for a an in expensive dress and found one. This was to be a backup dress to one I had purchased that I was unsure I wanted to wear. The visit went ok. Purchased a dress for $300 but than the issues happened after that . Simple alterations they tried to charge me $230 for a $300 dress. After I complained the price dropped to $150 but they wanted cash only for pick up. Who does that???? The day before the wedding I tried the dress on with the shoes and found that they altered it way too much so I could not wear it.( Thank goodness for the first dress). So now I have a $450 never worn dress to donate. I do not recommend this place instead try Piera's Bridal and Coulture on Hayes. They were excellent from beginning to end. They also did alterations on my first dress and only charged me $75 and I paid with credit card and they gave me a receipt.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Nancy's Bridal & Formal Boutique's reply:

Sorry for your experience. We offered for you to try the dress on before pick up and you declined. As per phone call, we did tell you to bring the dress in for the seamstress to look at and fix what needed to be ajusted and you never showed. As far as payment for alterations, that is our store policy as for when merchandise leaves the store. Best wishes

Lisa · Married on 05/18/2007

1.6
      0.0
      1.0

I went here on a whim mostly because they were so close to my parent's house. I found a dress I loved and ordered it right away. I was between sizes and they made me order the next size up even though I explained that I absolutely knew I would lose weight. They told me my dress would be in in six months but it took nine. I went in as soon as it came in and tried it on. At this point they started questioning how much weight I had lost. I told the owner 20 pounds and she said "well don't lose anymore." I went in a few weeks later when I was shopping for bridesmaid's dresses with my future MOH and SIL and when I asked to try my dress on for them the owner said "Why? You already tried it on." She then told me that I couldn't come in every week to try it on because I would get it dirty.

When I called to try and make an appt for my first fitting I was informed that I could only come in during the day from 10a-6p. When I explained that I worked from 8:30-5:30 and wouldn't be able to get there in time she told me I should take a day off work in order to come in. I finally took my dress and had it tailored somewhere else.

With all the things you have to deal with when you're planning a wedding, these are the LAST people you want to work with.

Sent on 03/05/2008