Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger Reviews

59 | Estero, FL

59 Reviews for Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger

Madison · Getting married on 07/14/2020

Very Impressed

My husband and I were very impressed with Rev. Berger! He was personal, professional, and did an amazing job. Rev. Berger honored our requests to have traditions from Scottish in our ceremony. He even took the time to personalize his speech for us! We were more than pleased with his services!

Sent on 03/04/2020

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

Thank you Madison and Finlay! It was a joy to share in your wedding celebration! Wishing you the best in all you do!

Melissa · Married on 12/08/2018

Experienced wedding officiant

I needed a bilingual officiant for our wedding ceremony as my future in-laws spoke limited English. I wanted the ceremony to include a few of the Spanish traditions that were important to my groom & ensure his family was included throughout our vows. Dr. Jim was everything we were looking for! He was familiar with the traditions we wished to incorporate & had no problem performing half of the ceremony in Spanish to make sure everything happening was understood by all. He even went off script to give us a little marriage advice that will stay with me for years to come! We unfortunately could not marry in the Catholic church due to a few limitations, mainly surrounding the date we chose, but Dr. Jim made sure to incorporate religion into our ceremony. He was professional & responsive from our first message to our wedding day. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

Thank you, Melissa and Leo. What a wonderful experience to share your wedding day with you! It was an honor I won't forget. Wishing you all the best, and Dios te bendiga! Dr Jim
  • LA

Leslianne · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful Experience

Dr. Jim was a pleasure to work with. We felt comfortable from the day we had our initial meeting with him and everything turned out just as he explained! He was so personable and made our ceremony flow better than we could have imagined. He took care of filing our marriage license paperwork after the ceremony and in just a couple weeks we were all set! He made things easy! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

Thank you, Leslianne and Tommy! What a joy to share your wedding day with you! Wishing you every happiness. And Tommy, I hope you still have that key to the wine box in your pocket! Do not lose it!

Dr Jim

Amanda · Married on 05/18/2018

I was on top of almost all of my wedding details from the beginning, but was really dragging my feet when it came to finding the perfect officiant; my side of the family is Roman Catholic, but my now husband’s family is Jewish and Eastern Orthodox. However, for ourselves, all we wanted to convey in our beach ceremony was positive spirituality and love.
    Worried that I wouldn’t be able to please everyone (including ourselves!), I expressed my concerns to my wedding coordinator. She suggested Reverend Dr. Jim Berger, and I am so thankful that she did!
    Dr. Jim was great from the start. He is easy to communicate with; he made time for phone calls to get to know my then fiancé and myself, as well as an in person meeting with my parents. He understood that my parents are devoted Catholics, and made sure that he did all that he could to please them and ease their worries. Dr. Jim has a positive presence; I really appreciate how he believes in love and made it apparent that he would do whatever he could to ensure everything went smoothly.
    During the ceremony, Dr. Jim made sure that we were present in the moment; he seemingly slowed down time and made us soak in that special feeling that came from our marriage ceremony. I am so thankful he did, because it goes by quicker than you realize. Because of Dr. Jim, I will always be able to stop and remember that beautiful moment in life.
    Overall, not only is Dr. Jim easy to communicate with and gets the job done, his heart is open and he genuinely cares about making your ceremony all that you want and more!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

Thank you, Amanda! It was a joy to be part of your and Ilya's wedding. Wishing you every happiness! Dr. Jim

Dena · Married on 04/21/2018

Dr. Jim made the entire process so smooth and easy for our wedding day. He was very personable and we could not have asked for anyone better!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Cynthia · Married on 03/02/2018

We needed a French speaking officiant for It was like finding a needle in a haystack. We were so lucky to find our Dr. James Berger . He and his wife offered a quick consultation and created a wonderful program.They offered a sand ceremony which was so memorable. Our guests were very impressed with the bi lingual ceremony and the beautiful details of his ceremony. They are both well worth the price.

Sent on 03/20/2018

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

Thank you, Cynthia and Olivier! We loved officiating for your beautiful wedding! It was a joy to meet both of your families, and to hear the laughter from both sides. We wish you every joy and happiness in your life together!

Dr. Jim and Patricia

Vida · Married on 02/03/2018

We loved working with Dr. Jim through our premarital counseling and wedding ceremony. Everything was perfect! He put both of us at ease and delivered a beautiful, personalized, and meaningful ceremony. He was even prepared with tissues when I shed happy tears! He is very kind, professional, punctual, informative, accommodating, and fun! My husband and I highly recommend
    Dr. Jim.

Sent on 02/10/2018

Denise · Married on 12/29/2017

Dearest Dr. Rev. Jim,
    I just wanted to take the time to say Thank You. We loved the ceremony, the spontaneous discussion to look around, think of the sparkle in my ring and what had brought us there -- absolutely unbelievable and perfect. That has not only touched me - and I think of it often, but has touched Joe's sisters and my Mom. Both of our families thought the ceremony, the music, your delivery was perfect, as did Joe and I. You really captured the meaning, the love, the specialness. I do not know how I will ever be able to convey the "perfectness" of our ceremony. Thank you so much! You are an incredible man and pastor. I am so glad you were brought into our lives!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Jenna · Married on 10/22/2017

I can't say enough about Rev. Dr. James Berger! He was our officiated our beach wedding last weekend and he was great! We had a few calls ahead of time to get to know each other and he really showed an interest in us and our love story. So much so that he was able to incorporate it into our ceremony. He was efficient, personable and really made me feel comfortable. We also got rave reviews from our guests, they said he was great! We would highly recommend him to anyone looking to get married in South West Florida.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

Thank you, Jenna and Justin! What a fun and beautiful wedding with you two. I wish you the best as you go on with your wonderful love for each other! Dr. Jim

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2017

Reverend Berger did an amazing job with our wedding. I could not have been more pleased with his ceremony. He was very accommodating throughout the entire process. Thank you Jim !

Sent on 10/13/2017

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

Neither Hurricane Irma nor a rain squall at the moment of your wedding will stop Codey and Sarah! Your love will overcome all adversity! It's already taken two of the biggest in a decade! Thanks for asking me to be part of your wonderful wedding! Best wishes to you! Dr. Jim

Suzanne · Married on 08/04/2017

Dr Jim conducted a beautiful wedding ceremony for us. He was professional, kind & friendly. I would certainly recommend him.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Marlese · Married on 06/24/2017

Dr Jim was so wonderful to work with. We had a lovely but complicated story and Dr Jim handled it with ease! My husband provided his own comments and jokes during the ceremony which Dr Jim embraced and kept our ceremony light and spiritual - just as we requested.
    I would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Courtney · Married on 05/14/2017

Jim was recommended to me by multiple of my wedding vendors. Planning to get together was super simple and during the meeting he had a rough draft of my entire ceremony for me to read from start to finish! After meeting him I knew he was going to be a perfect match for what I was looking for which was someone to make the ceremony feel traditional with a more current time feel. After the ceremony all of my guests raved at how amazing the ceremony flowed and about how amazing the words spoken matched our combined personalities and the joining of my husband and I's views and traditions! I fully recommend Dr. Jim and hope your special day is as perfect as mine was!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

What a privilege it was to share in Josh and Courtney's wedding! I wish you both the best in your adventurous life!
  • Christopher and Stacey

Stacey · Married on 04/29/2017

We got married at Hideaway Beach Club on Marco Island on April 29, 2017. Dr. Jim was our officiant and we couldn't have been happier with our choice! From the first phone call, he was interested in getting to know us and worked with us throughout the planning to create a unique ceremony for us! The ceremony was exactly what we wanted - light, funny and romantic! It focused more on us as a couple and was very "hands-on". He incorporated our story of how we met and Chris' military background. We were able to share a story about each other and personal expressions before we said our vows (which were personalized for us). Dr. Jim is VERY quick on his feet - he would occasionally go off script to add in things. For example, during the ceremony a manatee went right behind the altar and we all got very excited. At the end of the ceremony, he added "may you always get as excited as you do when you see a manatee or dolphin" - that was perfect and so us! He definitely got us as a couple! There was just the right amount of seriousness and humor. We ended our ceremony by doing a "fisherman's knot" which was a unique touch and perfect for a beach wedding! The guests are still talking about how great they thought the ceremony was and how unique and personal it was! (They actually referenced our stories about each other which means they were all really involved in the ceremony!) We are so happy with how our day turned out and couldn't have asked for a better person to marry us! Thanks, Dr. Jim!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

Thanks Stacey and Chris, it was truly my delight to share your wedding with you! I wish you every happiness!

Kristen · Married on 03/14/2017

Dr. Berger was really wonderful. He put the bride and groom at ease. He "went with the flow" or in our case "the wind" and was professional yet relaxed. I would recommend him to anyone needing a wedding officiant. Thank you, Dr. Berger!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

Truly, it was my pleasure! Blessings to all of you!

liz · Married on 02/11/2017

Dr.Jim is a delight. He was professional, easy to work with, caring and kind.
    He made our day Perfect with his kind words.
    I would recommend him highly!!

Sent on 02/21/2017
  • Anaily

Anaily · Married on 12/24/2016

Dr. Berger was amazing the most important thing was that he accommodated our date and time and performed our ceremony in our native language= Spanish. Our hand-tying ceremony delighted all our guests since this tradition is not very popular anymore. He was very pleasant and understanding to work with. I would recommend him to anyone in a heart beat.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

Anaily y Rodel, Thank you for that affirmation! What a delight it was to share your wedding with you and your family! I will always remember your Christmas Eve wedding at the Edison-Ford Winter Estates! Felicitaciones! Dr. Jim

Stephanie · Married on 11/20/2016

My husband and I both enjoyed working with Rev. Dr. Berger and Patricia Berger. Rev. Dr. Berger prepared a ceremony that was perfect for us. It is hard to get our families to stand still long enough to take good pictures but Patricia was able to get some great photos that really captured the special moments. They both helped to make things go as smoothly as possible and I appreciate them guiding us through the process.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Mystic Weddings Rev. Dr. James R. Berger's reply:

Thank you, Stephanie and Tony! What a wonderful day we got to share with you! Blessings and Happy New Year! Dr. Jim and Patricia

Tocia · Married on 11/19/2016

Rev Berger was the officiant for our wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect. He put both of us at ease and delivered a wonderful ceremony.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 11/12/2016

Dr. Jim was amazing! Everyone loved our ceremony and felt it was so personalized. Dr. Jim makes the whole process SO EASY with his clear instructions on getting your marriage license and a detailed description of the ceremony tailored to your wishes. Being from out of state, this was so helpful. He was so lovely to work with and made our ceremony so memorable and PERFECT. Thank you Dr. Jim for being such a special part of our wedding day!!!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Karen · Married on 10/22/2016

Dr. Berger was the Officiant at our wedding. He has a wonderful personality and we, along with all of our guests, found him to be a delight! He is professional, respectful and punctual. He even filed all of our paperwork for us after the wedding! What a relief to have one less thing to do! I would recommend Dr. Berger to any couple who would like a pleasant gentleman officiating their wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2016
  • Samantha& James

Marcia · Married on 10/15/2016

From the beginning, Rev. Dr. Berger made us feel extremely comfortable. Regardless of what kind of service you want and how much involvement you would like on the part of your officiant, Dr. Berger can meet your needs. He integrates information from a questionnaire you complete to engender a wedding service that was beautiful and to our liking. However, my husband and I changed our minds on what kind of service we wanted several times. Of extreme value to us was his personability, editing, experience and writing abilities. Our very special service was only achieved with Dr. Burger. Being a destination wedding, we initially expected to receive the "bare necessities" from an officiant. However, after speaking with the Rev. Dr on the phone and meeting him in person, we felt at ease with how the day would go, our realistic options, and we able to get to know him personally more (which was important to us). He presented us with considerations only experience can bring, and My husband I were very impressed. We felt calm, and comfortable; enough to e-mail multiple ideas and amendments to the service for his opinion. Dr. Berger was quick to read the sometimes lengthy emails; to select and integrate changes how he saw fit; and promptly send an updated service. His effort and judgement resulted in a beautiful service, which would not have been anywhere close with anyone else. Multiple guests complimented the service on how he kept people present in the moment. Everyone says your wedding day goes by in a blink of an eye, but I am happy that I can vividly remember what it felt and looked like throughout the service. - James and Samantha Parrish

Sent on 01/24/2017

Kodi · Married on 06/26/2016

Dr. Jim and Patricia made our wedding day absolutely perfect! Dr. Jim created a beautiful ceremony that was everything we could have asked for, and Patricia took our photo ideas and turned them into beautiful memories of our special day. They are both very professional and personable and made us feel at ease during the planning stages and on our wedding day. We got so much more than we paid for. I assure you that you cannot go wrong with this sweet couple! My only regret is that we didn't have more time to get to know them better. Beautiful couple!
    Jeff and Kodi Brown

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • alison

alison · Married on 02/19/2016

he was the minister for my best friends wedding and did a great job. Now its my turn to get married! He was quick at responding to my inquiries, fees are fair, easy to talk to, personalizes everything.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Rebecca · Married on 01/23/2016

We loved working with Dr. Jim! From the moment we initially reached out, he was very responsive, thorough, helpful and a pleasure to speak with and work with.
    During the wedding, before we began the vows, he made a point for everyone there to take in the moment, step back, breathe, look up and down the beach and enjoy the beauty of the environment, the moment, etc...It was perfect, and so many guests commented on how great a moment that was for them.
    I would recommend Dr. Jim to anyone in a heartbeat.
    Thank you very much!! We are so happy to have worked with you and we loved our ceremony. It was perfect.
    Word of advice - We had an issue with our marriage license that we didn't realize until we met with Dr. Jim a few days before the wedding to hand it off. He was able to catch the error, call the clerk for us, and help us understand how to make everything right again. They had us in the right county, but the wrong state. According to Dr. Jim, not the first time they've made an error.
    Be sure to quadruple check that all data on your marriage license is accurate before you leave the Lee County Clerk's office office, even though you may enter the data correctly in the computer, doesn't mean it's going to be right on your actual license.

Sent on 03/19/2016